Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breath of the Wild was praised too much. The main dungeons felt lackluster, the quests leading up to getting into them were alright, but the designs looked far too similar, and didn't feel dungeon-y at all. The Shrines were a decent attempt at providing Link a way to level up (via the Orbs you get, and using them for health/stamina). The weapon durability system was annoying; didn't feel any attachment to my equipment.

It works OK as an open world game. Just not as a Zelda game.
    --------
    Mega Man X5 sucks eggs. Tidal Whale and Volt Kraken's stages COMPLETELY put me off even attempting another stage. Tidal Whale has an absurdly persistent mini-boss, which in it's first iteration has a harsh ability-kit with a very small area of relative safety. And that's only if you manage to destroy one part of it in the chase segment before fighting it. If you die before the fight, the checkpoint sends you to a few seconds before the first fight with the boss at FULL HEALTH.

Don't even get me started on Volt Kraken's ridiculous Hover Bike segment. And not being able to get to the Armor piece if you didn't get all of the energy balls in the Hover Bike segment. And the locked doors that require you to hit switches at the right time to let you get through both doors. I got to the one where you're on the moving platform and have to shoot the one on the platforms level, the one in the top left corner, with the door being a jump above the lower switch; and gave up the game.

I don't know what happened from X4 to X5 design wise - but it wasn't good. X4 felt well balanced. Then X5 just shat all over X1-4. None of them felt as bullshit as X5.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2020-09-23 at 03:35 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Third person games are far more immersive than first person.
    • Cosmetics are just as important to a game as gameplay and story!
    • Fallout 2 is better than Fallout: New Vegas.
    • Making story-driven games co-op instead of single player is one of the worst trends in gaming.
    • The Epic Game Store is fine and quite often has some really good deals (the lack of a shopping cart is still stupid though).
    • Turn based combat is far superior to real time combat for RPGs.
    • Bulbasaur is the best Gen 1 starter.

That's all I can think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    --------
    Mega Man X5 sucks eggs. Tidal Whale and Volt Kraken's stages COMPLETELY put me off even attempting another stage. Tidal Whale has an absurdly persistent mini-boss, which in it's first iteration has a harsh ability-kit with a very small area of relative safety. And that's only if you manage to destroy one part of it in the chase segment before fighting it. If you die before the fight, the checkpoint sends you to a few seconds before the first fight with the boss at FULL HEALTH.

Don't even get me started on Volt Kraken's ridiculous Hover Bike segment. And not being able to get to the Armor piece if you didn't get all of the energy balls in the Hover Bike segment. And the locked doors that require you to hit switches at the right time to let you get through both doors. I got to the one where you're on the moving platform and have to shoot the one on the platforms level, the one in the top left corner, with the door being a jump above the lower switch; and gave up the game.

I don't know what happened from X4 to X5 design wise - but it wasn't good. X4 felt well balanced. Then X5 just shat all over X1-4. None of them felt as bullshit as X5.
    ...as someone who kinda follows the Megaman X Community... that opinion on X5 is actually pretty popular..X5 is considered meh at best and the beginning of the end at worst THE ONLY saving grace is that its better than 6 and 7 and if being better than 6 and 7 is the hurdle for being good then anyone can jump it

Hell I haven't bought the X collection 2 because X8 is the only reason I would get it and its not even a very good reason either.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Cosmetics are just as important to a game as gameplay and story!
    Have to agree with this one in particular. If I'm going to spend time in a video game and engage in the story/mechanics, I need my character to look like a badass and stand out.

ITT: People who don't know what "unpopular opinion" means.

Especially considering, with a lot of the ones spouted, they're pretty heavily agreed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    RAID: Shadow Legends gets too much hate. Its a standard mobile game these days, nothing to throw a fit over. The only reason people hate it was because of all the over the top marketing and sponsorship they did for it.

As someone who has played it and still plays it, its not that bad.
    I don't think this is unpopular, to be honest. I was in the same boat for a while, where I didn't play it simply because they had ads for it everywhere. Plarium really knew how to market their game though, that's undeniable. But honestly, after starting playing it because of a sponsor that Pikaboo was doing, I gotta say the game isn't really bad at all a month in. After playing Summoners War for years and wanting a break from it, R:SL has scratched that itch just fine.
    eta: New player stuff for R:SL is by far and wide better than any other mobile game I've ever played, as well.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2020-09-25 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    • Third person games are far more immersive than first person.
    • Cosmetics are just as important to a game as gameplay and story!
    • Turn based combat is far superior to real time combat for RPGs.

That's all I can think of right now.
    I agree with those.

Hyperdimension Neptunia series is a great series

Open world games are boring

Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 are the best Mega Man games made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post

Especially considering, with a lot of the ones spouted, they're pretty heavily agreed upon.

I don't think this is unpopular, to be honest. I was in the same boat for a while, where I didn't play it simply because they had ads for it everywhere. Plarium really knew how to market their game though, that's undeniable. But honestly, after starting playing it because of a sponsor that Pikaboo was doing, I gotta say the game isn't really bad at all a month in. After playing Summoners War for years and wanting a break from it, R:SL has scratched that itch just fine.
    eta: New player stuff for R:SL is by far and wide better than any other mobile game I've ever played, as well.
    These threads always start correct, then turn into whiny little bitchfests so it's not really surprising it devolved into what it is.

To stay on topic, Rockstar games are heavily overrated and are just bland games altogether.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Nexomon Extinction is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post

Its a very unpopular opinion I am afraid, no one and absolutely no one not under an actual sponsor deal (if people even accept sponsors from RAID these days seeing as its been stigmatized so much) has spoke well of RAID Shadow legends. If anything the game has become a meme and is usually laughed at. When a video game comes out and looking a certain way, its 'Looks like RAID Show Legends eww' and stuff along those lines. Just look at the Warcraft Reforged comments, RAID Shadow Legends is associated with 'bad' now.

I think I am right in saying me liking the game is an unpopular opinion. And I am sure there are 'some' people who like it, but majority of people I see laugh when this game is mentioned. And that' once again usually because of those points I made in my previous post, most of the people who laugh at it probably haven't even played it. Also there was a very viral video going around about saying how much the game sucks (the video was shit and inaccurate too) that I see people mirror his opinion on because they watched his video, not from actual experience. Cannot remember the guys name who made the video, I am sure you can find it... and many like it lol:P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-25 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think I am right in saying me liking the game is an unpopular opinion.
    Matter of who you interact with, I suppose. Almost everyone I know doesn't really talk bad about it. Half of them don't play it, but pretty much the 'worst' they say about it is the marketing campaign got really... Overbearing. But they never commented on the game itself being terrible or anything. As for the ones who do play it, they pretty much all say it's pretty well done for a mobile game... Very, very grindy, but not an awful game.

Any free game I'm willing to at least give a shot, for the most part. At worst I lose maybe a couple of hours, no skin off my back really. I've found that listening to youtuber/streamer opinions on a game is almost always gonna be horribly biased one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Skyrim without mods is a shadow of itself though, sure the map and quests are good but the game felt empty like they done all the story elements and forgot to do the combat so added in some 20 year old bullshit combat system at the last minute. Not saying it's a bad game just nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, without mods.
    also forgot that they basically nuked the spell system list from orbit and stripped it down to its bare bones. just like they did with everything in that mediocre game.
    base oblivion had more options than skyrim with mods.

also legion is and was a garbage expansion. yeah i said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    These threads always start correct, then turn into whiny little bitchfests so it's not really surprising it devolved into what it is.

To stay on topic, Rockstar games are heavily overrated and are just bland games altogether.
    you seem to not understand what the word OPINION means.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I think Cataclysm was a very fun expansion. The new zones were great (including Vashj'ir) and some of the armor sets looked nice. Also the dungeons.

Monster Hunter is objectively a well-made game, but it's certainly not fun for me. I feel like I'm doing work 90% of the time trying to figure out the systems and game mechanics. It's way too convoluted.

Witcher 3 (without expansions) is the worst of the trilogy. Open world completely ruined the the main story.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2020-09-25 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    also forgot that they basically nuked the spell system list from orbit and stripped it down to its bare bones. just like they did with everything in that mediocre game.
    base oblivion had more options than skyrim with mods.

also legion is and was a garbage expansion. yeah i said it.

- - - Updated - - -

you seem to not understand what the word OPINION means.
    You seem to not understand what we're talking about AT ALL so keep your trap shut.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Witcher 3 (without expansions) is the worst of the trilogy. Open world completely ruined the the main story.
    I hear alot about how the base game ( no addons ) is an unbalanced mess, with broken abilities and gearing that makes little sense.

Do you think this is the case?

I've tried several times to install these overhaul patches that the game has, but apparently my computer knowledge is pretty limited, as I could never get any of them to work properly, and have thus never played the game.

I'd also add, the Mario games, while good, are in no way the best games ever made, and the insistence of major publications when doing goat lists to stick one of them on top is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The joke about having a million games to play but not being able to pick one and only staring at your huge steam library is lame. Clearly it's a prioritization issue that, like other media (movies, tv shows, books) there's a priority order and some of the mediocre games aren't that appealing until other things get exhausted and the time is right.

It's not that funny to me. Most people don't get that there's not infinite time to consume everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Majora's mask is way better then Ocarina of time.

Twilight Princess is also better then Ocarina of time

Red and blue are not the best Pokemon games or the best generations. Black and white and their sequels were the best gameplay and story wise, gen 4 is the best design wise.

Guild wars 2 has the best overworld of any MMO

Final fantasy 14 story is all it has going for it and even then it can be a drag sometimes

Wow has the best long term playability

Horizon zero dawn is one of the worst games I have ever played with downright abysmal voice acting and a generic ai got to smart robot plot

Tales of series are such an underated jrpg

Final fantasy games have way to many party characters and half of them don't even contribute to the plot past their Introduction

Think I got a that off my chest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robthelerm View Post
    Nintendo should have released a game of just minigames from Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 and some.
    Now I'm imagining a Pokemon Mario party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Haru is best girl in Persona 5
    Ew forehead is probably one of the worst, might have been better if she wasn't introduced so late into the game but yeah. Queen ftw
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Witcher 3 is over rated - it has good quests, but a shit ton of filler crap, like a shit ton, and that brings it to mediocre level, if album has one 3 masterpieces and 6 shit songs, it's not a great album, it's a very meh album with 3 amazing songs.

The Last of Us - one of the most boring games I've played. Yea I guess it has a good story. It's a video game, gameplay is king, and for an hour I've "played" it, it felt like a pretty boring-ish movie and to play I had to hold LS pointing up - jesus christ what garbage.

Covering world's most delicious ice cream in shit doesn't make it very good ice cream - it makes it literally shit. This one ties strongly with my second opinion, because most people say "last of us picks up and then it's great". This is one thing about gamers (that they are prepared to eat shit to get good parts) confuses me and I'll never understand it. Like, get another hobby and go do that if game is shit for an hour.

GTA V is garbage. It's huge, considering it's a PS3/x360 game, but daaaamn every major part of it sucks complete balls - driving is garbage, cover mechanics are garbage, shooting is garbage. Bought it, explored a bit and sold it.

WoW Classic and upcoming(?) WoW Classic TBC are and will be garbage. They are very bad, they are very easy, but boy are they very tedious. Auto attacking mobs for the first 20-30 levels is not fun.

Dark Souls games should get a "story" (as in very easy) mode and it wouldn't fucking ruin the game any bit. Tie achievements to "normal" mode, because people who would enjoy playing Dark Souls on easy don't give a damn about achievements anyways and tryhards would get their superiority fix by going "hahaha you didn't get achievements tho".
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Dark Souls games should get a "story" (as in very easy) mode and it wouldn't fucking ruin the game any bit. Tie achievements to "normal" mode, because people who would enjoy playing Dark Souls on easy don't give a damn about achievements anyways and tryhards would get their superiority fix by going "hahaha you didn't get achievements tho".
    It's not like the games have good story. If people don't care about learning game mechanics, which aren't even that hard, I doubt they'd care about reading all the item flavour text, talking to everyone and properly exploring locations to make sense of what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though