Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Negativity gives views, so no wonder that everyone making their living off of selling negativity constantly talks about this being the worst thing ever even if the facts don't back that up.
    Saying BfA is doing well would literally cost them money.
    sloot literally talking about this on his stream right now

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I gotta disagree. Its a really well rounded narrative with a positive design that is really helpful to new players. Only negative from the whole zone is the lack of a quest involving interrupts.
    Not narrative as in "in game story" but narrative as in "Patch 9.0 adds new zone full of content into the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not narrative as in "in game story" but narrative as in "Patch 9.0 adds new zone full of content into the game".
    It is a new zone with new content though. The only thing that doesnt qualify it as a "new zone" is that you can only go there at the beginning during levelling and cannot revisit it outside that.

I mean, it even has new unique transmogs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

God. Ask some of the old guard here man, I am one of the most pessimistic suckers on these crappy forums. But the entitlement to call a new zone, its literally technically called a zone, not a zone because it doesn't meet your own personal very unique and totally standard idea of a zone is laughable. It has a story that is very generic yes, but also incredibly down to earth and not overly hero-centric, its refreshing from all the Maw Walking, Children/Hero of Azeroth talk of the last half decade. It has transmog that is the same, very unique in a world filled with bombastic and epic. Same with the music.

Subjectively you may not like the content you see, but objectively, its a new zone with new content to do and its arriving in a prepatch as a way to play something completely new before the expansion actually launches. Some of the complaining that goes on here and on wowhead these days is just so much ironically like a Blizzard patch pendulum swing it isn't even funny.

And my low pop server didn’t get merged. What joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    And my low pop server didn’t get merged. What joy.
    Not yet, there might be more in the future.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Mergers on the 29th all but confirms the 6th as the prepatch date. Can't imagine them merging servers and running into potential issues again while simultaneously overhauling everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Mergers on the 29th all but confirms the 6th as the prepatch date. Can't imagine them merging servers and running into potential issues again while simultaneously overhauling everything.
    I mean Brewfest ending on the 6th also confirmed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    It takes literally 15-20 minutes...tops. Takes an hour only if you want to stop and pick every flower..comment on every friggin bird...or drag it out because you think you have a ton of people watching you. The pre-patch is in one word.....boring.

I mean Brewfest ending on the 6th also confirmed it.
    Not really, as has been pointed out, if Hallows end can overlap with the expansion release then Brewfest can share a week with the pre-patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    It takes literally 15-20 minutes...tops. Takes an hour only if you want to stop and pick every flower..comment on every friggin bird...or drag it out because you think you have a ton of people watching you. The pre-patch is in one word.....boring.
    Not a soul is waiting for the prepatch so they can jump into Exile's Reach. Obviously it does nothing for you if you've been playing for years. It's extremely helpful to the new players who don't know the nuances of the game like us. Complaining about it being boring is like saying LFR is too easy when youre a Mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not yet, there might be more in the future.
    I'm fully expecting them to keep merging until every zone has only 1 RP and 1 non-RP megaserver each.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm fully expecting them to keep merging until every zone has only 1 RP and 1 non-RP megaserver each.
    That should have happened the moment they first made players from other realms appear on our screens in the world. I have never cared about any player I have seen out in the world after that because they're some rando from random server I'll never see again.

God. Ask some of the old guard here man, I am one of the most pessimistic suckers on these crappy forums. But the entitlement to call a new zone, its literally technically called a zone, not a zone because it doesn't meet your own personal very unique and totally standard idea of a zone is laughable. It has a story that is very generic yes, but also incredibly down to earth and not overly hero-centric, its refreshing from all the Maw Walking, Children/Hero of Azeroth talk of the last half decade. It has transmog that is the same, very unique in a world filled with bombastic and epic. Same with the music.

Subjectively you may not like the content you see, but objectively, its a new zone with new content to do and its arriving in a prepatch as a way to play something completely new before the expansion actually launches. Some of the complaining that goes on here and on wowhead these days is just so much ironically like a Blizzard patch pendulum swing it isn't even funny.
    Context matters? Is that so hard to grasp for you? The original argument was that the patch has some content and listed a new and a reworked zone. In the context of content it is a very small minor zone, especially if measured against any of the usual zones you would find in an expansion or a patch update, hence arguing that it's barely a zone in the context of what a zone usually is, is perfectly fine. This won't be a 5h questing experience, what is the usualy association with the word, it's a fraction of that only relevant for new characters. It's a pretty tutorial. It is good for what it is, but it doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things for people that have played this game for years.

Calling a few rare spawns a reworked zone isn't even worth adressing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I was just wanting the leveling, class, and new customization changes so I can enjoy leveling new characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I was just wanting the leveling, class, and new customization changes so I can enjoy leveling new characters.
    Same. Prepatch event itself is meaningless to me as I've plenty of gear & don't give a damn about the lore, but leveling an alt or two for fun sounds like a good time

Are people seriously hating on Exiles Reach? It's a fucking tutorial to the game. Chill out, people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Also no mail boxes .... you have to run around with ugly gear and no options to transmog during the whole thing -,-
    As someone who did Exiles Reach, you legit enter SW soon after doing it all. Besides, you can't really Xmog your gear till Level 10, which is...well...

AFTER THE EXILES REACH EXPERIENCE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Are people seriously hating on Exiles Reach? It's a fucking tutorial to the game. Chill out, people.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who did Exiles Reach, you legit enter SW soon after doing it all. Besides, you can't really Xmog your gear till Level 10, which is...well...

AFTER THE EXILES REACH EXPERIENCE!
    You can use all gear from classic before you reach level 10 - so sadly, if I have to choose between no x-mog and exiles reach or an old starting zone with x-mog, I'll choose the one with x-mog. Would be a simple fix from blizzard to add a mail box, though!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Or try to farm mail box toy

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, with all the crossrealm stuff I don’t know why we don’t have megaservers yet (like ESO).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again