Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The 50-60 leveling is pretty broken right now. Also there are just so many bugs with classes and conduits right now. Class Balancing is probably not the reason for the delay... this stuff is only really important in the so-called "heroic week" before they launch mythic and m+.

But yeah, bugs and broken leveling is 90% of the reason.
    I’m only at level 53 and the 2-3 “bugs” I’ve encountered are barely a nuisance, let alone a hindrance. I acknowledge the fact there’s still 7 levels left to go, and that I’ve not yet worked with the end game systems.

So far what I’ve seen is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I’m only at level 53 and the 2-3 “bugs” I’ve encountered are barely a nuisance, let alone a hindrance. I acknowledge the fact there’s still 7 levels left to go, and that I’ve not yet worked with the end game systems.

So far what I’ve seen is good.
    I heard you do only the story in SL and only reach lvl 58. Leveling has to be buffed so everyone isn't forced to do the side quests esp on alts.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dorisbohjsom View Post
    So I made this post explaining why SL is bad and I never hoped that blizzard will do a system overhaul, but they've listened ! OMG
    Whoa man, good job.

I bet they were liek "let's launch... owait, there is this guy on MMO-C saying we should delay... dam, there go our plans."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of your post lmao good one.

Edit: Wrong thread lol sorry
    Last edited by Huntaer; 2020-10-01 at 09:09 PM.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Remove the damage-dealing abilities from Covenants; put three of them into a new talent row and give one of them as the expansions' new ability. I'm sure that would appease a good number of players, and remove at least a part of Blizzards' balancing headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Huh? Wrong thread in fact there are two threads. I made mine's first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The deluge of threads about the delay are getting merged, please ignore the dust and random debris.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm good with it, gives me more time to level some more alts

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I'm good with it, gives me more time to level some more alts
    This. I have more time to farm island expeditions and possibly get the PvP season mount.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Shadowlands got further delayed to everyone's shock into late Q4.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To the WoW community,

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year—and while we’re still in the process of determining the right new date to launch, we felt it was important to let you know about this change in plans as soon as we could. This was an incredibly difficult decision for the team, as we’re as eager to get the expansion into your hands as you are to play it—but ultimately, we feel it’s the right decision for the game—and for our players.

Over the past several months of testing, we’ve made significant progress iterating on and polishing the core features and gameplay of Shadowlands. We’re at a point where the zones, the campaign, the level-up questing experience, and the story we have to tell are essentially ready to share. We’re excited by the Covenants at the heart of the expansion, and it’s been a thrill to see Torghast take shape into a fun new kind of WoW experience, thanks in no small part to your input.

However, as everything started coming together and we’ve been listening to and building upon your feedback, it’s become clear we need a little more time for additional polish, and to balance and iterate on some interlocking pieces—particularly those related to the endgame. Shadowlands is one of the most intricate expansions we’ve yet created, and while we’ve made great progress, the challenge of tuning the endgame was compounded by the team having to work from home.

Blizzard has a commitment to quality. We believe Shadowlands will be something special, and we’ve heard from many of you who feel the same. We need this extra time to ensure that Shadowlands lives up to its full potential.

In the meantime, we’re excited to announce that beginning October 13 we will be releasing the Shadowlands pre-patch, which lays a lot of the groundwork for the expansion and includes our revamped character leveling, new-player experience on Exile’s Reach, and a host of new character customization options. And once we get closer to Shadowlands’ release, you’ll be called upon to defend Azeroth against a resurgence of the Scourge during our pre-launch event.

Thanks for your support and passion, and for your continued help and feedback as we head toward the finish line.

We’ll see you in the Shadowlands soon,

John Hight, Executive Producer of World of Warcraft

What should be changed and what should be added to make the game better? Please avoid posting story-spoilers as this thread focuses on the other aspects of the expansion.

For me this is what I would have changed:

Major:
    Easier and less punishing to swap covenants
    Covenants made a more so a RPG/lore and cosmetic choice than PvE/PvP gameplay choice.
    Certain and least-favored abilities like bloated abilities such as hunter's mark removed. Cool looking spells that people want to use but are stuck as a talent [ex. Arcane Supernova, Fire Meteor, Breath of Sindragosa, etc] made baseline and replaced with better talents.
    Influence talents so that we aren't all stuck with the best builds and have builds we can choose from to play.
    Update spell animations that are very old. [Ex. Holy Paladin, Resto Druid, Guardian Druid, etc.].
    Certain specs still need to be reworked further and/or fixed... Survival Hunter, Guardian/Feral Druid, WW, Elemental/Enh, Arcane Mage, etc]
    Fix the bugs. Level 1's in SL can use BFA gear and ROFL'stomp mobs. There's also several bugs in BFA that haven't been fixed where you can collide with doodads and be DC'd.
    Remove more RNG in the game. It's unhealthy for the game.

Minor:
    More customizations that can be added quickly with photoshop [Hair colors, eye colors, skin colors, etc]
    Add a bit more flair to the login screen. I'm sure at least one of Sindragosa's brood still exists *hint hint*
    Update character's models who are important to the story [Lillian, Rokhan, Ji, Aysa, etc]
    i still dont think this is going to make them change covenants. hope im wrong, but i think this is purely because they are behind on finishing systems and fixing bugs.

depends on how far it ends up being pushed back i guess. i do think it will still be this year. cant see them letting prepatch run 3 months lol

Maybe the ripcord is being pulled? I can only hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Wrong thread in fact there are two threads. I made mine's first.
    Lol i think i did post in thr wrong one lol! Sorry my man.
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I heard you do only the story in SL and only reach lvl 58. Leveling has to be buffed so everyone isn't forced to do the side quests esp on alts.
    It may have been buffed? I’m not terribly far into bastion, judging by the portion of map I’ve left to discover. At least half the zone left to explore, surely I’ll get at least another level out of it.

I couldn’t imagine there not being 6 levels out of the last 3 zones, assuming maw isn’t a Leveling zone. Though I will openly admit I have no idea and
    Could be wrong.

Going to be a LOT of refund requests and charge backs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It may have been buffed? I’m not terribly far into bastion, judging by the portion of map I’ve left to discover. At least half the zone left to explore, surely I’ll get at least another level out of it.

I couldn’t imagine there not being 6 levels out of the last 3 zones, assuming maw isn’t a Leveling zone. Though I will openly admit I have no idea and
    Could be wrong.
    Bastion is fast, it's around Ardenweald and Revendreth that experience drops off a cliff.

Edit: Wrong thread lol sorry
    Not wrong thread, they just merced those talking about delays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Not wrong thread, they just merced those talking about delays
    wtf lol, in my 10 years i've never seen a thread merger before ^.~
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

wtf lol, in my 10 years i've never seen a thread merger before ^.~
    I've seen a few just recently.

doesnt matter, will still be shit

sorry to be so negative but the core game is flawed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    People are just speculating as to why the delay, but none really no for sure..
    I think it's pretty obvious that they need more time to iterate on endgame systems. There's a lot of stuff that people just haven't had enough time to test and it's going to take more than 3-4 weeks to take feedback and implement changes. They don't want to repeat the mistakes of BFA where they didn't have any time to properly test Azerite Armor before it launched, so they're delaying it.

I wouldn't expect sweeping changes (IE gutting / replacing systems entirely) but they need to make adjustments.

Its gonna be balancing and bug fixing. I wouldn't expect any changes to how the core mechanics of covenents work.