10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, the worse part is that this thread will continue its discussion of MU and AUs

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Shit, the worse part is that this thread will continue its discussion of MU and AUs
    the show angel already answered this

shadowlands is main
    souls from each timeline is the little cube and each death one of the cubes break and main timeline gains memories

Just logged into Battle.Net and got a beta invite. My account wasn't flagged 12 hours ago. So, new wave I guess?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    To give an example I would expect Blizzard to add the 5th ring to Azerite gear from the start if they had delayed BfA by longer than a month. Not strictly new content, but something tangible that leads players to actually feel like the time was worth it.

Balancing and bugfixes are important, of course, but it isnt something that is easily noticeable, and might lead to further outrage if players feel Blizzard had them stay in BfA for nothing.
    YMMV but stuff like the extra ring would to me fit under "balancing" more than "new content".

The idea that people will be "outraged" if there isn't "more content" in SL isn't one that stands up to examination. About 95% of people in WoW right now have only a vague and dodgy idea of what the content in SL is. Seriously. They don't carefully follow stuff, they aren't checking which covenant they'll need to pick and so on. If you gave them a quiz, most of them couldn't even name all the covenants off the top of their head.

So we're really talking about the maybe 5% of players who have been closely following what's in SL. Yeah, they may be annoyed if stuff isn't added, but only if the delay is into like late January or February 2021 or later, I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    YMMV but stuff like the extra ring would to me fit under "balancing" more than "new content".

The idea that people will be "outraged" if there isn't "more content" in SL isn't one that stands up to examination. About 95% of people in WoW right now have only a vague and dodgy idea of what the content in SL is. Seriously. They don't carefully follow stuff, they aren't checking which covenant they'll need to pick and so on. If you gave them a quiz, most of them couldn't even name all the covenants off the top of their head.

So we're really talking about the maybe 5% of players who have been closely following what's in SL. Yeah, they may be annoyed if stuff isn't added, but only if the delay is into like late January or February 2021 or later, I'd suggest.
    Not that they would be outraged, but more that delaying an expansion like this should make us feel like it was worth it, and not just that Blizzard screwed up planning.

The 5th ring on Azerite was balancing in a way, but it was also fixing one of the problems with Azerite that was in the initial launch, that of only a few pieces being used because they had the best trait, which was mostly fixed by giving everyone double the amount.

Similarly i feel that if Blizzard is considering changes to Conduits in 9.1 like how they are gathered, or what kinds there are, then they should strive ot add it in now.
    Same with other things like if they have an idea for a cool mount, or changes to the covenant renown system. Things that are not strictly new content, but which would normally be the kind of thing we would see in the first major patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Frankly, i don't expect much more than two weeks delay. That fits with the expected prepatch durations based on past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, i don't expect much more than two weeks delay. That fits with the expected prepatch durations based on past expansions.
    Well anything after November 19th with so many games will make wow less of a priority...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Well anything after November 19th with so many games will make wow less of a priority...
    November is such a no go for WoW. Has to be December or even January.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Similarly i feel that if Blizzard is considering changes to Conduits in 9.1 like how they are gathered, or what kinds there are, then they should strive ot add it in now.

Same with other things like if they have an idea for a cool mount, or changes to the covenant renown system. Things that are not strictly new content, but which would normally be the kind of thing we would see in the first major patch.
    Interesting. To me these are two different things - I do agree that if they have straightforward changes to Conduits etc. that they're aiming to add in 9.1, they should see if they could push them into the release, if they're genuine gameplay improvements.

But extra mounts or the like? That can wait for 9.1. There's going to a ton of content in SL, and stuff like that, which wasn't planned for release, is better staying as post-release content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Yeah the tail on CP2077 won't be that bad. The people who are really intense about it will have finished it by the end of November, even if playing less obsessively - it's apparently shorter than TW3 (on purpose, CDPR though TW3 was too long). So December should be fine, they can just delay raid unlocks until January. January is still probably soon enough that people won't be mad, too.

Just logged into Battle.Net and got a beta invite. My account wasn't flagged 12 hours ago. So, new wave I guess?
    I've got it in my client and I didn't even bother opting in.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So two weeks for prepatch
    My plan is
    Unlock all allied races (haven’t done the quests)
    Make the planned classes
    Prepatch hits
    Level void elf
    Level dark iron
    Do event stuff
    Then when it hits late November I have enough characters to be ready for the long preseason that just so happens to work better than BfA because of the way gearing is going to work....interesting ������

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Wrath was released in November
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If they make going Maldraxxus the optimal covenant for DKs that alone will be enough for me to consider Shadowlands a success lol

Oh thank god...

The Expansion's delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As was WoD, and might I add, I thought it released at the perfect time.

If you read the full context of that post and the quote it was replying to, they specifically said that because there are a bunch of big games coming out in november.

I'm sure the original october date was trying to get in before cyberpunk for instance, which I highly doubt they want to compete with.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yeah, currently gonna get the following :

- Demon Souls
    - Miles Morales
    - Cyberpunk
    - Valhalla

How the hell do I fit wow in here if it's in mid november?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Thumbs down

Wrath's release was also announced in September. They announced the October release date of Shadowlands in August. I expect they will continue to give two months' notice for release announcements, which puts us in December at the earliest.

I reckon it'll be last week of November or first week of December with the raid opening pushed to the new year.

It makes sense to please the angry part of the fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    That's why only December makes sense. I don't see them delaying until 2021. And a delay of 2-3 weeks isn't even worth it, if they're aiming for that they could've released it on its initial date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    As was WoD, and might I add, I thought it released at the perfect time.
    Yeah, August for WoW expansions never felt right for me. November was the best, Cataclysm in December was good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Beta is a mess, 99% of the chat is about "which is the best Covenant". This will be the same at launch and it's already a nightmare. Blizzard did themselves no favor.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again