Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Its not so much getting nasty with Blizzard, its venting. While there are a number of you who want to grief them for complaining, the vast majority support them and understand why they are upset. That is what its about. People want to feel like they aren't the only ones feeling upset by the delay.
    Vast majority here: yes, but the vast majority in general: i have some doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    It's not even venting... imo.

It's just making sure that they don't do this again, pre-maturely announcing a date and getting everyone hyped.
    This is entirely the fault of the marketing / financial dept. or Activision-Blizzard trying to set that deadline for the developers.

Next time they should just shut up instead of announcing a promise they can't keep. Right now they fucked with a few ten thousand if not hundreds of thousands of people's work vacation days.
    Blame antsy shareholders and the incredibly vocal fans who throw a shit fit when they're not given a release date.

My boss plays classic.
    He understood. He also asked me today if I wanted to cancel it.

And I only tried to use it for this, since COVID ruined my plans and I need to burn up some pto as I'm nearing my carry over limit.
    ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    She has people that pay her for things by check for other business (she works for a company but also runs a company on the side)
    She might need to find a better bank

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    It's not even venting... imo.

It's just making sure that they don't do this again, pre-maturely announcing a date and getting everyone hyped.
    This is entirely the fault of the marketing / financial dept. or Activision-Blizzard trying to set that deadline for the developers.

Next time they should just shut up instead of announcing a promise they can't keep. Right now they fucked with a few ten thousand if not hundreds of thousands of people's work vacation days.
    I agree. You know Blizzard, it was a way to inflate their quarterly earning with all the pre purchases.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    She might need to find a better bank
    Every bank in her area is only open 8-5, it's a small town. Less than 5k people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    All the comments I've been seeing has been people talking shit about Blizzard because their plans got ruined. It's utterly childish.
    Show me one forum over the last 15 years where people are not constantly trashing Blizzard for one thing or another. Looking through your past posts, you've done it as well. So are you being childish, or just frustrated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Vast majority here: yes, but the vast majority in general: i have some doubt.
    Always a reference to current audience.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it "over", but we're certainly at a point were we can make reasonable guesses at how the next months are going to go. Which currently is likely going to include COVID not going anywhere until we have a working vaccine.
    I didnt say it was over. I said the bulk of it is.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Every bank in her area is only open 8-5, it's a small town. Less than 5k people.
    They don't have ATMs ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They don't have ATMs ?
    She's had an ATM lose a check deposit before so she won't use them lol, and she doesn't trust banking apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Show me one forum over the last 15 years where people are not constantly trashing Blizzard for one thing or another. Looking through your past posts, you've done it as well. So are you being childish, or just frustrated?

- - - Updated - - -

Always a reference to current audience.
    Strawman. Anything I've ever said was legitimate criticism. I've never been a crybaby about a game release because I was upset about taking time off work. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Blizzard. This really isn't one of them in my eyes. Either people whine about the game being unfinished or they whine about the delay. There is no pleasing the entitled brats.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I didnt say it was over. I said the bulk of it is.
    Then you'd still be totally wrong. Current estimates are that only 12% of the US population has been exposed, well short of the 70% required for the virus to be contained.

- - - Updated - - -

She's had an ATM lose a check deposit before so she won't use them lol, and she doesn't trust banking apps.
    Ok - so it her choice to make it complicated... fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    When was the last time we had a pandemic? How many other games have delayed their games specifically because of covid? If you didn't think we were getting delayed, or at the very least the game would be released in a broken state you have had your head in the sand since February.
    Release dates announced before covid were delayed, not release announced 5 months after covid got serious.

Tbh, that's kind of silly. I've gotten in a car accident before but that didn't stop me from getting into cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    People need to remember that most work only because they have to. Taking time "off" to do what they actually enjoy....like videogames... should be NORMAL, not ridiculed.

This world is so backwards sometimes, I swear....
    Agreed. Your vacation, no matter what you do with it, is valid and necessary and YOURS. It doesn't matter if you go anywhere. I'm tired of people acting like you have to spend 5K on your vacation or go someplace wild for it to count or be "valid". So many times I get asked "Where'd you go on vacation!?" and I'm just like "what, bitch HOME. And I didn't leave once I got there. Straight into the anti-everyone else bunker."

Home is where the fuck I'm tryin' to be every day. I'm just trying to get back there, get my jammies on, free my boobs, and play some games or read some books. Being able to do that for a week is a week in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Release dates announced before covid were delayed, not release announced 5 months after covid got serious.
    Yes, but the last time something as significant as COVID crossed the world - people weren't developing computer software.

So they are pretty much guessing at how long things take now - and also the collaboration to stop mistakes in their tracks is somewhat limited.

Why do you care what the internet thinks about your choices about PTO?

It's not a big deal, if your boss/company is a dick, sure they can say no - you have to take it, oh well.

Work gives meaning to leisure, leisure gives meaning to work. No need to add complexity to your life, because of what a troll on the internet said.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Tbh, that's kind of silly. I've gotten in a car accident before but that didn't stop me from getting into cars.
    My mother is like 60 something, it's like arguing with a brick wall lol.

Here though banks are open til 7.

New expansion launches is the highlight of every year it happens to me.

I have been involved in the Warcraft universe since I was 8 years old. Now I am 37.

I have taken 1 week holyday so far this year and saving 1 for the launch. I have worked for my vacation and I use them how I please.

Most guys on my age take vacations to drink beer and get drunk and that seems totally reasonable suddenly. I don't care what people think.

I am upset yes. But at least it will prepatch when my vacation starts on the 27th.

Blizzard has only delayed one expansion before this so the likelihood of them delaying Shadowlands wad slim. So I took my chances and I would do so again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strawman. Anything I've ever said was legitimate criticism. I've never been a crybaby about a game release because I was upset about taking time off work. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Blizzard. This really isn't one of them in my eyes. Either people whine about the game being unfinished or they whine about the delay. There is no pleasing the entitled brats.
    Again, so why is your whining(sorry legitimate criticism) different than anyone else's?

NM man, I figured you out. You are just an unhappy person so you want to make others feel as bad as you do. Im going to go out on a limb and guess you are 40-50 age group. Makes perfect sense after reading your replies.
    It doesn't work friend, only you can change how you feel.
    Good luck with it though, genuinely feel bad for you. No one should have be feel bad all the time.
    @KrimzinOG