Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The hardest class for you?

I am a new player and I realize that I can get a good experience in the game by choosing the hardest class in the game. Tell me, what is the most difficult class for you?

I realize that I can get a good experience in the game by choosing the hardest class in the game. Tell me, what is the most difficult class for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this kind of debate is allowed here.

I am terrible at mage but I never really cared to learn so there's why.

I'm terrible at cat and rogue, just because I really DISLIKE energy. Going to play resto druid in SL - who HAS TO catweave - lucky me, energy is not a problem for resto druids.

In order of difficulty from hardest to easiest of the hard specs.

Demo lock. Affliction lock. Feral druid. Survival hunter. Sub rogue. WW monk.

These are the hard specs. Everything else is kinda equal in terms of difficulty, with minor differences.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-10-08 at 04:51 PM.

Rogue levelling is just terrible. None of the buttons seem to do any actual damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mage, just for some reason can not get the rotation down.......

Unholy - I feel like you need a spreadhseet to keep track of everything.

Aff - It's so visually underwhelming that I simply get bored casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavemgi View Post
    I am a new player and I realize that I can get a good experience in the game by choosing the hardest class in the game. Tell me, what is the most difficult class for you?
    Learn to master feral druid. You might also want to take advanced calculus ahead of time.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage or monk, just not terribly fond of either class, so I don't try to learn mechanics.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

If you learn to somehow be a more than average feral druid there is no harder class in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    If you learn to somehow be a more than average feral druid there is no harder class in the game
    Demo lock. It's literally unplayable without weak auras. There is no way a normal human can keep track of imp durations and their numbers, in the fast pace of raids and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Rogue levelling is just terrible. None of the buttons seem to do any actual damage.
    That's because the class is weak as hell and squishy to boot. God rogue leveling is the worst, hands down definitely the most terrible class to level among melee. Slow to level if done right, high mortality rate and given how hard it gets hit, the abilities feel like I'm hitting my enemies with wet noodles. Stun lock don't do shit in mobs. Can't sap multiple targets. Once vial is on cooldown, nothing to do but sprint like a bitch and hope you don't have dots on you that'll break Vanish, otherwise you just get beat down like a chump.

On topic, no class is challenging if you play long enough, but like @The Butt Witch said, Affliction Warlock, Feral Druid, and WW Monk take some actual skill. Survival Hunter I play so much, the rotation comes as second nature but I agree with the overall thought.

WW Monk is quite challenging to play well. Decent amount of abilities, various different cooldowns, interactions between abilities that aren't that intuitive, some slightly buggy abilities, ... also generally (when looking at past performances during various content patches) far from one of the top melee specs so if you want to perform well with them you are forced to play slightly better than you'd have to play with some other classes to achieve the same.

I also find "pet" classes to be generally a bit more difficult to play since you have to take at least some care of a 2nd character, which, at least for me, is more difficult than just keeping an eye on one character
    But most stuff in WoW is "easy to learn, hard to master", so it depends on what level you want to play your class at. If your goal is to perform at the very top, you will find that most classes/specs are challenging to play optimally in different encounters. If your goal is to just be "average", nothing is hard.

I personnally had a lot of difficulties running UH DK but that's me.

unholy dk, sub rogue, feral druid, survival hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Lavemgi View Post
    don't play gladiator lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    hopefully it gets better, just hit 42 and damage is still trash.

Probably warlock. Too many buttons. Them soloing current raids was/is crazzyyyy