Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    That isn't really helpful for new low-level players who don't know about the tram and have no way to get to Darnassas/Exodar.
    wait, your statement is: ban some players because others can not read a handbook, ask players or read the internet ? ok.

We honestly didn't know about special RP-server PvP rules, if this is even official. That is why we were all so shocked. The Trade District fight maybe lasted for 30 minutes. Our main objective was to sheep an Alliance player, and "take him hostage" with Mind Control.

The true challenge was the time spent in the keep, and coordinating 25 people to stand on the right tiles. Actually, a druid ran in several times and typhooned us out of position, so he was disrupting our role play I guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They got banned cause its an Rp realm and stormwind is an RP hub, and messing with Rpers there for 2 hours is Rp disruption, against the rules of Rp servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly the old Customer service forums are gone which had tons of ToS stuff but here is the quote from it.
    Nobody Roleplays in Trade District/Stormwind Keep.

That being said we don't really know what they did beyond what people have said/OP has said.

RP disruption rarely results in a ban, speaking from experience. Wouldn't surprise me if there is more to the ban than we've seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    We honestly didn't know about special RP-server PvP rules, if this is even official. That is why we were all so shocked. The Trade District fight maybe lasted for 30 minutes. Our main objective was to sheep an Alliance player, and "take him hostage" with Mind Control.

The true challenge was the time spent in the keep, and coordinating 25 people to stand on the right tiles. Actually, a druid ran in several times and typhooned us out of position, so he was disrupting our role play I guess?
    You said earlier "1 to 2 hours"

Far from 30 minutes.

But yes Rp realms messing with events, or RP hubs (Stormwind/org) for exessive amounts of time is bannable.

People are trying to RP, they are paying to RP, they are paying to have a place to become immersed with their fellow players, and the biggest thing to ruin that is have chat filled with thousands of yells and emotes and "x IS UNDER ATTACK" and have players randomly killed off while horde swarm around them.

If you wanna mess with stuff, do it in non-rp hubs, like boralus is fine, as are other major cities, but those are usually dead so...

But stormwind and orgrimar are RP hubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They got banned cause its an Rp realm and stormwind is an RP hub, and messing with Rpers there for 2 hours is Rp disruption, against the rules of Rp servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly the old Customer service forums are gone which had tons of ToS stuff but here is the quote from it.

But yes rp realms have tons of extra rules.
    ehm, this quote states nothing about the actual topic. wether it states something nor is this a part of a contract between the customer and the company that has any meaning in given laws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Nobody Roleplays in Trade District/Stormwind Keep.

That being said we don't really know what they did beyond what people have said/OP has said.

RP disruption rarely results in a bad, speaking from experience. Wouldn't surprise me if there is more to the ban than we've seen.
    Trade district sure, but Stormwind keep a lot of people Rp there, i know on MG they have a weekly meeting there with like 40 people.

And it still disrupts the general area.

And true, it does rarely result in a ban if its 1 person doing it for like 10 minutes.

But an entire guild doing it for 1-2 hours like OP says...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ehm, this quote states nothing about the actual topic. wether it states something nor is this a part of a contract between the customer and the company that has any meaning in given laws.

literally right there mate... maybe read a bit?
    If someone is disrupting RP, you report it.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, i quoted you before you added the second screenshot.

anyway: its all about naming in RP. i see no evidence, valid in actual law, that states clearly in your screenshots, that raiding or camping a city on a RP server, also when made possible by design in said product/game, is disallowed and leads to consequences.

or am i blind ?

Post from 2016... 2 years before WM was even introduced... that was more likely only about RP servers (excluding RP-PvP).

Nothing about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Oh bollox with that, there's another AH in SW, they could have gone there, but oohhhh no, that's waaay to inconvenient, isn't it?
    Most hordies don't even know that. Whenever some rogue does their Legion quest and kills all my auctioneers I just /shrug and move to the other one. Never seen the second AH camped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    sorry, i quoted you before you added the second screenshot.

anyway: its all about naming in RP. i see no evidence, valid in actual law, that states clearly in your screenshots, that raiding or camping a city on a RP server, possible by design in said product/game, is disallowed and leads to consequences.

Again.
    its right there
    do i need to post it a fourth time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Post from 2016... 2 years before WM was even introduced... that was more likely only about RP servers (excluding RP-PvP).

Nothing about PvP.
    The question was about RP realms altogether, PVP or not.

The question was about RP realms altogether, PVP or not.
    That is great... but now link the new (i mean post 8.0.1) rules about RP servers and PvP on them.
    Anyway...
    i am really curious what will be the outcome of this situation and if it was autoban...
    if not and he will remain suspended...
    this game is in really sad state...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-10-05 at 04:32 PM.

Trade district sure, but Stormwind keep a lot of people Rp there, i know on MG they have a weekly meeting there with like 40 people.

And it still disrupts the general area.

And true, it does rarely result in a ban if its 1 person doing it for like 10 minutes.

But an entire guild doing it for 1-2 hours like OP says...

- - - Updated - - -

literally right there mate... maybe read a bit?
    If someone is disrupting RP, you report it.
    no offense here, but DID you read your quoted text and did you get what is standing there exactly in terms of given laws ? besides the fact that this is a blue post and not a TOS.

side note: you can not make a customer responsible for not reading some shitty forum post. the customer accepts a TOS or any form of license or user agreement. if it not states there, what is allowed and what not, its blizzards problem. not the customer ones.

if i where the OP made the video (and if this really is the whole story) i would use my lawyer to get pay back for banned days where he can not using the product he paid for, because he was banned without hurting any law or rule in a contract.

since Blizz have a giant rights and law team, i assume they already analyzed that before doing a ban. because they know same well as me. so i assume OPs story is not the whole story.

anyway, as long as you did nothing explicitly against the TOS, there is no legal way to ban you. ofc they can ban you, it is their product. but then they have to pay back you the money worth the days you was banned. standard western civ law. nothimg special here.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is great... but now link the rules about new (i mean post 8.0.1) rules about RP servers and PvP on them.
    Anyway...
    i am really curious what will be the outcome of this situation and if it was autoban...
    if not and he will remain suspended...
    this game is in really sad state...
    "NEW" rules.

I guess i can call people the gamer word in chat, because that rule hasent changed since mop.
    and if it doesent update every single expansion its no longer a rule i guess!!!!

Also they got a 3 day ban get ahold of yourself.

Oh I get it. An entire faction camped a city and people are saying there is nothing wrong with that. Got it! #cough ToS
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Hi all,

Check out our latest video "The Fall of Stormwind":

However, this resulted in a three days ban for all Abominations that participated. We are speechless to be honest. All we did was RP WPvP event on a RP server.
    Seems like bullshit that this'd result in any ban, but i'm no RP'er.
    Maybe you're not telling is something, or maybe they're just being dicks for no reason.

"NEW" rules.

I guess i can call people the gamer word in chat, because that rule hasent changed since mop.
    and if it doesent update every single expansion its no longer a rule i guess!!!!

Also they got a 3 day ban get ahold of yourself.
    I had to google what bolded part even means... but anyway...
    Server types had massive 'rework' at 8.0.1 and chat did not change probably since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Oh I get it. An entire faction camped a city and people are saying there is nothing wrong with that. Got it! #cough ToS
    Yeah... that is exactly what we see in the video.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-10-05 at 04:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's simply not true. They don't have to reimburse you at all for what they view as a breach of the terms of use.

If you could legally prove that wasn't the case, you'd then still have to find a way around the "Blizzard reserves the right to revoke access to your account at any time, for any reason, with or without your permission" that is undoubtedly WRITTEN in the terms of use and licensing agreement - Because Blizzard literally doesn't have to allow anyone access to their servers, which is what you pay for when you pay your sub fee.

So no. You would absolutely not get back pay for the few days you couldn't play. Nevermind how much it would cost you to get back, what... 3 days of game time, $15 a month, 30 days average in a month... $1.50? I'm sure your lawyer will advise you how great an idea this is.
    I hate to say it but yeah, Fleugen is 100% right.

You could have bought a year of time and get banned, and blizz does not legally need to pay you back, of course blizz has shown in the past they will refund all but the current month, as they are kind about that. but yeah you would have no legal ground to your money.

And yeah, blizz holds the right to literally ban you for any reason, you are renting the account, you own nothing.

If blizz really wanted they could ban every single player tomorow with no legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    This isn't about engaging in PvP. It's about disrupting gameplay.
    Turn off warmode then and nobody will disrupt your gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had to google what bolded part even means... but anyway...
    Server types had massive 'rework' at 8.0.1 and chat did not change probably since Vanilla.
    Server types did not have a massive rework.

RP servers existed before 8.0.1 and they exist after.

This rule applies to RP, and RP-PVP rules, and since Rp-pvp servers became RP servers, it changes nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Turn off warmode then and nobody will disrupt your gameplay.
    Stormwind is not warmode locked.

Warmode or not you see/can get disrupted by players with warmode on.