Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    yes thats pretty self explanatory and not really what i am talking about mate

DOS2 didnt have dice rolls for combat(in the dnd sense) they just had a standard 95% chance to hit.

I am talking actual d20 dices rolling in the combat log to see if you score hits or critical hits
    I suppose I can't appreciate the difference between a machine doing a d20 roll or a d100 roll. Same for crit rolling, etc. A statistical chance is a statistical chance. If I have an 80% chance of success, doesn't matter whether that's 80/100 or 16/20. Doesn't matter if my success says "success!" or "success (14roll+6hit was better than target's AC of 12)!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    yes thats pretty self explanatory and not really what i am talking about mate

DOS2 didnt have dice rolls for combat(in the dnd sense) they just had a standard 95% chance to hit.

I am talking actual d20 dices rolling in the combat log to see if you score hits or critical hits
    Pretty much every modern isometric RPG has these in the logs, no reason for BG3 to not have it, especially if entire system is based on rolls.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    oh that's a fat rip, ohh well, good for ppl that like that type of genre I suppose!
    lol yes, there are plenty ARPGs let us have this one, lol.

Ah turn-based, the sweetest of the traditional gameplay styles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wasteland 3 has been scratching this itch, but man... I can only get so erect. I need this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Wasteland 3 has been scratching this itch, but man... I can only get so erect. I need this game.
    I'm honestly more hyped for this game than for CP2077. BG 1 was my entry into cRPG's. I still remember that day when I came back from school and saw that 5 CD's box on the computer desk. I fired up the game, and shit was magic!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-10-02 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I suppose I can't appreciate the difference between a machine doing a d20 roll or a d100 roll. Same for crit rolling, etc. A statistical chance is a statistical chance. If I have an 80% chance of success, doesn't matter whether that's 80/100 or 16/20. Doesn't matter if my success says "success!" or "success (14roll+6hit was better than target's AC of 12)!"
    The difference is that a d20 roll is one of the core aspects of D&D. You roll a d20, you add your + hit and you gake it up against the opponents AC.
    These things matter to D&D players. Its the fact that you can see the rolls happening. Thats exciting to some of us

Just to calrify for the other posters, i wasnt expecting an actual dice to roll on the screen. As long as its done behind the scenes and i have access to the rolls in the combat log thats fine.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Looks awesome! Much more detail than I was expecting... and this image....

means I can finally have a eleven looking char who can have a beard.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Looks awesome! Much more detail than I was expecting... and this image....

means I can finally have a eleven looking char who can have a beard.
    Thats Githyanki, the gypsys of the planes.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Thats Githyanki, the gypsys of the planes.
    Yes, I know. I said....looks like a elf with a beard.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    they had me at this image...

My Dwarf is so close to perfection... I get the feeling this character creation will kill me :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-10-04 at 02:48 PM.

I had hopes for a Githzerai subrace but it looks like that won't happen, probably for story reasons.

Still really hyped, just 2 more days until EA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I had hopes for a Githzerai subrace but it looks like that won't happen, probably for story reasons.

Still really hyped, just 2 more days until EA.
    Guess it would be to similar to Githyanki. Players could be easily confuzzled. Also, didn't they basically give up on pursuing Mind Flayers and are just doing their own thing?

From what I remember they hate mind flayers just as much as the githyanki but since githzerai and githyanki are enemies it would probably make storytelling with githyanki as a main faction a bit difficult, adding a lot of extra permutations to character interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    they had me at this image...

My Dwarf is so close to perfection... I get the feeling this character creation will kill me :P
    Looks like he has a toupee slightly coming off his head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Looks like he has a toupee slightly coming off his head
    That top bit is pretty weird. Well plenty of time to change when they enter beta/early access

Is there going to be an EA stream showing BG3 soon?

Oooooh, nvm. By EA you guys mean Early Access. lol
    Last edited by Tiev; 2020-10-05 at 04:15 PM.

150 GB HD Space.

Holy mother of god :O and thats for EA! (or it won't actually be, and that might just be an estimation for the full game instead, when it eventually goes out of EA and i am just stupid)

Steam shows.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2020-10-05 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    150 GB HD Space.

Holy mother of god :O and thats for EA! (or it won't actually be, and that might just be an estimation for the full game instead, when it eventually goes out of EA and i am just stupid)

Steam shows.
    Seems like that might be just some generic text and not actual download size. I can't imagine EA is that large when you compare it to something like swtor and all the dialog options that were in that game and I don't think it's currently 150G.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Seems like that might be just some generic text and not actual download size. I can't imagine EA is that large when you compare it to something like swtor and all the dialog options that were in that game and I don't think it's currently 150G.
    Yeah i would assume the same. Maybe just PH Space for the full eventual game.