10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Lulu got a ps5 test console so probably see more tonight
    What on earth is this.... lol

OT:
    Still having a super hard time deciding between PS or Xbox. Haven't had a console since PS2 era so extra though. I feel like performance wise and having an OLED the Xbox will do better, but Ratchet and Spiderman exclusives are so tempting ...
    -K

if you already have a good computer, you can get the xbox game pass on the PC for most games and a PS5 for it's exclusives, best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    if you already have a good computer, you can get the xbox game pass on the PC for most games and a PS5 for it's exclusives, best of both worlds
    But a good computer costs a helluva lot more than an Xbox, saying that as a PC gamer. A Series S with Gamepass is pretty incredible value if you don't mind missing out on said exclusives and have a tigher gaming budget. I think we (me included in this) underestimated Microsoft somewhat this gen by assuming them having poorer exclusives would mean they get crushed. Focusing on bang for your buck and cloud gaming might help them a whole lot when it comes to sales even if exclusives like Halo turn out to be bad.

Still, I'd be shocked if Playstation doesn't do better, what with their insane exclusive lineup. But Xbox probably won't do bad, is all I'm saying.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

they are not focused on the console itself, and plenty of people would take the pass and not play that much, and still costing them more than a couple game full price down the line.
    while sony need the console to sell because they don't like to share too much, and even the psnow is kinda limited

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Still having a super hard time deciding between PS or Xbox. Haven't had a console since PS2 era so extra though. I feel like performance wise and having an OLED the Xbox will do better, but Ratchet and Spiderman exclusives are so tempting ...
    If u got a gaming PC just get Game Pass.

The performance difference between the PS5 and XSX will likely be small.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    What on earth is this.... lol

OT:
    I'm a big xbox fan, but if you have a PC, I see no reason to get one. The game pass is such a bargain

I've just kinda forgotten about it for now. Will just pay my pre-order amount once Currys gets in touch. Will probs get Miles Morales on launch and then start ploughing through the backcatalog of PS4 Pro 'enhanced' games I've been shelving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now we know they could just release black panels for an all black consoles instead having to buying a new one

How big is your new console?

About half a Japanese man.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats how i like them

Thick ass fan and massive heatsink. People can meme about size all they want but that system is gonna be quiet AF and that matters more then what it looks like.

The ps5 has liquid metal in it. Does anyone know how that works? Will it dry out after a couple years or congeal?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The ps5 has liquid metal in it. Does anyone know how that works? Will it dry out after a couple years or congeal?
    I'm poking around and it doesn't seem so? Everything I'm reading about it has two bigger risks - spilling it anywhere (since it's conductive) which is bad, and if it's in contact with aluminum (or to a lesser extent copper) which will ruin everything.

Other than that not seeing any reports of it drying/congealing anywhere. So as long as Sony isn't slapping that on some aluminum, which I doubt they are, or fucking up in manufacturing, it seems like it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Liquid metal can "dry out" if its up against a copper heat sink. It actually gets absorbed by copper. If the heatsink is aluminum, it will actually form an alloy that will eat into the aluminum.

Nickle is fine and is more or less non-reactive to gallium.

Sony knows this, so it should not be a problem.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/pl...metal-tim.html

Haven't watched the video but looking at some of these pictures...damn, like 60% of the damned console seems to be heat sink/fans >.>

Hopefully should keep noise levels down, but I'm wondering if this means it's going to turn into a mini-radiator or if the ability to shed so much heat so quickly will stop it from getting that hot to begin with.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    How big is your new console?

About half a Japanese man.
    Which is about half a Caucasian man or 1/3 of an African American ^_^

Can it only be placed upright, not on the side? If so, I guess I'll need to get a new TV stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Can it only be placed upright, not on the side? If so, I guess I'll need to get a new TV stand...
    It can go either way. There's some sort of mount that's screwed into the vertical base, but you can move that mount to the side and attach it there if you want to have it rest horizontally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It can go either way. There's some sort of mount that's screwed into the vertical base, but you can move that mount to the side and attach it there if you want to have it rest horizontally.
    Ah, thanks. I guess I can keep my current stand, then!

I've seen reports online of loud PS4 Pros due to poorly distributed TIM. Liquid metal is conductive and in my experience very thin at the correct application temperatures. It would not surprise me to find that this new liquid metal TIM was more evenly distributed on average vs the old thermal paste(I assume what they used before). That would be nice.

I loved the removable sides. That reminds me of my favorite feature on the PS4 Pro, the removable lid. So easy to maintain the system. Also, I'd like to see some stylized or customized replacement lids on the market.

By far my favorite feature are the dust vacuum holes, lol. After seeing this huge enclosure and really what I would consider well thought out cooling solution, and thoughts towards dust management, I'm very happy with this. It feels like a very intelligent design. The two biggest enemies of all electronics are heat and dust. The build quality also looked great and the expansion slot looks deep.

I don't know why I'm a little hyped over this, but it just felt like this is exactly how I would design the console myself, lol.

I guess I'm going to have to own my gaming PC, PS5(already preordered) and eventually XSX. Some mentioned that the XSX is unnecessary if you own a PC. However, I try to play a lot with my younger brother. He doesn't have a gaming PC, and playing XSX console exclusives on PC without him would not be quite as fun, so eventually I'll probably pick one of those up too.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-07 at 06:54 PM.