Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    [..]
    Consider the possibility that you are at fault. You barge in confident that you know an easy solution and everyone else is stupid.
    I've talked to 2 GMs who couldn't help (yet?) and it appears this is just bogus behavior that is unintended by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Sure, she's on top. How can you go on top without pathfinder?
    Easiest way would be to find someone with Pathfinder to give you a lift. Do you play on US? If so, I can give you a lift myself. Alternatively, you could try using gliders from Dalaran or the peak of Highmountain.

Edit: If you're having trouble with a glider, try using Emerald Winds in conjunction to maintain altitude pretty much indefinitely.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2020-10-08 at 05:26 AM.

Before trying to help the EXTREMELY RUDE op, read the comments. He accepted a summons to a 5man dungeon while in the middle of a phased questline. This is, without a shadow of doubt, what caused the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Before trying to help the EXTREMELY RUDE op, read the comments. He accepted a summons to a 5man dungeon while in the middle of a phased questline. This is, without a shadow of doubt, what caused the issue.
    I read the whole thing. He's insisting the npc is in a building which I'm saying is either incorrect or bugged. If it's bugged you are correct it's due to the fact that they got summoned while in or heading to the next part. More than likely they're also phrasing it incorrectly to the GMs but then again GMs are pretty bad. Regardless the OP is asking a question that if they simply read or watched a video they'd realize that they're either bugged or looking incorrectly.

Edit: They aren't bugged and it has very little to do with the summon except that they don't have pathfinder or whatever the legion version is. The npc is exactly where they are supposed to be and they're being obstinate about it being inside when they're on the balcony/terrace like they should be and the GMs were 100% correct.

- - - Updated - - -

So no apology when I TOLD you she was on the terrace not inside....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Before trying to help the EXTREMELY RUDE
    Really? Someone went on a tantrum with multiple uses of the f word because his false information wasn't automatically accepted and I'm supposedly the rude one.
    I serve the truth and not your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Easiest way would be to find someone with Pathfinder to give you a lift. Do you play on US? If so, I can give you a lift myself. Alternatively, you could try using gliders from Dalaran or the peak of Highmountain.

Edit: If you're having trouble with a glider, try using Emerald Winds in conjunction to maintain altitude pretty much indefinitely.
    True. Though I'll just do parthfinder. I already had it half finished on the old main so I mainly need a revered reputation and some minor exploration (I keep changing mains every time I return).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They aren't bugged
    It's not technically bugged, but it's pretty "bogus" in terms of Blizzard's intentions when they design quests of that sort. They do not intend to force you to have an extremely complex achievement of a previous expansion and that's pretty much proven by the fact if you don't teleport out it's unneeded so no need to elaborate further.

lol what a shitshow op, you should take the log in screen advice and log out for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    lol what a shitshow op, you should take the log in screen advice and log out for a few hours.
    Are you talking to the mirror? Why did you post just to troll? You are off topic and completely unhelpful.

Stop acting like a flamboyant narcissist. I play this game hard-core since TBC.
    hard-core pathfinderless scrub
    Last edited by Raziel1258; 2020-10-08 at 07:07 AM.

Easier way to get on top without pathfinder is to wait for reset since you won't need pathfinder for Legion flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Easier way to get on top without pathfinder is to wait for reset since you won't need pathfinder for Legion flight.
    I knew that for Shadowlands. Are you saying it's with the prepatch too?

- - - Updated - - -

A GM found a better solution actually. He says there are Legion-type grappling hooks for the building (I never heard of that building being climbed). I'm so close to pathfinder though that I don't mind much.

Yeah what's so weird. Mythic mode obviously.
    What's so weird? I don't know the questline, so I guess the weirdest thing is that you don't know how to get to the dungeons in Suramar. There are only two, the Arcway and Court of Stars. If the questline ports you to one of those dungeons, then you can probably go in there through the normal entrance and be in a phased version for the questline.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said PEOPLE summoned me with a stone to a 5man to do a mythic. I'm a bit confused why people are confused that that concept exists. Anyway by moving out of there I can't seem to let that NPC progress the questline (if I speak to her in another zone he doesn't open a portal that the quest requires and just stands there (and it's clearly bugged since in another zone she "speaks" like she is in the questline normally and gives the quest)).
    Why did people summon you to the dungeon? You never said that people summoned you there, only that you got summoned there, which of course makes people think it's a part of the questline.

As I said PEOPLE summoned me with a stone to a 5man to do a mythic. I'm a bit confused why people are confused that that concept exists.
    Piece of Advice:
    Dont leave Quest Areas that you are not sure you can (easily) return to.

As you have been told Repeadetly:
    You can use a Glider, or a Toy from Legion to get back to the Quest NPC
    You can fly there yourself, if you get the Pathfinder.
    You can ask a Friend (or stranger) to fly you there.
    You can use the Grappling Hook points that are basically all over the place.

But, its better to finish Quests before leaving special Quest areas.

Sorry if I'll offend you but you have a serious issue with basic understanding and I believe overconfidence is the problem (i.e. you assume everyone is stupid apart from you).
    You're projecting. It's you who's doing that.

If several people in this thread misunderstand you, the problem is you.

So you got summoned to a dungeon while you were on some instanced questline. If you now need pathfinder to get up to where you need to go, I guess you either need to get pathfinder, or wait til next week.

And whatever the questline gives is probably irrelevant anyway, because all the profession questlines give crappy rewards.

Really? Someone went on a tantrum with multiple uses of the f word because his false information wasn't automatically accepted and I'm supposedly the rude one.
    I serve the truth and not your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Though I'll just do parthfinder. I already had it half finished on the old main so I mainly need a revered reputation and some minor exploration (I keep changing mains every time I return).

- - - Updated - - -

It's not technically bugged, but it's pretty "bogus" in terms of Blizzard's intentions when they design quests of that sort. They do not intend to force you to have an extremely complex achievement of a previous expansion and that's pretty much proven by the fact if you don't teleport out it's unneeded so no need to elaborate further.
    It's not that much of a leap for them to assume you've done old content when you're doing a pretty optional side quest for a profession. Much less like others have said there are still ways like get a person to fly or summon you up like they did with things this expansion. Is it a little shitty that they did it? Eh sure. Did they do it intentionally? Probably not. Is it something to get the pitchforks out about? Definitely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    You're projecting. It's you who's doing that.

If several people in this thread misunderstand you, the problem is you.

So you got summoned to a dungeon while you were on some instanced questline. If you now need pathfinder to get up to where you need to go, I guess you either need to get pathfinder, or wait til next week.

And whatever the questline gives is probably irrelevant anyway, because all the profession questlines give crappy rewards.
    It's meh unless you're a collector. It gives you the ability to make an item which then allows you to close time rifts which grant an item that gives cloth from other expansions and can spawn a trader that sells old sets patterns like felcloth gloves.

Consider the possibility that you are at fault. You barge in confident that you know an easy solution and everyone else is stupid.
    I've talked to 2 GMs who couldn't help (yet?) and it appears this is just bogus behavior that is unintended by Blizzard.
    If 2 GMs couldn't help you, then how could we?

- - - Updated - - -

It's meh unless you're a collector. It gives you the ability to make an item which then allows you to close time rifts which grant an item that gives cloth from other expansions and can spawn a trader that sells old sets patterns like felcloth gloves.
    Well that sounds more interesting than any of the others I've gotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that sounds more interesting than any of the others I've gotten.
    In the OPs defense that they really don't deserve, GMs are pretty bad. Granted they were all correct and probably confused like "Ummm it's in Suramar what's the problem" but generally GMs are pretty bad.

In regards to the reward, if you've played long enough you probably have most of the patterns, but the vendor itself isn't guaranteed so you burn mats to get a mixed bag of old tailoring supplies which can be ok since you can get cooldown related ones, but generally speaking it's more of a hassle than it's worth.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2020-10-09 at 12:37 AM.

Have you considered the possibility that you don't know everything?
    In the OPs defense that they really don't deserve, GMs are pretty bad.
    In OP's defense you are wrong: A 3rd GM eventually suggested that building even has grappling hook support that nobody here knew about.

Anyway that quest isn't technically bugged but it's obviously violating intended behavior for players without an old pathfinder : the end.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-10-09 at 02:00 AM.

How is that even a response to my question? You said 2 GMs couldn't even help you, and I asked, then what help do you expect from us? How is pointing out that I don't know everything helping your case? Then why are you here? Clearly that 3rd GM is of better help to you, so why are you here? You clearly have huge attitude problems.

- - - Updated - - -

In the OPs defense that they really don't deserve, GMs are pretty bad. Granted they were all correct and probably confused like "Ummm it's in Suramar what's the problem" but generally GMs are pretty bad.

In regards to the reward, if you've played long enough you probably have most of the patterns, but the vendor itself isn't guaranteed so you burn mats to get a mixed bag of old tailoring supplies which can be ok since you can get cooldown related ones, but generally speaking it's more of a hassle than it's worth.
    So are GMs better or worse than us? Because if GMs are so bad, he spends an awful lot time in here insulting us for not even understanding what he wants.

he spends an awful lot time in here insulting us
    Your feelings being hurt is your fault. The questline is clearly misdesigned because they require LEGION pathfinder (or very obscure platforming skills) to continue a questline that is given to new players of BfA. Personally attacking me (someone even with the f word multiple times) because your "but it's so easy" answer is wrong is not my responsibility.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-10-09 at 11:07 AM.

In OP's defense you are wrong: A 3rd GM eventually suggested that building even has grappling hook support that nobody here knew about.

Anyway that quest isn't technically bugged but it's obviously violating intended behavior for players without an old pathfinder : the end.
    If you can get to the building using grappling hooks then it's actually working as intended. Also, you only need pathfinder because you didn't do the quest properly, you did get a portal to where she is like everyone else. Lastly, everyone's getting pathfinder on tuesday.
    “When I became a man I put away childish things,
    including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”