Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not really. There area a handful of high level mobs you might stumble into or elite dailies, both of which aren't actually more mechanically challenging, they just have higher numbers so it takes longer to kill them and you have to heal more.

Once you hit level 20, the mobs in the world scale up a little bit but not a lot. You'll just need to eat food more often.
    There was a miniboss that I did for a questline in Liyue right after I leveled up to world level 4, and it was one-shotting one. It was one of those floaty robot dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    But now you blew your load and are going to take forever to get new characters. Plus if nobody spends money the game dies.

Nope. They are just for the traveler. They get so many of them because you need to unlock the skills in each elemental constellation individually. I put one into Geo for the aoe meteor explosion but I'm probably going to save the rest for when the next element comes out since geo traveler is worthless except for puzzles.
    Well there is a much better way to play this game (without spending money). Once you are done, just make a new account and play with new character that free rng gives you out.

You get enogh materials for 5 characters to hit lvl 60 (with all upgrades + 60 weapons) and all relics at least 12+ each.

If you go by dailys and other stuff that you are limited, well they got your into a trap. I can see people multiboxing this game in future.

And i will give also a warning here:
    If you have addiction to gambling, you should not touch this game.

Not really. There area a handful of high level mobs you might stumble into or elite dailies, both of which aren't actually more mechanically challenging, they just have higher numbers so it takes longer to kill them and you have to heal more.

Once you hit level 20, the mobs in the world scale up a little bit but not a lot. You'll just need to eat food more often.
    the difficulty is in Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I've been trying this game for a while, up to rank 16 atm, and my main question is, does the game ever get harder? Not once has my HP come close to 0.
    You have to go looking for the harder fights. I took on one of the cube bosses that was level 32 when I was AR 13 and my main was lvl 20. It was fun, had a lot of mechanics, and was dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I've been trying this game for a while, up to rank 16 atm, and my main question is, does the game ever get harder? Not once has my HP come close to 0.
    Yes and no. The core game play doesn't really change, but later on the mobs scale up and take longer to kill and require appropriate usage of the elemental interactions to take down efficiently. Also, different encounters in the world might throw a combination of enemies that are somewhat difficult to handle, with abilities that stack effectively and make it difficult to get attacks in without getting juggled to death.

But if you're patient and use your characters and abilities effectively, the game doesn't ever get "harder" it just gets a bit more annoying.

However, if you don't level up and gear your characters effectively, yes the game can be "hard" because you're simply not equipped to take down some enemies or encounters, but that's true in any game where there are stats and you don't measure up to the enemies you're fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well there is a much better way to play this game (without spending money). Once you are done, just make a new account and play with new character that free rng gives you out.

You get enogh materials for 5 characters to hit lvl 60 (with all upgrades + 60 weapons) and all relics at least 12+ each.

If you go by dailys and other stuff that you are limited, well they got your into a trap. I can see people multiboxing this game in future.

And i will give also a warning here:
    If you have addiction to gambling, you should not touch this game.
    Right now it might be a good idea to make a bunch of accounts and reroll until you get Jean/Diluc or a full constellation for X if you're F2P but I dont see how multiboxing/multiple accounts will be a good idea in the future when theres 7 plus zones of content, you can't trade anything, and resin exists. It's only going to lead to burnout and any new account is going to be severely behind your original account who might not have a team full of the new cool heroes but likely at that point will have several full constellation heroes esp if you use your pulls on banners for specific heroes you have and wanna boost.

I do agree on the addiction thing tho. Luckily I got some great waifus and am content so I don't "need" Jean and Diluc.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-10-13 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes and no. The core game play doesn't really change, but later on the mobs scale up and take longer to kill and require appropriate usage of the elemental interactions to take down efficiently. Also, different encounters in the world might throw a combination of enemies that are somewhat difficult to handle, with abilities that stack effectively and make it difficult to get attacks in without getting juggled to death.

But if you're patient and use your characters and abilities effectively, the game doesn't ever get "harder" it just gets a bit more annoying.

However, if you don't level up and gear your characters effectively, yes the game can be "hard" because you're simply not equipped to take down some enemies or encounters, but that's true in any game where there are stats and you don't measure up to the enemies you're fighting.
    Cyro Abyss Mages are probaly the worst mobs to deal with.
    Also for some stupid reason you cant snipe Mitachurls mobs as everything gets absorbed by shield. Yeh you can dash behind them and get some hits, but thats it.

Would you realy spend that much money for this shit?
    Let's compare Genshin rates to GBF.

Granblue Fantasy

• 412.5 Euros = 483.52 USD
    • 483.52 USD = 51,025.87 Japanese Yen
    • 51,030 Japanese yen = 48,600 moba coin
    • 1 draw in GBF costs 300 mobacoin, and a 10 draw costs 3000 mobacoin.
    • 48600/3000 = 16.6, or 16 ten-draws and 2 draws, or 162 draws.

Towards of the end of a month, there is a Premium Gala/Legfest event that lasts for 4 days, where SSR rates are doubled from 3% to 6%. With 162 draws, you are likely to draw 9-10 SSR tier characters. You are also guaranteed at least 1 SR or SSR for every 10 draw, so that's about 18-20 SR to SRR tier characters, not counting rare characters or the plethora of weapons and summons you will get.

Furthermore, you get 1 Cerulean Spark for every draw, and at 300 sparks you can buy any character you want in the game.

Another thing: each character comes with a weapon, so you have at least 18-20 SR or SRR weapons (statistically speaking you will probably have 30-40).

You cannot draw duplicate characters. Granblue Fantasy has hundreds of characters, possibly over a thousand (I'm not counting). The mats you need to fully upgrade your characters are very, very easy to acquire. You can outright buy most of them with non-premium currency for cheap.

Genshin Impact

The probability of getting a 5* in Genshin is 0.6%. Pity mechanic is that you will get Diluc or Jean after 90 pulls on the Standard Banner, and after 180 pulls you will have both of them.

There are 21 characters you can draw in Genshin Impact. You can draw duplicate characters.

You need to get a character at least 7 times to fully upgrade them.

In your report, you drew 17 characters, 7 of which were duplicates, so you functionally got 10 (Noelle was guaranteed, but let's disregard that).

TL;DR

The draw rates in Genshin are terrible. You will get duplicate characters (which pads out your chances of getting characters you don't have, and you also need A LOT of duplicate characters to fully upgrade your characters), you will get fewer characters than GBF, and you will get lower rarity characters. The only 5* characters you got were Jean and Venti, and they aren't even upgraded. In GBF, you would be swimming in more SSRs than you could possibly use and you will have all of your favorite characters fully upgraded.

In GBF, for the same amount of money, you get way more stuff (almost twice as many characters), more top quality stuff, and you are more likely to get the stuff you want. And you can easily upgrade your stuff to the max right away without being at the mercy of having to draw duplicate characters. You don't draw duplicates, so that means as you draw more characters, the chances of you getting the character you haven't drawn yet increases, plus after 300 draws you can just outright grab them (whereas Genshin's pity mechanic is restricted to a handful of characters per banner).

I know which one I'd drop $480 USD on.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-13 at 06:58 PM.

Nope. They are just for the traveler. They get so many of them because you need to unlock the skills in each elemental constellation individually. I put one into Geo for the aoe meteor explosion but I'm probably going to save the rest for when the next element comes out since geo traveler is worthless except for puzzles.
    the constellation vial you buy for the traveller are element locked, so the one from monstadt are for the anemo build, and the one from the chinese city are for the geo build. it's useless to "save them for the next element" because you'll surely have a new shop that'll sell the electro vial for our electro build.

by the way, anyone know where to get the last 2 vials for both elements ? I'm AR 33 and I don't know if we have them in the next AR levels rewards since we can only see a few ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    the constellation vial you buy for the traveller are element locked, so the one from monstadt are for the anemo build, and the one from the chinese city are for the geo build. it's useless to "save them for the next element" because you'll surely have a new shop that'll sell the electro vial for our electro build.
    Really? I coulda swore I used one from the Geo area on aero. Don't think I had an extra one and monstatdt doesn't sell enough for you to fully upgrade your wind constellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's aggressive. You get a lot for free but the gacha rates are poor and character progression is basically gated by an energy system that limits how much you can do per day unless you buy refreshes.

So, like, there's a ton of content there for f2p players, but getting new characters and leveling characters / gear will be slow if you aren't spending, and if you are spending it takes a lot of money to get meaningful results. What characters you get is also mostly a matter of luck, so you might never get your favorites.
    I disagree with this assessment. You can beat end game with free characters and spending money wont help to level characters / gear. Unless you mean resin, but really, you can only refill 5 times a day with money and at that point, it comes down to actually Wanting to spend that much time a day grinding away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I disagree with this assessment. You can beat end game with free characters and spending money wont help to level characters / gear.
    You need to draw duplicates to fully upgrade a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets hope they rumors abauth them giving some stuff back is true.

Im talking more ascension / level / talents. I haven't had enough luck to really mess with constellations.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    My jeans e hits for 2900 non crit. Noone can stop me

my main squad right now is Fishl, Xiangling and Barbara, not really sure who to use for the last spot.

Cyro Abyss Mages are probaly the worst mobs to deal with.
    Also for some stupid reason you cant snipe Mitachurls mobs as everything gets absorbed by shield. Yeh you can dash behind them and get some hits, but thats it.
    The most annoying fight I ever had was for a rune guarded precious chest and the 3 main enemies were a Frost, Hydro and Electro Abyss Mage...along with a few archers, all Cryo, in an area with a pool. I didn't know the mages were there until a few seconds into the fight. I had the "wet" status effect the entire time and before I knew wtf happened 2 of my characters (Fischl and Beidou) had been absolutely decimated because I got frozen and then blasted to death.

I ended up rezzing Beidou and taking out all the archers as quickly as I could by using her blocking move that gets it's damage increased based on how much you block and then just dodging and weaving the mages while pecking away at their health with Barbara to stay healed, using Xiangling to set them on fire and once i had rezzed Fischl too, sniping from a little ways away to keep from getting frozen by the Cryo mage.

the mobs I hate fighting the most are the Fatui guard packs when they have a Hydro and Cryo guard at the same time. The Electro guys are a beast, but easy, they just take a while to get down, for me anyway since my main DPS are Electro types.

But now you blew your load and are going to take forever to get new characters. Plus if nobody spends money the game dies.

The first two weeks they already got back their development budget of $100million in terms of revenue. I think they will be doing fine. They baited enough whales to pay for millions of free to play players.

you may have had that anemo one from the AR level up rewards, they give a few

anyway we need 6 of those, both elements, and I had like 2 anemo from story and 2 from the shop, and 4 geo from the shop

I'm AR 34 and the only real thing I can do now is look for chests while I wait for resin to refill. Statues are maxed, did the time trial and seelie achieves for both zones, and i don't have enough mats or money to upgrade my second team for the divergence spiral abyss. I'm only 2k xp away from AR 35 though so there's that.