Poll: Thoughts on pre-patch

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is it worth subbing for? Are you having fun? What’s the consensus and feedback so far?
    Its only worth a resub if you want to level new classes for Shadowlands. Otherwise just wait until a week before launch to prep your toons and do the event

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is probably just a pre-pre-patch to iron out any problems with skills removed skills embedded and addons etc. Still its a fun time to re-sub as the haloween event is also upon us.
    Eh? We all see the event how many times now? It was boring by the 5th time and it is now.. think most dont bother at all anymore with events that are repeated for the 10th or more time unless they add some new cosmetic we feel obligated to get..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you've not leveled something in a while or want to desperately mess around for 5 minutes changing cosmetics which you can do in the character creation screen I would say no, pre-patch event isn't available yet and people are already complaining about it in general chat. There's some weird bugs around such as the Barber Shop not working on some servers and the new questing system breaking or skipping parts atm so that's not exactly great either. I'd just wait.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    oh is it the end of rushing dungeons with the tank pulling all the mobs at once because "it must be fast!!!"
    if that's the case, well that's a very, very good news
    you enjoyed single pulling dungeons where there is literally zero damage on anyone just because?

Not picking too much of an argument but I'm curious to why you think that is fun? I thought people pulled big because tanks/healers want to actually use their mitigation/healing buttons and have some level of danger while giving the dps the change to see big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    oh is it the end of rushing dungeons with the tank pulling all the mobs at once because "it must be fast!!!"
    if that's the case, well that's a very, very good news
    nope dungeons still rushed since dps have very good dmg. its the scaling of dmg that mobs do on tank that is the problem .

as low level paladin i have flash heal , word of glory that i need to generate by hitting melee ability on cd , and 1 aoe every 60 seconds (from talent) and no new level spell untill like level 40 ? . fun like hell gameplay - actually playing this on playstation pad would be maaaaybe fun .

basicly its flash heal spam 95% of time only on tank which spikes like crazy also 95% of time .

my guess is classes are designed for SL content and nobody bothered to check how they play in low level dungeons on beta/ PTR.

gonna check few other specs since i plan to level them up but my guess all low level classes fell like shit because they have 2-3 buttons they press untill like level 40-50 and milion extra buttons that they never use
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-10-14 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Open world rare/elite mobs between 1-2M health pre patch which were trivial before patch.

Are now mobs I cannot kill at all, I've tried around 10 or so different ones in original BfA (8.0) content and on Mechagon island.

So far my experience with instanced and pre-legion legacy has been fine.

The issue seems to be poor scaling - my health pool was reduced by a factor of 26, my power by a factor of 21 - but the mob health by only a factor of 7.
    I've only attempted tideskipper for the druid glyph thus far, and it wasn't at max level, but I did notice that I seemed to struggle against it. I assumed my gear just wasn't up to snuff on my rogue. Came back with some CC and it went easier (defensives were still on cooldown from Attempt 1, so they weren't there for Attempt 2), but it was still close. If the scaling is even worse at max level, I can see that being quite frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Open world rare/elite mobs between 1-2M health pre patch which were trivial before patch.

Are now mobs I cannot kill at all, I've tried around 10 or so different ones in original BfA (8.0) content and on Mechagon island.

So far my experience with instanced and pre-legion legacy has been fine.

The issue seems to be poor scaling - my health pool was reduced by a factor of 26, my power by a factor of 21 - but the mob health by only a factor of 7.
    I just solo'd Rustfeather on Mechagon without much issue. It does take a bit longer now, I'd say about half-again the time it used to take - but he never did sufficient damage to me to bother even using Death Strike to supplement myself. Basically just took longer to kill. I was doing this as a Frost DK geared out for DPS.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nope dungeons still rushed since dps have very good dmg. its the scaling of dmg that mobs do on tank that is the problem .

as low level paladin i have flash heal , word of glory that i need to generate by hitting melee ability on cd , and 1 aoe every 60 seconds (from talent) and no new level spell untill like level 40 ? . fun like hell gameplay - actually playing this on playstation pad would be maaaaybe fun .

basicly its flash heal spam 95% of time only on tank which spikes like crazy also 95% of time .

my guess is classes are designed for SL content and nobody bothered to check how they play in low level dungeons on beta/ PTR.

gonna check few other specs since i plan to level them up but my guess all low level classes fell like shit because they have 2-3 buttons they press untill like level 40-50 and milion extra buttons that they never use
    You should have holy shock to generate HP as well. And getting into the middle of the fight is the Paladin shtick, it's even in their mastery (which we get at level 10 with our talent specialization choice.) The HP generated with CS is just more instant cast healing you can fling on the tank right quick. And you can pick up Holy Prism for more aoe healing. I'll try leveling a Holy Pally though. I need the Heritage armor for all the allied races anyways.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    You should have holy shock to generate HP as well. And getting into the middle of the fight is the Paladin shtick, it's even in their mastery (which we get at level 10 with our talent specialization choice.) The HP generated with CS is just more instant cast healing you can fling on the tank right quick. And you can pick up Holy Prism for more aoe healing. I'll try leveling a Holy Pally though. I need the Heritage armor for all the allied races anyways.
    kk im stupid - just noticed that they separated paladin / holy tabs oh well

Not a fan that Blizz nerfed WoD raid loot value. Pretty fast runs (15-25 minute depending on toon) that averaged roughly 2K gold and able to be done on 3 difficulties. Legion raids still are the same but the mobs aren’t 10 levels below you now so you have to pull every pack and the level difference means you can’t AoE them down as fast (especially with AoE cap which won’t be a problem at level 60). So characters that are below ilvl 100 take too long to make the time spent worth it.
    Other than that, no real complaints. The actual events haven’t started, but I’ve had a little fun at the barbershop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gained a useless ability and not sure why? (Corruption as destruction) , the new starter area is lovely, the character customisations are great.

The Skybox above icecrown looks less grand than the login screen.

That's about it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was doing this as a Frost DK geared out for DPS.
    If you are tanky, not squishy - then you may not have a problem. However - my guess for the ones I've been attempting is that IF I could survive it would around 6x longer to kill.

From trivial to impossible - this is not a subtle change for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

my fucking cursor doesn't even work properly

oh so the zombie attacks is not live yet? I was thinking it was gonna to start today as well.

This has got to be the most underwhelming pre patch to date. Literally nothing changed as far as classes go, usually there is something more than this.

I'll have fun leveling alts this weekend, though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If you are tanky, not squishy - then you may not have a problem. However - my guess for the ones I've been attempting is that IF I could survive it would around 6x longer to kill.

From trivial to impossible - this is not a subtle change for me.
    DK's are pretty tanky, so that may be it. I never really bothered with soloing mobs like that with my squishier alts, so perhaps I'll try it out with my Warlock (as insofar as I recall as I was able to do it with the pet tanking). We'll see how it goes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's a fucking disaster so far. A lot of bugs and technical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    We'll see how it goes.
    Will be hard to tell if you were not doing it before, however I'd been farming paragon chests via WQs, and Mechagon rares for drops for the last 3 or 4 months. I'd got it all down pat.

I was aware of this issue as I tested it on PTR, so I did some direct before/after checks - by removing my corruption via MOTHER before patch.

The experience is jarring going from trivial to impossible, but is reflected in the numbers (my health down by a factor of 26, my spell power down by a factor of 21 and the mob down by only a factor of 7).

Sample:

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I started a new priest, I have more abilities at level 20 then some classes have at 80 before the patch

its insane