Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    Because it helps retain subs like in WoD when the subs went higher and once again went higher with the addition of the shipyard...right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to try out the new version of missions they have

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Pretty much zero development time porting version from one expansion to another, and vast majority of playerbase use it, whether they like it or not.

Not sure why people like you don't like it, it's free gold. And with mobile app you don't even have to log in, can send missions at work, while in the bathroom, on a train, or whenever. Zero effort, only benefits, no downside...Yeah, I guess they should remove it, Whalescream doesn't like it, so.
    I didn’t even know bfa had one until 8.2 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The mission table felt forced in WoD ... which is why it wasn't liked. It didn't help that WoD felt like it had so little content too. They cut back in Legion, still required it. I cannot recall if there is anything more than the intro quest to it in BfA, it is literally not required for anything else to my knowledge.

What players don't like is when they feel forced to do something in order to progress that they have no desire to do. Some people do like the mini-game browser style aspect of it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I bet the only reason people ''like'' it is because it gives free stuff for doing almost nothing. I don't see what possible gameplay it offers to be able to actually like it.

The table is being forced into every expansion because they help out a lot with the MAU metrics. They make a special app for it, gives out easy loot while your taking a shit and it gives Blizzard soemthing extra to show off to their investors of how much people are playing the game.
    Well yeah...

I don't know what you are trying to say apart from "people are playing the game different to me so they are wrong".

If that's what people want to do with the table who cares? I don't use the table because I don't believe it's worth 2 mins of my time. But I'm not bitter about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I didn’t even know bfa had one until 8.2 lol
    What? The early BfA quests literally lead you right there lol

Your assumption is incorrect. There are, in fact, people who enjoy it. Especially the mobile app.

You know how blizz is these days. Engagement is what matters, fun is secondary.

But, i personally don't hate them. They were mostly useless in BfA, so i'm curious to see the new ones.

Regardless, these don't hurt anyone. Go get angry about something else.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-15 at 04:37 AM.

I imagine because it takes almost no work to make and it ticks a feature box.

It is to encourage you to play when you can't play. From your mobile, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Because I like it. Best version was WoD tho, sad to see it go.
    TBH, I really hated the WoD version because you had so many available follower options and all kinds of different traits. Also Shipyard was just godaweful.

BfA is good because you actually use all your followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Why would anyone hate it? It hasn't sucked in any version it's been in the game, the problem with WoD, for example, was that everything revolved around your garrison, and they made mission tables/timers to build things a core part of it, and then abandoned the expansion, but not the table itself.

Sounds like you just hate it because everyone hated the WoD/Legion versions of it. Which was reasonable, as it was forced and time gated.

But as for BFA and SL? It's just there, man. Chill lmao. It works best this way. Those that enjoy it get to do it while those like us don't even have to look at it.

Why is this?
    I like the table which counters your whole argument in the title that no one likes it. I also know a lot of other people.

It's a nice little activity to do that you aren't required to do except for maybe 1 intro quest on how to use it. Does that make it really a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Sounds like you just hate it because everyone hated the WoD/Legion versions of it. Which was reasonable, as it was forced and time gated.

But as for BFA and SL? It's just there, man. Chill lmao. It works best this way. Those that enjoy it get to do it while those like us don't even have to look at it.
    I don't mind the forced part at all. The only part that was annoying was the time gate. For instance on Legion class halls do you really need to do a mission 5 times? Make it done after 1 and call it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The mission table felt forced in WoD ... which is why it wasn't liked. It didn't help that WoD felt like it had so little content too. They cut back in Legion, still required it. I cannot recall if there is anything more than the intro quest to it in BfA, it is literally not required for anything else to my knowledge.

What players don't like is when they feel forced to do something in order to progress that they have no desire to do. Some people do like the mini-game browser style aspect of it.
    Yep. Combine that with there being little to do out in the game world..... The heart of why people didn't like WoD.

Edit:
    I don't mind the mission tables. Kind of like the mini game with in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I like the table which counters your whole argument in the title that no one likes it. I also know a lot of other people.

It's a nice little activity to do that you aren't required to do except for maybe 1 intro quest on how to use it. Does that make it really a problem?

I don't mind the forced part at all. The only part that was annoying was the time gate. For instance on Legion class halls do you really need to do a mission 5 times? Make it done after 1 and call it.
    I agree. I didn't find it all that bad. I just don't care if it goes or it stays. So long as the blatant timegating stays the hell away lmao

Its in the game cause Dave on the team just loves garrison mission-tables and cant stop talking about it on lunch breaks, he has a mental disorder but he is very good at his job at Blizzard so people dont want to upset him or make him sad.

Thats a theory.

Personally I havent bothered with them since WoD or Legion, they're basically useless if you want to make gold.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why is this?
    because people like it.

/thread

It's just an extra thing you can do offline that takes 0 effort of in-game time? I don't get the hate for it...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

He has listened to streamers to much, most of us liked it. I even enjoyed wod version since it was pretty easy with the app.
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2020-10-16 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Because I like it. Best version was WoD tho, sad to see it go.
    LOL,wod was the worst by miles,it was so profitable that it forced you to live in a garrison prison,with far to many followers to constantly keep rolling with multiple missions,the phone app made it easier but that in of itself is a problem....people made bilions of gold by runing 50 chars,how was that good?....bfa one was perfect,few followers,and the benefits were nice but not so nice that you felt like you had to