Yeah...they deserve to get dragged for that, that's some "I made my first map in a map editor" shit. And as everyone's pointing out, you can make it in the Celestial hideout for free with in-game stuff.

I dunno what the hell is going on at GGG.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah...they deserve to get dragged for that, that's some "I made my first map in a map editor" shit. And as everyone's pointing out, you can make it in the Celestial hideout for free with in-game stuff.

I dunno what the hell is going on at GGG.
    what is going on?
    Tencent bought them remember.
    That is what is going on, got to earn that $$
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    what is going on?
    Tencent bought them remember.
    That is what is going on, got to earn that $$
    Not buying that at all, especially since that was over 2 years ago and GGG's operating profits are apparently still damned solid.

It really seems like things are a chaotic mess at the management level, and they're having difficulty figuring out how to split development between the expansion and supporting current live leagues...without making leagues less complex given reduced team sizes (and instead making them MORE complex) or I guess staffing up for expansion production (from what I can tell).

I don't buy the whole, "TENCENT BAD" argument. They seem to give the companies they own broad leeway in how they operate, much like how NCsoft does with their western studios (at least until they screw up and there need to be layoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not buying that at all, especially since that was over 2 years ago and GGG's operating profits are apparently still damned solid.

It really seems like things are a chaotic mess at the management level, and they're having difficulty figuring out how to split development between the expansion and supporting current live leagues...without making leagues less complex given reduced team sizes (and instead making them MORE complex) or I guess staffing up for expansion production (from what I can tell).

I don't buy the whole, "TENCENT BAD" argument. They seem to give the companies they own broad leeway in how they operate, much like how NCsoft does with their western studios (at least until they screw up and there need to be layoffs).
    Yeah i don't think tencent bad is any argument either. Especially since china version of PoE is just better.

BUT as for hideouts they don't deserve to get hate since you are not required to buy them. Some of the mtx are directed towards different kind of people that would pay those 15$ for plain hideout as much as some "artists" are taking for a splash of pain on canvas.

There is no such thing as "too much", everything is worth exactly the amount that people are willing to pay for it. And since there are people buying them it exactly means it's worth that much.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So apparently GGG released a new hideout.
    Actually, I like the idea behind this. I hate HOs with all kinds of clutter and weird rooms/outcroppings. Often I just wanted a flat, featureless plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Actually, I like the idea behind this. I hate HOs with all kinds of clutter and weird rooms/outcroppings. Often I just wanted a flat, featureless plane.
    Yeh.. but why $15? They didn't even bother using different tile directions/textures. It's just the same 1 tile copy and pasted over and over again.

Yeh.. but why $15? They didn't even bother using different tile directions/textures. It's just the same 1 tile copy and pasted over and over again.
    Well, I said I liked the idea behind the HO. Not necessarily the implementation. Also, I do not think the cost of video games is relevant outside of your own personal value assessment. I disagree with video games as a value proposition; if you think it has value for you, go for it.

Isn't it part of a pack of flat terrain? Think theres an ocean, abyss among others.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Isn't it part of a pack of flat terrain? Think theres an ocean, abyss among others.
    There are a bunch of them, yes. 150 coins each or something. I really like the cloud one. I might buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So finally logged back on to complete my 24th challenge to get the cat. I bought the last two challenges i needed (10+ div card and experimented base type) and logged off probably for the last time of Heist. GGG has really just done just about everything wrong this league, and the copy+pasted hideouts are just icing on the cake. Now we are getting mostly radio silence aside from the generic handful of bug fixes each week. The only major thing we have gotten is Bex has hinted at the next league will be a change of form, and if anything her comments on it have been far from enthusiastic.

I want to feel bad for GGG but i feel their insistence on a league every 3 months has finally caught up to them. The reports of crunch and lack of polish has really hurt their image.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I feel bad for the art assets, music and voice people, their work got hosed with the gameplay and system folks. PS4 team needs a drubbing down especially.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So finally logged back on to complete my 24th challenge to get the cat. I bought the last two challenges i needed (10+ div card and experimented base type) and logged off probably for the last time of Heist. GGG has really just done just about everything wrong this league, and the copy+pasted hideouts are just icing on the cake. Now we are getting mostly radio silence aside from the generic handful of bug fixes each week. The only major thing we have gotten is Bex has hinted at the next league will be a change of form, and if anything her comments on it have been far from enthusiastic.

I want to feel bad for GGG but i feel their insistence on a league every 3 months has finally caught up to them. The reports of crunch and lack of polish has really hurt their image.
    No need to feel bad for anything as there are tons of people enjoying heists. I've done like prolly like 2000 of them so far and still buying massive amounts of contracts in bulk. Running fractured blueprint etc.

I've been recently running a party of 6 people doing contracts 3 times back and forth for XP. At level 98 it was giving me like 2-3% of exp each run which is really good compared to investment.

And it seems like I was right, harvest coming to core. If next league will keep heists and have harvest in it, it will be probably the best league ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No need to feel bad for anything as there are tons of people enjoying heists. I've done like prolly like 2000 of them so far and still buying massive amounts of contracts in bulk. Running fractured blueprint etc.

I've been recently running a party of 6 people doing contracts 3 times back and forth for XP. At level 98 it was giving me like 2-3% of exp each run which is really good compared to investment.

And it seems like I was right, harvest coming to core. If next league will keep heists and have harvest in it, it will be probably the best league ever.

Harvest is going core with a lot of stipulations. They said it will not be 1 to 1 with what we had due to power creep. I struggle to see how Heist can readily go core without some big changes, considering they like to give past league mechanics a 1 in 10 chance to spawn in a map. Obtaining the heist tokens would be slow at that rate. I would take the next league with caution, even Bex is on reddit/twitter downplaying next league. I think Heist might of been their come to jesus moment, they have gone nearly radio silent, only commenting on bugfixes which there are still many (Tulina is frequently bricking her contracts).

We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Harvest is going core with a lot of stipulations. They said it will not be 1 to 1 with what we had due to power creep. I struggle to see how Heist can readily go core without some big changes, considering they like to give past league mechanics a 1 in 10 chance to spawn in a map. Obtaining the heist tokens would be slow at that rate. I would take the next league with caution, even Bex is on reddit/twitter downplaying next league. I think Heist might of been their come to jesus moment, they have gone nearly radio silent, only commenting on bugfixes which there are still many (Tulina is frequently bricking her contracts).
    We will have to see but Bex said "slightly different form", there was nothing said about "lot of stipulations".

There is really nothing wrong with heists being rare, the same way delirium is rare now (well technically you can pay in map device but still).

Meaning no matter what they do to heist i will still be able to bulk buy contracts.

And quite honestly I had maybe 5 crashes this entire league and maybe 3 bricked contracts. Which is insanely low amount considering how much i've done them.
    Never bricked a Blueprint tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will have to see but Bex said "slightly different form", there was nothing said about "lot of stipulations".

There is really nothing wrong with heists being rare, the same way delirium is rare now (well technically you can pay in map device but still).

Meaning no matter what they do to heist i will still be able to bulk buy contracts.

And quite honestly I had maybe 5 crashes this entire league and maybe 3 bricked contracts. Which is insanely low amount considering how much i've done them.
    Never bricked a Blueprint tho.
    Yeah, Tulina just refuses to do her job in contracts ALOT, i had it happen twice on my last day of playing. Reddit is still talking about it today. I think there are cool things about heists (experimented rares have a chance to be build defining if GGG wasnt too cautious with them), and i wish the Trinket slot applied outside of heist. There has been other good things this league as well, such as GGG being extremely aggressive on bots keeping exalts value really low. But if you just check the mood on Reddit/POE Forums/Twitter, the standing at the door league is not that popular outside of extremely dedicated farmers.

My biggest issue honestly, is the fact that Heist is done entirely outside of the mapping loop. Its part of the reason i only Delve like once a week, i like being able to map and stash then map again, but to do heist i have completely stop mapping.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Heist is likely my favourite league so far As well as the heist them selfs being really fun it opens up so much content compared to the other leagues to the point that I can do pretty much any league mechanic that I can’t just do master missions for. I’ve never had so many options in a league for what I can do rather that be a ton of shaper/elder fragments pale court uber atzeti legion stones breach stones ect.

Yeah, Tulina just refuses to do her job in contracts ALOT, i had it happen twice on my last day of playing. Reddit is still talking about it today. I think there are cool things about heists (experimented rares have a chance to be build defining if GGG wasnt too cautious with them), and i wish the Trinket slot applied outside of heist. There has been other good things this league as well, such as GGG being extremely aggressive on bots keeping exalts value really low. But if you just check the mood on Reddit/POE Forums/Twitter, the standing at the door league is not that popular outside of extremely dedicated farmers.

My biggest issue honestly, is the fact that Heist is done entirely outside of the mapping loop. Its part of the reason i only Delve like once a week, i like being able to map and stash then map again, but to do heist i have completely stop mapping.
    Please, reddit is meme now. Everyone laughs at reddit that is literally filled with spergs.

I've done around 2000 contracts now, and tulina only fails when there is karst with her in team in blueprint (because karst tries to do the agility job before her), and that is coming as a fix next patch.

I can't remember when she failed in normal contract. This is coming from someone ACTUALLY playing contracts, not some random guy that played 1 contract and managed to bug it out then did angry reddit posts that she fails all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Heist up to the point where I failed to 6-link a chest within 2500 fusings. the ammount of currency I threw on those fuses, I could have bought a already 6-linked +1 spectre chest with waaaaay better stats then the one I have, and a +1 minion and spell gem wand. F

Now I just can't be bothered to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, reddit is meme now. Everyone laughs at reddit that is literally filled with spergs.

I've done around 2000 contracts now, and tulina only fails when there is karst with her in team in blueprint (because karst tries to do the agility job before her), and that is coming as a fix next patch.

I can't remember when she failed in normal contract. This is coming from someone ACTUALLY playing contracts, not some random guy that played 1 contract and managed to bug it out then did angry reddit posts that she fails all the time.
    I agree with that to a point and wouldn't be citing them if I wasn't experiencing the same things. Ironically on Reddit i keep getting called a GGG apologist despite having an overall negative opinion on Heist. I will say Heist made me richer faster than any other league, but i blame that on the extremely favorable exalt exchange rate for chaos farmers.

I think it is telling though that even a lot of the major streamers are ending Heist content already, I think Raiz has been afk for weeks and Nugi seems to be playing less (though that could be due to his RSI). Mathil is as bitter yet devoted as ever. He has been lashing out on his community a bit more than he had historically. I think Tarkecat is wanting to distance himself since the whole job thing fell through and he still doesn't seem like he is over that.

I personally just miss the periods of leagues that allowed you to progress multiple objectives at once, Legion was fun because i could progress getting to 5 armies battles at the same time as pushing atlas completion. Delirium also very quickly became one of my favorite mechanics for a similar reason. I don't have as much staying power with leagues that pull you out of other content to complete.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Ya I’ve been doing Mabye 30+ heist on the very low end every day since launch and I’ve only had T not work once and giana not working 3 times and never in a grand heist.

The reddit seems to be a hand full of cases being blown up like every little problem every league always is.