Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mount equip is back!

They lowered the level required for mount equipment from 40 to 10!!! Rejoice!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok but did they add any new mount equipment?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ok but did they add any new mount equipment?
    im struggling to come up with something we need that we dont have already, thoughts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    im struggling to come up with something we need that we dont have already, thoughts?
    herbing while mounted, cause the shredders still have that built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Ooh, wasn't aware! Anti-dazing, here I come! Especially awesome considering we're not able to fly until 40!

Mining and/or herbing while mounted, underwater breathing, or swim speed boost, or even something that lets you stay mounted the first few seconds of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Mining and/or herbing while mounted, underwater breathing, or swim speed boost, or even something that lets you stay mounted the first few seconds of combat.
    I will give you the mining thing, yeah they need to address that, and you have potions for water-breathing but as far as the others, they have mounts you can get that are exclusively designed to do those things. Making equipment that replicates those things negates the very long hours players put into getting those mounts, and IMHO think they should never do that, hell i hate the whole mount equipment move in the first place, the water strider incident was enough. Being able to "buy" those features is really lame to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Gathering while mounted would be a great mount equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Gathering while mounted would be a great mount equipment.
    I'd go one step further and allow 'interacting with objects while mounted'. That would even the playing field against druids (yeah, I'm salty about having to waste time killing mobs only for some asshole druid to decide to steal the objective I was trying to grab).

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    They lowered the level required for mount equipment from 40 to 10!!! Rejoice!
    It used to be a milestone. Why stop at 10? Everything for everyone at level 1!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's at 10 because thats when you can get a mount.

When was it a "milestone"?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    It used to be a milestone. Why stop at 10? Everything for everyone at level 1!
    It used to be useless. Why stop at 40? Everything for everyone at level 50!

See how stupid it sounds?

Very nice, did not even loose mount items I had equipped on my prepared alts :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    even something that lets you stay mounted the first few seconds of combat.
    What do you mean by that, combat doesn't dismount you on any mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What do you mean by that, combat doesn't dismount you on any mount.
    Probably means when the mounted player initiates combat. Would be cool to be able to clear low level mobs on horseback because things die in 1 hit and it takes 2 GCDs to dismount you.

10+ Year Old Account
    and thats what makes them unique

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I think it was a bug the whole time. At least I was able to equip my mount right from the start on all levels. I was really surprised, when the "mount equipment unlocked" skill popped up at some point, after I've been using it for many levels

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with mount equipment will be the same as it was with engineering enchants.

For almost all intents and purposes, there will be a “best” one. For engineering, it was the parachute cape, which was only replace by the glider cape, which was simply a better parachute. The glider is still the best engineering cloak enchant to this day, and they added it in MoP.

For mount equipment, that will very likely be water walking. Do you use it all the time? No. But when you DO need it, does it save you a large amount of time wasted flopping through the water? Absolutely.

Once they’ve added the “best” one it becomes difficult for them to iterate on these systems meaningfully, especially when getting from A to B is the primary concern most people have while mounted.

The only other contesting one I could see is the aforementioned interacting while mounting, but... there are items that give you hours of being able to do that, and I wouldn’t be surprised if blizzard was hesitant to roll that functionality into a permanent ability to combat mass farming without even the smallest bit of investment. And most people still wouldn’t be interested in that angle over water walking.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

heh, yeah.

It is also probably my least favorited mount.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A little glide when you jump, prevent dismount when interacting with quest items, prevent dismount when herbing/mining, auto mount when out of combat, increased speed underwater, increased speed when flying, prevent dismount from the pvp net. They could even add some that add skills to use while mounted such as a glide, sprint or leap.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!