Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    Not sure what you've been doing for all those hours, but i'm sitting at 13 hours on my druid at level 40 (88% into the level too) which atleast an hour or two is downtime/AFK'ing

All this "you can level in 10 hours" stuff is such bullshit. My Lightforged Warrior has 14 hours played at level 27 and is having a great time actually playing the game.

If you hate playing so much just spend $60 on a boost to 50, then spend another $100 on Tokens and you can be done in a half-hour lol.

It took me 20 and I'm fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Are you implying you buy boost for your characters? This is why we can't have fun things anymore.
    No, I only used 2 free one that comes with the expansion.

Buying Boost is silly.

I leveled pretty much all my alts already, though I did level a horde and alliance through the new starting zone.

Essentially:
    DH - oh, I left this guy at 110 because I didn't want to do BFA's zones a 10th time. How about...netherstorm!
    Druid - same deal, Felwood seems nice this time of year. (it was, lots of neat questlines I never did there)

Big fan of that element. Nothing wrong with BFA zones but I had burnout leveling so many alts through that same bracket.

Then the h/a through the new starting zone, basically the same experience but with different dialogue and characters along the way. It's definitely well balanced for no heirlooms and too easy with full heirlooms but that's obviously to be expected, and I'm sad the tabards aren't transmoggable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

What I hate is when they introduced Bamboo sounds to the warrior. It made me fish around for other classes to play right when I got used to the shield slam change and I never found one that I liked as much as my warrior. Except I hate the sounds now :/

Spent most of my time trying out new classes and not really playing the game I wanted to play. Kinda regret those days, yeah, but not because it took me long to level them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    No regrets. At the time it was the best possible solution to my need to get a new alt. People need to stop living in the past or possible future. What matters is the here and now. If you want an alt then do it and stop worrying about "ifs" and "whens". Applies to a lot of things in life, not everything though.
    i like how you answered op's question with a bunch of conjecture and nothing real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I just wish gear, gold reward scaled so you could actually finish a zone before moving on
    i mean you can. Only person stopping you is you.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z0ddicEU View Post
    Not sure what you've been doing for all those hours, but i'm sitting at 13 hours on my druid at level 40 (88% into the level too) which atleast an hour or two is downtime/AFK'ing
    Last thing I want is to level fast. I chose Howling Fjord bc its one of the most beautiful zones in game, and paired with Grizzly Hills they're the 2 best zones to RP. I've been playing slowly without any heirlooms, reading every quest and having fun soaking all of the zone's beauty

Still, being lvl 40 at 13h is too fast, not sure what you've been doing to go THAT fast, there's hardly anything to do at lvl 50 now
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

You play the game when you play the game. You make a choice, like a functional adult, and you live with it.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Faster levelling can never be a bad thing
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Not really, because WoW is no longer about the journey (Leveling) - it's about the current expansion. All the content that made leveling up enjoyable was stripped out of WoW and left it a husk - which is why they finally level squished us to resolve that issue. Personally I wouldn't have minded the entire leveling process before, had they actually kept the rewards and progress from 1-max actually enjoyable.

I think levelling must be deleted from game. All important is endgame content. And not to leave old expansions useless they can scale and add new things there like invasions of nzoth in pandaria.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The change to faster leveling has pros and cons that have been debated at length in other threads, but the quick version is the # of expansions and size of the game became such a big hurdle to new or even returning players that it was necessary.

Regretting spending time leveling alts question that doesn't make a lot of sense. I've had alts since BC and wrath that I've enjoyed playing for 10-15 years until now. Should I have rather waited 10 years until it is a little easier to play them, obviously not.

I'd also add the 10 hour number has been thrown around, but keep in mind that's also racing as fast as possible while leveling that it's in that 10-12 hour range. By that measure leveling could be done pretty fast at some points in time in the past in wow too (leveraging Rapid Mind with a slew of staged quest turn ins, xp bonus events around pre-launches, dungeon grinding when xp has been out of balance, etc.). For the average player if you roll a level 1, pick your Chromie time expansion of choice (not just wod because it's not yet balanced well), and level traditionally by questing and it is going to take you longer than 10 hours in 9.0.

Also, it's about the journey with alts sometimes not just the destination. I use alts to experience new zones, take time to experience the content and read the quests, and do new quest hubs with stories you missed other times around. It's not always just race to max level as fast as possible and then sit in a capital city all day running circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me exactly 8h to get to 31 on my new shaman, and all I've done was Exiles Reach, WoD Intro and Shadowmoon Zone.

I'm estimating to reach 50 mid Gorgrond Zone (cause it has A LOT of bonus objectives)

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

Do you regret to level all your alts?

I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.
    why play a video game, its all just pixels?
    Why breath we all die in the end?

weird question. It does not matter, if you like to level alts, need alts, want heritage armor etc etc you can/want to level.

I think if you reget leveling alts back then because now its faster, and maybe in the future even faster. Again, thats like waiting for the perfect moment. If you wait to long, you might have missed it.

No regrets, id spend a few days getting to 60 just to finally give up after the realization sunk in that i had another few days to go just to find out my class sucks and i just lvled it out of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Faster levelling can never be a bad thing
    I know that's right. It's about time they changed it from the long ass slog that it was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new levelling experience BUT I think its kinda over before you even get started. So imo the idea is right, like totally. But maybe its a bit fast.

As far as I'm concerned they don't really need to change anything mechanically, just lower the xp rates across the board a bit.
    I think it would also be better for completely new players not to be max level so quickly that they still don't know what's what.

But perhaps it's quite fine like this. I just fear for what it might mean to others, for me personally its perfect the way it is.

A youtuber said so.
    Makes everything true, huh?

As for leveling alt, we get a free boosted character whenever we buy the expansion.
    You use to. No longer the case with Shadowlands unless you buy the higher priced versions.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    If you wanted to level fast, you'd just spam Island Expeditions. 1 IE = 1 Level from 10 to 30. Then it's 2 per level. Just make sure you tap all the kills you can, and don't loot or get azerite any other way except for kills.
    Out of curiosity is this recent numbers? I know it adjusted over beta. Friend of mine just wants the quickest way to hit 50 so they can work on class mounts for the other classes.

I heard FH boosting still exists, but I tried it on my 130 ilvl prot paladin and was needing 4-5 pulls (30 or so total) before each boss or I would get destroyed. Even then it took forever to kill with bosses lasting 2 minutes. Before the prepatch I was able to pull all the trash before each boss and drag it to the boss (didn't want snapping and such to occur) and clearing the whole place in ~3-4 pulls and took about 10-15 minutes versus the 30 minutes it took me now.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-10-19 at 04:43 PM.

Not really, this just incentivize me to level the allied races that I have yet to unlock heritage armor on.