Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Republicans have lost 6 out of the 7 past popular votes.

"The people" didn't vote for shit.

And don't worry: we will.
    It’s almost like there’s fail safes in place to prevent 4 states from deciding the election!

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Not if they don't get the votes. I think you will find this to be a very unpopular position to take and would put many Democratic candidates in a vulnerable position every mid-term cycle.
    Nah, in 2 years they can pass puerto rico and DC statehood, Ungerrymander the crap out of the states and do more shit. Then the Republicunts are royally fucked.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It’s almost like there’s fail safes in place to prevent 4 states from deciding the election!
    Which ones are those because iirc our current system means 4 states decide the election: they're just called swing states.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Ah yea. The mythical place where land is more important than voters themselves. Why you conservatives hate democracy?

And also, 4 states decide most of elections. Those being Florida, Pennsylvania, Nevada, et al

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    All well and good, Chuck, but your words insinuate that they had a right to tell you how to run the majority in the past. Queue Yoda looking disappointed and saying, "This is why you fail."
    Yeah, despite constant Republican crying about the evil left and what they would do if the shoe was on the other foot, this has been shown to not be the case time and time again. The entire reason the ACA frustrates so many of us is because it caved to Republican demands, despite Democrats needing 0 Republicans to pass it. Democrats took away the filibuster because McConnell abused it - but they gave the minority more floor power to make up for it. The McConnell and Graham era of Republicans have mercilessly exploited the fact that Democrats are not trying to run a one-sided clown show in order to turn it into exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    It wasn't "my way." I just want a stable government, not one that yo-yos in between extremes every 4-8 years with each side trying to hurt the other in increasing fashion.
    You're going to have to excuse me if I don't believe you when you say this wasn't you getting your way, you do support Trump after all.

Yeah, the fail safes that were put in place to protect slavery. We should probably not use those any more.

And you're back with that bizarre nonsense that has never made sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, the fail safes that were put in place to protect slavery. We should probably not use those any more.
    Yeah it is kinda wild that a country that was founded as a tax evasion scheme by white slaveowners ended up being kind of broken in more than a few ways. /s
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah it is kinda wild that a country that was founded as a tax evasion scheme by white slaveowners ended up being kind of broken in more than a few ways. /s
    You forget the part where said slaveowners also raped the native american lands

Which ones are those because iirc our current system means 4 states decide the election: they're just called swing states.

Lol.
    California, New York, Texas, and Florida.

Well yea florida, but those others don't sound like Ohio or any of the other swing states.

why the fuck you conservatives give more value to land than to people?
    Ah yeah, i remember, it's a variation of considering some groups 3/5 worth of a person

The GOP didn’t steal shit. The people voted for a Republican President and a Republican President nominated conservative justices. If Democrats had the Presidency and Senate they’d do the same thing. Don’t pretend for a minute they wouldn’t.
    No they didn't. Trump lost the popular vote.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have only around a third (33%) of the country's eligible voting population at best.

Fifty is a bigger number than thirty three.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Republicans objectively did. They prevented Obama from appointing his rightful choice for a year. They kept citing a bull shit rule, where is that rule now?

Either a president can appoint a justice in an election year or they can't. A seat has been stolen objectively. If democrats get enough seats in the senate to account for split votes like Manchin they absolutely need to appoint the justice they are due and one more to keep the court an odd number.

You even said it yourself it's about the ability to due so. Republicans gave them the justification and if they have the power they gotta do it.
    Good point about Manchin. Maybe we'll flip the Senate so bigly that we can let one or two Manchin's vote the other way or abstain. Harris can cast the tie vote if necessary.

Give it up. We already went through this song and dance with Trump's cultists who couldn't grasp simple concepts like "people vote, not land mass" and "a handful of states already decide the election" in 2017.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Constitution demands the Senate considers the nomination of the President. McConnell didn't do that with Garland. He absconded his duty. And yet here you are whining and moaning about "defending the Constitution," a document even its Founders demanded be easily amendable and updated regularly, which they thought they had done via the amendment process, not anticipating 50 states of such different ideological bents.

Anyways, Chuck Schumer had some strong words tonight: "You may win this vote... But you will never, ever, get your credibility back. And the next time the American people give Democrats a majority in this chamber, you will have forfeited your right to tell us how to run that majority."

All well and good, Chuck, but your words insinuate that they had a right to tell you how to run the majority in the past. Queue Yoda looking disappointed and saying, "This is why you fail."
    Holy FUCK that is a fantastic quote. Go Schumer!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Give it up. We already went through this song and dance with Trump's cultists who couldn't grasp simple concepts like "people vote, not land mass" and "a handful of states already decide the election" in 2017.
    Honestly, Republicans are just...kind of bad at arguing their points. I mean, if they could actually convince people they were right, they wouldn't need the electoral college, so...
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

You know, before D&D ruined Game of Thrones, they wanted to make a show based on the Confederacy winning the Civil War, and still having slavery in modern day America.

The premise is ridiculous (the first World War would have been about overthrowing America), and they're shit writers and would have for sure ruined it.....but if it was written well with a massive dose of suspension of disbelief, this topic would surely have to come up as a look into how deep the corruption of the institution of slavery was, more than just being....well, yanno, an utterly inhumane piece of shit institution.