Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Another update for beta is in the line, beta servers seem to be offline. Curious to see if the updated Maw experience is in this build. If not it would be really strange, they announced it 3 weeks ago.
    I think you cross the "strange" barrier at more like a month to six weeks. It's not even quite "surprising" at three.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Best bug I've seen in an almost finished product... no resource generation lol
    At least my Frostwyrm's Fury and Raise Dead works :P

Was fun being a DH I guess... but man, with the state they were already in to see 1 of our only 2 actual talents replaced and so many nerfs...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

can someone in beta tell me how fast the legendary cape get replace in shadowland? probably not even worth it get upgrade it at this point on new 50.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    can someone in beta tell me how fast the legendary cape get replace in shadowland? probably not even worth it get upgrade it at this point on new 50.
    if it is fully ranked up to 15, it doesn't get replaced until Revendreth/level 60...so pretty helpful...

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1321571174845919232

maybe this is a sign they will be released on Tuesday 11/03?

Yeah I think this was maybe planned for yesterday, but due to some circumstances delayed / pushed back as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I think this was maybe planned for yesterday, but due to some circumstances delayed / pushed back as well.
    Well there was the evacuation order that went out, not too far fetched to assume Blizzard simply decided to not begin the events when they likely had to vacate the offices for safety.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    maybe this is a sign they will be released on Tuesday 11/03?
    If so, the real question is - how long is it going to be? Two most likely options are either 2 weeks or 4 weeks, which would mean the release date is either November 17th or December 1st. Since I doubt that they'd have the event up for just two weeks, I think it's the latter.

Anyway, if that's correct, we'll most likely get the announcement by the end of the week.

P.S. Excluding 3 weeks and November 24th release date, because Thanksgiving.

I hope they're able to fix the no resources bug within hours, if not you practically cannot test anything.

Tomorrow is the conference call, so we'll most likely have an update then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    If so, the real question is - how long is it going to be? Two most likely options are either 2 weeks or 4 weeks, which would mean the release date is either November 17th or December 1st. Since I doubt that they'd have the event up for just two weeks, I think it's the latter.

Anyway, if that's correct, we'll most likely get the announcement by the end of the week.

P.S. Excluding 3 weeks and November 24th release date, because Thanksgiving.
    Well the event is only "two weeks" seeing there is a week 1 and week 2 with content. So they could go with 2 weeks, but I do agree, because 3 weeks notice on the Shadowlands launch is a bit short. I would expect them to have a month advantage on the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well the event is only "two weeks" seeing there is a week 1 and week 2 with content. So they could go with 2 weeks, but I do agree, because 3 weeks notice on the Shadowlands launch is a bit short. I would expect them to have a month advantage on the announcement.
    Wasnt there also at least another weeks worth of content that mysteriously disappeared from the PTR? I could have sworn all the signs pointed ot a continuation of the week 2 questline when the event was still actively being tested. Not to mention that last I checked there was no conclusive point yet where the event "ends" pending the actual release, similar to how the BfA pre-patch "ended" with the Undercity siege and the Legion pre-patch "ended" with being called to Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Wasnt there also at least another weeks worth of content that mysteriously disappeared from the PTR? I could have sworn all the signs pointed ot a continuation of the week 2 questline when the event was still actively being tested. Not to mention that last I checked there was no conclusive point yet where the event "ends" pending the actual release, similar to how the BfA pre-patch "ended" with the Undercity siege and the Legion pre-patch "ended" with being called to Dalaran.
    It's possible they scrapped some plans (they did announce it was a 4 week event when saying testing started) or... they deliberately didn't test things. Like the questchain with the Sylvannas "horde is nothing" cinematic.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    It's possible they scrapped some plans (they did announce it was a 4 week event when saying testing started) or... they deliberately didn't test things. Like the questchain with the Sylvannas "horde is nothing" cinematic.
    When they said 4-week event I would imagine they counted at least one week of just system changes to iron out bugs, but I do find it odd how abruptly Blizzard stopped testing the pre-patch. My gut feeling would be that they didnt want to spoil the final part of it, though I somehow doubt anything of note is likely to warrant being hidden from the players at that juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't know, Wowhead lists up week 1 and week 2, but nothing more after that, and that was the feeling I got on the PTR too. You think about the initial scourge invasion maybe? Not sure if that includes in the 2 week schedule, so could be that? I am uncertain.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...urge-invasions

Week 2 might of course last longer than a week, I guess there is dailies that we can do for a good while, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I don't know, Wowhead lists up week 1 and week 2, but nothing more after that, and that was the feeling I got on the PTR too. You think about the initial scourge invasion maybe? Not sure if that includes in the 2 week schedule, so could be that? I am uncertain.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...urge-invasions

Week 2 might of course last longer than a week, I guess there is dailies that we can do for a good while, so there is that.
    Not that I literally expect just 2 weeks of events with a week for each, but rather that it seemed to me like the questline that ended in the second part was supposed to have a third part before the expansion begins.
    Could be absolutely wrong of course, but there seemed to be a general consensus when the pre-patch event disappeared from the PTR that there was likely another part to the questline that was not shown.

7+ Year Old Account
    were we no supposed to get the only one side mog for shoulders? did they scrap that?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-10-28 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    were we no supposed to get the only one side mog fo shoulders? did they scrap that?
    Sadly they did...

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Sadly they did...
    They never confirmed they intended to make it part of the initial release, so they didn't really scrap it.
    Unless they hit a snag that prevents it from being added to the game my guess is they will add it in a later patch. Most likely 9.2 since those mid expansion large patches seems to be where they usually add larger features like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, what have shamans ever done to warrant this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Yo, what have shamans ever done to warrant this?
    This is the best comment I've read in the official Shaman feedback thread about the changes:

Hahaha I was thinking of maining Ele/Resto for a minute there, silly me