Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    From the release date post.

Guess you missed it.
    Guess you missed that they maybe did 5% of what they announced, but okay.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Employees leave all the time. THey want new challenges.
    Generally its better pay and to be treated better.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nope. They were not told to do it. They did it because it made the most sense. People need to tone down the conspiracy theories of Blizzard being told things when it pretty much has always been them making the choice.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318838/...1-release-date
    People ove to use ACtivision as the big bad boogeyman when it has always been Blizzard making it's own decisions because it is a completel separate company from Activision who both live under the roof of their parent company, Activision-Blizzard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They were not told to do it. They did it because it made the most sense. People need to tone down the conspiracy theories of Blizzard being told things when it pretty much has always been them making the choice.

I dunno, that reads to me still like "not delaying the raid made us set a November date so we could get the raid out before the Holidays."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Its not just the absence of ground mounts, The Maw is just boring and devoid of interesting stuff. Its literally awful.
    it's there for the RP part/lore. and it makes sense. not everything can be amazing and fun and awesome.

Even the prettiest girl takes the nastiest shit sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Even employees that were clearly, lifers? You really think employees with immense security leave to start a new company with mountains of risk involved because "people leave companies"? As a career professional, this statement is nonsense. They left because we can all see the writing on the wall. Blizzard of today is a mere shadow of its former self. WC3: Reforged would never have been released by the old Blizzard.
    Happens pretty regularly.

A new company has a lot less expectations surrounding what their new games should be/look/play like. If they want to make a Diablo-style game but with a Hearthstone-like atmosphere they won't have a bunch of longtime fans of the IP being upset that the game isn't as dark as it was. If they write a bunch of lore for a world they don't have to worry about whether it's a retcon or if it's changing the direction of the character, because nothing has been established yet. If they had a bunch of features or change the pace/difficulty of the game they won't have a bunch of folks complaining about how the older versions were better/harder/etc because there are no older versions.

Think of it like this. If you were to create a fantasy video game would you rather have it be based off of Middle Earth, which has an encyclopedia's worth of established lore and a dedicated following that will analyze and breakdown every single thing you do, or would you rather create an entirely brand-new world so that you aren't having to fight against an established fanbase if you want to do something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Generally its better pay and to be treated better.
    Not why Mike Morhaime left. Read some of his interviews and it paints a picture that Blizzard treated their employees poorly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not why Mike Morhaime left. Read some of his interviews and it paints a picture that Blizzard treated their employees poorly.
    I find that doubtful since he was in control of most of what Blizzard did so he could have treated employees better if he wanted to. Care to link any of those interviews?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I heard that you can't even use a ground mount in there. Lol it's going to fail so hard.
    No mounts, but, over time you can unlock one specific to the maw.....yeah......no mount, in a zone they claim to have specifically designed to be depressing and barren.....Because you know what players love the most? Walking around a big empty zone with fuck all to do.

From announcement through to playing it, this has been my reaction:

- Hmm, that sounds kind of boring.
    - Hmm, that looks kind of boring.
    - Hmm, this is kind of boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess you missed that they maybe did 5% of what they announced, but okay.
    I agree - The issue is not what they are SAYING they are going to do - its the results. I have seen nothing at all that has made me even remotely interested in the Maw, not even in the slightest. From a lore perspective, a vast, expansive, depressing zone with little to no life there would be cool. In a book. But this isnt a book, its a game.

Ya I was hyping myself up that they might do something fun there. I read multiple comments it's vast and empty, didn't feel finished at all. So I was hoping they might be able to get some inspiration from other games. Make something killer and fun for us. I'm not entirely sure why they even postponed to begin with now...
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-10-29 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No mounts, but, over time you can unlock one specific to the maw.....yeah......no mount, in a zone they claim to have specifically designed to be depressing and barren.....Because you know what players love the most? Walking around a big empty zone with fuck all to do.

From announcement through to playing it, this has been my reaction:

- Hmm, that sounds kind of boring.
    - Hmm, that looks kind of boring.
    - Hmm, this is kind of boring.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree - The issue is not what they are SAYING they are going to do - its the results. I have seen nothing at all that has made me even remotely interested in the Maw, not even in the slightest. From a lore perspective, a vast, expansive, depressing zone with little to no life there would be cool. In a book. But this isnt a book, its a game.
    Prepare for all speed buffs disabled until you complete that expansion's loremaster in 10.0 and no mounts allowed next expansion until you grind 7 reps to exalted in 10.2.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-29 at 11:11 PM.

Prepare for no mounts period next expansion until you grind 7 reps to exalted in 10.2.
    wouldnt even surprise me at this point. And i happen to agree with the part you removed, the feedback has been clear for a LONG time, the majority of players do not enjoy a hiking simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    wouldnt even surprise me at this point. And i happen to agree with the part you removed, the feedback has been clear for a LONG time, the majority of players do not enjoy a hiking simulator.
    "We want the players to sniff the raytraced grasses and flowers. Roleplay walk only".

"We want the players to sniff the raytraced grasses and flowers. Roleplay walk only".
    "Its about the journey, not the destination! We want you to stop and smell the despair and depression of the zone!"

Even employees that were clearly, lifers? You really think employees with immense security leave to start a new company with mountains of risk involved because "people leave companies"? As a career professional, this statement is nonsense. They left because we can all see the writing on the wall. Blizzard of today is a mere shadow of its former self. WC3: Reforged would never have been released by the old Blizzard.
    People leave for new challenges, that's life. Sometimes people wake up bored of the routine.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

the fact that release is next month implies that they just had to fix gamebreaking stuff like people not being abled to level their chars etc.
    I hoped they really would spend time on polish, but I somehow doubt they can in that limited time frame. Many legendaries and covenant abilities are lacking for many classes, I also don't see the maw changes they mentioned. I hope for the best, but to me it seems that they just fix the game so it can be launched and that they will adress issues with legendaries, covenants and endgame content in future patches.

How will people survive and feed their Blizz hate without pulling horrible conspiracy theories out of thin air and convincing themselves that their headcanon is reality?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be interesting to see if "Eye of the Jailer" or "Player Attention Span" reaches zero first.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The maw is absolute dog sh€t at the moment and has been all alpha and beta , easily one of the worst end game zones I’ve seen and the pacing , mount is gated behind a horrible challenge grind etc idk so many things about SL is just so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist09 View Post
    The maw is absolute dog sh€t at the moment and has been all alpha and beta , easily one of the worst end game zones I’ve seen and the pacing , mount is gated behind a horrible challenge grind etc idk so many things about SL is just so bad.
    Nothing else really sticks out as being bad/terrible to me. There's some rather underwhelming stuff, but the only thing I look at & go "this is irredeemable shite" is the Maw.