Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im not sure if hard is the right word? But i always found cat druid very weird and confusing. Oh, and most Warlock specs lost me quickly.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Warlock is easy, not sure how people find it hard. Surv hunter and sub rogue are probably hardest specs to play well in the game. Every spec is easy to play at regular level tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play all specs alot so there really is no hard one for me. But specs like Demo, Affliction, Feral and Survival hunter are bit harder to play well. Not because they require alot skill but because their dps cycle is based on timing, building up and keeping up buffs and debuffs. That can be really hard without addons and unless you don't play optimal way, your dps will not be good. Demo and Survi are the hardest ones because both work with short time build up style.

Example: Keep dot up on target (short duration) - use skill to raise your dmg on said skill or for other skill (raising this starts timer that will not refresh on new application, when timer reaches 0 your dmg drops again to low) - use personal positioning and control your pet/s - when reaching critical level on your build up, decide how you will spend it.

Examples of said cycle: Demonology Warlock has to keep and summon pets but they all have short duration, more you have pets more you will do dmg and more your CDs will affect the dps. You want to get max out of your hounds when summoning Tyrant but you don't wanna summon Tyrant unless you have as many imps out as possible but imps last only short time. See the problem here?

Same goes for Survival Hunter but with Mongoose skill. Survival has to also watch for resource and keep up dot and position itself for bombs + is a melee class which brings even more chaos into the gameplay.
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2020-10-19 at 01:42 PM.

You talking arena or just overall PvP?

In arenas, I've always thought healing was pretty damn tough. Its not bad when you manage to get 2 good partners who can play with and around you, but as a new player, thats not gonna be your life. Your gonna be joining random people who just run out there and leave you out to dry, kill themselves, and you are going to have a miserable experience, especially since you really need to have more game knowledge as the healer IMO than some zerging DPS when your starting out. Anyone can run over there and PvE something until someone in the game dies, and that ends up falling onto the healer just the same as it does in PvE when some idiot stands in fire and dies while your panicking trying to heal everyone. People are gonna say, Oh just stand back there and heal easy peasy. I dont think its that easy for a new player. Your gonna get trained, you arent gonna be very good at your class, and your quality of partners arent going to help you.

For me personally? Rogue. Even though I love the class, even though I feel like I play ok, I just can never make it work. Every other expac I roll a Rogue alt or maybe even start rogue, and it just never works. I'm much more of a caster player and/or melee grinder(like warrior).

10+ Year Old Account
    the hardest class+spec is the class+spec that is harder to climb the ladder with, therefore just watch the ladder to find the most rare spec.
    it might be enhancement shaman or balance druid

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    Arcane mage, just for some reason can not get the rotation down.......
    this must be a joke? right?

ok, maybe ww monk, if you really use everything he got and master it.

I have the most troubles with immobile casting classes. I just feels wrong to stand there and let the enemy whack you. I have an instinct to run away from melee players, and that is not always the thing you should do.

Rogue, both to play and fight. The setup style of play just doesn’t suit me and I don’t have the experience to understand how to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavemgi View Post
    I am a new player and I realize that I can get a good experience in the game by choosing the hardest class in the game. Tell me, what is the most difficult class for you?
    actually , dh because he's so nerf its not a joke playing them, its hard compared to others class i leveled, their dmg is nerfed to the ground

but if you talk gameplay : the feral druid is hard to master , you need to know when launching x attack , at what time and look the debuff on the mob and all the bleeding debuff. well in leveling, you dont care, but in end game , i think its one of the harder class to master in my book

you did'nt ask for it, but the easist: beast hunt, just play that man, and you'll find the game ultra easy lol

Not sure what it would be, one spec I don't play I guess. What I do know and a class I always struggle against and have done since I started arena in TBC, good warlocks. Fear ftl. No DR either it feels like. Lol.

I see some people write survival. And I agree, survival is hard to master, both pvp and pve. Its nice that you acknowledge that because Survival is quite easy at basic play. But to really get the most of it you need to be both reactional and prioritize properly. Its a really rewarding spec, but at the same time it can perform decently just by playing it at a basic level. One of my favorite 3 specs atm and has been whole of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the hardest class+spec is the class+spec that is harder to climb the ladder with, therefore just watch the ladder to find the most rare spec.
    it might be enhancement shaman or balance druid
    Just because a class is bad doesn't mean it's hard. You could change absolutely nothing about shaman and double its damage and suddenly it'd go from the least played in arena to the most played.

If you mean hard as in "overcoming metas," that hasn't been a feasible thing in a long time. Gear/throughput matters so much more than skill, especially so with corruption (which, I'm glad is dead and buried).

OT: OP, you learn a lot by playing healers - especially holy paladin. It's not a hard healer per se, but getting good at knowing what cooldowns to use as an answer to what cooldowns your opponents have used will increase your game knowledge quite a bit. Any healer will do, but a healer with a lot of cooldowns would probably be best at this specifically (pally, shaman).

As far as just straight up "high skill cap" classes: Resto druid, rogue, mage, priest are all good options.
    Last edited by Mozu; 2020-11-03 at 04:21 AM.

Bit of a curve-ball: MM hunter. Yep, the class with possibly the easiest rotation there is. (Save for the arcane mage, but I doubt that even qualifies as a rotation)

What makes it so "difficult" to play is the wealth of utility and defensive tools at its disposal, coupled with the lack of self healing.
    The former means that there's more decisionmaking involved than with classes that have only one or two viable options at any given moment. The latter reduces the margin of error, because you can't just hide behind a pillar and heal to full.

Perhaps calling MM difficult is hyperbole, yes. The skill floor is rather low. If you've ever seen a good MM though, you know that they're nuts... and getting to that point, I believe, isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyjakey View Post
    Rogue. Then mage.
    Can't comment on rogue but mage is joke. All of them have a short sequence of actions to do for the damage.
    Frost is nice and fluid but it's very basic on whichever frost spec you play.
    Fire is literally once you learn your combustion sequence that is it. It was made more complicated with wrists and blaster trait, but it was never "hard"
    Arcane is like fire, but simpler sequence of actions. All your damage is in few seconds window where you press a single button after running your macro, besides that there is literally nothing to the spec.

Rogue is the highest skillcap class in the game, sub to be precise. Definitely the hardest one for me as well.

I have played every class in PvP for many expansions. I would say, you should play a class and a spec that you enjoy to play, more than something that is just high-skill capped honestly.

But, in case you need it, here is the hardest class to play (in my opinion) :

Rogues : Mostly sub, but rogues can be tricky in PvP, it's not for everyone. It's not about doing the most damage, but mostly timing and awareness

Druid : Always was something complicated in my opinion, this class takes a good amount of dedication to it to be effective at it. Takes a while to get used to it and know what to do and when to do it.

Mage : Now, some people say mage is not hard to learn in PvP but, I would disagree. It requires a very good amount of communication in 3's. It's like rogue, not for everyone. In my opinion, mages takes a while to get good at and feel comfortable. Lots of cool down management and burst window to get used to.

Hunter :
    Hunter seem easy? But in arena, they are not really easy. It's a very specific gameplay (MM and SURV) and takes a while to get used to

Special mention to :

Warrior (Arms) : Let's not talk about fury, since I don't think it will be a viable PvP option in Sl. Arms is really fun to me, lot's of keybinds, lots of things to do. In my opinion, there are a really huge difference between a good and a bad warrior. It can be quite a challenge to play sometimes, but they look good in SL. I would say, Arms is not the hardest spec to play in the game, but I would consider it if I were you.

Also, some people say Unholy is hard, but it really isn't. Once you understand how it plays, it's basically just waiting for your general cd/runes to come up. Not much gameplay depth in my opinion. It can be fun if you like the game style. Shaman is also an interesting class I would consider it if I were you, Melee/Caster/Healer class is a good all around options if you like diversity. There would be more to say, but that seems enough for now.

Good luck on your decision!

I'm going to have to cast my vote for Sub rogue as well. The pace is faster because of the 1 sec GCD, the whole stealth/unstealth mechanic, knowing when to press your cooldowns for defense or offence, etc. makes it very challenging.

It is a strong spec however and I'm sure you can have a certain degree of guaranteed success even if you don't do things the right way, but getting the most out of it is what really makes the difference and that's where the "difficulty" lies.

Second place would be Demo since as somebody else pointed out, it's insanely hard to know how long your demons will last, when to use Implosion, etc. without a weakaura.

I am not sure that most people realise this is in the PVP FORUM. But hey, I might be mistaken.

There are a few classes I actively dislike either thematically or playstyle-wise, so I won’t consider those (Frost is not a DK spec, I refuse to play a melee Hunter, Holy Priest is the least imaginatively designed spec in the game by intent. Et cetera)

But Mage is that class for me. I can handle playing Frost Mage with all the kiting tools they have, but Arcane Mage is really difficult for me when the melee-train comes a-knocking in the BGs. I have tried it in arenas, and it is much easier with a partner who knows how to help peel or just create a free global cool down of action for you. But it still seems rather foreign to me.
    (Edit: I should point out, that I don’t struggle with playing Mage on the offensive or CC-side of things, purely incapable of playing a Mage defensively.)

All the other classes are either really simple, or I am simply more naturally attuned to their playstyles. I didn’t dip my toe into Mage PVP until late TBC, and I was not capped. I have struggled with it since.
    Sub Rogue is not something I personally struggle with, but I played it to rank 8 in Vanilla, 2100 in s1 and s2 of TBC and was again my main in early Legion. So I have always been acquainted with them.

tl;dr bad at Mage, passable to good at everything else.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2020-11-03 at 07:34 PM.

Never once played shaman or dk, so those two.

Rogue. My button-mashy hands just make a lot of fumbles with the short GCD. It's also probably the class with the most decision-making and judgment calls in PvP.

I'll say that in most world PvP and BG situations I do excellently as a rogue and often have highest damage/kills etc. But I think that says more to the credit of the class's design being specifically tailored towards PvP situations than it does about my personal ability to pilot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavemgi View Post
    I am a new player and I realize that I can get a good experience in the game by choosing the hardest class in the game. Tell me, what is the most difficult class for you?
    Depends, pvp or pve?
    Pvp hardcasters were always my worst.
    In raids it is likely a melee class as i find ranged raiding to be a magnitude easier, maybe some subspecc of rogue or something...
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.