Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why bother with survival when you can play a real melee class.

I actually really enjoy surv hunter gameplay and it's not so bad as it's made out to be - it just has a high skill requirement to pump numbers.
    As mentioned above though, a few extra survival CDs would help remove the stigma.

Just wish that the animation for serpent sting and kill shot didn't use some crappy crossbow animation. I'd rather throwing daggers or something.

Survival is in my opinion the best rework WoW has ever had, in theory - Hunter should've always been more about melee than range, my ideal Hunter would be melee without pet (like an armored Rogue with a 2h), melee with pet (Rexxar), and ranged without pet (Archer).

Survival sucked at first (Legion) but has improved a lot since. Initially it was just a "good thought" but now the spec is actually good.

If only balance could match.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Why bother with survival when you can play a real melee class.
    Well, that's exactly the reason why I want to play it.

In general, the dream is to have either an all instant caster (no cast times for anything) or a "meele" class with a 40 yard range for every ability. By design, nothing of this can ever happen. Casters need cast times because else meeles would be obsolete. It's like making something intentionally worse than it actually is just to give something else a chance to compete.

Survival hunter is a spec that lets you taste this dream a little bit... a ranged meele.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-11-12 at 04:44 PM.

It's a nice revamp but, it should've been done to BM instead.

My thoughts on the specs...
    - BM -> Melee spec with tons of pets
    - MM -> It's fine how it currently is
    - SV -> I think this is where they should add a tinkerer spec

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Survival is in my opinion the best rework WoW has ever had, in theory - Hunter should've always been more about melee than range, my ideal Hunter would be melee without pet (like an armored Rogue with a 2h), melee with pet (Rexxar), and ranged without pet (Archer).

Survival sucked at first (Legion) but has improved a lot since. Initially it was just a "good thought" but now the spec is actually good.

If only balance could match.
    Imagine the delusion required to look at how melee Hunters have turned out and think "hmm, what Hunters really need is more melee".

Go play a Warrior or Rogue if you are so infatuated with melee.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Imagine the delusion required to look at how melee Hunters have turned out and think "hmm, what Hunters really need is more melee".

Sorry, no.

Imagine getting this upset about someone else's opinion about a game, when you'll have no influence over whether the spec changes or not. I'd suggest you go outside but with covid I'm not sure that'd do much to improve your impact.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I hope that they revert it to how it used to be, not this melee stupid thing, but range.
    Agree but looks like they are stubborn

Worst playable yes. Demo's remake was done on purpose so it doesnt count.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Agree, and not only hunter melee but the game in general doesn’t need more melee

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sorry, no.

Imagine getting this upset about someone else's opinion about a game, when you'll have no influence over whether the spec changes or not. I'd suggest you go outside but with covid I'm not sure that'd do much to improve your impact.
    Not sorry, yes. You're the one that's upset because someone called your opinion delusional. Which it is. You are going to a class defined on its mastery of ranged weapons and thinking "hmm, actually, what this class needs to be is Warrior 2.0". And this is years into a melee reworked of a formerly successful ranged spec which has turned out so badly that you regularly get threads like this one discussing how failed it is.

Usually, when someone sinks a bunch of effort into something that fails so totally and spectacularly they think "OK, that didn't work out, let's go back to the drawing board". You, on the other hand, think "let's double down and expand the scope of this failed idea". That's evident of a person with totally upside-down priorities.

And this is years into a melee reworked of a formerly successful ranged spec which has turned out so badly that you regularly get threads like this one discussing how failed it is.
    You get threads like this because people don't like major changes when it comes to something they have been accustomed to for years. If DPS rankings didn't place this spec so far down the list - it wouldn't be considered such a failure. It could never be the top hunter spec though cause we would all drown in tears.

Survival, subjectively, is one of the most -fun- specs to play.

Not sorry, yes. You're the one that's upset because someone called your opinion delusional. Which it is. You are going to a class defined on its mastery of ranged weapons and thinking "hmm, actually, what this class needs to be is Warrior 2.0". And this is years into a melee reworked of a formerly successful ranged spec which has turned out so badly that you regularly get threads like this one discussing how failed it is.

Usually, when someone sinks a bunch of effort into something that fails so totally and spectacularly they think "OK, that didn't work out, let's go back to the drawing board". You, on the other hand, think "let's double down and expand the scope of this failed idea". That's evident of a person with totally upside-down priorities.
    Mate you cannot call an opinion for delusional. An opinion is by definition based on personal preference. If he think that Survival was a good rework then that’s fine. It doesn’t change the statistic fact that most people think it was a bad rework.

It’s like someone saying that in their opinion Sharknado is a better movie than The Godfather. That’s completely fine. The fact that most people disagree with the opinion doesn’t make the opinion delusional. Because it based on personal preference.

You don’t have to consider general perception in an opinion.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-11-13 at 10:55 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Imo one of the best remakes of WoW. They managed to create a completly unique ranged/melee dps spec. In bfa, for pvp it was one of the most enjoyable specs with one of the highest skillcap.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Just chiming in to say that the outlaw revamp from combat should be a war crime.

played survival most of BFA. its a fun spec with lots of interesting toys, but is held back by a few major issues

- pet ai (as with any pet class)
    - mongoose bite not baseline
    - not enough defensives for a melee
    - numbers where on the low side for all of BFA

unfortunatly they fixed none of those for SL, so im probably not maining it again this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It doesn’t change the statistic fact that most people think it was a bad rework.
    do you have any basis for this statement? and low playerbase for a specc is not proof that "most people think it was a bad rework".

EDIT: typos
    Last edited by lagiacrux; 2020-11-13 at 11:20 AM.

Hunter has always been the noob friendly, low skill cap, range dps class. Since Vanilla WoW it was the best entry level class for new players that want to get familiar with range dps.

Survival Hunter revamp has so many buttons to press and it takes a lot more knowledge and skill to do good with the class. It does have plenty of defensive abilities but people suck big time using them at the right time commpared to other classes that has clear and obvious defensvei to press.

People saying Survival Hunter does not have many defensives does not understand the class/playstyle. They have enough buttons to avoid dmg rather than just standing there and take the big hits. People want it easy when it comes to defensive, no smart play required ...

The reason why it is not played so much is because of the high level skill required to be good at the class. BM/Mark is extremely easy to master.

The Survival Hunter revamp is one of the coolest revamps I have seen in WoW, it made the hunter class way more interesting.
    Last edited by Tokashi; 2020-11-13 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    do you have any basis for this statement? and low playerbase for a specc is not proof that "most people think it was a bad rework".

EDIT: typos
    No not at all. To be honest, I mainly said it to please Fpic Eail so he might keep his focus on the point of the post. I myself think BFA Survival is a pretty fun spec, but I do understand the people who argue that all Hunter specs should be ranged. There are in general a lot of practical issues when combining ranged and melee specs in one class.

Hunter was not defined on its mastery of ranged weapons initially, and Hunter as a word and the fantasy of it has never been either. It's about using what's available to hunt. That means being able to use both melee and ranged weapons (and magic, bombs, traps, pets, etc). Shouldn't be very hard to understand.

Plus, it'd be pretty pathetic of me to change my opinion just because other people are allergic to change. I'm aware people hate Survival because "new bad" and "I don't wanna be forced to melee, it's scary!", I don't care. The only legitimate criticism is wanting the old playstyle Survival had back, but that isn't a reason to hate Survival, it's a reason to hate Blizzard for not delivering on their promise to give talents to do that through Marksman.

Survival is great. The rest of Hunter can stand to improve. And your "scary big internet man" tactic of trying to force your opinion is pretty sad.

Strange thread. Its my favorite specc and I play all of then. I Have several level 50 survival hunters now.