Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel WoW is so tied to their old 15 year old servers they use, that it cannot be separated unless they make a new game. It would explain why private servers managed to do what Blizzard can't. In fact I think the servers has gotten worse since 2005 :P

By every right in 2020 servers should be able to handle that many people on screen at once, it makes me think Blizzard can't do it, not that they won't.

I'll leave this link here, maybe people can find solutions to their problems and learn the difference between "lag" and "fps drops".

https://www.howtogeek.com/142193/htg...he-same-thing/

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to be clear: when I go there on midnight on a working day and there are only like 10 people around its not am issue at all. But those events are designed to attrackt much more people during prime play time.
    It may very well be your Internet connection. If it is indeed lag. since as I said, mass group combat has not given me any issues in years. Most rares since WoD -> current would have 2-4 40 main raid groups waiting for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel WoW is so tied to their old 15 year old servers they use
    They changed their servers only a few years ago. Hence why all the old server Blades went on sale for collectors.

Actually opposite for me. Since pre patch i've experience alot less lag when alot of people are crammed together for world bosses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    You are lucky. It is the same issue we had in Battle for Nazjatar when there were multiple raids. Abilities take 4-5 seconds to go off. My eyebeam on my DH would go for about 30-40s. Early expansion this also occurred for assaults especially in Drustvar. Its a Blizz problem not a player problem. The servers just cannot handle that many players in one spot doing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much, I am happy that at least some people 1) understand the difference between FPS issues and lag and 2) at least acknowledge there might be an issue, even if they are not affected themselves.
    because if it doesn't affect us, why should Blizzard stop creating World Events just because some People have shitty connections?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    because if it doesn't affect us, why should Blizzard stop creating World Events just because some People have shitty connections?
    It also hits players with big glass fiber connections.

Like... i can download all of WoW in 15 minutes and have a 16ms ping to the League Servers, and you want to tell me the lagging out on rare mobs is on my part when everyone on the shard says in /1 they lag too? Lmao.

Edit: oh well , the first answer in this thread already set my expectations anyways.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-11-15 at 02:30 PM.

Funny theres so many people who cant differentiate their own system lag from a server lag.

Southshore VS Tarren Mill for me is always like this, no idea if is still like this since then
    Oh right but im not sure if this scenario is both lag and PC...or just PC...

If the classes went back to having less passive rolls for everything they do and less procs it wouldn't be so bad on the server. Cross realm is also brutal on it according to blizzard. Still it is what it is and what it will be.

Sounds like more of a you problem than a game problem. I haven't experienced lag in large scale rare events in years.
    I can clearly say its not a "him" problem. My main rig is a Ryzen 3900x, 32gb Ram RTX 3080 Full SSD's on a 1 Gig connection and I have seen lag like this on Bagman mainly, Skadi from time to time ect. My backup rig which is a I7-8700k with a 1080 Ti also sees these issues.

Lag happens but maybe it's my experience as a long time player but it's so much less today than it used to be. Sure with that said, it could be better. If anything you could argue the constant lag issues (and long maintenances) in WotLK for example was more justified considering it had maybe 3x the playerbase that we have today, and you could also argue this is 2020 and not 2010 and we expect better.

Personally it hasn't been unplayable yet but I know what SL launch will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Yeah I also experienced it.

Lag and FPS-drops are a different thing by the way, it doesnt seem like many know the difference judging the first reply.
    Irrelevant. It's an OP issue. I was showing that even with a PC that doesn't even meet the recommended specs for the game, playing at max settings by the way, it isn't a blizzard problem . If you want to play on an absolute potatoes and you are getting lag then that's hardly blizzards fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krockedy View Post
    He is talking NOT about your pc performance. Lags does not mean FPS drops. Your PC have nothing to do with server lags
    It does when it's a potato. I'm 2000km from the nearest server and my PC doesn't meet the recommended specs. Why do I not experience lag? It's an OP problem and OP should fix his own problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Irrelevant. It's an OP issue. I was showing that even with a PC that doesn't even meet the recommended specs for the game, playing at max settings by the way, it isn't a blizzard problem . If you want to play on an absolute potatoes and you are getting lag then that's hardly blizzards fault.

- - - Updated - - -

It does when it's a potato. I'm 2000km from the nearest server and my PC doesn't meet the recommended specs. Why do I not experience lag? It's an OP problem and OP should fix his own problems.
    Did you know that a problem doesn't need to be binary?
    Like we also all play on different servers in different locations and stuff?

I know it's sunday but please slow down man.

Your are talking about FPS, which has nothing to do with lag and which I literally addressed in the opening post.

- - - Updated - - -

Please read the OP again.

- - - Updated - - -

So you telling me e.g. Nazjatar PVOP events never caused trouble on your end?

- - - Updated - - -

Playing on EU realms, all players around me are from EU realms too.
    Then it's definetly a you problem. I live 2000km away from the nearest server. I ha e a PC that is under reccomended specs. Where's my lag? I would suggest using Google to find out what your problem is. Having a cry about something that isn't Blizzards fault will not solve it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    It also hits players with big glass fiber connections.

Like... i can download all of WoW in 15 minutes and have a 16ms ping to the League Servers, and you want to tell me the lagging out on rare mobs is on my part when everyone on the shard says in /1 they lag too? Lmao.

Edit: oh well , the first answer in this thread already set my expectations anyways.
    I doubt the people not lagging are going to say anything. So you're basing it only on the people that are. Also, downloading something is different to a data stream in game.

So once again, why should the People that don't get affected have something not be created because it affects others?

3+ Year Old Account
    For me the lag doesnt matter, i rly like this event for example and it doesnt matter if i can hit it 10 times or 2 times because of the lag, it doesnt make the experience worse.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I can clearly say its not a "him" problem. My main rig is a Ryzen 3900x, 32gb Ram RTX 3080 Full SSD's on a 1 Gig connection and I have seen lag like this on Bagman mainly, Skadi from time to time ect. My backup rig which is a I7-8700k with a 1080 Ti also sees these issues.
    Yet mine doesn't, so I guess its a you and his problem.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a r/woosh-moment if anything, lag doesnt have anything to do with your computers hardware, it has to do with networking.

Read the link I posted further up and you'll learn the difference.

Why people are getting so defensive over such a silly thing is beyond me.

Yet mine doesn't, so I guess its a you and his problem.
    You must be fun at parties. "I dont have that problem, it must be imaginary."
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose