Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I also think the Winter Queen is referring to Elune here, with Ysera being a "pet" in the sense that it was Elune who cleansed her and allowed her to pass on the Ardenweald for resurrection. Still think there's open lines of speculation, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    I don't think it's Elune, it's Eonar. The winter queen referenced Ysera as "my sister's Pet" and Eonar empowered Ysera to become the dragon aspect of the dream. I have no idea how anyone could link this to Elune.
    The eternal ones are a match to the Titans in power (With the exception of the Jailor who mirrors the power of Sargeras as in Titan++) if anything Elune has existed way before the titans during the ordering of the universe as stated in Legion. She's probably the first one.
    finally someones who realizes sargeras is far above a normal titan at this point. dude managed to kill the rest of them at once
    a fight between him and a fully released jailer would definitely be interesting
    or hell, make it sargeras vs jailer vs void titan vs azeroth and wed have a 4-way battle that would destroy half the cosmos
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

You realize that I didn't mean Pantheon Titan right? I meant Titan equivalent in the Shadowlands. "Sister" as in her parallel in the world of the living.
    Living > Emerald Dream> Eonar
    Death> Ardenweald> Winter Queen
    We've seen Wild Gods go to both those locations after death, even Ysera appears in the Emerald Dream after she got killed by Tyrande. She fights Xavius in the Raid and point us to the remnant of the void after he dies. She's still in the Dream, yet appears in Shadowlands.
    I get what you're saying but the Titan patheon is not part of life but of Order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just because she isn't a titan doesn't mean a titan can't be her sister in a metaphorical sense.
    Think less about a literal sister and more, say, like how people may call someone their brother or sister that they aren't related to.

Hell, I call my dog my brother, however I have no blood relation to him, and we are different species.

It's very possible that Eonar is her sister in a sense of they are both very significant beings in the realm of Life. Some of you really need to not take things so literally. Look up metaphors, learn metaphors. Metaphors are cool.

- - - Updated - - -

These people are incapable of thinking not completely literally.
    Yes it's possible that's in the metaphorical sense and yes i'm capable of understanding that it doesn't have to be a literal sister.

All i'm saying is that i'm interpreting it literally. I think there's nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I also think the Winter Queen is referring to Elune here, with Ysera being a "pet" in the sense that it was Elune who cleansed her and allowed her to pass on the Ardenweald for resurrection. Still think there's open lines of speculation, though.
    I agree, and i also agree there's multiple plausible theories.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I get what you're saying but the Titan patheon is not part of life but of Order.
    Does not change the fact that Eonar part of Order molded The Emerald Dream (Life). She's the Titan patron of Life and Nature

Does not change the fact that Eonar part of Order molded The Emerald Dream (Life). It's canon.
    So she ordered Azeroth and ordered it to have the Emerald Dream.

Just like Amanthul Ordered the time ways.

They still part of the realm of Order. But yes there's overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a topic on that yet (same for the Denathrius cinematic, which is insane imo). Adding spoiler tag in the title just in case, dunno if that's needed.

There is an on-going discussion about whom is the Winter Queen calling her "Sister" in this cinematic, but that'd be definitely exciting to have some background to Elune if that's her.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319407/...-fate-spoilers

Thank you for posting it. The game bugged and the video did not pop in the game for me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's possible that's in the metaphorical sense and yes i'm capable of understanding that it doesn't have to be a literal sister.

All i'm saying is that i'm interpreting it literally. I think there's nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, and i also agree there's multiple plausible theories.
    Okay, let's go with that.
    Let's say they are literal sisters.

They are also beings of tremendous power.
    What's to say they cannot be sisters, even though they are only alike in that they are these huge, incredible beings?
    Sisters of Life... no?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Sorry, but you're just wrong
    My information is always accurate.
    https://sagamer.co.za/2020/08/20/a-d...f-hibernation/
    “So the winter queen we wanted something that stood above the night fae and felt somewhat different than they were. And of course, she’s similar to other creatures like her that we’ve had in the past. You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death. So, that was sort of a starting point is that she’s a creature above and beyond the night fae themselves. She's part of a greater order.

Oh really? Can you give me a link to a YouTube video and indicate the minute and second? I'll be very grateful. Because all this nonsense about titan++ went from here https://web.archive.org/web/20200709...of-shadowlands

However, Windows Central wrote here https://web.archive.org/web/20200714...on-hazzykostas
    that he's just a Titan-level threat.

As I said, we DO NOT KNOW how strong they are. Perhaps Blizzard themselves have not decided yet. Your problem is that you don't look at ALL sources of information and draw conclusions too quickly.

Light is not God, Light is just power, he cannot have any chosen ones. Anduin's strength depends only on his faith. So I'll ask again. Do you really think Anduin can hold out even a few seconds against Sargeras?

Infracted.
    I fail to see why this was infracted, unless there was something edited out. Not to discuss mod related stuff or anything.

Anyway, I personally think it could be Eonar. We don't really know what Eonar is, do we? Though I've always assumed she is one of the "titans" (not an actual titan, though, maybe?) of the life plane.. Though sister could also mean sister in a non-related way, I suppose.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, this cinematic never played for me Ysera just awkwardly popped into view. All the other ones played and I have skip cinematics turned off.

I think it's neither Elune nor Eonar.

The most rational option would be the Summer Queen.

"Ardenweald can be compared to the Emerald Dream, but where the Dream represents the spring and summer of the cycle of life, Ardenweald reflects autumn and winter."

Bellular said, in one of his videos, as an Irish, he recognized Ardenweald being based on Irish mythology.

He talked about how Mists of Tirna Scithe takes its name from Tír na nÓg.

Similarly, he talks about how the Winter Queen is based on Beira, Queen of Winter (Cailleach), and how she has a counterpart Aíne, goddess of summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Interesting, this cinematic never played for me Ysera just awkwardly popped into view. All the other ones played and I have skip cinematics turned off.
    I think it's a bug with some addons.
    Even when all addons are turned off, like I had, yet the cinematic for Tyrande kicking Nathanos' ass never played.

Also, getting tons of LUA errors, yet no addons are enabled right now.

Also, @OP or anyone, how did we find this video, since it was unlisted? And where are the others? Come on, I want to spoil shit for myself right now. Not even 51 yet because work, I just wanna seeeeeeeeeee lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

"Ardenweald can be compared to the Emerald Dream, but where the Dream represents the spring and summer of the cycle of life, Ardenweald reflects autumn and winter."

Bellular said, in one of his videos, as an Irish, he recognized Ardenweald being based on Irish mythology.

Similarly, he talks about how the Winter Queen is based on Beira, Queen of Winter (Cailleach), and how she has a counterpart Aíne, goddess of summer.
    So the question is... who is the Summer Queen?

Still, Bellular, while right sometimes, is also very ready to jump on any chance to say some random crap for views/clicks.
    "A flower.

I think it's a bug with some addons.
    Even when all addons are turned off, like I had, yet the cinematic for Tyrande kicking Nathanos' ass never played.

Also, getting tons of LUA errors, yet no addons are enabled right now.

Also, @OP or anyone, how did we find this video, since it was unlisted? And where are the others? Come on, I want to spoil shit for myself right now. Not even 51 yet because work, I just wanna seeeeeeeeeee lol

- - - Updated - - -

So the question is... who is the Summer Queen?

Still, Bellular, while right sometimes, is also very ready to jump on any chance to say some random crap for views/clicks.
    Who is the Winter Queen? no one we knew until now. meaning, a new character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the Winter Queen? no one we knew until now. meaning, a new character.
    We've only just now entered the realms of Death.

Meanwhile, we've been in the realms of Life for literally millennia. Surely the Summer Queen is someone we at least have an inkling about.

Damn it, Blizzard, make my goddess Elune the one true Queen!
    "A flower.

This does fit, as Blizz loves to pull heavily from mythology. Surely everyone here knows the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian inspirations. Why not Celtic and Teutonic while we're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Wowhead. Denathrius cinematic is insane, go watch it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319413/...mber-this-less

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No none stays dead anymore it takes away any meaningful impact the Legion cinematic had, WoW is starting to feel like Marvel comics with the revolving door of resurrections. WoW has way too many characters as it is. If anything more need killing off... red wedding style if possible lol.

Cinematic is beautiful though. As always.
    Who are these people that have supposedly been resurrected? I can't think of anybody except for Wild Gods who explicitly have this as part of their deal, and the Ardenweald storyline is about how many of them had to be left to die permanently due to the drought, including Ursoc. Ysera also cannot ressurect due to the events there.

We've only just now entered the realms of Death.

Meanwhile, we've been in the realms of Life for literally millennia. Surely the Summer Queen is someone we at least have an inkling about.

Damn it, Blizzard, make my goddess Elune the one true Queen!
    Have we? can you go to the Emerald Dream right now, in game? no, you can just go to a small segment that leads to Val'sharah. and we mostly seen the Emerald Nightmare.

The Emerald Dream is as explored, in game, as the Shadowlands has been, prior to the Shadowlands expansion. meaning, almost nothing.

If there would be an Emerald Dream expansion, you can expect at least 6 zones, like they pulled with shadowlands. and if not, at least an Emerald Dream Dungeon/Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Wowhead. Denathrius cinematic is insane, go watch it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319413/...mber-this-less
    Thank you for that!

Is there no cinematic for completing Maldraxxus?

- - - Updated - - -

Have we? can you go to the Emerald Dream right now, in game? no, you can just go to a small segment that leads to Val'sharah. and we mostly seen the Emerald Nightmare.

The Emerald Dream is as explored, in game, as the Shadowlands has been, prior to the Shadowlands expansion. meaning, almost nothing.

If there would be an Emerald Dream expansion, you can expect at least 6 zones, like they pulled with shadowlands. and if not, at least an Emerald Dream Dungeon/Raid.
    Okay, fair point.

I thought the heart of the Emerald Dream, at least on Azeroth(?) was in Val'sharah.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No none stays dead anymore it takes away any meaningful impact the Legion cinematic had, WoW is starting to feel like Marvel comics with the revolving door of resurrections. WoW has way too many characters as it is. If anything more need killing off... red wedding style if possible lol.
    Horde heroes stay dead. Alliance heroes remain alive.

Maybe it's time some Horde heroes got resurrected while the Alliance can get their leaders killed off left and right for a change. See how they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Yes, a leaf falling from her crown seems to indicate that. Does that mean if the last leaf falls off she'll die? I wonder.

Winter Queen intrigues me. You can't help but feel drawn to her. Really gives off that overworked mommy energy. After the Primus, she has to be the most mysterious member of the eternal ones. I love her pained expression, you can tell she's deep in thought all the time. I really want to know what she's thinking about and what role she played in banishing the Jailer. Need more interactions with her stat.
    Yea she was super hesitant to intervene and it seems like she didn't want to spend anima (killing others) to save Ysera but when he mentioned that if they kept trying to save people then no one will be left. Like you said, that leave was telling, just seems like she expended her personal anima or even her life force. I wonder if she keeps doing it, then perhaps she is greatly weakened or could even die.

When i did the Ardenweald questline, i got the feeling she had a big role to play in imprisoning the Jailer, more so than the others. In my next playthrough i'm going to pay more attention.

And yea aside from Primus, she's by far one of the most interesting. Her realm also seems to be the most vulnerable due to the drought.