I assume this is a stupid attempt at dealing with server hopping for... reasons?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=319430/...ges-in-shadowl

If you don't want to read the article, they've changed how party phasing works - in BfA, you could join a group for a quest/rare and automatically be phased together will all your party members, in Shadowlands you have to go to a Sanctury (e.g. Oribos) to change your shard and be able to join the rest of your group. The tooltip suggests its deliberate.

I... honestly have no words.
    I'm stunned because there's NO logical situation where this is the correct solution. If they want to move toward "post server" tech then you should keep the automatic phasing. If they want to try and enforce some bizarre "server identity" with this then the solution is to not shard at all and just tell plays "don't like it, transfer off."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I wasted ten minutes today trying to make a group to kill a rare for a wanted quest, I just assumed phasing was broke from launch.
    I wanted to go do that 5-man quest in Maldraxxus and the only reason I was able to is because I run into people on my shard that were doing it. None of the groups was working. The only thing it did was confuse and annoy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We know pretty clerarly the timetable.

Ursoc went to Ardenweald.

Teldrassil went to the Maw.

Death broke somewhere between Emerald Nightmare and the BFA pre-event.

So was it Gul'dan? Helya? Kiljaedan? Or Argus?

Only one of those is part of a Cosmic Pantheon.
    the soul of Argus was used to seal Sargeras.

why do people keep forgetting this?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it is a temporary thing to "stabilize" servers during launch. Otherwise it seems dumb to put group quests in the game if it requires a sanctuary in order to switch.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The soul that broke the maw is Sylvanas Windrunner, throwing herself from ICC
    OK, you're officially either doing this in bad faith or have completely fucking lost it.

Devs literally confirmed things broke sometime around Legion.

A factor nobody is considering is, who is to say that a specific soul dying is what broke things? Who's to say someone didn't just flat out attack the Arbiter once empowered enough? The only flaw with that possibility is that the empowerment of The Jailer and Sylvanas happened after the Arbiter broke, so it couldn't have been them. The red may have indicated something related to Denathrius or the Dreadlords as a whole, but it is a very different looking red.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-11-24 at 10:38 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319430/...ges-in-shadowl

If you don't want to read the article, they've changed how party phasing works - in BfA, you could join a group for a quest/rare and automatically be phased together will all your party members, in Shadowlands you have to go to a Sanctury (e.g. Oribos) to change your shard and be able to join the rest of your group. The tooltip suggests its deliberate.

I... honestly have no words.
    What the f??

This trinket is insane !!!! I love it !

https://www.wowhead.com/item=175729/...out?bonus=6935

So much damage! And it can proc back to back, even though rare...it happened to me once.

3+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the Maw intro quests are skippable on alts?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Does anyone know if the Maw intro quests are skippable on alts?
    Does not seem

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    wait so you are saying that a titan of death might have returned to the plane of death??? similar to the titan of life and elunaria???
    No. Titans are beings of Order, therefore it would have gone to whatever the place of Order is. Even so-called "Death Titans", which is really more of a title than a real description.

Anybody else constantly clicking on Raids & Dungeons because of habit?

Anyone else's spells randomly turning Necrotic green? All of my abilities change to that color similar to the Green Fire but I don't see any buff. I basically look like a Necromancer now, it's really cool.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Is there a reason why the sky in Maldraxxus randomly turns dark?

I think that it wasn't a soul. Or anything that we did. It was Denathrius.

The trajectory of the red ball was very different from the one souls take. It looked more like it was a missile, fired at the Arbiter to disable her, not some corrupted soul that happened to have that effect.

Think about it:
    - The ball was red - Venthyr magic is red.
    - Denathrius is in league with the Jailer and he's the one responsible for the anima draught.
    - Anima draught probably required disabling the flow of souls, i.e. shutting down the Arbiter.
    - Denathrius is one of the oldest and powerful beings in the Shadowlands, so it's possible he
    knew how to break the Arbiter.

In other words - Denathrius had the motive and possibly the means to break the machine of death. Also, from the Jailer's point of view, it would make a lot more sense to have Denathrius (who the Jailer is most likely familiar with) shut down the Arbiter rather than go through the trouble of setting up a scenario in which the mortals (who the Jailer doesn't know) break something and hoping that they do so at exactly the right time.

Moreover, Denathrius doesn't die in the raid. It's not a coincidence - he's going to be used for something in the future. But what? Well, if he's the one who broke the Arbiter then it would make sense to keep him around, so that we can learn what he did to the Arbiter and how to undo it. That would be convenient and it would give Blizzard an easy way to keep the Venthyr relevant to the story even despite us dealing with their plot in the first raid.

From a more practical point of view - going with something like this would allow Blizzard to be more flexible with when the machine of death broke, i.e. they wouldn't have to plan around some event in our timeline, they could insert the breaking moment into it whenever they want or heck, maybe even not bother with explaining much at all.

Unless I missed some interview or whatever where they said the machine of death breaking had something to do with us, I think my theory might be correct - it fits and it's just... so convenient for Blizzard's writers that I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this.
    Just wanted to +1 this. After seeing the Revendreth end cinematic I agree that it is likely Denathrius. The red magic heading right for the Arbiter and him having basically orchestrated the entire draught and leeching of Anima to feed the jailor just makes to much sense compared to some random unforseen death breaking it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    This trinket is insane !!!! I love it !

https://www.wowhead.com/item=175729/...out?bonus=6935

So much damage! And it can proc back to back, even though rare...it happened to me once.
    Cant find the trinket name, but there was one I found while leveling that gave each of my spells a chance to do around 950 extra damage.... as an affliction lock lol.
    Also, the Darkglare seems to be able to extend the night fae dot Soul Rot, and the same dot also allows Malefic Rapture to deal more damage. So for elites, its UA, Agony, Corruption, SL, Phantom Singularity, Soul Rot, Haunt, Darkglare, 2 ticks of Drain Soul to get 9% damage then spam Malefic Rapture for some pretty impressive burst for a DOT spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Anyone else's spells randomly turning Necrotic green? All of my abilities change to that color similar to the Green Fire but I don't see any buff. I basically look like a Necromancer now, it's really cool.
    No, but I've noticed they sometimes turn that green/blue/black that you see a lot in Maldraxus.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No. Titans are beings of Order, therefore it would have gone to whatever the place of Order is. Even so-called "Death Titans", which is really more of a title than a real description.

Anybody else constantly clicking on Raids & Dungeons because of habit?
    so the realm of order was elunaria?? the place with a bunch of beings of life??
    the titan that had power over the cosmic force of life and called the life binder was totally not connected to life at all in any way

sarcasm aside
    1.aggramar was a full titan reborn
    2. the pantheon were full titans whereas argus was never truly born and we just sucked the world soul to the throne and manafested it
    3. canonically Argus died while red and just like when the cutscene with archimonde didnt show him in the nether then it would stand to reason the argus cutscene didnt need to show him as red
    4. pretty sure with the design of the titans the fact they had him called the "death titan" in the game files and his power was "unmaking" he can be called a titan of death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so the realm of order was elunaria??
    Eh... Elunaria was a planet.

Formerly known as Arafal

NIGHTFAE GANG

How amazing was the introduction quest when you join the Nightfae.
    I had a huge smile on my face on the entire thing.

That...was the cutest friggin thing ive seen my entire life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a good time in a dungeon, jump down into a different area, DC and now can't log back. Well, the smooth new expansion experience couldn't last forever

7+ Year Old Account
    Servers have been fucked all day long.

Ardenweald especially was a laggy mess.
    And now i'm stuck in an infinite loop of login queue-> dc -> login queue -> dc.

Edit: now we are back to pre-patch black character selection screens.

God damn it Blizzard.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-25 at 08:24 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal