Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Normals are for leveling...tank who is leveling in dungeons have to run around 40 of those dungeons to get to 60(there are only 4 instances open for leveling), Its safe to say he will do anything to not make it boring/slow. Normals are also super easy, so get used to it or play mythic, but you sound like those ppl who couldnt do Proving grounds in WOD to even start heroics so good luck with that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    When wasn't the game like this? I've played since just before the start of TBC and never have a had a group be like "hey guys fancy doing this a little slower". I'm actually a little confused as to why you would want to do them slowly, just sounds more boring to me.

Ive yet to go through a regular SL dungeon without someone attempting to vote kick someone, with 0 words said.

I agree with OP that it is getting kind of ridiculous. People need to realise it is week one, most of the players are still exploring. I had a tank rage quitting on day 2, when trash was pulled accidentally. Seriously, have some patience.

But this isn’t just a WoW problem. In Destiny 2 you will see the exact same thing in Strikes. New to the game/Strike? Though luck, your random teammates will sprint trough the Strike to the bosses, and you are left out, having no clue how to abuse the ‘shortcuts’.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Nothing stops you from creating groups manually with like-minded people.
    Incorrect - something in fact does stop me creating my own groups manually - namely the complete lack of healers and tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nothing? I guess the good ole "join a guild and run with them" or "role a tank" or "make your own groups" is out of the window?
    Guilds, like the general population have the same issue - and that is lack of tanks or healers.

So that doesn't help me get my mage through content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    In this instance, blizzard is 100% to blame.
    Incorrect - Blizzard is putting huge amounts of effort in to hinder the bad behaviour, but people just keep finding new ways to destroy the fun.

e.g. An Alliance stooge creating a group for a rare, when you join 20 horde are waiting on the group creator's realm to splat you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    [B]People are so afraid of communicating ingame,
    Absolutely - takes an hour to get into a run, I'm not going to do anything to attract attention - I aim to be middling dps, say nothing and be neither the best or the worst.

Attract attention - and you get kicked, that's more than an hour of wasted time.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This is honestly why I don't do content I can't que for.

As a tank I get tired of the rush rush bullshit. Legit day 1 had a dps telling me to rush and because all 4 of the other people was in the same guild I couldn't say dick. Could have left but I wanted to finish my quest and move on.

People treat tanks and healers like shit and wonder why there is a lack of them. I will pull at the pace I am comfortable at and these rush rush people can piss off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    Ive yet to go through a regular SL dungeon without someone attempting to vote kick someone, with 0 words said.
    Yep - if you are the only clothie (for example) and there are three leather wearers - out you go so they can try and get another leather wearer to increase loot sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    People treat tanks and healers like shit
    The only problems I ever have are from healers and tanks that can get into a queue in minutes - dps are too scared to make trouble after an hour's wait to get in and another hour's wait if they get kicked.

Mostly tanks/healers that have run dungeons several times criticising dps who are struggling to get their first run of something.

They need to change the party model to be THDDDD to make the dps queues shorter.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

While I agree that people are moving ridiculously fast-- the expac is barely a week old and everyone's already doing the gear-up grind for high-level mythic + dungeons -- there ARE people out there, if you're willing to look for them.

And for what it's worth, I notice the OP of this thread is now banned. Read her original post and you can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The only problems I ever have are from healers and tanks that can get into a queue in minutes - dps are too scared to make trouble after an hour's wait to get in and another hour's wait if they get kicked.

Mostly tanks/healers that have run dungeons several times criticising dps who are struggling to get their first run of something.

They need to change the party model to be THDDDD to make the dps queues shorter.
    The problem is everyone criticizing everyone. People need to chill the hell out and if you want to be all rush rush rush then make a group for it. If you are random quing expect the dungeon to go at the pace the tank/healer are ok with.

I take my time because the healer may be new or I may be new to the dungeon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I mean, I never queue for a dungeon that I don't have time to do at a "normal" pace. I'd say...6-7 out of 10 times I queue up and get a group with a newer tank or healer so we end up having to take it at a normal pace for them. Cool with me. If I get in with a gogogo no time wasting group, cool. I can do that too.

Edit: That said, this mentality IS why i don't queue with my healers or tanks anymore. I only run them with people I actually know.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I mean, I never queue for a dungeon that I don't have time to do at a "normal" pace
    If the queue wasn't an hour long, then maybe more dps wouldn't be in a hurry either to finish at least one dungeon in a night.

If the queue wasn't an hour long, then maybe more dps wouldn't be in a hurry either to finish at least one dungeon in a night.
    If your que is a hour long as a DPS then something is wrong because I haven't had ques like that in years. Its even been much shorter since the SL Pre-Patch and launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If your que is a hour long as a DPS then something is wrong
    The thing that is wrong is hour long queues

Incorrect - Blizzard is putting huge amounts of effort in to hinder the bad behaviour, but people just keep finding new ways to destroy the fun.
    Their decision to shorten the pre-season lead time for the expansion from 3-4 weeks to 2 weeks was a very poor one in this regard, and they deserve some culpability when discussing the "gotta go fast" toxic attitudes.

In all seriousness find a guild with equal mind set, skill level, and humor as you. It may take some time, you may even find guilds with people you like playing with. But the game is on a completely different level when your playing with people with the same skill level, mind set, and humor as you. I recently switched guilds at the end of BfA and this has been the greatest launch week for me yet. There is no "can we pull a little smaller" or "LETS GO" its just jokes and "do we have time for another?"
    Last edited by music49; 2020-11-30 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Their decision to shorten the pre-season lead time for the expansion from 3-4 weeks to 2 weeks
    This affects a TINY TINY proportion of high end players... the average person discussing this stuff is NOT running with pre made organised progression teams. Guaranteed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    In all seriousness find a guild with equal mind set, skill level, and humor as you. It may take some time,
    Well, I've not found one that can cater for autistic players in 15 years of searching - in excess of 30 guilds.

So - the rational assumption is that it doesn't exist.

Incorrect - something in fact does stop me creating my own groups manually - namely the complete lack of healers and tanks.
    Well, there at least 20 people in this thread that complain about the exact same thing as you do. I bet you can find a tank and healer among them.
    And not all groups are started by a tank or a healer. That goes both for slow runs or runs where skill matters. I mean I started plenty of of m+ runs in BFA and I play a hunter.

Join/create a guild, make a community for slow groups, advertise in your realm chat.
    By the way there are plenty of cross-guild communities, at least here in the EU, that focus on the non-competitive side of grouping. There are also achievement communities and the majority of those members are as casual as they come.

And if you have tried all of the above and still can't get into any groups or can't get other people to join you then we must conclude it is a you-problem.

I would like to ask you another question:
    You are saying there is a complete lack of healers and tanks, but whom are those missing healers and tanks playing with? Or are you suggesting that nobody plays healer or tanki?

Well, there at least 20 people in this thread that complain about the exact same thing as you do. I bet you can find a tank and healer among them.
    Probably a tank and healer among the stacks of dps ..

Join/create a guild, make a community for slow groups, advertise in your realm chat.
    Hasn't worked for 15 years... and you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You are saying there is a complete lack of healers and tanks, but whom are those missing healers and tanks playing with?
    Playing solo, with a LFD run every so often when they can afford the time.

One DPS I know just farms stuff to make gold and does all the world content, another just plays the auction house and doesn't do any content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    What do you want the tank to do, RP walk around so people can look at the trees?
    haha exactly,people like the OP thinks and wants the world to revolve around their little ego,does he not realise that those gogogogogoog people maybe did take the time to look at the pweety twees the first time they were there and that this time its their 20ths run?OP is simply being selfish here

if you wanna enjoy the dungeon you know u can zone in alone...or...find some rp guild

Probably a tank and healer among the stacks of dps ..

Hasn't worked for 15 years... and you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Playing solo, with a LFD run every so often when they can afford the time.

One DPS I know just farms stuff to make gold and does all the world content, another just plays the auction house and doesn't do any content.
    Sorry dude, but if other people can do it and you can't... then it is a you-problem.
    If you lack the social/game skills to attract other people to play with you then nobody can help you.
    And you don't need much in the social skill department.
    In my current guild there are plenty of players that never say anything, never start their own groups, but are taken along if we lack someone. It just requires that you have the absolute minimum of skill.