Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sounds like you don't actually play with strangers very much. And shocker, you won't see a lot of toxicity if you only play with friends. I don't bother doing any "hard" content anymore because it's not worth the headache of rage quitters and all the other nonsense that I curiously never have to deal with in Destiny 2.
    Must "forget" about negative encounters. Why is your experience more valuable than mine with very likely more than a 1k dungeons on my belt through out the bfa?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Some people are assholes though and think they are good but are REALLY REALLY BAD and then try to blame it on someone else in the group, it happens a lot lol.
    Maybe I just don't play at the levels you people do that much. As soon as I graduate from mythic 0, I essentially never go back unless I want the satchel or am doing my weekly or something.

As soon as I graduate from M+5, I absolutely never EVER go back. The initial climb out of IO hell is infuriating due to the amount of incompetence there. But I do hear people bitch and moan a lot about "waaah how am I supposed to climb IO, soo toxic!"

Maybe this is where these people typically exist and I just outgrow it so fast I never get an opportunity to see it in the numbers you people apparently do. I literally had 1 toxic experience (player wise) all of BFA. I suppose having a guild and being in the small group of the best players in that group and not NEEDING to go outside of that group to find people to play with helps, but... well... people have said that 10090971623 times.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Hey, if I've done a run with competent people and I know what it's capable of being, I'm shooting for that, whether or not my group can support it. If they aren't capable of getting in that same realm of performance minimum I arbitrarily set in my mind, that's a them problem that they are now making a problem I have to deal with. Fuck them for their inconsiderate-ness. I go through all this effort to be good and know what I'm doing. They can, too.

Bruh my first exposure to toxicity was DOTA and the leagues they had with automated bots that would autokick people in WC3 battle net. Imagine being me, a lowly peasant who had no idea WTF they were doing or how to play, joining and getting shit talked/shat on and banned from almost every league out there. I did my research, played random games that weren't "leagues" until I got good, made a new account, and got right back into those leagues like a month later after I had gotten good and then basically never had to play with another bad player (like what I was when I started) again. It was glorious. It's how M+ and apping to groups works now and it's honestly why I love the M+ elitist community so much.

If I can do it, someone else can. If they can't, then I'm happy to not be playing with them anyways. If they can't learn to swim on their own, wtf do I care?
    So true. I think the first online game I have ever played was Starcraft nearly 20 years ago and the very first words I read in chat were:" fucking noob"

All the dudes who wished me cancer or had a relationship with my mother... Sometimes I miss the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that my guild is almost useless for doing mythic runs since all the tanks are basically spoken for and have their own groups even inside the guild.
    That's where another seemingly little known feature comes in: communities. They essentially function like massive transrealm guilds and so far it's been a great place to source extra members or even entire groups.

Sure they aren't as close as an actual guild but they're usually much nicer than PUGgers. Went with a shitty new Brewmaster from one of these communities yesterday and he announced right away that this was his first time tanking. The run may have taken 50% longer than normal with a wipe or two but it's better than no run at all.

Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Must "forget" about negative encounters. Why is your experience more valuable than mine with very likely more than a 1k dungeons on my belt through out the bfa?
    Because my experience reflects a pretty general community sentiment that almost everyone agrees on, and yours is an extreme outlier. Look at how many people in this thread are openly defending and encouraging toxic behavior.

And the Destiny 2 community similarly known for its positivity and lack of toxicity.

This is literally something we've had meetings to discuss at work, to compare and contrast the communities of games and sort out how and why communities go in certain directions.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

And the Destiny 2 community similarly known for its positivity and lack of toxicity.
    Destiny 2 community has no chat by default, so even if you want to shit talk someone, they probably won't see it. As well, the random match-made PVE content in destiny is solo-able due to the way the game works (no tanks, no healers, no CC, minimal mechanics).

Source: I have a code for a raid jacket from the new raid (meaning I cleared it first week, but really my team cleared it first day). I also have conqueror title and numerous flawless raid runs.

This is literally something we've had meetings to discuss at work, to compare and contrast the communities of games and sort out how and why communities go in certain directions.
    Step 1) Make failure inevitable, even if players suck
    Step 2) Remove forms of communication

That's it. That's how you get a "non-toxic" community. If you actually think destiny is non-toxic, you obviously haven't been on boards, or gone to a LFG discord, or joined a random raid group with voice being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    You're going to have a hard time with life.
    Lifes great actually but thanks for your concern.

Destiny 2 community has no chat by default, so even if you want to shit talk someone, they probably won't see it. As well, the random match-made PVE content in destiny is solo-able due to the way the game works (no tanks, no healers, no CC, minimal mechanics).

Source: I have a code for a raid jacket from the new raid (meaning I cleared it first week, but really my team cleared it first day). I also have conqueror title and numerous flawless raid runs.

Step 1) Make failure inevitable, even if players suck
    Step 2) Remove forms of communication

That's it. That's how you get a "non-toxic" community. If you actually think destiny is non-toxic, you obviously haven't been on boards, or gone to a LFG discord, or joined a random raid group with voice being used.
    I pug things ALL THE TIME in destiny with voice. I've spent the last few days pugging DSC (since I also finished it day one) just to help new groups get through it before the reset. Zero of those groups went toxic, even when some of them got completely stuck and had to give up. I also regularly PUG nightfalls and higher level Empire Hunts. I've pugged dozens of times since Beyond Light launched. Zero negative encounters, and that is the norm in Destiny 2.

The norm in WoW is vomitous levels of hate and bile for "wasting" even 2 seconds of someone's time.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So true. I think the first online game I have ever played was Starcraft nearly 20 years ago and the very first words I read in chat were:" fucking noob"

All the dudes who wished me cancer or had a relationship with my mother... Sometimes I miss the old days.
    In those games, sc, cs, dota etc, being toxic is actually part of the play, to try and get under the skin of your opponent. Had so many good csgo matches where we are under 0-7 and that one guy that owns us suddenly bites on my bait and when I kill him I get momentum. It's not you're mother is a whore, you have to go attack his ego in the match.

In WoW however, this doesn't make any sense, it's just throwing tantrums that hinders your own progress.

WoW has been famous for a highly toxic community for years. So much so that it deters new players from even giving it a shot. Ive been talking about shadowlands in my FC on ffxiv, guilds on GW2, and even on lotro, i always get the same reaction from them that they hear about how horrible the community is and refuse to give it a shot.

Maybe I just don't play at the levels you people do that much. As soon as I graduate from mythic 0, I essentially never go back unless I want the satchel or am doing my weekly or something.

As soon as I graduate from M+5, I absolutely never EVER go back. The initial climb out of IO hell is infuriating due to the amount of incompetence there. But I do hear people bitch and moan a lot about "waaah how am I supposed to climb IO, soo toxic!"

Maybe this is where these people typically exist and I just outgrow it so fast I never get an opportunity to see it in the numbers you people apparently do. I literally had 1 toxic experience (player wise) all of BFA. I suppose having a guild and being in the small group of the best players in that group and not NEEDING to go outside of that group to find people to play with helps, but... well... people have said that 10090971623 times.
    I am with you now, I don't worry about anything beyond mythic 0 unless my guild is involved in some way. Too much crap dealing with assholes that think their shit don't stink.

I don't understand the issues.

You can play solo, and endure\tolerate some issues.
    You can play with friends.
    You can join a guild and see if it fits, if you haven't one. If it doesn't, try a new one.

Any interaction you have on the internet, be it message boards, reddit, games, social media, can lead to toxic shenanigans, it's the nature of the internet, and its anonimity.

People need to stop being so weird about it. It's been like this for the past 20 years as the internet went 'mainstream'.

Zero negative encounters, and that is the norm in Destiny 2.
    It honestly might be, but it's hard, if not impossible to ascribe it to anything other than luck that one community turned out the way it did. D2 sucked it's first year and eroded a majority of it's player base down to it's hardcore fans.

Nightfalls (the puggable ones) are faceroll. Every level of hunt is faceroll. The raid isn't, but you intentionally went out to join groups that probably had an initial understanding of what to expect. If they had matchmaking for DSC, I guarantee there would be more toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Welcome to World of Warcraft in 2020.
    Welcome to the internet in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Welcome to the internet in 2020.
    I've seen people claim this, but it's actually the opposite IMO. In the early 2000s the internet was the wild west of no regulation or moderation of any kind and companies constantly said "online experience not rated by ESRB." It was consistently my favorite time of the interweb. Limewire, torrents, toxicity... what a time to be alive.

Over time, communities have gotten stricter and started to add systems to combat it mainly because it became more mainstream and Karen couldn't stand seeing her poor babies bullied by some other person in virtual reality.

That's the internet in 2020, because the generation that populates these spaces know that anonymity allows for no-holds barred behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    WoW has been famous for a highly toxic community for years. So much so that it deters new players from even giving it a shot. Ive been talking about shadowlands in my FC on ffxiv, guilds on GW2, and even on lotro, i always get the same reaction from them that they hear about how horrible the community is and refuse to give it a shot.
    It's their loss tho, WoW is not that toxic, I really have never heard about WoW being toxic community game. My friends excuse is "cartoonish graphics" every time without failure.
    Moba games and very likely CS:GO are the icons of in game toxicity. You don't even need to "hear" about it. Just do some ranked games and you are bound to see someone shit talking someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    [ive grown up since and dont care for trivial stuff like that anymore] more power to those that do but its just not for me anymore, life is too busy for that
    I also have a friend who only recently finnished his education and got a job.
    He "never has time anymore".

Meanwhile i juggle a fulltime job, a wife and 2 kids and still have time to get heroic cleared in the first few weeks of each new raid.

Grownups know how to manage their time and they dont come up with excuses for why stuff is beneath them and they dont have "time" for it.

It honestly might be, but it's hard, if not impossible to ascribe it to anything other than luck that one community turned out the way it did. D2 sucked it's first year and eroded a majority of it's player base down to it's hardcore fans.

Nightfalls (the puggable ones) are faceroll. Every level of hunt is faceroll. The raid isn't, but you intentionally went out to join groups that probably had an initial understanding of what to expect. If they had matchmaking for DSC, I guarantee there would be more toxicity.
    But this is a 1:1 comparison. We are talking about pugging in both cases.

And Ive pugged 1280 nightfalls and empire hunts. No problems. I wouldn't call those faceroll (alright maybe the hunts).

Many of the groups I did were 5 man teams of friends I sherpad, but many weren't. Some were all randos. No problems.

And this is the norm, yet it is not the norm in wow. Virtually the opposite is the norm in wow. I have a lot of reasons I think why, which I can back up with design based arguments, but a lot of people here denying the issue are insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I also have a friend who only recently finnished his education and got a job.
    He "never has time anymore".

Meanwhile i juggle a fulltime job, a wife and 2 kids and still have time to get heroic cleared in the first few weeks of each new raid.

Grownups know how to manage their time and they dont come up with excuses for why stuff is beneath them and they dont have "time" for it.
    This. Most of my Destiny 2 raid group has kids and serious professions.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    none of what you said actually justify being toxic, try again
    Do you need a reason to be toxic now? What would that even change? Is it ever okay to be toxic? xD