Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soul ash on a fresg 60 alt during week 3

Am i able to earn 1250 during this week with the few hundred you get from starting toghast queat chain amongst other sources this or will i still be gated?

You should be able to get the week 1 maximum of 810 (including the 200 from the week 1 quest) + the 100 from the week 2 special quest for 910.

I don't think there is any catch up for soul ash.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If you do both L6 for 485 each and one-time quests for 300 you'd get 1270 ash.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no catchup for Soul Ash, Stygia, or Anima.

Doesn't need to be either - Anima/Stygia have a very minor effect on combat (Anima in terms of the rare epic gear you "could" get before you have access to better, and Stygia for Conduit fishing as well as gear sockets)

While Soul Ash is needed for legendaries (And eventual upgrading), once Blizz opens up all the Layers for Torghast you'll be able to get essentially enough Soul Ash for a legendary AND extra each week - And since you can only equip one, having 20 different legendaries isn't exactly a power increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There is no catchup for Soul Ash, Stygia, or Anima.

Doesn't need to be either - Anima/Stygia have a very minor effect on combat (Anima in terms of the rare epic gear you "could" get before you have access to better, and Stygia for Conduit fishing as well as gear sockets)

While Soul Ash is needed for legendaries (And eventual upgrading), once Blizz opens up all the Layers for Torghast you'll be able to get essentially enough Soul Ash for a legendary AND extra each week - And since you can only equip one, having 20 different legendaries isn't exactly a power increase.
    No, but having a higher ilvl legendary is a power increase, and you only get enough soul ash for a 190, not the 235.

Then again, that's only 3-4 weeks, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    Am i able to earn 1250 during this week with the few hundred you get from starting toghast queat chain amongst other sources this or will i still be gated?
    nope you will be forever 2 resets of ash behind.

blizzard was always lieing when telling about this expansion being alt-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Alt is not your second main. They are not supostu be on same power level. Nothing wrong with Blizzard just with entilted players what somehow think that all alts should be on same compettive level as their main.

oh noez....m,y freshly dinged alt isnt on the same power level as my months old mythic main....the tragedy

But isn't layers 4-6 open thuse able to earn more so its like 1 and a bit behind or?

You can't be behind forever because ash is capped at 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    But isn't layers 4-6 open thuse able to earn more so its like 1 and a bit behind or?
    doesnt change the fact that you will be forever 1220 ahs behind anyone who cleared them on week 1 and 2

the further down the line you will hit 60 the more behind you will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    You can't be behind forever because ash is capped at 8k.
    ofc you can

so what if you put in 5400 ash into legendary A when blizzard nerfs it and legendary B will be your new bis

have fun farming thorgast forever

this is all blizzard has to do to pump the players metrics in month time

There is no catch up for Soul Ash, however the maximum layer count will rise on reset so you will be able to earn more Soul Ash than previously. There is however a cap to it, so players can't just hoard it forever.

doesnt change the fact that you will be forever 1220 ahs behind anyone who cleared them on week 1 and 2

the further down the line you will hit 60 the more behind you will be.

- - - Updated - - -

ofc you can

so what if you put in 5400 ash into legendary A when blizzard nerfs it and legendary B will be your new bis

I guess but unless you want several legendaries its not gonna really matter too much

ofc you can

That's quite an amount of 'if's.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What makes you think you have any right to judge how anyone conducts their game? Just curious really, I am always impressed at how low these forums can get.
    well its not really a judgement,its just that if the game worked that way it wouldnt be an mmo anymore it would basicaly be call of duty multiplayer

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Torghast. It was ok but there is no way it is interesting enough to run ad nauseam just for legendaries. I know they are a requisite for certain players, but not for me. So I am not complaining. I don't want them to change the system. Just saying I say fuck off to the system.

ofc you can

Oh noes, you have a reason to play the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I tried Torghast. It was ok but there is no way it is interesting enough to run ad nauseam just for legendaries. I know they are a requisite for certain players, but not for me. So I am not complaining. I don't want them to change the system. Just saying I say fuck off to the system.
    What do you do in the game? Just curious about your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    That's quite an amount of 'if's.
    I would say the guy know blizz. Legion unholy bracers say hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    What do you do in the game? Just curious about your perspective.
    Outdoor content. M0 dungeons especially during the bonus week. Old raids. Yeah I am a filthy casual.

To be more clear, I had fun to discover what Torghast is made of. The power up system is great. But after 6 floors, it became repetitive. I don't think legendaries will be enough to convince me to persist.
    Last edited by Baine; 2020-12-08 at 09:19 PM.