Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    SL has too many problems and too few contents. It will be deserted by players faster than ever.
    I fear excessively timegating the rather small amount of content won't help either.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

there is so much to do in SL, The best part about it is that it doesn't hold your hand. It's not suggesting GF on WQ's, The map isn't marking the secrets and hidden rewards, And the tier just opened up...

bad troll post is bad

SL has some of the worst (not all of them) features of Legion and BFA:
    - Anima grinding
    - impossible to balance covenants
    - over complicated systems: legendaries, soulbinds and conduits are just legion's legos and relics, which is totally unnecessary, and only makes the game loot table bloated and over complicated.

BFA has less zones, instead of warfront/island, we have Torghast, Which is the only new thing of SL so far. It is a boring, grinding and timegating content. And I am not impressed by it so far.

I hope 9.1, 9.2 will bring something new. If not, this will fail harder than BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Close to my schedule, except i drop PVP out and run min of 4 M+ on each toon. I am actively gearing 3 toons as well. I have plenty of stuff to do. Yet i dont feel pressured on anything. Its a great mix that keeps me (2-4 hour a night) very happy.
    I haven't done any pvp yet but added it in case I do. Could also do maw dailies for those sockets eventually. Im very hype this xpac. Feel like it was made for my schedule. I play 3 hours a day 3x during the week. With random time at night on weekends. Currently only gearing 1 right now. When reg mythics are done, it shld be easy to keep a 2nd char geared
    Last edited by ellieg; 2020-12-09 at 04:48 PM.

SL has too many problems and too few contents. It will be deserted by players faster than ever.
    Yeah. I can tell you do not play. Your post is just false and a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

SL has some of the worst (not all of them) features of Legion and BFA:
    - Anima grinding
    - impossible to balance covenants
    - over complicated systems: legendaries, soulbinds and conduits are just legion's legos and relics, which is totally unnecessary, and only makes the game loot table bloated and over complicated.

BFA has less zones, instead of warfront/island, we have Torghast, Which is the only new thing of SL so far. It is a boring, grinding and timegating content. And I am not impressed by it so far.

I hope 9.1, 9.2 will bring something new. If not, this will fail harder than BFA.
    The anima is not a grind. Its a "weekly", quest that you can do easily playing 20 mins a day.

All other anima is for your covemant. All which is cosmetic and not required.

The covenants are actually prett balance and are only a few % different according to all top players.

If you find those complicates that is sad on your part.

Compared to BfA I'm having so much fun this expansion - I'm grown adult and I'm happy that the content is semi-capped, because I could take my time leveling/gearing etc.,
    Now that the raids, m+ and pvps are open there is basically no gating at all, so don't cry so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The anima is not a grind. Its a "weekly", quest that you can do easily playing 20 mins a day.
    YYeah, it takes like 10-15 WQ's that reward anima to get it done. Not a big deal at all.

Yeah. I can tell you do not play. Your post is just false and a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

All other anima is for your covemant. All which is cosmetic and not required.

The covenants are actually prett balance and are only a few % different according to all top players.

If you find those complicates that is sad on your part.
    Your argument is meaningless.

You can believe whatever and say exactly the same on BFA:
    - Azerite power is not a grind
    - Traits and corruptions are pretty balanced and only few % according to xyz
    - Azerite/essence/corruption/legendary system is simple.

You know it is a lie. Just come back in 2 months and see how many players complain and left.

You should try playing it instead of making such claims which are absolutely false.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not having as much fun as I did in legion. I don't even know if I enjoyed BFA more yet. For the first time, I stopped doing dailies and didn't play for a few days because I was just... bored out of my mind.

I wanted to have a blast with the covenant. Then I saw it was gated behind weeklies.

I wanted to have a blast with PvP. Then I saw the gear was gated behind weekly unlocks.

I wanted to have a blast with old raids for vanity gear. Then I saw the scaling was broken.

I wanted to have fun with torghast. Then I saw the levels were gated behind weekly unlocks.

I even wanted to have fun with legendaries. Then I saw my legendary power was locked in the vaults... which is a weekly chance of drop.

Every turn I take, there's a gating process. I hate it with a passion. So instead, I'm thinking about unsubbing for a while and come back a month before the next patch hit. At least then I'll have content I can do.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YYeah, it takes like 10-15 WQ's that reward anima to get it done. Not a big deal at all.
    His post was wrong in saying its 20 mins, but there's 2 weekly for 250 anima each. Can rush thru them on normal difficulty if ud like. Depending on role, that's under an hour. I think world boss always give 250. So that's 750. Then 2 or 3 wqs will cap it. Also can get anima elsewhere but this way is pretty fast and takes 2 hours.

At least with mythic+ and heroic castle out this week there's some content. I finished all my mythics tuesday and then I logged on once a day to do my callings last week then immediately logged off. Already have my 2 BiS legendaries, already had in full mythic gear, already leveled my professions and I honestly didn't play all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You should try playing it instead of making such claims which are absolutely false.
    Check my join date. I know exactly what I am talking about after playing this game for over 15 years and have already 3 x level 60 in SL.

Compare SL to previous expansions, it has least zones and dungeons so far. The dungeons are fine, but none of them give the amazing feeling as Freehold or Waycrest Manor at the start of BFA. I am sure the mythic+ and raid will be good as usual.

The only new things in SL so far is covenant and Torghast. Covenant should be cosmetic only from the start. We all know it won't be balanced and blizzard didn't pull the ripcord. It will do more harm and good in long term for sure.

Torghast is not impressive so far. It is an upgraded version of vision, a weekly grind of meaningless trash for soul ash.

Soulbinds/conduits are absolutely unnecessary and will only cause more problems.

Blizzard adopts over-complicated system and time-gating content to keep player engagement metrics. But it has big negative side.

Check my join date. I know exactly what I am talking about after playing this game for over 15 years and have already 3 x level 60 in SL.

Compare SL to previous expansions, it has least zones and dungeons so far. The dungeons are fine, but none of them give the amazing feeling as Freehold or Waycrest Manor at the start of BFA. I am sure the mythic+ and raid will be good as usual.

The only new things in SL so far is covenant and Torghast. Covenant should be cosmetic only from the start. We all know it won't be balanced and blizzard didn't pull the ripcord. It will do more harm and good in long term for sure.

Torghast is not impressive so far. It is an upgraded version of vision, a weekly grind of meaningless trash for soul ash.

Soulbinds/conduits are absolutely unnecessary and will only cause more problems.

Blizzard adopts over-complicated system and time-gating content to keep player engagement metrics. But it has big negative side.
    What my join date has to do with anything?
    Again, turn on the game, because you clearly only read the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivaris View Post
    Greetings!

I know this will be unpopular since a lot of us are still in the honeymoon phase of a new expansion but ... out of all the expansions Shadowlands has the least launch date content yet.

Why? Even when not rushing but just considering the numbers I am out of things after 16 hours of playtime on level 60. Taking in another 12 hours of leveling that's about 25 hours of initial content that I have experienced on one character before I reach all the timegating limits. This is including the mythic dungeons, gearing up, torghast, all the campaign quests leading up to the limit, quite a few world quests and a bit pvp.

I remember having 26 hours on level 120 with BFA when I ran out of things before the timegating set in, legion was even bigger with over 40 hours (played a full week on level 110 before end of things).

I know what you might say now - play another character to experience another covenant, or it's your own fault because you rushed. Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.

Seriously that is not much playtime for a 40 Euro expansion. We're talking about initial content here not the timegating content that sets in week after week and forces you to subscribe longer and longer which in return costs you money again. And even those 25 hours where stretched wherever possible with no mounts in the Maw, scarce flight points, no flight whistle etc.

I am bit disappointed at the moment - sure the dungeons are fun, the raiding will be fun but content wise? It's a bummer when also considering that a lot of content is used assets like Maldraxxus or Ardenweald.

Happy to hear your side of things or did I miss something?

Stay civil!

Best wishes
    Which I love, I love being able to log on and do a daily or 3 and be done for the day. and I can run my Mythics for the week for gear and raid a night or 2 a week and be done.

Quantity past a certain point is irrelevant. BFA had more quantity as OP alludes. Do you want BFA back?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Which I love, I love being able to log on and do a daily or 3 and be done for the day. and I can run my Mythics for the week for gear and raid a night or 2 a week and be done.
    That's the best feeling. Didnt feel that since MoP (or WoD , but didnt play that much)

Sure the Ap grinding was not fun, but I dont think that was the only thing that ennoyed players .
    Tbh, in bfa I didnt give a shit about AP, except early early game. The worst feature was the titanforging and warforging procs, you must do all the WQ with trinkets and gear in the hope of getting a proc, LFR, heroic dungeons etc, that was so overwhelming , you had a constant feeling that you can get a better piece of gear everywhere.

Now, you get the piece of gear, it s done. You want a better piece ? Go on higher difficulty. You want sockets ? Farm stygias.

You can actually play the game, and not feeling like you have another job.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What my join date has to do with anything?
    Again, turn on the game, because you clearly only read the forums.
    OK, totally useless argument.

Your argument is meaningless.

You can believe whatever and say exactly the same on BFA:
    - Azerite power is not a grind
    - Traits and corruptions are pretty balanced and only few % according to xyz
    - Azerite/essence/corruption/legendary system is simple.

You know it is a lie. Just come back in 2 months and see how many players complain and left.
    You....literally called anima a power grind. It is not. You have an entire week to do it. I did it this morning gettimg all 1000 and it took me 15 minutes. I will not have to touch anima again till next week. You do not have to ever grind anima daily, as ALL excess anima is simple cosmetic and gives no player power.

Covenants are extremely balanced right now. Only 2-4% difference from the top to bottom.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I did it this morning and it took me 15 minutes to go from 0 to 1000.

Also you have A WEEK. It is not daily. Do 1 world quest a day and you will get it by reset.

You....literally called anima a power grind. It is not. You have an entire week to do it. I did it this morning gettimg all 1000 and it took me 15 minutes. I will not have to touch anima again till next week. You do not have to ever grind anima daily, as ALL excess anima is simple cosmetic and gives no player power.

Covenants are extremely balanced right now. Only 2-4% difference from the top to bottom.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I did it this morning and it took me 15 minutes to go from 0 to 1000.

Also you have A WEEK. It is not daily. Do 1 world quest a day and you will get it by reset.
    What do u do to get 1k anima in 15 mins?