Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Surprise surprise, people have different opinions on things. Anything else you just discovered?

Personally I am enjoying Torghast so far. It's pretty challenging, but not hard enough for me not to be able to beat it. Some of the anima powers are crazy and make the gameplay very interesting. Love running it, especially with friends.

Some people are criticizing the length, but personally I can't really see myself running 70 floors of this in a row. Getting through a 6-floor layer takes us about 30-40 minutes depending on RNG and I think that's just enough of time I want to devote at one time. If I'm feeling the need for more, I just run the 2nd torghast option. The endless corridors or whatever it's called might be fun, but if it's as long as 30 floors in a row, I will have to set aside a lot of time for it.

The theme of SL seems to be that a lot of the content is optional and not tied to player power. So if you don't like it...just don't do it. It's pretty simple
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am glad you asked. Yes, you are out of touch.
    Agreed.

To answer the original post's question:

It is amazing... to me (and many others).
    It's expansive content that I can do at my own pace, with potential the potential to expand in many ways.

Not everybody will like everything.
    Don't stay, if you don't like it.

They said it was fun because it is.

Whiny forum posters don't think anything is fun.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I actually want to level alts just to do Torghast runs on them. I really like the interesting upgrades. Mostly you end up feeling pretty powerful by the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Surprise surprise, people have different opinions on things. Anything else you just discovered?

Personally I am enjoying Torghast so far. It's pretty challenging, but not hard enough for me not to be able to beat it. Some of the anima powers are crazy and make the gameplay very interesting. Love running it, especially with friends.

Some people are criticizing the length, but personally I can't really see myself running 70 floors of this in a row. Getting through a 6-floor layer takes us about 30-40 minutes depending on RNG and I think that's just enough of time I want to devote at one time. If I'm feeling the need for more, I just run the 2nd torghast option. The endless corridors or whatever it's called might be fun, but if it's as long as 30 floors in a row, I will have to set aside a lot of time for it.

The theme of SL seems to be that a lot of the content is optional and not tied to player power. So if you don't like it...just don't do it. It's pretty simple
    Yes, I think the best part of Torghast is that it is a flexible and optional content. One doesn't have to do it if he doesn't care about legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:
    - Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.
    After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff?

Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    i'm not saying i'd like to run Torghast all day or something but it's a refreshing break as it adds 'another FUN thing to do' besides raiding, m+ and bgs/arenas

-it adds interesting new abilities that can often mix in unexpected and hillarious ways, some of them are also nice thought experiments to see 'what if my class was like -insert X crazy idea-', it also challenges you to find broken synergies with existing and added abilities

-every run is different, people arguing it's always the same but... excuse me aren't raids and dungeons always the same? they're still fun to run and Torghast is NOT the same, the landscape, mobs, bosses and anima powers change every run

-it's solable so you can run it when not in the mood for finding groups but you can still run it with groups if you prefer, i always thought that solo challenges are cool to have in small amounts (emphasis on small, obviously this is an mmo and not a single player game), Mage Tower for example was a massive success imo

-contrary to what you say it IS rewarding: Torghast is the only realistic way to craft your legendary (both soul ash and legendary powers are foudn inside)... i mean does it get more rewarding than that?... what more could it give you? multiple legendaries? you also get followers, gold and achievements so far, they might even add more in the future

It's just as terrible as them visions that was forced on us in BFA, I play healer too and its kinda hard, and no I won't switch to dps spec.

It's a universal conspiracy where there exists the possibility that other people's opinions differ from your own. I know, it's a scary thought but you'll get through this. I believe in you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    And, hell, I wish there were actually a way to use Torghast as an option for "endgame" gearing progression, same as world quests and covenant progress.

Honestly, I feel like there should be a Torghast gear set, with set bonuses that apply to Torghast, the same way the Covenant set has bonuses for world content. Could just be a recolor of the legendary set pieces.
    This is exactly what it needs. The gear doesn't need to be great outside of it - world quest / heroic / LFR quality the higher the floor. Set bonuses for Torghast sounds like an amazing idea as well. 2-piece killing maw rats heal for 5% of your health / 4-piece = more phantasma / 8-piece = extra anima orbs. That way pvper's / raiders don't need to target them at all. The bonuses do nothing for them.

That would give you something to work towards besides just ash. I already made my legendary and don't really have the desire to grind it up just for the sake of grinding it up.

And for the love of god put in more "safe" areas you can AFK in that won't get you ganked. Start of floor and mid floor at least. This isn't a single player rogue - we don't have a pause button.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's a universal conspiracy where there exists the possibility that other people's opinions differ from your own. I know, it's a scary thought but you'll get through this. I believe in you.
    Exactly, Why do you think I make a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?
    Out of touch seems incorrect, rather - better managing of expectations.

Streamers/YTs, while I applude their efforts / creativity? - are pretty toxic in terms of gaming community, because - they very rarely offer original analysis, just reboxed versions of what they read in a discord/bigger streamer etc. They're given undue authority, in my views.

According to many non-DK streamers/YTs, DK dps would be C-tier, with Blood being S-Tier out of the gate. Lol.
    It's almost as if they play a different game. That's just me being salty - OP:

I'm curious what class you are, because I've see that have an impact on people's opinion.

I've been a DK since Wrath, and I love it. But, I can see how it could pose problems for the un-prepared.

Tor'ghast is amazing, with incredible potential. That said, I'm also glad I really only "need" to do it, once per week.

Edit: It's been out 3 weeks, lets see how it unfolds before it's written off.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2020-12-11 at 01:02 AM.

It gets boring doing it on several characters when there is no catch-up on alts with soul ash.

First runs are always kinda fun, sometimes rng is just a bitch.
    Pretty much immortal mage but without any dps traits gets bit.. long. Easy but time-consuming.

I just wish they made it solo only. Though it slightly amuses me that tank and healer specs have easier time but they deserve it. (At least felt better as venge dh and disc priest)
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-11 at 01:08 AM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

as a prot pally that is still not high enough for HC's but has no issues in Torghast i like it :P
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I want full-on NETHACK with random scrolls and potions and conditions and buffs like invisibility and flying etc.

As a mostly solo player I love the concept, and for the most part it is fun, but there are definitely things I would change if I could. It looked a lot more fun with the endless runs and absurd collections of anima powers making you a war god, I think it should be an alternative gearing route for people like me who have no interest whatsoever in organized group content, and it sucks that you literally get nothing if you grind through all of the floors only to lose to the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Out of touch seems incorrect, rather - better managing of expectations.

Streamers/YTs, while I applude their efforts / creativity? - are pretty toxic in terms of gaming community, because - they very rarely offer original analysis, just reboxed versions of what they read in a discord/bigger streamer etc. They're given undue authority, in my views.

According to many non-DK streamers/YTs, DK dps would be C-tier, with Blood being S-Tier out of the gate. Lol.
    It's almost as if they play a different game. That's just me being salty - OP:

I'm curious what class you are, because I've see that have an impact on people's opinion.

I've been a DK since Wrath, and I love it. But, I can see how it could pose problems for the un-prepared.

Tor'ghast is amazing, with incredible potential. That said, I'm also glad I really only "need" to do it, once per week.

Edit: It's been out 3 weeks, lets see how it unfolds before it's written off.
    I have done it with druid, hunter and warrior. None of them makes Torghast feels "Amazing" to me.

It is just very long and boring.

Whenever Preach says something positive his word is taken like a gospel however when he says something negative its "whos that" " just another dumb toxic streamer"

Because the Torghast the streamers played on Alpha is different than the one we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Because the Torghast the streamers played on Alpha is different than the one we got.
    So what is changed from Alpha to Current SL? And why does Blizzard change it if it was "Amazing"?

Also forgot to mention that which I hope will be fixed in endless mode is that by the time you get something interesting traits, it is basicly over.

So far all bosses been pretty much lacklusters but first floor depending on layout can be bit excruciating with bad traits.
    Especially that last weeks rope platforming shit on first floor and you get like "kill maw rats for 1% health up"..
    You you can skip a lot but just waiting on cd on pots/invi etc. or supahzergaoenuke.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.