Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like it, I wish they would build on it, make it harder and add more rewards. But the problem is that the way the game is these days if casuals don't feel like they can participate in absolutely everything they cry a river and get that content nerfed.

It feels a bit like how it used to feel to solo old raids at the limit of a character's capacity which is probably the most fun challenge I found in WoW. I find it more fun and challenging than group pve content.

I have a lot of fun with it, especially with multiple chars and the different sets of powers.

What sucks is having it be mandatory in such high amounts of runs (4 forced runs is too much as it is now, it will be better once we hit layer 8).

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    If I didn’t know that the testers played a different version of Torghast, I would question their sanity: WTF is fun about this slog fest???

And ALL the streamers, I mean, EVERYONE of them, were so highly hyped about Torghast, "Amazingly, insanely fun, best thing ever, etc."

It is such a contrast to my personal experience on live. It feels like they were trolling players hard.
    11 pages and you still don't understand people can enjoy something you don't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm rather surprised at the poll results. I didn't expect people to have a ''meh'' feeling about Torghast so early, I expected it to take at least a few months for people to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm rather surprised at the poll results. I didn't expect people to have a ''meh'' feeling about Torghast so early, I expected it to take at least a few months for people to feel that way.
    Me too.

I am surprised that there are 40% players actually think the current Torghast is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I'd like an endless version

As it stands I really like it, but could be better
    exactly my thoughts. the 6 floor version is fun for a while but you never get that power build up that was hyped up with the alpha/beta impressions. i haven't gotten to try 18 floors so that might alleviate part of my complaints. but i really hope they add an endless mode. they could even lock some cosmetics behind the endless mode to encourage climbing.

Me too.

I am surprised that there are 40% players actually think the current Torghast is fun.
    This has been said a dozen times already but bares repeating again.

SOME PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS.

I like Coffee Ice Cream while my wife thinks its gross. I then don't write a blog post about it asking for confirmation on my biases

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    This has been said a dozen times already but bares repeating again.

SOME PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS.

I like Coffee Ice Cream while my wife thinks its gross. I then don't write a blog post about it asking for confirmation on my biases
    Yes, Everyone likes different things. There is no point to repeat that.

Forum is for people to voice their views. If your wife thinks coffee icecream is gross, she has the right to say it. How hard is it to understand that?

Nobody is asking for confirmation here, people are just express their opinions. hehe

Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    The Torghast we got to play on Alpha was not what you're playing now.
    This is not unique to Torghast or Shadowlands. Blizzard tends to add cool ideas and class changes during alpha/beta that turn out to be rather lackluster once they are in the game. Not sure why Blizzards aim is always mediocracy these days, or maybe it always was.

Personally I think many were hyped about Torghast because it showed a whole lot of promise more so than because it was actually the best thing since sliced bread.

Compare for instance to Islands or Warfronts where the problems were at the conceptual level rather than the fine details, Warfronts for instance could never be what players wanted it to be because the idea of a random queue 30-man zergfest was antithetical to the RTS gameplay.
    Torghast meanwhile has all the correct pieces, all it really lacks is the ability ot become massively OP for every class. even true exemplars of Roguelikes like Binding of Isaac doesnt guarantee a run that is a breeze, but it has the potential to become one if you get lucky, currently Torghast only has that for a few classes, or with a few unlikely combinations. However, unlike with Warfronts this can be remedied pretty much any time Blizzard decides to add more powers, and with the 18 floor infinite version opening eventually there is no conceptual problem with Torghast that requires a complete rethink

In short Streamers and many on hte forums were excited for Torghast because similar to M+ when it was announced in Legion, it offers a fertile growbed for new and interesting ideas that has real staying power. If Blizzard keeps iterating on Torghast then it could theoretically reach the heights of a true if shallow roguelike, which is different from as the aforementioned Warfronts, whose problems prevented it from ever being anything more than a neat idea on paper, and an easy source of gear.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Right now, I enjoy Torghast. But after the first week I knew that this is going to get very annoying when I get to the 500th time of needing to run it. it's also not short at all. Took us several hours to get through the new floors this week. I imagine it will be like this later in the climb as well.

As someone who loved Mage Tower this is right up my alley. I don't expect everyone to share the same opinion, but I'm enjoying myself so far. My only gripe is I want to have every class at max level to see what it's like with all of their anima powers but it's a pain redoing the Maw intro multiple times.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with TG:
    - if I go alone, it's a bit faster but I have to use tank or heal spec to guarantee success at the final boss.
    - if I go with friends, it also guarantees success at the end, but it's way way slower than solo. It's not well tuned.
    It has great potential to make funny stories and interesting combos.
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-12-12 at 06:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like an option in between OK and love it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So what is changed from Alpha to Current SL? And why does Blizzard change it if it was "Amazing"?
    Initially it was very open in scope, you had a lot more levels, but you also gained powers and snowballed massively, to the point where you zapped everything on your screen in an instant. The streamers and "content creators" then started whining, in particular Preach who had farmed the shit out of beta Torghast and now wanted something more hardcore and COMPETITIVE, so they changed it to what it is today.

tl;dr ppl with beta access overfarmed "casual" torghast so the reception of the content changed so much from the initial outlook.

It is such a contrast to my personal experience on live. It feels like they were trolling players hard.
    Your own poll shows that you are in the minority here. The majority of players either really enjoy Torghast, or think it's fine.

Best content of the expansion so far. Something I can just grab a friend or two and do on our undergeared alts for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Hate everything about Torghast. It forces players into mythics or non-LFR raiding, or pvp. And if you're in a battlegroup where your faction is outnumbered 10:1 pvp is out since you lose every single bg. So that leaves mythics and non-LFR raiding to gear up for Torghast. If you don't gear up significantly through one of those methods you get stomped so it IS forced. The people saying it's easy are generally the ones that are doing mythics+ so they are geared, which is why they like to pound their chest about how "easy" it is.

I've done hc raiding, mythic+, bg until my eyes bleed. But in 2020 I just don't have the desire for it. And in SL if you don't, since everything revolves around Torghast there is not a whole lot to do. Anima is just the artifact power grind renamed, and that is not a good thing. WQs give crap rewards. Half the time the callings give worthless off-spec conduits. Many of the WQ in Shadowlands are mechanically really (really) designed poorly as well to where you need to look up how to even complete them.

Also, if your faction is outnumbered on your realm have fun with WQ and rep grinding when every mob is tagged grey and masses of people run around aoe tagging them that's a good time too.

Not a good reflection on game design that we're 3 weeks into SL and I'm so frustrated that I'm at a fork in the road whether to continue or set wow aside and find another game until this isn't the current game status.

Torghast is islands you can solo without having to case down events and rares in a shrouded part of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Torghast is islands you can solo without having to case down events and rares in a shrouded part of the map.
    I mean torghast and islands have literally nothing in common but okay dude.