Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    If I buy a rank 4 base item and craft for 5150 ashes then no upgrade for the item?
    Correct, for now. The max level of a legendary is 235. If you craft a 235 for 5150 soul ash, you're done with that legendary for this tier/patch/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Liar83 View Post
    Can you skip ranks when upgrading to a higher tier?
    No. You need to upgrade through each rank.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So I'm assuming you can only equip one of these right?
    Correct, for now. Only one legendary can be worn at a time, but you can have more than one in your bags.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    The base item level of legendaries is 190, not 175.
    The base item level is 175 in the game files. The entire legendary system uses the item upgrade system that's also responsible for scaling quest rewards and BoEs to level and rare/epic/socket/stat procs. It doesn't matter if the item is 190, 210, 225, 235, or turned into a legendary, it's the same exact base 175 item just with different upgrade IDs in the full item link. This is also why the <Made by Leetcrafter> shows up on legendaries, because you still have the same item.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Why you want run throghast 10 times a week? Higher floor include lower flooor ash so theres no need to go from 1 to max. So basically at this point you need to run Thorgast only twice a week.
    I think it's bugged. We did a level 5 and only got credit for doing 4 and below. I also missed out on Ash from a week the same thing. Blizzard doesn't care.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hardest part of getting a Legendary is finding an affordable Rune Vessel that wasn't crafted by Xurmomlolx.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Correct, for now. The max level of a legendary is 235. If you craft a 235 for 5150 soul ash, you're done with that legendary for this tier/patch/whatever.
    Thanks, so no reason to buy a rank 4 base item with crazy price

Edit: just noticed new base item also needed for an upgrade.
    Last edited by Vagabond; 2020-12-14 at 10:28 AM.

No. You need to upgrade through each rank.
    How certain are you of that? I put in my rank 1 legendary, and a rank 3 base item, and it told me it would cost 1950 Soul Ash to upgrade. Which is the 750 for rank 1 to 2, plus the 1200 for rank 2 to 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

A week of dungeon grinding, normal, heroic, mythic.. No memory drop. I shit you not ive been running De other side and Plaguefall the whole weekend and nothing. I even switched to tanking to avoid the queuing, i probably did 50 dungeons yesterday alone. So tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    How certain are you of that? I put in my rank 1 legendary, and a rank 3 base item, and it told me it would cost 1950 Soul Ash to upgrade. Which is the 750 for rank 1 to 2, plus the 1200 for rank 2 to 3.
    you dont need to - only limiting factor is how much ash you have

i for example bought r1 and r3 on hunter to skip r2 - because rise on power from r1 to r2 is negligible and r4 items are and will be crazy expensive for weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plve View Post
    Is there any way to change stats I accidentally chose my worst stat for one on my gloves if there is not I’m just going to start over even though I already got it to 210 just feels really bad
    each level you upgrade you have to put new missives so yes each rank you can change them

Quote Originally Posted by Tiskynen View Post
    A week of dungeon grinding, normal, heroic, mythic.. No memory drop. I shit you not ive been running De other side and Plaguefall the whole weekend and nothing. I even switched to tanking to avoid the queuing, i probably did 50 dungeons yesterday alone. So tired of this.
    Go on m+, even +2, it's raining memories....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

each level you upgrade you have to put new missives so yes each rank you can change them
    You do not need new missives if you want the same stats, but you can change them if you want to.
    I went from rank 1 to 2 today, the only thing I needed was the rank 2 base item and 750 soul ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiskynen View Post
    Had same problem with my pally one, tanked at lest 20 to get is then my druid needed one second run.. RNG is great..

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    Go on m+, even +2, it's raining memories....
    Already tried that, got 35 anima xD

I am not sure how to get the base items to craft :/

How can I change the stat on my legendary? I upgraded from rank 1 to 2, but the missives are grey! I can't change them. I tried to add a new one or klick the missive in the bag, but nothing happend.

Thanks!

Am I missing something here? I read everywhere that it cost millions of gold in vendor mats alone to upgrade legendaries. It kind of kills my enthusiasm for continuing to play, among other things. Did I hear wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Am I missing something here? I read everywhere that it cost millions of gold in vendor mats alone to upgrade legendaries. It kind of kills my enthusiasm for continuing to play, among other things. Did I hear wrong?
    You heard wrong. There are no vendor mats involved in crafting any of the white base items. The missives, however, require super cheap vendor items, like in silver or 1-2 gold (the ink and parchment). The entire legendary market is player based, which means the price fluctuates with the price and availability of the gathered raw materials, or on the whim of the idiots buying everything then reposting high.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

The base item level is 175 in the game files. The entire legendary system uses the item upgrade system that's also responsible for scaling quest rewards and BoEs to level and rare/epic/socket/stat procs. It doesn't matter if the item is 190, 210, 225, 235, or turned into a legendary, it's the same exact base 175 item just with different upgrade IDs in the full item link. This is also why the <Made by Leetcrafter> shows up on legendaries, because you still have the same item.
    Except that iLvL the base neck I just crafted says 190, not 175.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Had same problem with my pally one, tanked at lest 20 to get is then my druid needed one second run.. RNG is great..
    I got my memory on my very first heroic run after numerous normals. I was quite shocked.

You heard wrong. There are no vendor mats involved in crafting any of the white base items. The missives, however, require super cheap vendor items, like in silver or 1-2 gold (the ink and parchment). The entire legendary market is player based, which means the price fluctuates with the price and availability of the gathered raw materials, or on the whim of the idiots buying everything then reposting high.
    Then what the hell was everyone crying about vendor only mats costing in the millions. It was a lot of people on the forums. Maybe a bunch of people like me who had no damned clue.

Soul Ash missions are unbeatable atm

The biggest problem with legendaries is the amount of bases needed to craft for each level, making 15 is ridiculous. It costs to much and they don't sell for shit on the AH.

Crafting the base items gives you 5 xp points;
    You need 75 xp points on a rank 1 craft to unlock rank 2, so you must craft 15x rank 1 items;
    To unlock rank 3 you must craft 15x rank 2 and for rank 4 you need 15x rank 3 items;
    Let's say I play a leatherworker Enhance shaman and want that Doomwinds in my headpiece. To be able to craft it at rank 4, I need:
    [5xEnchanted Heavy Callous Hide(EHCH) + 5xHeavy Callous Hide(HCH) + 15xHeavy Desloate Leather(HDL) + 20x Pallid Bone(PB) + 12xOrboreal Shard(OS)] x 15
    +
    [8x(EHCH) + 8x(HCH) + 20x(HDL) + 30x(PB) + 18x(OS)] x 15
    +
    [12x(EHCH) + 12x(HCH) + 30x(HDL) + 50x(PB) + 30x(OS)] x 15
    and finaly
    [20x(EHCH) + 20x(HCH) + 50x(HDL) + 80x(PB) + 50x(OS)]

Since Orboreal Shard have a fixed 125g price on vendors, you are lookinng at 118750g only to craft a single rank 4 piece, assuming you farm all other materials, and thats for a single legendary piece for a single spec and for a single character... imagine if you have 2 active characters or want to be viable with 2 specs later on. Also its worth to point out that most lower rank pieces sell for less gold than its individual materials, if they sell at all, so you are looking to some big gold investment you will need to make in order to stay competitive in the game. As long as there are means to obtain gold with real money, what we have here is some sort of a pay to win system and i think its very bad for the game... so, happy farming i guess?