Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Even with the buffs, a bad rng on your powers makes Sub useless in places like coldheart interstitia.
    Sub feel pretty OK in there unless you aggro a pack of strong mobs that hit hard. I didn't have time for layer 6 or any layer in coldheart interstittia on rogue, but my xp so far having L5 Skoldus hall and evreything before that in weeks 1-2:
    With stealth crit legendary regular mobs die in 2 hits (shadowstrike+eviscerate), elite ones can take 5-7 hits, floor bosses die within 1-1,5 shadowdance, rares take slightly longer. my complaint as rogue would be that anima powers are actually kinda lackluster, nothing too impactful, or I'm just getting bad rng, but the common power of finishing moves buffing CP generators fun during shadow dance.

Did both wings at L6 as a lock, destro and affliction. Affliction felt better, but again, no decent anima powers. Voidwalker even with buffed hp isn't a great tank at that layer. Wiped several times on L6 coldheart last boss due to not getting procs on my anima power (malefic rapture has a chance to give 5 soul shards) with it not proccing at all during 2-3 attempts. The one attempt it started proccing, it was a kill.

Overall didn't feel a big difficulty jump, just had to do much less aoe pulls, so I presume layers 8 next week will go relatively smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Sub feel pretty OK in there unless you aggro a pack of strong mobs that hit hard. I didn't have time for layer 6 or any layer in coldheart interstittia on rogue..
    Well, luckily you didn't face the twisting corridors full of flying, fearing, high-hp and cc-immune bullshit that is Coldheart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage, it wasn't a walk in the park but it wasn't hard. The difficult mostly comes in the anima powers. If lucky its freaking easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Welcome to roguelikes. Imagine only getting good powers and absolutely obliterating anything in there. There would be no point in such "content" as it wouldn't be different for farming lower level mobs.
    The best way to successfully clear a layer is to be both skilled and lucky, not just skilled. The poster was downplaying the RNG aspect, hence my anecdote pointing out how much RNG there is in Torghast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    179 ilvl Aff. Just sic VW in and do whatever. Only had issues with one boss week before last with patrician boss... overbuffed thing. Left, came back the next day and killed it easily. I dislike the ice place but nothing overcoming. Unsure how some lock alts in guild claim they pull entire floor with much lower ilvl but also haven’t cared to say whether they’re telling the truth or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter

First attempt on Coldheart Interstitia I got really unlucky enemy placements and floor 1 anima powers, first "node" had two elites. Got absolutely stuffed by the time I got to the boss at the end of the floor.

Second run I absolutely demolished it. Got good Anima Powers out of the gate, and a ton of Phantasma. By the end I had 30 Anima Powers, including most of the extra talent point ones (Blind Fury + Felblade, Insatiable Hunger + Burning Hatred, Trail of Ruin + Unbound Chaos, Cycle of Hatred + First Blood, Demonic + Momentum). Almost 100% uptime on Blur, 200% increased damage Immolation Aura auto-refreshing (with Conduit increasing it 10% per tick), 37% passive AGI boost, ton of Haste, Eye Beam buffs, healing 20% on Consume Magic, healing on changing target, and gliding. Damage boosts, dodge chance, reduced cooldown for Blade Dance.

By the time I got to the end the mobs were just not even a challenge. Final boss was a complete pushover.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-12-14 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Nah, RNG is a definite factor. You can get amazing Anima powers in one run, and nothing great in another. With shitty anima powers and decent skill and knowledge it still should be doable, but it will be hard for players who aren't playing a good spec for it or aren't good at the game.

I've gotten as few as 19 powers in a layer 4 run, and as many as 36 in a layer 6 run. Worse is the powers I had in the layer with only 19 were all mediocre at best, not a single epic option among them. The run with 36? Literally 1/3rd of them were either rare or epic. I cleared both layers, but the layer 4 run was significantly slower and more difficult than the layer 6 run due to the differences in the anima powers.
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the <1% run where you get an entire run full of your bottom tier powers and you only get 15 of them doesn't mean the content is "hard", it just means you got unlucky, and the <1% run where you get an entire run full of your top tier powers and you get 40 of them doesn't mean the content isn't hard, it just means you got lucky. The remaining ~98% of runs whereby your powers are closer to "average" are not really any harder than most world quests, so this idea that Torghast is somehow "overtuned" is ridiculous.

Of course some classes have it easier than others, that has literally always been the case whereby some classes are designed to be better at soloing. However, my estimation would be that less than 5% of all Torghast runs are determined purely by anima powers, where player skill could absolutely not have overcome the obstacles alone. MMOC and Twitch chat would have you believe it's more like 90% and that skill is irrelevant.

ilvl around 180 sub rogue.
    F1irst getting to the 6 floor, terrible power luck, doing around 4k dps on the floor boss and couldn't kill it.
    Second try, good power luck, around 16k dps on the last boss, dead before my shadow blades run out.

As prot it was super easy lol, but i do it as ret now which is abit of a pain, but it triggers some anger at least.

Did on my tank pally, pretty much said it there. Powers got me to 100% haste, had 2 sec judgements and stacks of hammer. It wasn’t even fair lol

10+ Year Old Account
    173 Prot Paladin and 179 BM Hunter

Prot Pally was significantly easier than BM. Unless you get the mawrats HP trait, it can be extremely difficult to keep your pet alive as BM. While the BM toolkit is good for most of Torghast, the lack of interrupts and hard CC, and the reliance on the pet facetanking everything can be a real hindrance. Hunter anima powers are also dogshit for DPS aside from a few rare and epic traits.

Prot Pally is totally faceroll. You can't die, have infinite interrupts, multiple get-out-of-jail-free cards, and their anima powers are actually pretty good for DPS. I easily do more DPS on Prot than BM on bosses. Easily.

Damage on entangling roots and mass root. You don't even have to hit them. They just die from the roots.
    I'm a thread killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    UH DK. I did get the horseman summon from the first orb, which always makes the last boss a joke alone. Plus I also got 150% extra health which made me feel like a real tank.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It was almost a joke as a feral druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    UH DK. I did get the horseman summon from the first orb, which always makes the last boss a joke alone. Plus I also got 150% extra health which made me feel like a real tank.
    This. I think it's called the horseman's call. Whenever it drops you know you're gonna have e breeze with the final boss. Can the horsemen even die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Finally solo'd layer 6 on my Rogue (sub). I got lucky with my anima powers having Crimson vial reduced to 0 cd and every time I use it I get Feint, Cloak or Evasion. Without that the final boss kills me 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Well, luckily you didn't face the twisting corridors full of flying, fearing, high-hp and cc-immune bullshit that is Coldheart.
    Coldheart was pissing my priest off.

I like to use Mind Control, get one of the mobs to get murdered by his friends before I start killing. Stupid ambusher kept knocking me out of MC. Then I literally got feared off the edge. I think the speed boost from edge lurker contributed to me being knocked off.

Fortunately that was my only death and I managed to kill the boss. Didn't have good powers either, just decent self healing from vampiric embrace and unholy nova and a bunch of other things.
    Putin khuliyo

Monk ofc I did it while watching TV and drinking coffee I wonder if other classes are so easy or just monk is too OP

10+ Year Old Account
    MM hunter privilege checking in.

Just keep stacking Necrotic Venom. In my Cold Inist run, I ended up with 4 stacks. That means Aimed shot 120% increased damage. Plus Careful Aim, which increases Aimed Shot damage is increased by 50% to targets over 700% hp, and for the elites I use Double-Tap for 100% extra damage on insta-cast 2nd Aimed Shot.

And don't get me started on the 35% crit damage bonus.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

181 frost mage.

Its pretty easy actually, only had troubles when I did a couple of big pulls with 2+ elite mobs. End bosses are piece of cake.
    But overall runs are pretty boring even with speed up skills.