Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gurg I really feel like every single issue this game could had could have been solved if consoles allowed for early-access games like Steam. They could release the game, develop it with fan feedback, and not have to lie and exaggerate to market it. Maybe because I play a lot of early-access games, but I can't say I feel the same as you do. I'm not disappointed at all, and while the game runs like garbage I really don't mind. It's the style, setting, and story that I appreciate, and I can stomach a glitchy and bugged game because it still manages to get me immersed. It should have been an early-access game, because that is exactly what it feels like. It's just a shame they could actually make it one, and had to fill in the gaps with dumb AI and buggy code to get the game into a state they could call 'finished' in order to get it on consoles. It's the heart that counts, though, and this game has it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They shouldn't give up on the game, is all I'm saying. That lawsuit might be a real thing though.
    That's what I'm afraid of, too often do we see companies drop under performing properties rather than just fix them. I'm afraid of CDPR looking at all the hate and toxicity then treating the Cyberpunk franchise as a lost cause. That's why I'm begging people to not give in to the trolling and memes, and just wait it out. Yeah, it sucks and shouldn't have happened, punishing CDPR for their mistakes isn't worth the price of future, better Cyberpunk content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of, too often do we see companies drop under performing properties rather than just fix them. I'm afraid of CDPR looking at all the hate and toxicity then treating the Cyberpunk franchise as a lost cause. That's why I'm begging people to not give in to the trolling and memes, and just wait it out. Yeah, it sucks and shouldn't have happened, punishing CDPR for their mistakes isn't worth the price of future, better Cyberpunk content.
    Seriously? Fuck that attitude. That's what gets unfinished shit released in the first place.

No, a thousand times no. They deserve all the hate they get. This attitude of yours is why the video games industry is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Im running on Gigabyte 2080Ti OC with 32GB 3000MHz memory. And my FPS varies between 40 and 50.
    Nvidia driver version - 457.30. My GPU is manually overclocked with core clock raised by 100MHz and GPU memory by 1000Mhz.
    Temperature while running Cyberpunk on 1440p on Ultra is around 65-70c with GPU fans on 45-50% spin.

First thing first. I would suggest you to run HW Monitor in background while you play the game and keep an eye from time to time on GPU temps.
    Those shut downs sound more like GPU is thermal throttling and shutting down to prevent damage to GPU.
    I dont say this is the case with your GPU, but you need to eliminate hardware issue first in order to try to mess with software next.
    If thats the case, just reduce your ingame graphic settings and that should fix the issue.

Next. You can try updating your drivers.
    I always tell people to use Direct Driver Uninstaller for removing GPU drivers.
    Tho its a extra step, its most secured that you removed ALL traces of previous drivers.
    And always use "clean" drivers. Those drivers are strip down of all Nvidia bloatware and left with all necessary files to use GPU fully.
    I usually download mine from here - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/46...ersion.433367/

hope that this helps a little.
    Thanks for the advice Settings were already on medium mostly as the FPS was less than what I would have liked. But I'll keep an eye on the temperatures next time I try it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    They made a looter shooter, where you can't horde materials.
    Jesus christ they just can't stop fucking up.

I had a look at my save file to see if this was some sort of meme with duping (as the post implied), mines 4.9Mb so past halfway to bricksvillie and I only have the gear I have equipped and components.

I'll iterate again
    The story is good, kinda wish we were playing in 2020, where you can still feel that grungy edge like in Shadowrun. 2077 is too sleek. But it is good.
    The shooting is good
    The hacking is good, although it gets samey after a while (lack of options/depth becomes a real running theme).
    The melee is fine (you can only get so far with FPM)
    The stealth is fine (but weirdly limited)
    The driving is floaty, I got used to the akria bike after awhile (and let's be honest why would you use anything else). And ultimately driving never matters because there is no driving ai.
    The cyberware is underwhelming/cut content (I literally just booted the game to check and the gorilla arms tooltip is still wrong, so it's definitely cut content)
    The 'RPG' system is anemic, it's almost entirely 'more damage' instead of 'more options'
    Enemy variety is lower than it really should be, it's also weirdly dispersed. Like some enemy types that are in the game almost never appear in favor of more mooks.
    Enemy AI ranges from meh to hilarious (the tripping thing is what were they thinking tier)
    Driving AI doesn't exist
    The wanted system is a sham

Honestly, even if the game wasn't held together with duct tape, bad life choices, and hope. It's an ok scifi/nearfuture openworld/gta lootershooter (with RPG elements™) that has a rock-solid story.
    More or less my thoughts as well. I do think the RPG elements are an improvement from TW3, at least it has some skill checks and there's a sense of progression as you get more weapons, some of the cyberware/hacks and a few impactful skills. But enemy variety really sucks, there's virtually no difference between random gangbangers and supposedly well trained and well equipped corporate goons. Close to no enemy uses cyberware against you except a few netrunners, there's one instance of Arasaka assassins with blades that look cool but are never seen outside of a cutscene, and the vast majority of enemies are dumb mooks with basic guns, the kind of which we've been shooting since before the first Call of Duty came out. For a setting brimming with corporate supersoldiers, cybered-up psychos, tricksy edgerunners and mercenaries of various flavors it's really a letdown.

There's a really fun game in there if you invest your time in the good parts of the combat and hacking, stick to main missions and interesting sidequests, and don't treat it like the open world game that it half-heartedly tries to be but like Mass Effect with a bigger hub.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The save file comment - Its actually something that CDPR stated them self's. That the game is not built around hoarding mentality and they have limited save file to 8mb. This MIGHT change in future.
    Unless there's some statement out there I missed, they didn't say they limited save files deliberately because of some desire to limit hoarding. They've just said that players should limit their hoarding because the bug exists, and hopefully they'll fix it in an upcoming patch - and they will not be able to fix broken saves.

I think a lot of these bugs seem to point to a specific failure in their QA - full playthroughs. Which seems silly, but so many of these bugs would have been spotted by anyone doing a full playthrough like a normal player. It really seems like they just did focused testing of specific things without stepping back and looking at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Unless there's some statement out there I missed, they didn't say they limited save files deliberately because of some desire to limit hoarding. They've just said that players should limit their hoarding because the bug exists, and hopefully they'll fix it in an upcoming patch - and they will not be able to fix broken saves.

I think a lot of these bugs seem to point to a specific failure in their QA - full playthroughs. Which seems silly, but so many of these bugs would have been spotted by anyone doing a full playthrough like a normal player. It really seems like they just did focused testing of specific things without stepping back and looking at the big picture.
    They don't have a QA department at all dude. The patch on PS4/PS5 literally makes it so you can't exit the settings menu. That is a bug that any QA tester would of found in the first 5 seconds of booting up the patch.

So yea I guess you can call it a failure, but it literally doesn't exist at all, let alone full playthrough QA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted the game to be sucessful, they shouldn't have lied, or at the very least made it work.

THEY are responsible for their own game. THEY need to deal with the consequences. No one should support a broken game just so the company does not have to deal with the consequences. Do you understand how hard they had to shit the bed to make this game fail? Just so you have an idea, even now this game won't be considered a failure. Even now this game will still be a success in sales. We are not even in the worst case scenario because apparently there is a good game hiding behind this mess. So, yeah, you don't have to worry, your fears are unfounded and the game will be great in a couple of months. But don't give us this talk about "punishing CDPR is not worth it" Not only is worth it. It is necessary.

This is not trolling, this is not memes. This is a community holding them accountable. When you offer your forgiviness so easily, you are not doing them any favors. And this is coming from someone that fully intends to buy the game in a couple of months. I don't have a hate-boner or anything like that. But you are just giving them a pass. And that my friend, that is not cool at all.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    If they wanted the game to be sucessful, they shouldn't have lied, or at the very least made it work.
    Where did they lie tho? Where can you 100% confirm that something they officially said as a company was a lie and it wasn't disclaimer'ed with "everything can change tho" and it can be verified by court as a lie.

I mean I didn't expect much based on buggy mess that was TW3, I still remember that bug that made you immortal with whirlwind and leech - literally immortal.

Hold accountable? For what? Did they hurt you or your feelings in some way?

Now lets take a look at different approach that ackshually works. You buy their product, don't like it? refund. Now you are voting with wallet. They are not getting money, they are getting seeing that something is wrong. Either they reflect or they flop. Because you know, voting with money is 1000x more effective than getting emotional over a fucking product on a forums that barely anyone reads.

Now as for relying feedback if you actually want to be useful, you should send them feedback directly or at least on their official forums that devs/managers at least have a chance to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    This is not trolling, this is not memes.
    The next "CRYSIS" of 2020 on PC is bashed by 7-year-old console hardware users. It's so ridiculous that the shitstorm is allready dead on reddit and they really like to ride the wave until its dead.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The next "CRYSIS" of 2020 on PC is bashed by 7-year-old console hardware users. It's so ridiculous that the shitstorm is allready dead on reddit and they really like to ride the wave until its dead.
    So funny that people try act like cyberpunk was only made for top end PC's when the game was announced back in 2012 lol.

You would think such mighty soothsayers could have predicted this kind of outcome from lying and delivering a poor overhyped product.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    a poor overhyped product.
    Do you really think the the game is that on a current high end PC?

* it got genre typical amount of bugs, nothing game breaking.
    * it's the single best RTX game and the PICTURE MODE alone is a game inside the game for even more eyecandy
    * it's a massive showcase for DLSS (this is actually not really positive, it means another NVIDIA-only GPU generation for gamers and AMD won't help much for a real competition)
    * a game that actually utilizes 10-12 core CPUs for performance gains and frame time improvements

If you like the genre, it should be really hard to claim this game is bad. Visually its stuning and if you need current high end hardware to run it propperly, who cares?
    -

Do you really think the the game is that on a current high end PC?

* it got genre typical amount of bugs, nothing game breaking.
    * it's the single best RTX game and the PICTURE MODE alone is a game inside the game for even more eyecandy
    * it's a massive showcase for DLSS (this is actually not really positive, it means another NVIDIA-only GPU generation for gamers and AMD won't help much for a real competition)
    * a game that actually utilizes 10-12 core CPUs for performance gains and frame time improvements

If you like the genre, it should be really hard to claim this game is bad. Visually its stuning and if you need current high end hardware to run it propperly, who cares?
    I mean disregarding the bolded which is an outright lie (kinda like the developers who did their best to hide console performances from buying consumers) all you're saying is that the graphics are pretty. Ok? Valerian looked good too, but it was a crap movie. Im more worried about the nuts and bolts not the paint job so to speak. And i've played better open world games back in early 2010's. Maybe even earlier
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Night City does look impressive when everything looks as it is meant to. Yet there's much more to a game than pretty graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    So almost finished the storyline on PC. The game really looks amazing.
    However the AI is so bad it really doesn't deserve to be called intelligence. There are games out there which are way older that had superior AI.

For certain things, I could have done a better job on Unreal 1 that comes with Deus Ex.

Just dont be a hoarder of items and crafting materials. It appears that from latest statement from CDPR, they didnt want hoarder mentality in RPG so save files are limited to 8MB, everything above that will break the save. This might change in future patches tho.

Just read about that corrupted save file issues.
    It appears that developers intentionally limit save files to 8MB and everything above that simply corrupts your save. No workaround. No fix. Broken save due to limit of save file size.

They said that the game was not designed around hoarder mentality and collecting a lot of crafting materials, however they MIGHT change this later on and increase the size of safe file.
    They also "cleared" engine and removed several "developers files that were leftovers" from their work on the game. - i shit you not, they actually said that.

Now.. Open World RPG that has intentional limitation like this. Not cool at all, and totally out of place.
    i also call bullshite on this statement and think that save file limitation is primarily implemented due to limiting size of save files on last gen consoles and simply ported over to PC.

Both of us mentioned Unreal Engine earlier. I havent though about it a lot nor extensively, but taken info that became public over last few days as well as their latest patch notes - this is how i think whole development go down:

They initially planed Cyberpunk to be console exclusive and started working on a engine for PSPro and XOneS with that in mind. Porting it back to core consoles would be easy.

However down the line (around 2018) they decided to release it for PC too since it major part of the market (remember that PC support was announced way later after consoles).
    This was first major bump on the road and direction change that they had to overcome.
    Ok, now we are making a game for PCs too, so additional change to core Red Engine had to be made with several updates.

Later on, Both Sony and MS announced their next gen consoles.
    FUCK, this is second bump in the road, however its cool, we already have improved version of engine for PC so we can work from that.
    New gen consoles after all are simply said tuned up PCs which use pc parts. DLSS is after all, these days "standard" but also technology that helps them to "cut corners" with optimization counting on dynamic resolution scaling to help game run better than it is.

BUT, the kink here is that last gen consoles, specially core versions, do not have DLSS support and they had to make a separate branch of Red Engine just for them.

Both engines were worked on to the last moment before game was released (and its still being worked on). - to some extend confirmed by "leftover developer files" that they mentioned in latest patch notes.

This actually made issues to other teams that were working on world building and scripting since they never had stable/rc version of core engine to work on.

In my mind this explains a lot of illogical decisions that actually produce issues that we see now.

But again, its mind boggling why the fuck didnt they simply went with Unreal Engine. That thing flows smooth even on phones.
    And all that dev time could be put into making outstanding ingame experience, a traces of which we can see in game it self.

Was it that they wanted to use their own engine with philosophy of "all made in CDPR," be proud of quality of it (if it didnt had issues that it has now) and possible use it as their "main" engine for future games? I doubt that they couldn't bought they way out of Epic's exclusivity deal if they tried to force one on them, tho i know its purely optional thing.
    Meh. Intentional my ass. It makes zero sense. My god CDPR is all over the place.

- - - Updated - - -

@Gurg I really feel like every single issue this game could had could have been solved if consoles allowed for early-access games like Steam. They could release the game, develop it with fan feedback, and not have to lie and exaggerate to market it. Maybe because I play a lot of early-access games, but I can't say I feel the same as you do. I'm not disappointed at all, and while the game runs like garbage I really don't mind. It's the style, setting, and story that I appreciate, and I can stomach a glitchy and bugged game because it still manages to get me immersed. It should have been an early-access game, because that is exactly what it feels like. It's just a shame they could actually make it one, and had to fill in the gaps with dumb AI and buggy code to get the game into a state they could call 'finished' in order to get it on consoles. It's the heart that counts, though, and this game has it.

- - - Updated - - -

How would early access to last gen consoles have fixed the problems we (including Gurg) have been highlighting? Not the visual bugs. I'm talking about the rest of it.

And also, that is a silly way to approach the issue. They fucked up and they pay for it. Make an example of them so this thing about releasing games in alpha stage doesnt become a habit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

Oh alright this makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Where did they lie tho? Where can you 100% confirm that something they officially said as a company was a lie and it wasn't disclaimer'ed with "everything can change tho" and it can be verified by court as a lie.

I mean I didn't expect much based on buggy mess that was TW3, I still remember that bug that made you immortal with whirlwind and leech - literally immortal.

Hold accountable? For what? Did they hurt you or your feelings in some way?

Now lets take a look at different approach that ackshually works. You buy their product, don't like it? refund. Now you are voting with wallet. They are not getting money, they are getting seeing that something is wrong. Either they reflect or they flop. Because you know, voting with money is 1000x more effective than getting emotional over a fucking product on a forums that barely anyone reads.

Now as for relying feedback if you actually want to be useful, you should send them feedback directly or at least on their official forums that devs/managers at least have a chance to read.
    It happened in reality. You know, that place where the new York Times and the Guardian picked up on this messy release and reported on an incoming lawsuit about the company lying to its shareholders.
    But hey, maybe they're wrong and you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I get that people may not like the combat....but how the freaking hell is witcher 3 more booring than ghotic or risen?those games are like a dead fish
    I really enjoy the dangerous world feel and the very quick save and reload. Retrying even 10 times just for a pack of boars at beginning and every place is dangerous. The usual RPG gameplay feels like just run through and never think of anything.
    The quick save and reloads means it's not punishing, but still difficult. Unlike so many games that use limited saving as the main difficulty.

Also why CP felt good the first 20 hours. Sneaking and saving and retrying many times. Being caught by enemies meant I died. Now I got powerful weapons and it's not so fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    And i've played better open world games back in early 2010's. Maybe even earlier
    Lets just go back to text based RPGs and compare it to CP2077?!

Play the game if you like it, dont play it if you dont like it. Its the new crysis in graphics and clearly good enough gameplay to keep the bored twitch crowd entertained.

If you dont like it or if you dont have the right hardware for it, dont play it. Play something else you enjoy.
    -

An 8mb save file limit in a game with a crafting skill tree and plenty of looting.

CDprojektred has completely mismanaged the release of this game.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-21 at 09:22 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Lets just go back to text based RPGs and compare it to CP2077?!

Play the game if you like it, dont play it if you dont like it. Its the new crysis in graphics and clearly good enough gameplay to keep the bored twitch crowd entertained.

If you dont like it or if you dont have the right hardware for it, dont play it. Play something else you enjoy.
    Don't need to. 2001 GTA is already miles ahead in terms of AI.
    Nope. They fucked up, released a game that was not finished. It can't be a trend, they need to be made an example of so we don't get this shit anymore. They cashed in on pre sales didn't they? Good now they pay it back.