Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, hopefully I guess the "buy with plats" option remains. That's probably what DE aims at. They're always trying to overdo themselves with new frames, gating them behind ugly grinds.
    But this one yeah, no doubt, insta buy.

And the related operation ? Probably once or twice to check if that's worthy, and then a few more if that's affinity-worthy so that I can max out the two Necramechs and put them in the garbage bin forever.

I have no idea how DE even thought Necramechs would be appreciated. We're playing Warframe to play with Warframes, yet they're stockpiling a shitload of content that totally does not feel like Warframe. That started with Operator, but now we have a dozen useless-niche content, and the game is definitely turning around those unfortunately.
    Next thing you know is you kill Natah by doing a 720-spin with a KDrive on her face...
    I like the operator and necramech. Also love archguns.

Btw there is a legendary core survival mission going on this weekend.

https://www.warframe.com/news/operation-orphix-venom

OPERATION: ORPHIX VENOM is out on pc now. Lasts until Jan 18th.

Only good part about that event is that it's quick to level Necramechs - just as SS was good for intrinsics. Otherwise yeah, still clunky af with numerous bugs that exist since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    https://www.warframe.com/news/operation-orphix-venom

OPERATION: ORPHIX VENOM is out on pc now. Lasts until Jan 18th.
    whole lotta time to level up some useful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    whole lotta time to level up some useful stuff
    Yeah its great for leveling the Necramech. I think I forma'd it 3 or 4 times over a couple of hours.
    Only good part about that event is that it's quick to level Necramechs - just as SS was good for intrinsics. Otherwise yeah, still clunky af with numerous bugs that exist since day 1.
    Only bug I had so far was the sound cutting out. Minimized the game and played a youtube video and it was back.

Yeah its great for leveling the Necramech. I think I forma'd it 3 or 4 times over a couple of hours.

Only bug I had so far was the sound cutting out. Minimized the game and played a youtube video and it was back.
    Anytime I use Bonewidow, there is a point when I can no longer use any ability. No Transference either, and at that point there is nothing to do to solve the problem.
    Happened once with Voidrig but every time with Bonewidow for some reason..

I’m at 3 formas on BW and I don’t know if I’ll have the motivation to finish it tbh. But good news is that I hit R30 so I don’t really care, so maybe I’ll leave it as KDrives which I have never leveled and never will.

Anytime I use Bonewidow, there is a point when I can no longer use any ability. No Transference either, and at that point there is nothing to do to solve the problem.
    Happened once with Voidrig but every time with Bonewidow for some reason..

I’m at 3 formas on BW and I don’t know if I’ll have the motivation to finish it tbh. But good news is that I hit R30 so I don’t really care, so maybe I’ll leave it as KDrives which I have never leveled and never will.
    I haven't even made bonewidow yet still need to gather like 200 of the ores from plains/orb that you gotta fuse. I was unable to do anything after my mech blew up in one match instead of going into operator/warframe mode it just killed me and wouldn't respawn me for like 30 seconds to a minute.

Idk how you could get to rank 30. I'm only 22. There's so many weapons I don't like and feel like its a waste of resources to just level them then toss them so they don't cost me 10000 in plat for slots. Plus I always worry a new weapon will release that uses an older one for part of its ingredients.

Since you can breed vulpaphylas and predasites now I did just level like 6 or so weapons while leveling up some new pets to crossbreed mutagens on. Even though it was quick it didn't feel like much progress. I'll prob need like 70 weapons to hit 30.

I really should start getting more railjack levels and resources built up for the command crews. Being able to fully customize a whole ships worth of people looks kinda fun.

I really should start getting more railjack levels and resources built up for the command crews. Being able to fully customize a whole ships worth of people looks kinda fun.
    They've had a Dev Workshop on a complete Railjack overhaul and about the next updates as well, quite a long read, lots and lots of changes (some are meh tbh).

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/12...-new-railjack/

They've had a Dev Workshop on a complete Railjack overhaul and about the next updates as well, quite a long read, lots and lots of changes (some are meh tbh).

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/12...-new-railjack/
    Most of it seems fine

But fuck 30 wreckage for best compensation rewards. Wish I had purchased more rush repair drones before they took em out the the market place.

Most of it seems fine

But fuck 30 wreckage for best compensation rewards. Wish I had purchased more rush repair drones before they took em out the the market place.
    Yeah the compensation stuff is complained throughout all pages I think, as the last general consensus was to just not craft stuff except the meta ones... Plus we can't even know how much we are at currently.

Regarding the update, I really don't know.
    - Really disliking the Plexus. That just means your Railjack is basically an empty husk for anyone to put "their" mods in when they join. It's just... that. A hull. A big box.
    - Having the Plexus managing the mods will just make the experience shitty for new players. As of today, new players could hop in a fully decked Railjack and have fun using their stuff. Now if they have shitty (or none at all) mods, they'll just ... be there, leeching until they get a few.
    - All this is nice and all, but only screams "Formas !". Also, the 1:1 Dirac compensation is not right, avionics were a lot cheaper to upgrade than mods. Even if I don't personally care as I'm sitting on a shitload of Endo, forcing new players to chose between Warframe Mods and Railjack mods ?
    - Making the Railjack smaller on the insides... I dunno, I don't wanna hop in and have the feeling to be in my closet
    - Railjack's energy linked to Warframe's energy... This is my biggest gripe. One of the feats of Railjack was that you could pick whatever you wanted. But with this new system, that'll make the combo Energize/Dispensary/Zenurik/Energy Siphon mandatory, in the only game mode where you could actually try something else without being underpowered.

New breaches seems fun, but we'll have to see if that's not too annoying. What I fear as well is the "new" Hull material, it seems that means your 100% perfect Railjack will be in cardboard until you find a correct Hull...

Guess we'll see the results when it's live.

Yeah the compensation stuff is complained throughout all pages I think, as the last general consensus was to just not craft stuff except the meta ones... Plus we can't even know how much we are at currently.

Regarding the update, I really don't know.
    - Really disliking the Plexus. That just means your Railjack is basically an empty husk for anyone to put "their" mods in when they join. It's just... that. A hull. A big box.
    - Having the Plexus managing the mods will just make the experience shitty for new players. As of today, new players could hop in a fully decked Railjack and have fun using their stuff. Now if they have shitty (or none at all) mods, they'll just ... be there, leeching until they get a few.
    - All this is nice and all, but only screams "Formas !". Also, the 1:1 Dirac compensation is not right, avionics were a lot cheaper to upgrade than mods. Even if I don't personally care as I'm sitting on a shitload of Endo, forcing new players to chose between Warframe Mods and Railjack mods ?
    - Making the Railjack smaller on the insides... I dunno, I don't wanna hop in and have the feeling to be in my closet
    - Railjack's energy linked to Warframe's energy... This is my biggest gripe. One of the feats of Railjack was that you could pick whatever you wanted. But with this new system, that'll make the combo Energize/Dispensary/Zenurik/Energy Siphon mandatory, in the only game mode where you could actually try something else without being underpowered.

New breaches seems fun, but we'll have to see if that's not too annoying. What I fear as well is the "new" Hull material, it seems that means your 100% perfect Railjack will be in cardboard until you find a correct Hull...

Guess we'll see the results when it's live.
    The only way I see someone even crafting 30+ is if they were a youtuber crafting all components to show people or some shit. Luckily it looks like they changed it:

Means I just wasted like 5 repair drones last night worrying about the rewards lol.

Yeah I was fine with the size of the ship before I hope they don't increase the amount of breaches to keep it at the same "panic" level and compensate for the smaller ship.

Plexus seems ok to me I guess. Sucks when you random into a garbage railjack this should help with that.

Dirac costs the same as endo in the shop. I was kinda hoping they fucked up cause I thought Dirac was cheaper. Would have been nice to get bonus endo.

So...is this update gonna mean we hvae to relearn the game again? It's been a while but I've been meaning to give it another spin and hopefully get my brother on board, but it seems that every time I try the game again (every few years) it feels like they've overhauled everything and everything I used to know is now worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...is this update gonna mean we hvae to relearn the game again? It's been a while but I've been meaning to give it another spin and hopefully get my brother on board, but it seems that every time I try the game again (every few years) it feels like they've overhauled everything and everything I used to know is now worthless.
    Not the entire game, no. Just the Railjack mode, if you ever played that. The somewhat good news is that its systems are now going to be more similar to the other systems in the game. For example, instead of Avionics to upgrade your Railjack, you'll now just have Railjack-specific mods that can be upgraded with Endo.

That's actually my only concern with the upcoming changes. While it will make Railjack much more accessible to people that might have passed on it before (or new players in general), I worry this means that those who did actually play it are now going to have to re-grind everything or almost everything. Hence the half-hearted rewards for "early adopters".
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    That's actually my only concern with the upcoming changes. While it will make Railjack much more accessible to people that might have passed on it before (or new players in general), I worry this means that those who did actually play it are now going to have to re-grind everything or almost everything. Hence the half-hearted rewards for "early adopters".
    As they never talked about refunding Dirac for already-upgraded avionics, we can expect our Avionics will be automatically transformed into Mods, with a matching rank. Otherwise they would have refunded all Dirac consumed not only for the Grid itself, but for Avionics as well.

So normally, we'll only have to grind for potential new mods, and obviously for the Formatting of that Plexus...

The only way I see someone even crafting 30+ is if they were a youtuber crafting all components to show people or some shit. Luckily it looks like they changed it:
    Yup good news, that's a lot better. They're also checking internally for the Energy stuff.

What about Lavos / Hildryn, and why Warframe energy - seems scary!
    Firstly, Lavos and Hildryn are all up and running with cool downs and Shield-as-energy on Railjack, respectively. Secondly - yeah, it is scary! It’s a big change, and the Warframe Energy economy is a much different world than Flux. There have been some seriously great responses to this part of the Dev Workshop, and when we caveated everything in the workshop with ‘expect changes’, we had it in the back of our minds that this part would be most at risk for thrash. This answer serves one purpose: to let you know what we are reviewing this right now, and we will provide details on any plan revisions when they are final.

You mentioned Necramechs in all missions, why just Railjack missions in this update?
    We have Railjack missions set up in such a way that Necramechs are compatible in virtually all environments (hence Orphix coming back, etc). We still aim to deliver on our goal of game-wide Necramechs in a future update. In order to make sure this new feature doesn’t cause major issues, we need more time to test Father’s Old War toys before we fully let them loose!

Crew - Affinity? Competencies? How do those work?
    We have some minor changes here - as this is a new feature, it’s not really a change to anything you’ve experienced, but we wanted to clarify how this works.
    Crew Member Competency Points change:
    - Current workshop: “Crewmates will gain Affinity like you’re used to, which can be spent to increase aptitude in certain roles as ‘Competency Points’.
    - Change: On launch Competency Points will be earned through Intrinsic Ranks. You get one point at Rank 2, 4, 5, and 6. In later updates we will include Affinity gain for Crew Members, but for initial implementation Intrinsic Ranks will be the way to earn Competency Points.

Is the Orphix Venom vendor also coming back?

No, Arcanes will be within the Orphix mission rotations themselves in new Reward Tables.

@Ophenia. Have you tried the command intrinsic yet? I'm not sure its bugged atm or what but it didn't seem like the gunners were doing much. I'm gonna try doing some more solo lower level missions today to see how they do without me shooting any ships in my Archwing. It's also a little dissapointing that you can't change what they wear besides colors and adding warframe armor to them. Would have been nice to be able to put your crew in matching outfits.

----------------------------------------------
    Just ran the mission again and they seemed to do much better. They tore up all the fighters easily but I have tier 3 weapons equipped. Not sure how good they will be in a high end mission. I don't think they can kill crewships just disable em.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-20 at 09:26 PM.

@Ophenia. Have you tried the command intrinsic yet? I'm not sure its bugged atm or what but it didn't seem like the gunners were doing much. I'm gonna try doing some more solo lower level missions today to see how they do without me shooting any ships in my Archwing. It's also a little dissapointing that you can't change what they wear besides colors and adding warframe armor to them. Would have been nice to be able to put your crew in matching outfits.

----------------------------------------------
    Just ran the mission again and they seemed to do much better. They tore up all the fighters easily but I have tier 3 weapons equipped. Not sure how good they will be in a high end mission. I don't think they can kill crewships just disable em.
    I couldn't play a lot this weekend, but I've done two missions and I'm already done with RJ tbh. Previous iteration was not perfect but at least dogfights were enjoyable, now most of "RJ" missions are Warframe standard content, but with gates (everyone must gather at one point to "start" the standard mission, while the RJ goes in invincible mode, then we must gather at the end of the standard mission to be authorized to go back to space).

I'm also not a solo guy, I prefer group content, so I've hired some guys but didn't have the chance to see if they're useful at all or not. People on the forums seem to say the gunners are awesome, while pilots are not that great (they tend to reach the objective and do not do any escape maneuver).

To be fair here, this is what my experience in RJ looked like.
    - Tried one mission solo with 3x Liches for the lulz. "Defender" job is useless, dudes just roam on your ship doing nothing if there is no boarding parties.
    - Went to the Void to try to get one Hull, as my full T3 RJ was transformed into cardboard upon login. Got lucky to get one at first mission, but a bit disappointed that said mission lasted 20 minutes despite being an Extermination...
    - Went to Neptune's first node, didn't see it was Orphix, I didn't sign for it so I left when I noticed. I wanted to do RJ content, not standard Warframe content I'm doing since 2015, and even less Necramech content that I personally despise.
    - Went to another RJ node, with Ash, so my experience was kinda painful as he doesn't have the energy pull to use anything.

Needless to say I ragequitted, I'll probably give it another try next weekend...

Got the full tier 3 here.
    Not sure why they did,. but heck ill take free stuff.

New modding method for the ships is quite ok.
    New ship(railjack) layout is awesome compared to before.
    Crew are great, finally get to solo the missions without idiots barging in.

New railjack missions are confusing however,. it's basically just normal missions with a tiny bit of railjack content before it.

More nodes and some new weapons / things to add mastery points, pulling me ever closer to MR30 (29 now)

The need for the full group to enter is kinda annoying. I think it makes the ship invulnerable at least.
    @bbr I think they made the new missions like regular ones with a just little railjack content to try and get more players to play it. I kinda think it would have been better if those missions were on the actual map and only "full" railjack missions existed on the railjack map that way you don't have to random queue into basically another regular mission.

The need for the full group to enter is kinda annoying. I think it makes the ship invulnerable at least.
    Yes, Ship goes invulnerable for as long as everyone is doing the "standard mission".
    The most annoying is that there is no countdown/auto-teleport. Yesterday we were 3 in front of the objective, waiting for the fourth dude. For a solid 10 minutes, dancing around. At one point the fourth guy crashed so we entered, but damn, how was that "problem" not seen by devs ? If the fourth guy decides to ... do Railjack content by destroying ships to get RJ loots (he'd be totally in his rights), all three others have to wait until he decides to join ?

Yes, Ship goes invulnerable for as long as everyone is doing the "standard mission".
    The most annoying is that there is no countdown/auto-teleport. Yesterday we were 3 in front of the objective, waiting for the fourth dude. For a solid 10 minutes, dancing around. At one point the fourth guy crashed so we entered, but damn, how was that "problem" not seen by devs ? If the fourth guy decides to ... do Railjack content by destroying ships to get RJ loots (he'd be totally in his rights), all three others have to wait until he decides to join ?
    I pretty sure I saw a countdown timer today but I'm not sure. I think it starts a countdown when two people enter.