Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Doesn't EU win world first like..90% of the time anyway DESPITE the difference?

also lets be real..this would be a change that might affect what maybe 100 players AT MOST

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset happens.

Still a better solution than begging to Blizzard.
    That's not even a realistic solution because what happens? Either US gets an extra day of M+ farming or none of the US contenders get to play for a whole day. No, the players should not be given that burden, it's on Blizzard to determine if it's important enough to release the raid at the same time for both regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset happens.

Still a better solution than begging to Blizzard.
    The top guilds never agree on anything, that's why race to world first is rarely a combined event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

also lets be real..this would be a change that might affect what maybe 100 players AT MOST
    Yes. If you total all previous boss kills, it shows EU players are superior. We have increased intelligence, strength, reflexes and muscle memory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

Yeah mostly. Good on Limit for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Yes. If you total all previous boss kills, it shows EU players are superior. We have increased intelligence, strength, reflexes and muscle memory.
    I wouldn't go that far Mein Fuhrer =P

Read the headline that someone who got world first was backpedaling during the kill.

Disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Read the headline that someone who got world first was backpedaling during the kill.

Disappointed.
    WF Castle Nathria with Elethium Diffuser enabled!

It's pretty hilarious that when EU was dominating for a decade there were no threads about NA's massive glaring advantage (except NA seething about getting BTFO).
    Now NA is on top all of a sudden the system has always been completely fair bro, there's no way to fix it, won't someone think of the children.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Troll View Post
    Why isn't world first counted by when the servers went live for each region, i.e. Time since raid released? So literally all regions can compete equally, given an honor system of not watching your competitors. Or as everyone has suggested a global release time?
    Because the hardest part about a fight is figuring out a strategy and then executing it. Copying is much less difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a preferred region.
    If NA had the reset later I would say that the EU would need to wait for NA.

I am giving a solution. You don't have to like it but there is nothing better we can do currently. "Just wait for Blizz to do something" has not worked for many years.

As someone said earlier it could also be made that the WF is counted not in real time but as time passed since the reset in any given region.
    The only problem with this is that it ruins the feeling of the race and people cannot really comprehend time-zone differences.
    So even if let's say Limit does it in 48H but then Echo does it in 36H but a day later the community perception would still be "Limit won WF" because technically they did down the boss first but took more time.

This is because WF =/= Speedrunning. It's not about time spent. It's about actually downing the boss FIRST.

The only way this can be fair is if it opened at the exact same time for everyone.
    I don't care one bit about "boo but their sleep schedules", this is an actual race of the top of the top players sponsored by big brands and all.
    They can survive starting off a bit earlier/later in order to have a fair competition.

Again, this goes for any region, I don't care what the global release time would be. Could be 2 AM for Eu or NA or whoever, it does not matter to me OR them.
    This is about a fair race with equal starts.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know which server you're on right now, but go ahead an make a new account on the other one and tell me what your ping is.
    Limit literally raided from EU for Eternal Palace and had zero issues with lag. At least two of their main raiders this time around were raiding from eu as well.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to show me where I said anything about my preferred region other than pointing out the flaws in your arguments? I'll help you out: It says a whole lot more about your non-existent bias than it does mine. :^)
    I've never seen someone below 45 using an emoji like that.
    I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's not even a realistic solution because what happens? Either US gets an extra day of M+ farming or none of the US contenders get to play for a whole day. No, the players should not be given that burden, it's on Blizzard to determine if it's important enough to release the raid at the same time for both regions.
    Yes, that would be the best solution. I already stated this.

But Blizzard interference is not an option in this discussion. Especially since the WF race is not officially held by Blizz, but by the community.
    So the community would need to establish some rules first.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The top guilds never agree on anything, that's why race to world first is rarely a combined event.
    Yes, this is true, I agree and I also think it's pathetic coming from the "best".
    Shows that they really don't care about the competition just some e-peen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If we went with your plan EU guilds would also need to not raid on NA reset day.
    Precisely. You got my point.

Why would you assume that I don't agree with this? This was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by mekira View Post
    Don't need to change the server recycle day/times, just open Mythic difficulty at the same time globally - a la how expansion releases work. Likely easier to do as well.
    That would result in NA getting an additional run worth of loot from heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Because the hardest part about a fight is figuring out a strategy and then executing it. Copying is much less difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Limit literally raided from EU for Eternal Palace and had zero issues with lag. At least two of their main raiders this time around were raiding from eu as well.
    Okay, so if those EU players can adapt to NA reset times then it should be okay in the other was around as well.

I do agree that it would be better if the EU reset was moved to match the NA reset (much more reasonable time for both).
    However, as I stated like 3 times now, Blizz is not interested in re-making their weekly reset it seems.

So we have to work with what we have already. I'm not even sure if region transfers is a thing (this is not on the shop) but it's not needed when the alternative option is literally just waiting.
    It costs 0 money to wait, nobody loses anything and everyone can keep their own stuff at the end on their own realms/regions.

Since we have nnoggie from echo crying and throwing a tantrum after losing, it already started.
    He refuses to do any weak aura now out of kiddy tantrum.

I've never seen someone below 45 using an emoji like that.
    I understand now.
    I'll be 45 by the time you create an actual counter-argument at this rate.

The best solution would be to start counting the time from the moment of the raid opening on the guild's realm. Then compare the times on that base only.
    I know the usual answers, like "it doesn't really matter since Echo almost downed him too", "race gets close in the end anyway", "first is first", "you're just jealous that region X won this time". The Asian region has even more of a disadvantage.
    Yeah, you can argue that it's not hugely relevant that EU is 24h behind when in the end they often won or get close to winning. But the thing is, why should we even argue or relativize?
    A 100% fair way to measure this stuff is not at all complicated and so why don't we start doing it? Just because it was never done before? Is it a tradition thing, like "we always did it poorly so we continue to do it poorly because it's tradition"? Is it because WoW PvE raid e-sport isn't that "important" compared to other e-sports? I don't know. But I don't get why it should always continue like this, when a fair solution is so damn easy (counting differently). Nothing has to change except the evaluation. Simple solution to a simple problem.

Anyway, congrats to Limit.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2020-12-24 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    For long years they didnt need to move. Just get better and it will be allright.
    Anyway, there isnt any world first guild that doesnt speak English so your argument doesnt make sense...
    So, you mean they didnt need to move cause the 12 hours the NA region got wasnt enough handicap for em and EU still could make it?

Also do you think that in a game where one region which speaks english and starts sooner than other regions in WF would, you know, hinder a bit which language is on top spots?
    My argument is that having a whole guild on another region server with high latency/ping does affect your gameplay. The problem for me is not that one region starts first or one starts last. The problem is that its called "world first" yet most of the worlds starts later. Call it a NA first en? EU first etc. Imagine running a olympic 100m race and you have to start 10 seconds later than 3 guys from some random country and then they tell you that "omg, but you should move to that country then".

P.S before you come back at me that they indeed move the runners to same location. Yes, thats the whole point of this thread, to give em all a same starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Limit already raided from EU on US realms and it wasn't that much of an issue, but its better to screw over ~1 million people right? If ping starts being an issue they can rent studio in america for the duration of wf race. Echo is professional team, majority of their guilds lives off playing WoW so how about they invest some so they can make even more money? Your arguement is stupid. You adapt to world, if you expect the world to adapt to you then you are probably failing miserably in your life.
    Okay, then I ask you again, how is that a WF race? Its a US/NA first. Theres a loads of ways to resolve the situation.
    How would a delayed mythic launch screw over 1m people? If they would launch it, for example at friday night or saturday morning and told everyone weeks/months ahead. Yes some guilds would lose a raiding day but all solutions have ups and down.
    All in all, if you wish to have a competetive and fair race, you should not expect peeps to start 12 to 24 to 36 hours later then others. Even in car races the starting spots are determined before and they change, its not always 100% that you will start at the lead.

I'll be 45 by the time you create an actual counter-argument at this rate.
    I don't need to counter a non-argument.

I'm not insecure.
    My position is stated black and white.
    Your position is "No, because I don't like it".

At this point I'm done with your useless attacks and god-complex tone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nothing in my post indicates that you wouldn’t or don’t, however cutting off a day of progression for everyone, especially artificially, is fucking stupid. It would be infinitely easier to just make reset time global.
    As I stated many times now Blizz is not interested in amending their weekly resets for the WF race.
    The last few years are clear examples.

You can't just lay back and keep saying that they should. Yes they should but it's not like the community can't set up some rules until they eventually do it.

It's not any more "artificial" than the WF race itself. It's in the name of fair competition.
    The WF race is a community made event anyway.

I don't need to counter a non-argument.

I'm not insecure.
    My position is stated black and white.
    Your position is "No, because I don't like it".

At this point I'm done with your useless attacks and god-complex tone.
    Brother, you're projecting so hard you could set up a drive-in movie theater. I'd ask you to, you know, actually read my posts and respond to the content within them but it seems like you'd rather pretend your proposed solution is the only thing worth discussing in this thread. Have fun I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brother, you're projecting so hard you could set up a drive-in movie theater. I'd ask you to, you know, actually read my posts and respond to the content within them but it seems like you'd rather pretend your proposed solution is the only thing worth discussing in this thread. Have fun I guess.
    Been reading this whole argument between you two. All I can say is stop projecting.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Okay, then I ask you again, how is that a WF race? Its a US/NA first. Theres a loads of ways to resolve the situation.
    How would a delayed mythic launch screw over 1m people? If they would launch it, for example at friday night or saturday morning and told everyone weeks/months ahead. Yes some guilds would lose a raiding day but all solutions have ups and down.
    All in all, if you wish to have a competetive and fair race, you should not expect peeps to start 12 to 24 to 36 hours later then others. Even in car races the starting spots are determined before and they change, its not always 100% that you will start at the lead.
    It's competition created by players as something to brag about not by blizzard, why are you forcing blizzard's hand to interfere while they are clearly not interested in it? It is not a real competition and thats why you and all your arguements fail. Your analogy to race car competition is bad. The race car has organization that puts their own rules and prizes for winners. That's what WoW needs in order to evolve in esport scene. You need organization that sets the rule, you need prizes in order to get people to compete and then you need proper pr and interest from fanbase to follow it.

You are welcome for me solving race to world first for you.