Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    what would you call it? yes, the highborne OF THE TIME nearly destroyed the world. the highborne (now blood elves) of our time weren't the people who did that. you are blaming the descendants of long dead fanatics for something they didn't do. that is a grudge.
    Again, the Highborne who were banished were present during the WotA and Sundering. It is not held against the Blood Elves, who are descended from the banished Highborne, hell, Tyrande greeted them warmly in WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Could be either or, really depending on Night Elves reaction. Would they continue to shun Naga who defected from Azshara? Or would they welcome them like the Highborne Mages?
    ^ Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Again, the Highborne who were banished were present during the WotA and Sundering. It is not held against the Blood Elves, who are descended from the banished Highborne, hell, Tyrande greeted them warmly in WC3.
    so i guess all the racist taunts during the siege of the nighthold were made up? ya, nothing racist was done to an army providing aid. how could i be so foolish! it doesn't further the alliance as the sole good people in the warcraft universe so it couldn't possibly exist!

so i guess all the racist taunts during the siege of the nighthold were made up? ya, nothing racist was done to an army providing aid. how could i be so foolish! it doesn't further the alliance as the sole good people in the warcraft universe so it couldn't possibly exist!
    And now the tired hyperbolic sarcasm about Alliance being only good. Yeah, you're not interested in actual discussion. My mistake.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And now the tired hyperbolic sarcasm about Alliance being only good. Yeah, you're not interested in actual discussion. My mistake.
    if you wanted a conversation, maybe you should've responded to my points instead of focusing on the hyperbole and sarcasm...

you said it wasn't a grudge to hold the descendants of people who almost destroyed the world responsible for their ancestors actions. you DIDN'T respond to me asking what you call it. i mentioned you only defended the night elves against one of the three races they were dicks to but you DIDN'T respond to that. you DIDN'T respond to me pointing out the night elves attacked the orcs on sight because they were cutting down trees for survival purposes. you DIDN'T respond to me pointing out their hypocrisy (both of the prior you asked for examples of). you DIDN'T respond to me pointing out areas of agreement and portions of the lore you got wrong.

i've been trying to have a conversation. the problem is you don't seem to want to continue it and are looking for a way out without admitting you're wrong. so please, address all the points i have brought up that you have not addressed. i'd love a real conversation but you don't really seem like you want one.

if you wanted a conversation, maybe you should've responded to my points instead of focusing on the hyperbole and sarcasm...
    Or just maybe you could argue in good faith, without the childish crap.

i've been trying to have a conversation.
    That explains your hostile tone, personal attacks, and admitted hyperbole.

A conversation doesn't involve you attacking me and demanding answers for "Horde Poster's List of Talking Points against Night Elves", particularly since everything you brought up has been beaten to death on this forum and is wildly off topic. Further, in only a very few cases did you even TRY to argue from lore instead of a perspective so Horde slanted, I'm left wondering if you're RPing.

the problem is you don't seem to want to continue it and are looking for a way out without admitting you're wrong. so please, address all the points i have brought up that you have not addressed. i'd love a real conversation but you don't really seem like you want one.
    Nope, just not interested in your hostility.

Naga could be either Horde or Alliance.

If they were wrote that is more in line with their "Void"-associated writing that we saw in BFA, then they'd probably suit the Alliance, due to the Void Elves and perhaps even the Shen'dralar Highborne, who were also studying the Void whilst they were contained in the Court of the Highborne, in Eldre'Thalas.

If they were written as prideful, arrogant and wrote more in the way of general spellweaving, including but not limited to, Void, Shamanistic Magic, Arcane, Frost etc - then I'd say the Horde would suit them better. Nightborne and Blood Elves are part of that "highly strung" outlook, but other races could give them insight into the Void (Forsaken) or Shamanism (Orcs.)

Depends on the approach. If they went Alliance, I'd have an excuse to play Alliance, but being part of the "Humans and the rest" faction - that doesn't fill me with great excitement.

Pretty sure the tyrannical Tyrande would never allow the Naga to join the Alliance so Horde it is for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    neither. Did you not play Cataclysm, Legion or Battle for Azeroth?
    Zandalari joined Horde and Dark Irons joined Alliance. Former enemies who've we've faced multiple times or even served evil masters have already joined us.

I don't really understand why you guys say it is so unrealistic that Naga would join a faction.

Don't it make even less sense that The Forsaken, Undead, would join Horde, than Naga?

Since I still hope Horde gets Ogres one day I would be ok if Naga would join the Alliance out of necessity to fight a potential void invasion.

thinking about it, night elves are a bunch of a-holes.
    a-hole for calling out your bullshit? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    As a Shaman main I have looked into the lore of Lady Vashj lately and she is pretty cool. I would love to play something similar to her.

I don't know too much about lore, and I am wondering, IF Blizzard made Naga an allied race, would Naga be Alliance or Horde?

The argument against Naga used to be that their lower half was uncustomizable, but with races like Mechagnome, that argument falls short. I am hopeful for Naga in the next exspansion.

Concidering Naga sided with Illidan and the Blood Elfs in TBC, I guess Naga would be Horde?
    Shal'dorei of Suramar was intended to be Alliance, but at last moment was changed to Horde
    It had more sense to be Ally, not Red team, still, Blizz decided otherwise

so whatever is fit, it will be,

p.s. Ogres had so many chances to be introduced as Horde race, and they never did

Horde because visual identity > Lore.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Shal'dorei of Suramar was intended to be Alliance, but at last moment was changed to Horde

so whatever is fit, it will be,

p.s. Ogres had so many chances to be introduced as Horde race, and they never did
    That screams headcanon, could you provide a source?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    My headcanon indicates that NB went Horde basically because Alliance was going to get its long awaited high void elves - who have become by far the most played AR in the Alliance. Evidently devs thought that if Alliance was to get the Thalassian elf model, Horde should get the Kaldorei one (or something close enough).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My headcanon indicates that NB went Horde basically because Alliance was going to get its long awaited high void elves - who have become by far the most played AR in the Alliance. Evidently devs thought that if Alliance was to get the Thalassian elf model, Horde should get the Kaldorei one (or something close enough).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    That screams headcanon, could you provide a source?
    can't remember where I did read it tbh,
    there were several hints in-game too
    Moon Guard helped by Nightborne, a Kaldorei Druid giving Arcan'Dor for redemption to them, and also Refugee night elves from Val'Sharah coming to resistance refuge.
    when introduced new subraces, it was changed and nightborne simply became Horde, "because Tyrande was rude"

they decided to add void elves for Alliance, to satisfy High Elf fans, so gave nightborne to Horde instead

The Naga would try to join the Alliance, but then Tyrande would be all like "you were mean to me 25,000 years ago!" and so they'll go to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Horde because visual identity > Lore.
    No, actually. lore supports it:
    "The naga too are addicted to magic. As former Highborne, the naga's past abuse of the Well has not been without additional consequences. The Highborne were obsessed with the Well, and the naga have been exposed to the Well's residual magics for millennia. Consequently, modern naga are addicted to magic." - same with Blood elves and Nightborne.

Heck, even Elisande's arrogance and pact with the Burning Legion resemble that of Azshara's (same could be said on Kael'thas, who is a male):
    "In fact, Elisande's rule bears striking resemblances to one of a queen or monarch (specifically Queen Azshara, who also made a pact with the Burning Legion) though she is never officially referred to as such."

Moreover, Lady Vash'j allied with Kael'thas and his Blood elves, during Warcraft 3:
    "Lady Vashj: Our two races share a common ancestry, Kael.

Lady Vashj: Ishnu-dal-dieb, Prince Kael. We've come to join your fight against the vile dead.
    Prince Kael'thas: Greetings, Lady Vashj. I would welcome your aid gladly, but the commander I serve does not approve of your kind.
    Lady Vashj: I do not see him here, sharing your peril. Let me bolster your forces with my own. If not, you and your brethren will surely fall.
    Prince Kael'thas: What you say is true. But... I... I accept your offer, Vashj.
    Lady Vashj: Good. Let's get to it, then.

Prince Kael'thas: I can't explain it exactly, but ever since our homeland was destroyed, my brethren and I have felt empty... almost drained of our spirit.
    Prince Kael'thas: There is a hunger now that has... hardened our hearts.
    Lady Vashj: I know this hunger, Kael. Like us, your people are addicted to magic!
    Lady Vashj: It flowed through your veins for over ten thousand years. And now, with the corruption of your land and the Sunwell that empowered you...

Lady Vashj: Greetings, Kael. I assume we're not too late.
    Prince Kael'thas: On the contrary, Vashj. Your timing is impeccable. Once again, I am in your debt. But even if we free my brethren, there is nowhere to run. Garithos' forces outnumber us ten to one.
    Lady Vashj: You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... or choose a darker path... to freedom.
    Prince Kael'thas: What is this darker path?
    Lady Vashj: In the city above us stands a portal--a gateway that leads to other worlds.
    Prince Kael'thas: Yes, I know it. The lich, Kel'Thuzad, opened it to bring Archimonde here.
    Lady Vashj: Yes. My master, Illidan, awaits us on the other side of that portal! Lead your people to him, and he will forge you a new destiny. He will sate your people's burning hunger.
    Prince Kael'thas: Side with a rogue demon... or lead my people to their certain deaths. There is no choice here, Vashj. We'll have to free my lieutenants first. They'll be able to rally the others while we assault the exit.
    Lady Vashj: As you will."

The Naga might have saved Tyrande, at the behest of Prince Kael'thas but, they never allied themselves with her, Malfurion, Maiev or the Sentinels.

The only Night elf they did ally with was Illidan - now said to be at the request of their Old God master. but, one could assume that they found common ground with him, as they both shared magical addiction, passion for sorcery and hunger for power.

So, yes. According to all of their characteristics, they would find more common ground with the Blood elves and Nightborne, than with the nature-loving Night elves (despite having Shen'dralar Highborne).
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-12-24 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, yes. According to all of their characteristics, they would find more common ground with the Blood elves and Nightborne, than with the nature-loving Night elves (despite having Shen'dralar Highborne).
    Shen'dralar Highborne refugees are a minority.

The only reason why the Naga would be in the Alliance is through similiar magical practices with the Void Elves.

Naga would suit better on the Horde because like the other Horde races, they would be rejected and cast aside by the Alliance. Plus, Blood Elves and Nightborne share their ancestry. Silvermoon, Suramar and those who both directly and indirectly come from Zin-Azshari would make for a fantastic team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Shen'dralar Highborne refugees are a minority.

The only reason why the Naga would be in the Alliance is through similiar magical practices with the Void Elves.

Naga would suit better on the Horde because like the other Horde races, they would be rejected and cast aside by the Alliance. Plus, Blood Elves and Nightborne share their ancestry. Silvermoon, Suramar and those who both directly and indirectly come from Zin-Azshari would make for a fantastic team.
    I know. that's why i wrote "despite" (if anyone was to mention them as an argue in favor of Alliance Naga).