Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When can we expect our first patch ?

Just wondering on how i wanna do things before the next patch hits.
    Any idea's on what time the next patch will be released at.

Makes it easier to plan my things.

Februari? March?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just wondering on how i wanna do things before the next patch hits.
    Any idea's on what time the next patch will be released at.

Makes it easier to plan my things.

Februari? March?
    well we should be getting flying in patch 9.1 and they said it would be tied to renown. given that we are getting 3 renown a week, that should mean we hit renown 40 the reset starting the 23rd Feb. so maybe a week after that (which will probably increase our renown again who knows)

The ball says 33rd of February

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well we should be getting flying in patch 9.1 and they said it would be tied to renown. given that we are getting 3 renown a week, that should mean we hit renown 40 the reset starting the 23rd Feb. so maybe a week after that (which will probably increase our renown again who knows)
    Try 9.2

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

The ball says 33rd of February

Try 9.2
    That’s not what they said in an interview

Why would we ever get flying in 9.1? It would pretty much completely invalidate the entire point of upgrading the covenant teleportation networks.

Flying will most likely show up in 9.2 when the content is no longer current as it should.

As for the actual 9.1 patch I would imagine that we will have a full and proper announcement for it at Blizzconline, so probably something like Late February/Early March.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why would we ever get flying in 9.1?
    Because Blizzard themselves said so.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why would we ever get flying in 9.1? It would pretty much completely invalidate the entire point of upgrading the covenant teleportation networks.

Flying will most likely show up in 9.2 when the content is no longer current as it should.

As for the actual 9.1 patch I would imagine that we will have a full and proper announcement for it at Blizzconline, so probably something like Late February/Early March.
    How would it invalidate the covenant teleport system? Instant travel to where you want to go vs. flying ... no brainer. And it was either a blue post or an interview with a dev where it was mentioned that we would get flying with the first major patch after 9.0.

Let's see, OP. Everybody here except you works at Blizzard, so we'll just ring up our bosses and ask.

OK - they all said it should be "the second week of how the frell should we know".

Because we don't work at Blizzard. So seriously, how the frell should we know? Why don't you tell me when I'm going to win the lottery?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

That’s not what they said in an interview
    Then what did they say in an interview then? I know they said it would be tied to Renown, but that doesnt mean you will get it with Renown 40, they could easily add another 20-30 more levels of Renown to timegate questlines in each patch. What is to say Flying isnt locked behind a hypothetical Renown 70?

Then what did they say in an interview then? I know they said it would be tied to Renown, but that doesnt mean you will get it with Renown 40, they could easily add another 20-30 more levels of Renown to timegate questlines in each patch. What is to say Flying isnt locked behind a hypothetical Renown 70?
    https://www.windowscentral.com/world...andom-and-more
    On the topic of flight though, our plan for flying in Shadowlands is we would like to have flying earned, likely in our next major content patch after launch. We'd like to move away from using reputation and instead tying flight unlock to completion of the main Covenant campaign and its successive chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sielu View Post
    How would it invalidate the covenant teleport system? Instant travel to where you want to go vs. flying ... no brainer. And it was either a blue post or an interview with a dev where it was mentioned that we would get flying with the first major patch after 9.0.
    For Necrolords the point of Zerekriss is lost as you can simply fly wherever instead of having a tactical advantage in the zone by being able to jump from a moving elevated vantage point.
    For Night Fae the big reward at the end is the ability to explore the solitary landmasses off the main landmass, flying would let everyone do it, and more importantly mean that there would be no good point in having the third rank at all except for the portal to Oribos.
    Bastion I will give you since that is the most cut and dry teleport with a bonus.
    Venthyr are also similar to Night Fae in that you get unique teleports that are suppoed to be unreachable for anyone else, and while they could simply not phase the rewards in until you actually have hte upgrade it would feel like a bit of a break to immersion.

I sincerely doubt that an interview stated we would have flying in 9.1. I think it more likely they simply stated that we would get flying in A major patch and that it would be gated behind Renown instead of rep like before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well shush my mouth then. Seems like a terrible idea in my mind so I will assume they misspoke.

Which is really just an estimate, not a definite announcement.

I sincerely doubt that an interview stated we would have flying in 9.1. I think it more likely they simply stated that we would get flying in A major patch and that it would be gated behind Renown instead of rep like before.

Well shush my mouth then. Seems like a terrible idea in my mind so I will assume they misspoke.
    Well, the interview doesn't state we will have flying in 9.1. Only that we might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Well, the interview doesn't state we will have flying in 9.1. Only that we might get it.
    It does also state the next Major patch, which could be 9.2 since the 9.1 patch will likely only have the raid and questlines, no new zones or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

It's the only thing Blizzard has said about Flying so it's the best we got. Of course Blizzard can change it. Nothing stopping them from just not adding flying the entire expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For Necrolords the point of Zerekriss is lost as you can simply fly wherever instead of having a tactical advantage in the zone by being able to jump from a moving elevated vantage point.
    For Night Fae the big reward at the end is the ability to explore the solitary landmasses off the main landmass, flying would let everyone do it, and more importantly mean that there would be no good point in having the third rank at all except for the portal to Oribos.
    Bastion I will give you since that is the most cut and dry teleport with a bonus.
    Venthyr are also similar to Night Fae in that you get unique teleports that are suppoed to be unreachable for anyone else, and while they could simply not phase the rewards in until you actually have hte upgrade it would feel like a bit of a break to immersion.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean yes and no. The teleports could still be useful. I mean it’d be faster for me to instantly teleport somewhere using the Night Fae mushroom network rather than fly there. But yeah generally flying will be used especially if just using the flight points in a single zone

It does also state the next Major patch, which could be 9.2 since the 9.1 patch will likely only have the raid and questlines, no new zones or similar.
    9.1 would still be a "major patch". Minor patches are things like 9.1.5 or 9.2.5.

I mean yes and no. The teleports could still be useful. I mean it’d be faster for me to instantly teleport somewhere using the Night Fae mushroom network rather than fly there. But yeah generally flying will be used especially if just using the flight points in a single zone
    The more salient point I feel is that while teleports are still a marginal upgrade over simply flying wherever, the bigger problem is that if teleports are a tiny upgrade to flying for players in their own zone then giving it to everyone is even worse, since everyone would have access to all the zones with only a tiny bit more inconvenience compared to players who chose that zones covenant.

Mostly I just hope flying doesnt show up at all except maybe the final patch. I never liked how flying neutered the outdoor experience, and I feel that would be even worse now in Shadowlands that Blizzard has made real strides in making non-instanced content better.

- - - Updated - - -

9.1 would still be a "major patch". Minor patches are things like 9.1.5 or 9.2.5.
    To us and the rest of the community for sure, though developers sometimes have weird ideas that seem strange to us. I would not be surprised if the devs internally don't consider the X.1 patch a major patch like they do for X.2 or X.3.

To us and the rest of the community for sure, though developers sometimes have weird ideas that seem strange to us. I would not be surprised if the devs internally don't consider the X.1 patch a major patch like they do for X.2 or X.3.
    The whole point of creating x.x.5 patches is to add content in lesser patches to major ones. They even called 6.1 a major patch. I have zero clue where you're getting this idea from.

After covenant campaign you will get 2 renown per week

Major content patch = new tier = 9.2