Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The effect of flying will largely depend on what actually 9.1 content will be. Take Nazjatar: new recipes, new consumables, new factions, new zone that invalidates everything from the zones before. Noone cares if you can fly in Ardenweald when the happening and the top new resources are in the new zone (where you may or may not will be able to fly at all). Profession skill points are similar to BfA.
    But then typically new zones don't come in .1 patches. .1 patches are usually light on stuff, jsut a kick in the butt to roll us to the .2 patch ,which is usually new zone and juicier.
    We'll see how its done in a couple of weeks I guess.
    I can imagine every patch being a new Shadowland zone and new covenants etc. Not sure if it wouldn't get old quickly tho (or if Blizz has the resources to actually deliver that).
    If 9.1 is going to be what we normally assume a 9.2 pathc to be then sure, but I would still be iffy about getting flying so early in the expansion, even if we then also assume we are looking at a WoD scenario where the expansion's final raid is in 9.2.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If 9.1 is going to be what we normally assume a 9.2 pathc to be then sure, but I would still be iffy about getting flying so early in the expansion, even if we then also assume we are looking at a WoD scenario where the expansion's final raid is in 9.2.
    .1 .2 and .3 are major content patches. With raid tiers, dungeons, sometimes zones etc.

This weird idea of .1 patch is probably because of BfA which just introduced a raid + some pseudo pvp world content that people didnt consider vast enough for their liking
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm proving his point, which remind you was ".1's never bring anything with it except about an hr of content", by showing this wasn't the case at all?
    Compare .1 patches to .2 patches. in .2 we usually get a whole new zone, whole new factions, rewards, maybe new consumables, recipes etc, a raid that comes with it. Major sotryline progression. .1 patches are bridging patches that are not much work for the art team, it's like a refreshing drink halfway through a marathon.
    I don't care what the devs call it, ever since 6.1 was a major content patch, one of the biggest in the game in fact or some shit ion said at that point. For all I care they could call it almost a new expansion. The real weight of it what matters.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-12-28 at 07:58 PM.

Compare .1 patches to .2 patches. in .2 we usually get a whole new zone, whole new factions, rewards, maybe new consumables, recipes etc, a raid that comes with it. Major sotryline progression. .1 patches are bridging patches that are not much work for the art team, it's like a refreshing drink halfway through a marathon.
    Okay? And? I'm not comparing .1 and .2 patches because that has nothing to do with disproving the others posters comment. Once again, to remind you, it was ".1's never bring anything with it except about an hr of content". This has nothing, nothing, to do with whether or not .2 patches are bigger.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    .1 .2 and .3 are major content patches. With raid tiers, dungeons, sometimes zones etc.

This weird idea of .1 patch is probably because of BfA which just introduced a raid + some pseudo pvp world content that people didnt consider vast enough for their liking
    The point was never that X.1 patches are not significant enough to warrant being called a major patch, the question was whether the developers would have a reason to think so. What the players think isnt really important, obviously we assume 9.1 to be a major patch because why wouldnt we, but when Ion says we will get flying in the next major patch that doesnt automatically mean that he meant 9.1, or more likely that he misspoke or was paraphrased wrongly.

That being said, it is true that the second raid not being part of the base game is a change that only recently showed up, which is why the Developers might not count teh X.1 oatch as a major patch. What the Players think is not really that relevant in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

The ball says 33rd of February

Try 9.2
    Nada, Blizz said that flying is coming in the first patch.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Compare .1 patches to .2 patches.
    No.

Both are considered major content patches. There's nothing worth comparing here. Sure, .2 patches have often been a bigger escalation in content compared to .1 patches, but that doesn't make .1 not a major content patch release. You can try all you like to try and decide what is and isn't major content, and you can care or not care what the devs call it. Facts don't care about whether you care. 9.1 will be considered a major content patch, no matter what content it brings.

ever since 6.1 was a major content patch, one of the biggest in the game in fact or some shit ion said at that point.
    This just sounds like you talking out of your ass, but I'd love to see your source for this if you have one.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Patch 6.1 was extremely light on content and might have better been named Patch 6.0.5. It was a small set of updates, but using a major patch number may have been misleading.

Thanks, I was wondering where exactly that was.

You actually ever look at those patch notes or do you just scroll and go "OMG THERES SO MUCH STUFF!" Seriously now, if you take the class tuning, UI fixes and adjustments your left with little. Lets look at 8.1 true list with all that fluff B>S removed..

A new Raid, A short War Campaign, a short intro to the Darkshore, Darkshore Warfront/WQ's

Not so honorable mentions.. Incursions if you were lucky enough to be around for them, Pet Dungeon if that was your cup of tea and Heritage Armor is u were a Blood Elf or Dwarf. 2 new Expedition maps which didnt matter int he grand scheme of gather everything into 1 pile and be done with it..

An lets be real about 7.1, it had less then what I listed for 8.1. 3 boss raid, an into questline into a rehashed Karazhan, some Suramar stuff and a couple new WQs that branched into pets and mount stuff..

I think it will be when we reach renown rank 40.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    You actually ever look at those patch notes or do you just scroll and go "OMG THERES SO MUCH STUFF!" Seriously now, if you take the class tuning, UI fixes and adjustments your left with little. Lets look at 8.1 true list with all that fluff B>S removed..

A new Raid, A short War Campaign, a short intro to the Darkshore, Darkshore Warfront/WQ's

Not so honorable mentions.. Incursions if you were lucky enough to be around for them, Pet Dungeon if that was your cup of tea and Heritage Armor is u were a Blood Elf or Dwarf. 2 new Expedition maps which didnt matter int he grand scheme of gather everything into 1 pile and be done with it..

An lets be real about 7.1, it had less then what I listed for 8.1. 3 boss raid, an into questline into a rehashed Karazhan, some Suramar stuff and a couple new WQs that branched into pets and mount stuff..
    Everything you mention still counts as a major patch. I like how you think a raid is simply nothing, let alone everything else.

Jesus Christ, what the hell constitutes a "major content patch" in your mind, if an entire raid tier, quest campaigns, dungeon content, and other queued content is considered "little"? What are you even trying to argue here?
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-12-28 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't class sets or whatever estimated to come in the first patch too?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Weren't class sets or whatever estimated to come in the first patch too?
    Well next raid tier to be exact. Next patch could be a mini-raid.

Well next raid tier to be exact. Next patch could be a mini-raid.
    Were they? I just remember Ion talking about concept art for them.

Not that I would mind that, especially if we have a more Necrolord genes raid, might actually get a decent hunter set.

Everything you mention still counts as a major patch. I like how you think a raid is simply nothing, let alone everything else.
    Show me where I said it wasn't a major patch...

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Jesus Christ, what the hell constitutes a "major content patch" in your mind, if an entire raid tier, quest campaigns, dungeon content, and other queued content is considered "little"? What are you even trying to argue here?
    Sorry, but considering scaling, UI Fixes and Class balances as "Major Content" is laughable. An yes, outside of Raids I think the content we get is little and shallow and takes absolutely no time at all.

People are willfully dumb these days, despite having access to Google... It boggles the mind.

- - - Updated - - -

You're kind of proving his point here. And I love how 6.1 conveniently got left out.
    But then I wouldn't mix pre-wod stuff here, because clearly WoD was a start of a new era, but especially legion with patch cycles and content delivery.
    6.1 was a freak, not the norm, for .1 patches.

WoD was actually NOT the start of a new era, MoP was. They then regressed heavily for WoD, and returned to MoP's established norms and then some for Legion. Although in my mind they haven't been able to match 5.2 again since. That's more an issue of themes and raid design than content on paper... I know for a fact that a whole bunch of people considered 5.2 to be light on content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Some people are just like that, I suppose. Nothing's enough, everything can be reduced to its absolute lowest quality if one tries hard enough.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-12-28 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why would we ever get flying in 9.1? It would pretty much completely invalidate the entire point of upgrading the covenant teleportation networks.

Flying will most likely show up in 9.2 when the content is no longer current as it should.

As for the actual 9.1 patch I would imagine that we will have a full and proper announcement for it at Blizzconline, so probably something like Late February/Early March.
    They did say in an interview flying is comming 1st content patch and would work with renown. now i dont know when will this patch will be but thats what they said
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Show me where I said it wasn't a major patch...
    Oh right, I forgot who was who. Sorry. Your argument was ".1's never bring anything with it except about an hr of content" which was still proven false.