View Poll Results: Is Shadowlands too dark?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Yes

23 21.70%
  • No

83 78.30%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I always flask when I raid.. You don't?
    I’ve done the only available wing about 5 times on various characters over the last 3 weeks and it has been an absolute breeze. No wipes, the three bosses are easy as fuck

please explan what the fuck you mean by "Edgy", you keep throwing words like they mean something but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Uff... was interest about what OP thinks about other expanions.... you have a lot of weird threads...

BFA love trhead? Donald Trump appreciation thread... A freaking LFR in Classic thread? Seriously classic? No wonder you have problems with lfr.
    Any person who has a donald trump appreciation thread is lost already.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Uff... was interest about what OP thinks about other expanions.... you have a lot of weird threads...

BFA love trhead? Donald Trump appreciation thread... A freaking LFR in Classic thread? Seriously classic? No wonder you have problems with lfr.
    I'm very.consistent.

I still believe to this day making LFR the only difficulty and stop forcing people to interact is in the best interests. The game would flourish like never before.

Well the faory ladies are like an oasis but they also don't fit the theme of WoW very well..

Besides they also act very evil.. Which is concerning.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the last star wars movies very much. Rae is the best main character since.. Ever?

Tastes.. Very subjective.

I'm very unhappy about shadowlands. We should have stick to what works. All this edginess and randomness killed the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

The theme is half the probem which makes us fprget the lackluster content and convoluted but boring systems and gameplay..
    Nothing in SL is edgy. Sounds like you were just sheltered to much as a child. Also anyone who says the last Star Wars movies were good does not deserve an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any person who has a donald trump appreciation thread is lost already.
    Yes... Even more today.

I always flask when I raid.. You don't?
    Why would you spend 1k+ gold to flask for a LFR group?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    LFR - Wtf is wrong with you, it's easier than ever.

PvP - A mess? It's better than it has been in years.

Torghast - It's nothing remotely like islands.

Lore - There is plenty of Lore, you don't have to like it but that's fine. Who gives a fuck, it's always been fucking stupid.
    pvp is shit, to much burst and as matter of fact the last 3 expansions are same shit with different skins we had legendary abilities then that stupid azerite and now we have anima with covenant abilities
    Last edited by Soimu; 2020-12-29 at 10:36 PM.

I don't think it's dark, it feels more... lonely in a way. Kinda claustrophobic. I'm of the opinion that exploring afterlife makes the game's world feels smaller and more restrictive. The zones feel very isolated and closed off and not a part of some bigger world. Lonely islands. Not to mention the whole lore part which I don't appreciate at all. I do enjoy the Venthyr, Fae etc. in a vacuum, but as a part of the WoW's afterlife, not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had the scourge we don't need scourge 2.0 but with an edge.
    We're venturing into where the scourge came from and why. Arthas, puppet of the Jailer and not Nerzhul like we originally thought. Its all tied together with the Jailer pulling the strings. We're also going to find out the Jailer is actually Garrosh and the Runecarver (Vol'jin).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Lol, did LFR, had one wipe on Huntsman because two warriors thought it was fun to nuke borghast without stunning so casts went off :P

That was it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I can totally agree. I find there's torture left and right, 'sin' and damination, and characters who I really would like to see die but can't. The.... 'gloominess' sort of feels like it isn't helping my anxiety at all, but that's just a personal thing I guess. However, I don't think Blizzard can write a Faction War. At all. Its probably better for the 'factions' to just keep fighting together because you can only do it against each other for so long

Hmm. I'm a RPer and I'm not really bothered by the new Lore. Except shoving Bwonsamdi into blue fairy land. At least he isn't in Maldraxxus (which literally makes me feel sick to my stomach), or in torture vampire land. Still bothers me though

Oh, and f**k Revendreth. Hated that hellish place. I'd rather be forced to walk through the Maw
    Bwonsamdi actually isn't in Ardenweald, but rather has his own unique realm, De Other Side, which borders Ardenweald. He's basically one of Ardenweald's next-door neighbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I still believe to this day making LFR the only difficulty and stop forcing people to interact is in the best interests. The game would flourish like never before.
    So your goal for wow is to make it into a single player RPG, remove guilds and trivialize the difficulty of end game raiding content? Well add me to the list of people who wouldn't help that iteration of WoW flourish. That would kill a huge portion of raiding content. If there was nothing more difficult than LFR what would even be the point of raiding. Everything just falls over in LFR whether you do mechanics or not. I enjoy working my way through hard bosses and learning the mechanics as well as the pacing of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol, did LFR, had one wipe on Huntsman because two warriors thought it was fun to nuke borghast without stunning so casts went off :P

That was it.
    Yes it has some very complicated mechanics

No it doesnt.

Those warriors were most likely trolling.

It has one of the easiest mechanics ever created. Seriously, I am concerned for you if you think a boss with literal mechanics a toddler could do difficult.

That is literally explained ingame.... youhave to read like 4 sentences.... if THAT is too much maybe you should stick with stuff like Animal Crossing and Tetris on 0,5x speed...

Sorry but are you actually trolling? Becuase i cannot explain it otherwise.

There is NOTHING dark in shadowlands. Everything is made goofy and slapsticky. There is no terror or horror like the screams in the background of ICC. Thorgast looks more like a Lord of the rings fortress with metal robots standing around for no reason. Maldraxxus is one pun after another with goofy characters left and right.

It should be even darker. Way darker for what they are trying to tell. The jailor tries to destroy our world and the afterlive in one swoop. But nowhere in the complete experience do you ever get the feeling that there is any danger at all. Instead you play build a bear, partymaker, gardner and whatever it si the kyrians do.

Don't get me wrong i actually enjoy the story and i am not one of those people who take lore and examine very word an NPC says to despetratly find something that is left when some years ago anther one said it was right. Doesnt matter. Story overall is fine. Just way too cheery. I don't think wow was ever more a comic than now. Hell BfA was quite a bit darker in its themes and delivery.... showing genocide and all remember? All out war. Basically a world war between the biggest countries of azeroth. Countless deaths. Civil war and the quite close and barely stopped destruction and corruption of azeroth.

EDIT: ALSO Why the hell to you ask different questions in the title and the poll? Which both have the other answer. I saw it just in time but you can kick that poll to the curb because i can guarantee you more than one person did not see the switch you pulled of there.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2020-12-30 at 02:44 AM.

Yes there is an evil dark enemy we must 'apparently' oppose. Meanwhile we're gathering other evil entities as allies..
    Meetings a bunch of other evil entities we already slew, some of which are now even darker while others simply embraced the Dark.
    They're not evil anymore, at least not the ones we recruit as allies. If they were, they would either be in the Maw, or being part of the enemy group. Remember that the whole thing about souls is that if they are good/neutral, they are sent to Ardenweald, Bastion or Maldraxxus. If the soul is evil/sinful, they are sent to Revendreth for atonement. Repenting for their sins means being sent to one of the other three areas. Refusing to atone means being sent to the Maw.

- Torghast is Expedition Islands 2.0 but with, obviously a dark edgy theme.
    It's not.

- Lore? There's no such thing anymore. RPers are forced into this theme and lack of cohesion.
    RP'ers were always "forced into the theme" of every expansion. And "lack of cohesion"? No, the thing still cohesive.

- LFR is too hard right now.
    Um... what?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Necrolord is basicaly Scourge 2.0. They put new souls into a meat blender arena and then stitch together the victims into abominations. There was only a single house out of 5 that is okay and even they had a sizeable betrayal that caused them to lose their home base.

Venthyr torture and drain souls for eternity. There's even a quest where they just release them into the wild with the risk of being attacked by the wildlife and permanently deleted. Then once they are "scared enough", you bring them back for education.

Kyrian wipe the memories and force conversion of the souls that arrive there or else you are labeled a "dissident" and are permanently deleted. "Either become a mindless slave or die".

Night Fae would normally be fine if it wasn't for the anima drought that forces them to have to make sacrifices.

Besides Night Fae they are all extremely grey.
    ......fae in general are all grey, even in real world lore. Also never give then your name if they ask "may i have your name?"

The ventyr are supposed to be second worst place to go, literally "it's take your beatings fron us and repent or go to the law forever" their leader just sucks.

Agree about kyrian.

The necrolords intro thing shows yiu how bad the other houses have gotten and corrupted.

Pretty much we are trying to fix the shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I can't speak for what may come, but I don't think you can get much edgier than BfA...murderous Sylvanas burning down Teldrassil...trying to kill everyone to stop hope. Innocents being burned alive...parents impaled on pikes while their children look up crying

Yes just last night I had to make everyone in the raid use flask otherwise it would be impossible. Very hard right now
    mshadowlands.my group tonight had people spamming the countdown and changing the whole raid ui, had healers marked dps, a poor priest marked tank and they jist swapped people mid fight. It was trolling at its best.

We beat lfr, it was funny.