Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is a large difference between bugged and bad. If the bugs were fixed majority of your "Bad design" issues disappear. Calling such a view willfully ignorant is being over dramatic. And you clearly had a response otherwise you wouldn't have posted or called me ignorant. Again a touch of drama that isn't really needed. Weird huh?
    I did not call you ignorant. I said the notion was ignorant, willfully, and it is.

I don't have a response to that notion; I have not seen or played with a worse UI in years. There is nothing else to it. If you have played worse, bless your poor heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I did not call you ignorant. I said the notion was ignorant, willfully, and it is. I don't have a response to that notion; I have not seen or played with a worse UI in years. There is nothing else to it. If you have played worse, bless your poor heart.
    A silly distinction. If it is the argument I am making then calling the argument ignorant is the same as calling me ignorant. You have had plenty of responses to that notion. A bugged UI being the worst you have used in years is a different from being a horrible UI. The design remains the same even when it isn't functioning properly. A terrible design will always be terrible even when the bugs are fixed.

By your own words though the UI will no longer be terrible if the bugs with it are fixed because then you would be left with a few minor issues. You are being overly dramatic about the UI and its design.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

A silly distinction. If it is the argument I am making then calling the argument ignorant is the same as calling me ignorant.
    I disagree and would never correlate the two because it seemed to be you were saying the UI is bugged and doesn't support this or that. I would not say one is ignorant as an individual for thinking that is true, but the notion would be.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt you genuinely think or have information bugs or some other technical failures are the sources of what I consider the worst UI I have used in a long time.

You have had plenty of responses to that notion
    I really don't. I have a lot of thoughts on the UI itself but the notion you have toward it, I can only say good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Regarding cyberware, the fact that you can't end the game looking like Adam Smasher is severely disappointing.
    that and the lack of drugs outside alcohol.
    damn i was dreaming to be a completely body horror like a silicon being of BLAME! but nope <,<
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree and would never correlate the two because it seemed to be you were saying the UI is bugged and doesn't support this or that. I would not say one is ignorant as an individual for thinking that is true, but the notion would be. I am giving the benefit of the doubt you genuinely think or have information bugs or some other technical failures are the sources of what I consider the worst UI I have used in a long time. I really don't. I have a lot of thoughts on the UI itself but the notion you have toward it, I can only say good luck to you.
    Willful requires intent. Which requires the person since words only carry the intent of the writer. If an individual has the notion then it is one and the same right? You are making a distinction to save face because you somehow don't want to back up your own words. Just like you keep trying to claim you have no response and yet you have several posts now with a response to such a statement. Weird right?

There is no benefit of the doubt needed. You made an actual list here breaking down what made you think the UI was terrible. And most of it has to do with clear bugs in the game surrounding the rebinding of keys. The design of the UI is fine. Is it perfect? No. But if you fix the clear bugs from your list it will be anything but the worst UI unless your list is extremely short. And then that makes your statement dramatic for other reasons because having a short list can make anything the worst you've seen.

Oh and if it is the notion I have toward it then doesn't that mean you called me ignorant since you assigned ownership of the notion to me? Weird right? If a person makes an ignorant argument then they are being ignorant in that moment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And most of that is issues with rebinding keys which the game does not fully support. So doing an bullet point list is silly. It is all tied to rebinding not being fully supported. The rest is just minor issues that are more quality of life rather then terrible design and certainly far for the worst UI in decades. The game will not be majorly flawed if everything else is fixed just because the UI isn't up to your personal level of taste. That is why you are being over dramatic.
    Wrong the UI is ugly to look at and has poor explanation, Fencers is correct.

The rest is just minor issues that are more quality of life rather then terrible design and certainly far for the worst UI in decades.
    There are plenty of Minor Issues that amount to terrible and rushed Design.

The game will not be majorly flawed if everything else is fixed just because the UI isn't up to your personal level of taste.
    It's not a personal opinion, it's a bad UI.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-30 at 10:24 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Beauty is subjective.

It's not a personal opinion, it's a bad UI.
    No, it's not.
    I have no issues with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Regarding cyberware, the fact that you can't end the game looking like Adam Smasher is severely disappointing.
    This is like the only legit complaint in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it's not.
    I have no issues with it.
    Still poorly designed.

- - - Updated - - -

Beauty is subjective.
    It's not subjective that the UI is badly designed.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-30 at 11:21 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

This is like the only legit complaint in this thread.
    That, the way the cops are implemented (aside from the fact that I can quickhack medtechs, but not normal cops, they just blip into the world and give up after a hundred yards), and I wish I could deploy remote drones for recon or combat as an invested netrunner (I used to play Neocron where you could do some cool shit with drone weaponry). They teased that with the spiderbot and then... nothing.
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2020-12-30 at 11:09 PM.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    That, the way the cops are implemented.
    The way AI and Level Scaling is implemented isn't good either.

The way AI and Level Scaling is implemented isn't good either.
    Ai is never good in any games.
    Heck, you're on a forum mainly for WoW and you complain about Cyberpunks AI?

The game as a whole is fun. I haven't had as much fun with a game in years.
    If it's not for you, move along or just make a better one yourself.

Ai is never good in any games.
    Completely False.

Heck, you're on a forum mainly for WoW and you complain about Cyberpunks AI?
    Yet there is section on the website dedicated to other games.

Willful requires intent. Which requires the person since words only carry the intent of the writer. If an individual has the notion then it is one and the same right? You are making a distinction to save face because you somehow don't want to back up your own words. Just like you keep trying to claim you have no response and yet you have several posts now with a response to such a statement. Weird right?

There is no benefit of the doubt needed. You made an actual list here breaking down what made you think the UI was terrible. And most of it has to do with clear bugs in the game surrounding the rebinding of keys. The design of the UI is fine. Is it perfect? No. But if you fix the clear bugs from your list it will be anything but the worst UI unless your list is extremely short. And then that makes your statement dramatic for other reasons because having a short list can make anything the worst you've seen.

Oh and if it is the notion I have toward it then doesn't that mean you called me ignorant since you assigned ownership of the notion to me? Weird right? If a person makes an ignorant argument then they are being ignorant in that moment.
    What are you even on about here? That we disagree on the quality of the UI? Okay, clearly so.

What would I need to save face for or to whom; am I giving a press conference? I clearly and purposefully used the phrasing "willfully ignorant notion" from the start without any duplicity. If I wanted or thought to call you personally an ignorant person; I would have done so, and it's not a thing I would shy away from in the past w/r/t other instances. I did not originally or after. You can do whatever you wish with that phrasing.

I don't know what you have played that is worse or better- but more power to you on that front. It's irrelevant to my statement CP2077 is the worst UI I have played in a long time and some of my biggest issues with the UI- which I listed, with examples.

I still have nothing to say about your statement CP2077 not having a terrible UI except, "good luck/okay dude".

Well, okay. I don't have a response to such a willfully ignorant notion. If you are truly playing major AAA games with less responsive, inconsistent, inaccurate, and non-functioning elements then may your future be filled with brighter UIs. Because I have not seen a AAA game with a UI this poor in a long time and my husband who designs UIs for a living has not either.
    I don't have a response to that notion; I have not seen or played with a worse UI in years. There is nothing else to it. If you have played worse, bless your poor heart.
    I really don't. I have a lot of thoughts on the UI itself but the notion you have toward it, I can only say good luck to you.
    I am saying the same thing here multiple ways; if you don't think this is a terrible UI, okay fine, it is to me. Good luck.

How many more ways do you want me to phrase this before your forum argument meter is full?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    that and the lack of drugs outside alcohol.
    damn i was dreaming to be a completely body horror like a silicon being of BLAME! but nope <,<
    I actually thought we might be able to go more of a cyber/humanity route where perhaps it was part of the story and gameplay that players became less "human" over time with more body modification.

The "role" playing of the game is so diminished in my opinion from CDPR's previous games. The Witcher 2 in particular was effective in making me play in a manner I thought Geralt would act- I actively played the role of the character as I thought he might behave. Such as an actor or writer might think of a character apart from their own motivations.

V is pretty meh as a character and rolling V "my way" really didn't seem to have an impact on anything really.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-30 at 11:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many more ways do you want me to phrase this before your forum argument meter is full?
    I don't know you are the one apparently keeping a count and who keeps arguing with me. Weird how it is my fault but not yours when a conversation can only happen if both people respond. You backed off from calling me ignorant because I am the one giving the intent to the words. You just ignore whatever you want for whatever reason. How many times did you say that you have no response yet this is now the fourth post or so of you responding to those things? Weird right?

Here is a question for you. If the bugs with rebinding were fixed would the UI still be a terrible design? Or would it be okay but with some minor issues? That is the problem. You keep saying it is a terrible design with out acknowledging majority of your list is about bugs rather then a design flaw. The UI isn't terrible. There are just bugs.

So it is not a terrible UI design that allows key rebinding of say, the crouch function but does not work when rebound?
    Again. It isn't a terrible design if something is bugged. Because a bug exists independent of the design. If something is able to be rebound but does not function correctly that is not a design choice but a clear bug. And you called that an ignorant position to have. Don't you find it weird that you think it is ignorant to say a design is independant of bugs? Are you really trying to claim that the bugs are part of the design and were planned from the start?

If those clear bugs were fixed is the UI still terrible? I'm going to guess you would still say so. Weird right?

Here is a question for you. If the bugs with rebinding were fixed would the UI still be a terrible design? Or would it be okay but with some minor issues? That is the problem. You keep saying it is a terrible design with out acknowledging majority of your list is about bugs rather then a design flaw. The UI isn't terrible. There are just bugs.
    The UI in this game is objectively terrible. It's also clearly not just bugs it's bad design.

Again. It isn't a terrible design if something is bugged.
    Yes it is, if a game is buggy and not working as intended that is also bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is, if a game is buggy and not working as intended that is also bad design.

No that just means glitchy. Bad design is an entirely different part

The UI in this game is objectively terrible. It's also clearly not just bugs it's bad design.
    And yet you continue to say this without adding more. Glitchyness=/ Bad design.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've just had a weird experience with an ending as well as just realised something regarding my achievement list. I completed the Ending following the Panam plan with the choice that involves not coming back and there was a weird interaction where I just honoured someone as if they had passed and had been a part of that plan but then received a video call of them being very much alive a couple of minutes later. This really shows how much thought and work they put into this particular give up ending choice as it's just a copy paste of the Rogue's Plan ending and as such doesn't make sense with this ending's context. -_-

As for my achievement list, I've been working through them for the last couple of days to finish them by getting the remaining endings and doing the generic combat and busywork achievements (why) that I had left and I've been wondering what this one locked achievement is as it has such a high unlock rate and is listed as common yet I still haven't found it. After referencing a bunch of achievement guides and lists I still couldn't figure out what it was so I started comparing the names of the unlocked achievements and what did I find? Apparently the game bugged all the way back when I first started and never unlocked the "Beat the Prologue" achievement which people have listed as being Unmissable. So yeah according to my list, I managed to beat the game without beating the prologue.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    It can only be a bad design if the bugs were intentionally part of the design. The UI is not objectively terrible and you can't even say you think that with a straight face. Remember you used beauty, something subjective, to hate on the UI. It is not a great UI and there are some easy to fix issues but "not great" is far from "terrible".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No that just means glitchy. Bad design is an entirely different part
    The base console versions are clearly badly designed.

Bad Optimization, and a Buggy game is bad design.

And yet you continue to say this without adding more. Glitchyness=/ Bad design.
    A buggy game is badly designed.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-31 at 01:06 AM.