Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They aren't trash, they just don't give you the ones you need or rather the troops are what is trash. Night fae get solid healers as troops meanwhile Kyrian get a pretty meh healer further down the line. However, the attack minions are pretty spot on once you get them leveled. Venthyr are even worse, but supposedly get way better once you get Draven but he's like towards the end of the campaign if not the end.
    its not the healer that makes Night Fae broken.
    Its a 20% damage reduction debuff attack on the combat troops that lets you do missions WAY beyond your level because the enemy is barely doing damage when you stack it 4 times.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    its not the healer that makes Night Fae broken.
    Its a 20% damage reduction debuff attack on the combat troops that lets you do missions WAY beyond your level because the enemy is barely doing damage when you stack it 4 times.
    It's also the lack OF a solid healer on Kyrian that stops you from being able to chain them as much though. It's a double whammy.

You already did and now you're just harassing when you're getting called out for borderline harassment. Just stop. The only readily available notation to it is the LITERAL level of the minions without taking extra actions to identify your "level" as you're declaring it. Just admit you're wrong and move on.
    Actually, between the two of you, she's making sense and you are seeming to be not entirely understanding.

@Lucetia, I get what you're saying, thanks for your insight!

It's also the lack OF a solid healer on Kyrian that stops you from being able to chain them as much though. It's a double whammy.
    Having a healer and not having a healer makes no difference at all. On Night Fae and Kyrian both I am constantly sending out my companions and not ever needing to heal. By the time they need a heal they level and are back to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    @Lucetia, I get what you're saying, thanks for your insight!
    No problem. Though one thing to remember, since some people still don't know because of UI lacking details, is that you can send a troop multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Rewards increase the further you get in the “campaign” missions. The catch is those missions take forever on anything other than night fare due to the need to vastly outlevel them.

IIRC you can get a mount at a lvl 60 campaign missions. Also anima rewards seem to be increasing. Idk what else you can get, I’m still only on level 24 campaign quests because the Kyrian champions are literal trash.

You can make quite a bit of gold with the reagent cache missions, especially enchanting which gets u at least 1 eternal crystal which goes for 4K on my server, and i see that mission at least every other day. Night fae are making tens of thousands of gold per week due to their trapper cheese letting them have 8 or more missions always in progress at once.
    It's so ridiculous on Kyrian. Had a level 12 one. All my guys were 14 and had more than double the health and attack of the 1 rare guy and still lost. When all mine were at 20, the next campaign was 24. Smh.

Lvl 36 missions start giving pets and augmented runes to convert in gold <3

i mostly do the follower exp and anima missions.

the soul ash ones sounded nice but they were to hard early on and now i'm at the point where soul ash is becoming a lot less urgent.

the ones that give gear/adventure are also too hard now to do without an addon or leveling my dudes up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Literally the only reason 90% of serious players are doing the table, I bet.
    uhm whats so special about it? seems like a pretty basic trinket imo.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Lvl 36 missions start giving pets and augmented runes to convert in gold <3
    Augmented Runes are the best. You get 3-5 (depending on campaign progress I think) and depends on your server how much you'll get. Like on mine it ranges 700-900g atm so that's an easy 2,100-3,500g and I always try to do it.

The pets one are static and go with Campaign Progress only and there are 4 that everyone is guaranteed to get. So they aren't really selling much on the AH (from my experience and may vary).

The other upside is you get 300-350g missions which aren't too bad, but the enchanting ones are just as good depending on how much Eternal Crystals are on your server since a crate contains 1-2. My server is 2,500-3,000 so about the same as a Augmented Runes. Though I noticed at Campaign Progress 16 (might be earlier, but this is when it spawned for me) you can get a Blue Enchanting crate which contains more materials. I couldn't do it when it was up last time on my Night Fae (was pretty close) so I'm not sure how many crystals you get for sure.

But yeah overall as you said and to add more to it. The main missions you want to do are:

• Any that award anima (This will help fund more and count for your weekly)

If you want to earn gold:
    • Augment Runes
    • Enchanting Crates
    • Gold
    • Other profession crates (primarily blue ones as they give more mats) - This one is dependent on server too

Soul Ash missions might be worth it for some. I don't find the anima cost / duration of mission worth it unless you really need it that week.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    This is the only trinket I can think of that fits the description, Instructor's Divine Bell. I'm not really sure what is special about it. At ilvl 148 it gives 425 mastery / 9 sec which I guess for mastery heavy specs it can be good (but doesn't fit all classes).

Waiting for the mission to pop up wouldn't be a great idea since the highest it can be is 171, but can spawn in at 138, 148, 158, 168, 171. They'd be better off just waiting for the WQ to spawn since right now they cap out at 171 and next week the WQ cap increasing with Renown 19 (next increase is 29).

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I just want the damn bell trinket mission Ion come on already.
    Maybe you don´t. I have the mount campaign missions and got a bell mission where the bell has 138 item level. Very dissapointing.

You get transmog, pets and mounts from it. Currently on a level 31 mission that gives a Skymane pet.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    There's a number of specs that scale very well with Mastery and have burst CD windows that line up well with its CD. While it's not BiS at the high end of choices, an ilvl 200 version of the trinket competes quite highly even against much higher raid/dungeon drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Every now and then I see someone comment on adventures (you know, the shadowlands mission table) to the tune of "some of the higher missions are hard" or "do the campaign," or "this covenant is undertuned for adventures" and I'm wondering if I just saw something no one else did. That's highly unlikely.

I can't make myself spend anima on upgrading the table beyond the base level, nor doing anything else with it beyond "spend 10-14, get 30" for 1-3 4-hour missions at a time on four different characters. For alts whose renown steps I don't get to for a few days after reset, their anima gathering is half done by the time I get to them (because all 30 will count toward the quest despite what I paid for the team). Like I passively get 150 points of progress per day per character just... being at work with my phone.

Am I missing something? Is there a breakthrough where the anima income surpasses the multi-digit costs of upgrading the table or rolling the dice on doing other missions where the drip is guaranteed? All the covenants can do the anima drip, even just having one named character lead 3-4 minions. I figured this was the... "default" use of the table. Am I way off base here?
    Your missions become less and less expensive, and the rewards more and more interesting (like 1500 xp for 4h30 missions, pets, soul ash, augment runes, better gathering crafts...). I have anima missions that reward 60 anima. At some point the mission table sustains itself in anima (and it's a good way of doing the weekly 1000 anima too).

The beginning is quite costly - like the level 14 mission that rewards 1000 xp for 50 anima - , but the further you advance into the campaing, the more interesting it becomes. It's hard with Venthyr, but a breeze with Night Fae (obviously) and Necrolord (Emeni is disgustingly good and the troops are quite tanky). My Venthyr can't go past level 24 adventures, while my Necrolord has access to level 48.

You don't need to upgrade your mission table if you're low on anima. The rewards level 2 and level 3 are barely noticeable if you don't spam the missions.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-01-01 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No idea if they do. Renown 18, up to date with the campaign, 5 followers (3 of them lv 18) and still only 30 anima. The only thing that goes up is rare mission at lv 18 now, not gonna bother.

No way I am upgrading this unless I one day swim in anima and have my cosmetics.

One x-pac mission tables swing into the mandatory to make a shitload of gold and get a mount, now they are painful and useless. Apparently finding a middle ground is hard^^
    Your renown level/campaign progress has nothing to do with the mission table rewards, this is a separate progression path. And the mission tables are already pretty damn lucrative. Some low level missions (13-14 IIRC) rewarded an Eternal Crystal when getting them was a bit rare, sold for more than 6k on my small server.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's a number of specs that scale very well with Mastery and have burst CD windows that line up well with its CD. While it's not BiS at the high end of choices, an ilvl 200 version of the trinket competes quite highly even against much higher raid/dungeon drops.
    There are no 200 versions though. The highest it will spawn currently is 171 and when the WQ ilvl bumps up it'll probably be less than 184 since that's when epics start and they don't usually do epics for World Quests since BFA (but could go back to it).

No idea if they do. Renown 18, up to date with the campaign, 5 followers (3 of them lv 18) and still only 30 anima. The only thing that goes up is rare mission at lv 18 now, not gonna bother.
    Renown has zero effect on the mission table. In order to upgrade your missions you have to complete missions that offer Adventure Campaign Progress.

No way I am upgrading this unless I one day swim in anima and have my cosmetics.
    Upgrading your table with Anima has zero effect two. Tier 2 will just make it so your followers heal 25% faster. Right now they heal 0.1% each minute (1000 minutes total). So that would make it 0.125% (800 minutes). Tier 3 reduces the mission's duration. Neither have an effect on rewards.

One x-pac mission tables swing into the mandatory to make a shitload of gold and get a mount, now they are painful and useless. Apparently finding a middle ground is hard^^
    I would disagree and say this would be the middle ground. You can make a ton of gold with the table and you will get a guaranteed rotation that gives you all the pets and mounts. If you fail it will pop back up. The table also isn't required to progress in any part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There are no 200 versions though. The highest it will spawn currently is 171 and when the WQ ilvl bumps up it'll probably be less than 184 since that's when epics start and they don't usually do epics for World Quests since BFA (but could go back to it).
    And consequently it won't stack up against high-end picks, but still compete with mid-level stuff. Getting good trinkets is hard. This can be a real contender for a lot of people for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't make sense at all. You can't be on Level 36 Campaign Progress. Most people just hit 16 the other day and that was Night Fae who are OP atm. Being Level 36 means you would have already gotten all 4 mounts.

Secondly, at Level 16 Campaign Progress missions give either 60 Anima (12x5), 70 (2x35) or 105 (3x35). I haven't seen/heard any giving 16 of the 5 Anima tokens. Also, Kyrian/Venthyr wouldn't be able to get that high at all since most of the missions they can do have to be the same level the followers are and even then they struggle and mostly have to do ones where they overlevel it.

This script will tell you how many of the Adventure Campaign Progress you have:

/script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

That or if you have the addon Venture Plan it will tell you in the upper right.
    He probably doesn't mean the actual adventure progress but rather that's the lvl his missions or units are at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yeah...I am aware. However I wonder what "Adventure Campaign Progress" means. Nothing really visible happens (like "you unlocked xyz") - atm now instead of having a lv14 rare mission giving me 1000 xp, I have lv 19 rare missions for 1200 xp.

Anima rewards are the same...30 anima rewarded for 10 anima spend..... yikes.

Gear rewards are a
    Those tokens advance your companions adventures. Which result in higher level quests and at certain thresholds give specific rewards. Like 12-15 give you a pet for each one. 16-20 give you a mount for each one. That way there is no RNG on when a mount/pet will spawn and everyone has a shot at getting it.

Though at Level 16 XP missions stop spawning, but higher level missions give more base XP too.

Your anima missions will increase too instead of giving 5-6 they can give up to 12 (60) or they will give you 2-3 of the 35 anima (70-105).

Game just gave me a level 48 mission. My highest follower is 34...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Game just gave me a level 48 mission. My highest follower is 34...
    That's because you keep doing the missions that award Adventure Campaign Progress. So they will keep giving you missions that are higher and higher than your companions. If you want them to be the same level as your companion you will need to stop doing the Adventure Campaign Progress and wait until you catch up.