Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    You really don’t even have to upgrade the table pass level one dude like it’s a non-issue for most of the players

All it does is short in duration of the missions and heal your characters faster you don’t have to upgrade it personally I would upgrade the conductor first because that gives you shit ton of anima
    Right, but at this point my main focus is on the effects of the mission table campaign line, which it seems can turn into a dead end that utterly destroys the guaranteed anima profit that the table enjoys before plunging into said campaign. The actual upgrades to the table itself are just not worth it given you'd just be burying any anima profit you're making at the base level.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-02 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    And there we have it: the response I started the thread for.

I will not be touching anything but the anima drip, at its lowest level, while this expansion is relevant. I'll get the mounts later, but I need my guaranteed anima drip.

Thank you.
    If you don't touch the table and ignore the campaign progress then you'll actually be losing out on a lot more Anima drips. As I mentioned in the thread, as you progress you get more anima per mission. You'll also still get low missions from time to time still. Despite how much health / attack some of the missions have they are still doable. I'd suggest grabbing the addon Venture Plan and you can see how the outcome will be. Every anima mission so far I've been able to send out 1 companion + 4 minion troops without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you don't touch the table and ignore the campaign progress then you'll actually be losing out on a lot more Anima drips. As I mentioned in the thread, as you progress you get more anima per mission. You'll also still get low missions from time to time still. Despite how much health / attack some of the missions have they are still doable. I'd suggest grabbing the addon Venture Plan and you can see how the outcome will be. Every anima mission so far I've been able to send out 1 companion + 4 minion troops without issue.
    Then you obviously haven't done the campaign as far as a few others and me have in this thread. As I said in my previous post - most of my current missions are completely impossible if I don't send out a full team of my best champions. I should've stopped doing the campaign when it started exceeding my own level, but I kept on doing the level 45 missions with my team of level 30's, and now I'm in a really bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Then you obviously haven't done the campaign as far as a few others and me have in this thread. As I said in my previous post - most of my current missions are completely impossible if I don't send out a full team of my best champions. I should've stopped doing the campaign when it started exceeding my own level, but I kept on doing the level 45 missions with my team of level 30's, and now I'm in a really bad spot.
    I have done it that far. I have one toon at 6 (Kyrian), another at 17 (Night Fae) and the other one sitting at 12 (Night Fae) and all three (even with how bad Kyrian is) I am still able to send them out 1 companion + 4 troops and be fine.

For companion levels I have the following:

Kyrian (6) - 30 / 30 / 30 / 28 / 28 / 27 / 26 / 26 / 19 and troops are 28
    Night Fae (17) - 31 / 30 / 29 / 27 / 16 and troops are 29
    Night Fae (12) - 28 / 26 / 26 / 23 / 22 / 13 / 10 and troops are 23
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-01-02 at 05:00 AM.

Holy shit guys, it's like reading about a comepletely different game within our game.
    I didn't know there are mounts (and I'm not gonna read a 10.000 word novella about it on wowhead), I knew about pets but those are cageable so ignored the table besides sending them on XP missions. Don't have meatball or croman as night fae, my progression is an amazing 6, which I only know because I installed the addon. I hate getting new adventurers because leveling them is a real pain in the ass this time around, or at least it feels like slower than before.

Do I want to push progress on the campaigns or whatever or do I want to level my idiots first - this is what I've been doing (33-31-31-30-28-23-15-7 my troops were reseted to 1 when I got my second adventure, that was a very bad experience) then send them on adventures so they don't fail? Or do adventures scale no matter? I really don't want to see mounts popping up and failing the adventures or seeing them expire.

I have done it that far. I have one toon at 6 (Kyrian), another at 17 (Night Fae) and the other one sitting at 12 (Night Fae) and all three (even with how bad Kyrian is) I am still able to send them out 1 companion + 4 troops and be fine.

For companion levels I have the following:

Kyrian (6) - 30 / 30 / 30 / 28 / 28 / 27 / 26 / 26 / 19 and troops are 28
    Night Fae (17) - 31 / 30 / 29 / 27 / 16 and troops are 29
    Night Fae (12) - 28 / 26 / 26 / 23 / 22 / 13 / 10 and troops are 23
    I think then we found the usual suspect - you're playing Night Fae. As already established they are so much stronger than everyone else.

You brought Night Fae to 17 which are missions with level ~50 while your champions are at level 30. And you left Kyrian at 6 and still leveled them to 30. If anything you've proven that my point is completely true. So I'm not really sure what you're saying.

If you aren't Night Fae you absolutely can not complete those rank 17 missions with anyone but your best champions. Rank 6 is laughable, of course you can complete those. You're extremely overleveled with your Kyrian.
    Last edited by Masternap; 2021-01-02 at 06:16 AM.

If anything you've proven that my point is completely true. So I'm not really sure what you're saying.

If you aren't Night Fae you absolutely can not complete those rank 17 missions with anyone but your best champions. Rank 6 is laughable, of course you can complete those. You're extremely overleveled with your Kyrian.
    What you said had zero relevance to what I was saying based on covenants. The OP asked if continuing to upgrade the mission table was worth it for at least anima drops. Yes, it is. Regardless of what covenant you are you will want to keep maximizing your table so that you can get the higher drops, but at the same time no when to stop upgrading so you can still handle it.

Which the point was also if you can complete the Campaign Progress token and move up to the next tier then the anima drops you can still complete with 1 champion and 4 troops and be perfectly fine. It doesn't matter what tier you are at or anything.

Next at most I have only seen 3 anima missions up at a time, possibly four. We are currently at 10 followers which means you can still send 2 champions + 3 troops and be able to do all at once since the OP is only interested in Anima ones. Even if you wanted to send more than 2 out you still could because the expiration timers and duration timers typically allow for you to do 1 or 2 and then come back later for the next. With the app it makes it easier to do.

Overall you were discouraging the OP from upgrading because you have to send a full roster or something in order to do them higher which isn't the case at all. Perhaps you aren't maximizing slots or something. It is completely doable to send only 1 or 2 champions out on any Anima mission and be successful.
    You brought Night Fae to 17 which are missions with level ~50 while your champions are at level 30. And you left Kyrian at 6 and still leveled them to 30
    Having Level 17 Campaign Progress unlocked does not mean my missions are Level 50 or higher. It means my missions spawn between 35-50 with the next Adventure Campaign Progress being a Level 60 mission.

My Kyrian being at 6 gives me missions that are 12-25. Those missions give the 6x anima with a rare occasion of 8x anima and as I mentioned depending on covenant and follower levels they could push it higher through the Campaign Progress and get almost double that for no effort.
    Rank 6 is laughable, of course you can complete those. You're extremely overleveled with your Kyrian.
    Then you don't understand how Kyrian works currently, especially when I use all of my max level followers on a 24 Adventure Campaign Progress mission and can't clear it. So being overleveled doesn't exactly mean much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Don't have meatball or croman as night fae, my progression is an amazing 6, which I only know because I installed the addon.
    Covenant doesn't matter on Meatball or Croman. Any covenant can get them. You just have to keep running Torghast until they pop up.
    I hate getting new adventurers because leveling them is a real pain in the ass this time around, or at least it feels like slower than before.
    I haven't had much problem leveling them personally. I just send them out on the high XP missions so they get a faster boost. Can usually get them to at least 15 after a couple missions. Like we got Clora (Kyrian) this week and she is currently 19 for me when my max is 30 and that was me being slow. You will also want to level them so your troops level too.

Since you said you were Night Fae you could send the new follower out + 4 Trappers out and they'd still succeed usually.
    Do I want to push progress on the campaigns or whatever or do I want to level my idiots first
    That's up to you based on your levels they are about where my hunter's are and I'm at 17 progress. You can probably get to 15 and still be comfortable if you wanted.
    This is what I've been doing (33-31-31-30-28-23-15-7 my troops were reseted to 1 when I got my second adventure, that was a very bad experience)
    The first week was rough because the troops are the median of all your followers. So your second follower being 1 drastically dropped it. With your followers now that puts your troops at 29. If you were to get a new follower it'd only drop it to 28 and two new followers (both at 1) would then drop it to 25/26 (depends on how it wants to round). So you want to make sure to keep pushing your new ones up some.
    then send them on adventures so they don't fail? Or do adventures scale no matter?
    Your companions will always get the Base XP even if they lose so once you hit 16 campaign progress (when mounts start to spawn) you won't get anymore missions that awarded Bonus XP instead your Base Missions will give a lot more XP. Which makes it better since if you fail a mission they will get a nice chunk still from the Base. Several of the high missions give 800, 1200 or 1500 bonus XP.
    I really don't want to see mounts popping up and failing the adventures or seeing them expire.
    That's the beauty of this current system. If you fail the adventure when the Adventure Campaign Progress mission comes back up it will have the exact same reward. You can't miss out on the pets or mounts at all since they are in a set order and will keep reappearing until you succeed. This way everyone can get them and don't need to rely on RNG randomly popping them up.

Level 8-11 gives the following: (Forget the order except 8; will update later)

Level 12-15 gives the following: (Forget the order except 12; will update later)

• Level 12 - 1x - 1000 Repuation Wild Hunt
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation Court of Harvesters
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation The Ascended
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation The Undying Army
    Level 16-19 gives the following: (Haven't finished 17 yet so not sure which comes after)

Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-01-02 at 10:15 AM.

What you said had zero relevance to what I was saying based on covenants. The OP asked if continuing to upgrade the mission table was worth it for at least anima drops. Yes, it is. Regardless of what covenant you are you will want to keep maximizing your table so that you can get the higher drops, but at the same time no when to stop upgrading so you can still handle it.

Which the point was also if you can complete the Campaign Progress token and move up to the next tier then the anima drops you can still complete with 1 champion and 4 troops and be perfectly fine. It doesn't matter what tier you are at or anything.

Next at most I have only seen 3 anima missions up at a time, possibly four. We are currently at 10 followers which means you can still send 2 champions + 3 troops and be able to do all at once since the OP is only interested in Anima ones. Even if you wanted to send more than 2 out you still could because the expiration timers and duration timers typically allow for you to do 1 or 2 and then come back later for the next. With the app it makes it easier to do.

Overall you were discouraging the OP from upgrading because you have to send a full roster or something in order to do them higher which isn't the case at all. Perhaps you aren't maximizing slots or something. It is completely doable to send only 1 or 2 champions out on any Anima mission and be successful.

Having Level 17 Campaign Progress unlocked does not mean my missions are Level 50 or higher. It means my missions spawn between 35-50 with the next Adventure Campaign Progress being a Level 60 mission.

My Kyrian being at 6 gives me missions that are 12-25. Those missions give the 6x anima with a rare occasion of 8x anima and as I mentioned depending on covenant and follower levels they could push it higher through the Campaign Progress and get almost double that for no effort.

Then you don't understand how Kyrian works currently, especially when I use all of my max level followers on a 24 Adventure Campaign Progress mission and can't clear it. So being overleveled doesn't exactly mean much.

Covenant doesn't matter on Meatball or Croman. Any covenant can get them. You just have to keep running Torghast until they pop up.

I haven't had much problem leveling them personally. I just send them out on the high XP missions so they get a faster boost. Can usually get them to at least 15 after a couple missions. Like we got Clora (Kyrian) this week and she is currently 19 for me when my max is 30 and that was me being slow. You will also want to level them so your troops level too.

Since you said you were Night Fae you could send the new follower out + 4 Trappers out and they'd still succeed usually.

That's up to you based on your levels they are about where my hunter's are and I'm at 17 progress. You can probably get to 15 and still be comfortable if you wanted.

The first week was rough because the troops are the median of all your followers. So your second follower being 1 drastically dropped it. With your followers now that puts your troops at 29. If you were to get a new follower it'd only drop it to 28 and two new followers (both at 1) would then drop it to 25/26 (depends on how it wants to round). So you want to make sure to keep pushing your new ones up some.

Your companions will always get the Base XP even if they lose so once you hit 16 campaign progress (when mounts start to spawn) you won't get anymore missions that awarded Bonus XP instead your Base Missions will give a lot more XP. Which makes it better since if you fail a mission they will get a nice chunk still from the Base. Several of the high missions give 800, 1200 or 1500 bonus XP.

That's the beauty of this current system. If you fail the adventure when the Adventure Campaign Progress mission comes back up it will have the exact same reward. You can't miss out on the pets or mounts at all since they are in a set order and will keep reappearing until you succeed. This way everyone can get them and don't need to rely on RNG randomly popping them up.

Level 8-11 gives the following: (Forget the order except 8; will update later)

Level 12-15 gives the following: (Forget the order except 12; will update later)

• Level 12 - 1x - 1000 Repuation Wild Hunt
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation Court of Harvesters
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation The Ascended
    • 1x - 1000 Reputation The Undying Army
    Level 16-19 gives the following: (Haven't finished 17 yet so not sure which comes after)

Thanks! Seems like as a collector, I won't rid the table anytime soon. Bought the pets already thinking I can just ignore it.
    By not having meatball and croman I just meant that I didn't care about the table at all to farm them out.

By not having meatball and croman I just meant that I didn't care about the table at all to farm them out.
    Ah, gotcha! I know some people think they were covenant specific. Just like I know how some still don't know you can use a troop multiple times in a mission.

Torghast ones I have found easier not to try and farm them and just do your weekly Torghast and hope they are there. Though if you do want to farm them farm Layer 2 so you can speed through it. Since they start spawning in Layer 2+ Floor 2, 4 and 5.

Ah, gotcha! I know some people think they were covenant specific. Just like I know how some still don't know you can use a troop multiple times in a mission.

Torghast ones I have found easier not to try and farm them and just do your weekly Torghast and hope they are there. Though if you do want to farm them farm Layer 2 so you can speed through it. Since they start spawning in Layer 2+ Floor 2, 4 and 5.
    Is Crimean even worth trying to farm lol

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's so ridiculous on Kyrian. Had a level 12 one. All my guys were 14 and had more than double the health and attack of the 1 rare guy and still lost. When all mine were at 20, the next campaign was 24. Smh.
    Get Venture Plan addon, it can pretty reliably tell win / loss based on your setup up to roughly level 30 of followers. After that it's lacking data for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Just so we're all speaking the same language: By "upgrade the table" you mean advance the "campaign" of table missions, not the renown campaign but the mission table campaign, right?
    yes advance the table through the little "continue the campaign" things you get from some missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Is Crimean even worth trying to farm lol
    Well more companions are always better imo because then you can do more missions at once.

As for power wise it's hard to say. At Level 2 his crusader strike does 72 (66 at Level 1) damage every 3 rounds to nearest enemy which seems beefy alone compared to some of the others. If he turns out like Meatball then it'd be definitely worth picking up as Meatball feels a bit more OP compared to the companions. Though maybe that's because I'm Kyrian and everything sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    At my point in the Adventure table progression, I get 60-70 Anima from Anima rewards, and I no longer see any adventures that give lower then that. Anima costs have been fairly flat though - Normal missions cost 10 anima, Silver(Because they def aren't rare) missions costs 30 anima, and the Elite missions cost 50 anima. Every troop has also had the same static cost of +1 anima.

If the rate of increase remains the same, I estimate that at max adventure table, missions will yield roughly 400 gold, over 100 anima, well over 3k worth of materials for the material missions, and rep tokens that yield 650 rep. Thats only if the rate of increase remains the same though.
    At what point are you? I've never seen such high anima rewards and at the moment I don't get any anima missions at all.

Also OT:
    Upgrading the table seems entirely pointless, or do the upgrades do anything else besides reducing healing cost (utterly useless) and mission duration (honestly not worth the investment)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, can't even be bothered to do them.
    There is no real reward from them at all. Kind of a theme in Shadowlands really - No rewards for doing just about anything.
    "Real" reward - Gear?

Gear that immediately becomes useless each patch?

Gear that can be replaced with a better arrangement of secondary stats?

Gear only lasts for 4 months. Mounts, pets, and toys are until the servers shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Also OT:
    Upgrading the table seems entirely pointless, or do the upgrades do anything else besides reducing healing cost (utterly useless) and mission duration (honestly not worth the investment)?
    The actual mission table itself I don't see being worth it. By the time my followers are almost dead they level up and heal to full. Though this may change as they get into the 40's, but time will tell.

Mission duration reduction sounds nice, but it being Tier 3 is meh.

I'd say upgrade your Travel Network / Anima Conductor first and then table or mini-game, but that's what I'll probably do.

At what point are you? I've never seen such high anima rewards and at the moment I don't get any anima missions at all.

Also OT:
    My anima missions reward between 50 and 60 anima (I completed successfully 13 missions for the mission table campaign). The further you go into the table campaign, the better the rewards are.

Upgrading the table seems entirely pointless unless you spam missions 24/7, and the reward is not that incredible even in that case. But I'd say upgrading your followers and sending them on missions regularly is pretty much effortless and very rewarding (I got a mission with 2 eternal crystals as a reward, pretty neat). It's free stuff for some clicks.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-01-03 at 10:09 PM.

The actual mission table itself I don't see being worth it. By the time my followers are almost dead they level up and heal to full. Though this may change as they get into the 40's, but time will tell.

Mission duration reduction sounds nice, but it being Tier 3 is meh.

I'd say upgrade your Travel Network / Anima Conductor first and then table or mini-game, but that's what I'll probably do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    My anima missions reward between 50 and 60 anima (I completed successfully 13 missions for the mission table campaign). The further you go into the table campaign, the better the rewards are.

Upgrading the table seems entirely pointless unless you spam missions 24/7, and the reward is not that incredible even in that case.
    Thank you for your answers. I am at campaign level 13 as well and have just now seen my first anima mission in days. It rewards 60 anima, which is nice. But they seem to get increasingly rare as you progress.

Thank you for your answers. I am at campaign level 13 as well and have just now seen my first anima mission in days. It rewards 60 anima, which is nice. But they seem to get increasingly rare as you progress.
    You're welcome. I didn't notice them getting rarer, maybe because the turnover for the 4 hours - 4h30 missions is quite fast and I check regularly. My two chars at level 13 have two of them available right now. However, some of them become quite difficult, and more than some epic missions. And I have more epic missions available than basic missions.

Anima is just garrison ressource you actually have to loot and give to the NPC. It's kind of a big MEH when you have this shit as a dungeon reward. Would have been better to get something else, like runes.