Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    IMO, most specs in the game have got clunky over the years, in the name of Devs trying something new to be interesting. I remember when I first leveled an Enhancement Shaman in Wrath, it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Cata was cool as well. Then it seems to have just went to shit after that. With a bunch of dumb proc shit flashing on my screen, AOE being the clunkiest of them all. Like someone else here said, they turned it into melee elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    This is an obvious troll. Enhance in pvp is f*cling amazing.
    This is an obvious troll, Enhance in pvp is f*cling crappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now what I notice is, even though the removal of maelstrom and going back to a more MoP like style is great, we still end up within windows where we spam SS after SS ala BFA.

Moreover, at this point in time, there's really no competing with Doom winds. It doesn't help that talent wise, we're basically "stuck" within one build, and while some talents were fun for a while, they've turned pretty much meh. Take Hailstorm, the sight of Frostshock numbers everywhere was great, but after a bit you acknowledge that there's no.... juice to it, no meaningful gameplay, but what other viable aoe ability is there?

Talents like Hothands, crash lightninng, Fire nova are either not worth it or dead on arrival compared to the alternatives, or in this case, with the main choice

I don't know about high ratings and can't advocate about enhancement's toolkit for competative pvp. However enhancement has never been this powerful when it comes to burst.

Feeling of it is even better than classic. Killing "2" players in 5-6 globals is not a rare event for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not like it at all. The shift to CD juggling feels abhorrent to me, there is too much uncertainty and as somebody not above fat fingering in the heat of the moment it's even worse. For all the problems enhance has ever had, a filler resource generating attack was good.
    I also think frost shock is a shit pvp ability and has no business being a requirement
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    This is an obvious troll. Enhance in pvp is f*cling amazing.
    It's quite litteraly one of the worst specs for PvP in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa View Post
    I don't know about high ratings and can't advocate about enhancement's toolkit for competative pvp. However enhancement has never been this powerful when it comes to burst.

Feeling of it is even better than classic. Killing "2" players in 5-6 globals is not a rare event for me.
    Well, you aren't pvp alot back in a day? And not remembering either WF one shots or beastcleaves with BM hunters?

Enhancement feels liked the mentally-challenged sibling of Elemental that tries hard to be a melee in Shadowlands.
    Back in WotLK and Cataclysm the spec at least had the ability to just summon the buff totems at bulk and use the CC or defensive ones at will.
    The spec feels as if I am pressing 6-9 buttons with none of their outcome being hard hitting enough.
    For the last two expansions, I had kept both by Frost DK and Enhancement Shaman as mains. But this expansion I'll just play my still brain-dead unholy dk and perhaps just go elemental on my shaman.

I aboslutely love Enhancement with its burst feel and "juggling" of abilities. Its not my favorite time of the spec as I really like the Cata version of Enhance, but still brings utilitiy with good burst/cleave. While Enhance will never be #1, it still competes and does really well M+. If you out play people you'll top the meters while bringing good CC, interrupts, and burst off-healing in M+. It feels good, but could use something to fix the "downtime" that may happen 1-2 times in a fight where you have nothing to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Well, you aren't pvp alot back in a day? And not remembering either WF one shots or beastcleaves with BM hunters?
    I did. I got my 2200+ rating achievement in burning crusade with a bm hunter. It's true that "we" sometimes one shot'ed people. Bulk of the damage was even wf most of the time but it was never the case that you could 1 shot someone at 2200rating with wf.

Currently, this is my case.

Ascendance: 10k aoe crit.
    Chain harvest: 10k Aoe crit. (which is more likely than triple wf crit back in the day.)

After that doom winds turns me into an execute turret. I dont even press tab it just target next one lol. Ofc people use defensives or just cc's me, disarm me, stun me or rather 1 shots me themselves like more than %50 of the time. But still this shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So thats why turbo is farming at 2600 plus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Overcharg3 View Post
    So for me personally, I love the changes they made and the way they play now. It feels very similar to how they played back in WOTLK or Cata, especially with the return of Maelstrom Weapon, being able to instant cast chain lightnings again feels awesome. And if you're going Venthyr, being able to insta cast Chain Harvest is going to be super OP in aoe situations. Overall I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out with legendaries, soulbinds and raid/mythic + gear. Playing enhancement shaman on the pre-patch has been a blast for me so far

However, I can understand that for some people the spec might feel too clunky, especially if you're speccing into a bunch of active abilities and managing a bunch of GCD's. It's a lot of micro managing, and if you played enhance in WOTLK or Cata, it's not as bad as that but it's definitely similar in that regard. But imo it makes for a more interesting and involved rotation and I prefer that style of gameplay
    If you absolutely hate the clunk, choose earthen spike, and push your doomwinds cd into its tiny burst window every minute. The dps difference is minor, aside in pvp where you always want to run ascendence.

Personally, I love Enhancement. My only problem is that I played melee in 3 expansions straight, and now wanted to try ele as ranged, after this rather uncomfortable melee hating meta.

It's by far one of the most fun speccs, the tools you have are incredible, your selfheals make even a pally blush. Your burst is ridicioulous with legendaries. Ghost Wolf is SO goddamn nice.

Just be sure that you'll be squishy outside of your selfheals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

This is quite literally not true.

Melee cleaves are pretty powerful right now, and Turbo is up there. There are more enhancements than elementals on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This is an obvious troll, Enhance in pvp is f*cling crappy.
    Then you're bad. Enhance is meta right now. So is elemental and resto lmao. Get good kid. If you think it's bad, I assume it's because you're garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

This is an obvious troll and you're clearly an idiot. Turbo is meta. Enhance is meta. Just don't zugzug into the enemy thinking you can 1 shot every team. Play smart, not dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of "spammable" abilities is weird, everything is on CD without procs. But I still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The lack of "spammable" abilities is weird, everything is on CD without procs. But I still enjoy it.
    It´s mostly how it was in WotLK, and i love it!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Dont worry, get a bit more stats and you'll have windows of spamming SS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Dont worry, get a bit more stats and you'll have windows of spamming SS
    Yeah I'm still unstuff, only 150 ^^

I'm actually playing enha shaman as "main alt", and i must say i'm having a lot of fun with it. Granted, i'm not pushing it to the maximum and just started doing low lvl m+, hoping to get into some normal raid pug and nothing more. But the playstyle and flow in general is fun to me, despite sometimes having just to wait for cooldowns to come up.

I am not expert enough of shaman to say if perfomrance is good or not, but it's something i'm gonna worry about later on when i need to get into raids.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm enjoying it a lot more. been maining it since I think cataclysm. the different talent choices alter the rotation but not in any way that feels clunky.