Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh you found a way to catch up the 5 weeks of soul ash and multiple resets of raiding / GV ?

tell us your secrets then because aparently 99,99999999999% of playerbase didnt.
    While you can't just instantly catch up on EVERYTHING (and you basically never could, in any expansion) you can catch up on a lot of stuff quite quickly. Leveling alts is very fast. Renown is basically ungated, you can just play through the campaign to the same point as your main; and because that includes campaign gear you can upgrade, you have nearly a full set of epic gear to start with the first week. Torghast buffs are account-wide so you get an easier time there as well with better/more powers.

Really the only things you can't instantly catch up with are The Maw rep and soul ash. Gear - as was already mentioned - has always been time-gated by doing content, same as every expansion ever.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't find the current gearing system pretty shit; I did 8/10heroic clear and 3 dungeons and got ZERO pieces of loot. That's just not okay. But it has nothing to do with alts. That was on my main.

oh you found a way to catch up the 5 weeks of soul ash and multiple resets of raiding / GV ?

tell us your secrets then because aparently 99,99999999999% of playerbase didnt.
    Thorgast is not catchable, you need 1 reset for the first legendary.

But, where did you said it is about thorgast, cause you just made it look like alt-generic-behind when you said: "on alt it will be 10 times worse once you realise how much behind you are with no chances to catch up"

And yes, I got 5000k Soul Ash and I don't need it, don't use it. One you do your BiS Legendary, you are just doing thorgast for the fun,challange whatever of it.

Are you playing Shadowlands ? Link us your character that needed 5k of Soul Ashes.

And about resets of raiding, man, are you out of your mind, you want a catchup gear of a 5 week old patch ? Are you even thinking whem you write ? Don't you wanna catchup gear for last week's catchup gear ? Jesus Christ the kind of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While you can't just instantly catch up on EVERYTHING (and you basically never could, in any expansion) you can catch up on a lot of stuff quite quickly. Leveling alts is very fast. Renown is basically ungated, you can just play through the campaign to the same point as your main; and because that includes campaign gear you can upgrade, you have nearly a full set of epic gear to start with the first week.
    I'm sure they had better catchup gearing systems in TBC or WotLK. Remeber when you really had to do normal dungeons, heroic dungeons on every fk alt, and progress to lower raid tier to catchup on current raid tier ?

Now they really got gearing catchup systems implemented from the start of the expansion, with the covenant gear upgrade system. But, no ... they want mythic raid level catchup, when only 6 guilds in the world have full cleared Mythic NC

Hell, only 8% of raiding guildes cleared FULL HC.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-04 at 11:26 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As one of the casuals mentioned above, I agree. I thought I'd never say this - but I liked the BFA loot systems better. I have a new baby on the way, 2 other kids, a full time job, and a wife who hates video games. I get a few hours here and there a week to play. With the endless chores (Torghast, dailies, covenant) + the fact that gearing up is slow - I've given up and cancelled my sub.

The art and music are beautiful as usual.

One of my least favorite expansions so far. I've never just quit playing this fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor79 View Post
    As one of the casuals mentioned above, I agree. I thought I'd never say this - but I liked the BFA loot systems better. I have a new baby on the way, 2 other kids, a full time job, and a wife who hates video games. I get a few hours here and there a week to play. With the endless chores (Torghast, dailies, covenant) + the fact that gearing up is slow - I've given up and cancelled my sub.

The art and music are beautiful as usual.

One of my least favorite expansions so far. I've never just quit playing this fast.
    All "choores" take 4h/week MAX.
    You argue that you have no time while at the same time people are calling this "raid log" expansion.

Actually this is the exact part I like about people who say they don't enjoy Shadowlands:
    1. one part says there is too much to do (they clearly never played BFA or Legion)
    2. the other part says there is not much to do (they clearly played ONLY BFA or Legion)

And when people use the term CASUAL and GEARUP, what would be the ilvl that a "CASUAL" would need ?

Cause we've seen "casuals" arround, @kaminaris beeing one of those 8% raiders that cleared FULL HC NC. Surely playing casual
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-04 at 11:37 AM.

Honestly, I believe M+ should never have been introduced. It was the downfall in this game. I am not alone in feeling this way, just another thing you have to do to be competitive. Laziness on the part of Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Thorgast is not catchable, you need 1 reset for the first legendary.

But, where did you said it is about thorgast, cause you just made it look like alt-generic-behind when you said: "on alt it will be 10 times worse once you realise how much behind you are with no chances to catch up"

And yes, I got 5000k Soul Ash and I don't need it, don't use it. One you do your BiS Legendary, you are just doing thorgast for the fun,challange whatever of it.

Are you playing Shadowlands ? Link us your character that needed 5k of Soul Ashes.

And about resets of raiding, man, are you out of your mind, you want a catchup gear of a 5 week old patch ? Are you even thinking whem you write ? Don't you wanna catchup gear for last week's catchup gear ? Jesus Christ the kind of whining.

I'm sure they had better catchup gearing systems in TBC or WotLK. Remeber when you really had to do normal dungeons, heroic dungeons on every fk alt, and progress to lower raid tier to catchup on current raid tier ?

Now they really got gearing catchup systems implemented from the start of the expansion, with the covenant gear upgrade system. But, no ... they want mythic raid level catchup, when only 6 guilds in the world have full cleared Mythic NC

Hell, only 8% of raiding guildes cleared FULL HC.
    wait till people realise that they cannot catch up to twisted corridors too

they will flip

atm if you didnt pursue quests each week in there you are potentialy 6 weeks behind unlocking them

Timegate, the fucking expansion. That's what it should be called.

wait till people realise that they cannot catch up to twisted corridors too

they will flip

atm if you didnt pursue quests each week in there you are potentialy 6 weeks behind unlocking them
    They will go multiple times in Thorgast, in the same day, and that's about it.

BUT:

Imagine not being able to fight Nzoth without legendary cloak Where you had to do THE SAME SH17 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN on all ALTS

Imagine not being able to enter alot of dungeons and raids that had Attunments.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Honestly, I believe M+ should never have been introduced. It was the downfall in this game. I am not alone in feeling this way, just another thing you have to do to be competitive. Laziness on the part of Blizzard
    You just couldn't be more wrong. Dungeons were on the path of becoming dead content. M+ revitalized the game. You can't even imagine how much they helped wow stay fresh and ahead of the curve.

Just.. just go play classic or something, this is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    They will go multiple times in Thorgast, in the same day, and that's about it.

BUT:

Imagine not being able to fight Nzoth without legendary cloak Where you had to do THE SAME SH17 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN on all ALTS

Imagine not being able to enter alot of dungeons and raids that had Attunments.
    i think you misunderstood

i mean the weekly quests like free Baine/ Thrall.

you cant speed it up .

you will be literaly 6-7 weeks behind always

i think you misunderstood

i mean the weekly quests like free Baine/ Thrall.

you cant speed it up .

you will be literaly 6-7 weeks behind always
    I know what you meant. But those missions are started with the Crystal, in the middle.
    I don't think they will still be gated when Twisted Corridors will launch. At least not for alts "I've seen this story before .... just take me to Twisted Corridors". Or you prob could just chain the quests one after another, just like War Campain worked. BUT if they will be gated for alts, after release, that will suck big time. Blizz has done so good catchup things in this start of expansion, I doubt they will fail that miserably.

Only time will tell.

People will be so tired of running Thorgast, many will not care about any twisted stuff.

currently logging in less than in bfa. pretty unhappy with the endresult of shadowlands.
    it also depends on what kind of player you are. if you are a mythic raider like me, no need to login at all besides two days of raiding.
    if you play mythic+ for score, hell you have enough to do and maybe a great time. also for pvp players.
    meanwhile I started doing some old content dailies to fill the gap of content available.

world quests boring af
    calling boring and unrewarding af
    never touching maw out of wednesdays
    sanctum upgrades useless af
    theres pretty much nothing to discover in shadowlands except for rares and treasures (convince me else if there is something that does not need a special taste)

I also can't get rid of the feeling im stucked in a mobile game. don't ask me why

shadowlands might be better than bfa in terms of pvp system and some other improvements I can't think of right now, but still it is a weak one
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2021-01-04 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    People will be so tired of running Thorgast, many will not care about any twisted stuff.
    After doing all L8 portals, I will prob stop doing it since I sit with 4730 Soul Ash.
    After doing Twisted Corridors a couple of times, to face the challange, get the mount and ... dunno, depends what other cosmetics are there, I will not do it unless I just need Soul Ash for future Legendaries.

Have you run Mage Tower AFTER you completed it ?
    I remember learning Restoration Druid and geting my skin after ~110 tries. Never healed until that point, and it was the only healer skin I got in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    it also depends on what kind of player you are. if you are a mythic raider like me, no need to login at all besides two days of raiding.
    if you play mythic+ for score, hell you have enough to do and maybe a great time. also for pvp players.
    What is it that bad that you log and play 90% of it JUST WANT YOU WISH TO PLAY ?
    That is exactly the part I love about Shadowlands. PvP redemtion through PvP Vendor and great PvP Upgrading system + log in and play what I love (pvp).

For me it is 100% an addiction, after 15 years, and the easier to dealth with (ease it), the better.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-04 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Shadowlands has work to do for sure..

BUT if you played BFA, and I know you're probably like "Yeah it was shit so I quit after the first 2 hours of game play" then you have no idea how it was for the rest of the xpac. BFA was insanely tough to keep people busy/having fun progressing a character they didnt even like or understand.. at least in Shadowlands you are able to do much more even in the first few MONTHS than in the entire expansion of BFA.

Did I think BFA was ok: sure - it was changed and the neck was cool IMO - also M+ was fun and I liked the overhaul of (not the gearing) pvp system for rewards like seasonal mounts etc, even raids were cool as well. But overall BFA had issues OUT OF THE GATE that made things almost unplayable for most of the playerbase.

I feel like I dont even have to do most of the game in Shadowlands except have fun.. and that's what was missing in BFA

Yes and no, depends what your playing for, I'd say most of it has been pleasant.

But for me the loot situation is getting to much, on top of the guild carrying a handful of freinds of the officers who dispite 200+ ilevel still pull less than 1.5k max on boss's, carrying them, and getting nothing but 35 anima every Boss....well my patience is wearing thin and I have a back log of games from xmass so I'm not far away from calling it a day on wow for a while.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a casual player it feels a little like i'm getting punished for playing the game now instead of playing other stuff and coming back in 2 months when:

Full lfr is open
    i can actually experience my covenant chain in satisfying chunks
    the good parts of torghast are open
    even max ilevel legendary components are cheap

i keep hearing people parrot the phrase "It feels so good to just be done with a character for the week". is this really what people want? to just log on and do some chores and be happy they're gated from getting more rewards until the next week? when did wow become a mobile game?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yes and no, depends what your playing for, I'd say most of it has been pleasant.

But for me the loot situation is getting to much, on top of the guild carrying a handful of freinds of the officers who dispite 200+ ilevel still pull less than 1.5k max on boss's, carrying them, and getting nothing but 35 anima every Boss....well my patience is wearing thin and I have a back log of games from xmass so I'm not far away from calling it a day on wow for a while.
    You should definitely bail on that guild lol. Guilds carrying friends like that never end well unless you just really like playing with those guys.

I've kind of taken a break off of raiding and realized shadowlands is a little "raid or die" and the M+ crowd isn't too happy with that. If they can find a fix for them while keeping raiding relevant I think they can pull this expansion off. Making all of the world content grind have a minimal impact on your character performance is a huge plus vs. BFA/Legion.

I'm struggling with SL and I don't quite know why. I played all of Legion and all of BfA without any issues. SL is just not holding my attention and my desire to play is dwindling by the day. I don't know what has changed but something has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am logging in nightly and looking forward to it when i am not playing. I have 5 characters at 60 so far, and am about to start my 6th.

My main is a VDH. I play pretty much only M+. I have access to a casual raid group in my guild that is full clearing Normals and some Heroic work. We have 9 dedicated raid teams that i could join if i wanted to, but have not felt the urge. I do not PVP so i am luckily avoiding the instagib meta.

I have also brought a lot of long time retired players back into the game. Outside of my guild (which averages 200+ logged on a night with all sister guilds) my active friend group has 11+ on it every night.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.