Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    A dumb work around that is even dumber when you realize you can actualy unlock account wide access to level 2 without having ever completed layer 1. It wouldn't have to be used if Blizzard simply did what they did for all the other quests. Consistency is another concept Blizzard doesn't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

You only did layer 1. I can assure you that later layers will be harder, especially on a frost mage.
    Having just looked at all the class discords there doesnt seem to be a single spec that should have trouble going through layer 1.

Its probably a skill issue/an issue with you not knowint good powers from bad powers

You are undergeared and probably need to choose better anima powers.

People has already completed all 8 layers.

no one really, unless they add more stuff to it

Just finished layer 3. Its pretty boring since its so long but thus far it's been really easy as Arms.

Oh boy more of luckghast to progress story... Thats pain

Layer 1 twisting corridors start are about as easy as Layer 1 regular wings...

The later floors of it is maybe like layer 3-4...bosses were the easiest ones. Fire Mage solo.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's for... people like me... and my Insane title.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    why do you scream for content to be nerfed because you struggle to complete it?
    you answer your own question. all that in a single sentence. "why ? because ...."

anyway you probably missed the most important point in the part you quoted. I'll help you and copy/paste it for you once again.

"people are hitting a brick wall on layer 1 which means they cannot complete the quest to move the plot along."

you have the challenging part on higher level. layer 1 should be as easy as all the other quest in torghast, or just make it as a separate thing just like all the other quests....

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Oh boy more of luckghast to progress story... Thats pain
    Twisting corridors is less about luck since you are almost guaranteed to get any powers you want and then some.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    No offense , but your ilvl is dogshit. People are now 205-210+ not to mention this reset will give more ilvls. I never raided this expansion and I have 207 already. Whats your excuse?

I remember the cries of players on wow forums about the mage tower. "Omg nerf nerf" yet their ilvl was shit with time more people did it.
    The vast majority of people are not 205-210.

That said, I did up to the last boss in layer 6 as 193 brewmaster, but monk is pretty broken in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Twisting corridors is less about luck since you are almost guaranteed to get any powers you want and then some.
    There is definitely still luck involved. I _need_ high hp to scale up my survival enough to survive higher tier bosses, and multiple times I ran through the full 18 stories without getting the maw rat hp power and very few hp powers. That's fine, I'll run them again (I'm not sure i can complete 6 even with ideal powers), but rng is still a factor in the common, endless stacking powers that you still need.

I pretty much cakewalked layer 5 with ~150k base hp and stacked 500% buff hp with instant TOD, the boss never reduced my hp less than 100% between shields. Then the next run I only got 65k hp, never got offered maw rat hp power, never got roll immunity, and couldn't pass the 17th floor boss because my stagger got instantly red-lined from a melee.

You're right though, most of the time the defining powers (especially capped damage ones) you can be reasonably sure you will get at some stage, even if it's painfully late after you cap other stuff so it stops getting offered.

I have yet to do it but have a guild mate who runs ele shaman. He blew through all 18 floors no problem and killed the 18th floor boss in 46sec while doing 86k dps with the anima build he made. /Shrug

I'm sure it's one part rng and one part knowing how to try and build your anima powers based on what you get to make you so the best.

I managed to terminate myself for choosing Coldheart Plume by mistake

Bosses hit pretty hard even on Layer 1. Im not sure Layer 8 is “avaiable below full 210 gear and the right classes

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You're not meant to clear all layers with current gear.
    But certain classes can. With ease and without even reaching ilvl 200. Because you seem to get every epic anima power along the way and some specs have insane powers. So I'm pretty positive I can clear TC this week. Did one and two already and only died because you kinda fall asleep watching your pet do all the work and then don't notice one mob oneshotting you with a random cleave. It takes time though and honestly is easier than layer 8 of normal Torghast. Just longer. What I'm saying is: Warlock powers should probably get nerfed.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-06 at 01:42 PM.

0 deaths cleared layer 1 with my 196ilvl rogue (SUB) the best spec with the 3% max hp hps. Finished the 2.8m HP boss with 50k dps and 8k hps.

I swear all the people who say they got rofl-stomped by the final boss have said they only had 40-60 powers. Those are rookie numbers, you gotta pump those all the way up. You should have at least 80+ powers for the final floor.

Don't skip trash in here to save 30 mins, only to die the last boss since you weren't strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    188? Dude literally, you are in fucking mythic 0 gear and you think you should be able to clear this expansions equivalent of mage tower or challenge mode? Seriously, get to 220 then see about complaining.

Twisting corridors only has cosmetic rewwrds, it is for players in high gear who want a challenge. Thats it.
    Dude literally I'm talking about layer 1, for the quest. So no, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Having just looked at all the class discords there doesnt seem to be a single spec that should have trouble going through layer 1.

Its probably a skill issue/an issue with you not knowint good powers from bad powers
    Other sources say there are huge issues with some specs.

Class discords aren't the end all be all on what works/doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    I have yet to do it but have a guild mate who runs ele shaman. He blew through all 18 floors no problem and killed the 18th floor boss in 46sec while doing 86k dps with the anima build he made. /Shrug

I'm sure it's one part rng and one part knowing how to try and build your anima powers based on what you get to make you so the best.
    You forgot the part that is risght spec that has god like anima powers and not a spec with horrible powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    layer 1 is easy as hell...
    OF course. You play a OP spec with great anima powers. Try a crappy spec that has horrible anima powers once. Guarantee you won't be saying that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You are undergeared and probably need to choose better anima powers.

People has already completed all 8 layers.
    Those with tank specs and ones that have god like anima powers. Try a crappy spec with horrible anima powers.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-01-06 at 03:10 PM.

I do it without death with my poor frost mage, so I guess every1 can do it to...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    the toughest part of twisting corridors, like most of torghast, is staying awake

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, i think that the very first layer of the place, with a storyline quest inside it
    to be fair its not like people will miss anything if they ignore it (at least until they get geared), story and cinematics are on wowhead and similar sites for weeks, and reward for first layer (and the q line) is achievment and 1250 anima...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - layer 1 is currently impossible for many people AND it isn't currently optional based on in game info.

However - people are saying you can repeat the first 6 floors to finish the mandatory stuff, so the rest can be what tanks do to show off.
    So the Floor 6 boss has a clue on it each time if you just go in, then reset and repeat? That's handy because my Pally was getting wrecked by the trash on Floors 15 & 16 (and the end boss had a non-interruptible attack that hit for more than my health, so when the CDs ran out that was that) as Ret, and I wasn't looking forward to having to grind up those 18 floors again as a tank. That was on Layer 1, for the quest. I've got about i195 gear.

Each step from 6-7 and 12-13 was a big jump in mob health and damage, and by Floor 15 I was facing elites that could very nearly one-shot me. I ended up with a 'build Holy Power really fast' build, and had +100% health from the mawrat murder bonus anima. Fights with elites involved hitting WoG any time damage showed, even a tiny bit, ensuring that I never hit TV with less than 5 Holy Power (I had the 'Finishers cost 2 Holy Power' anima) so I could get two WoGs off in a row at any time. Even so if anything went wrong I'd be dead in a GCD. It was like arenas, except I was the only one blowing up in a GCD (okay the non-elites almost were, but even they had got to the 'pull no more than 1-2 at a time' point by then).

I fully expected the TC to scale beyond my gear and twitch speed, but when you get a quest that doesn't say anything about taking a group or 'this is really tough' and implies you should go through the whole 18 floors, I expect that half-decent play (and experience pugging, etc. tells me I'm better than average) and a bit of persistence (I kept at it until I ran out of lives, including finishing Floor 15 with the beasties chasing me) should let you finish. It didn't and only if I can just do the 1st six floors to finish the quest will I be giving a damn.

Difficulty should be in the higher layers. Level one should require a bit of work in floors 13-18, sure. It should not be smashing people like this on layer one though.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2021-01-06 at 02:36 PM.