Good lord I can't wait for new season to come out. Haven't been "burned out" (probably disappointed would be better term) in wow expansion so fast.

Especially when harvest going core. Do we have any idea how will it look like?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Good lord I can't wait for new season to come out. Haven't been "burned out" (probably disappointed would be better term) in wow expansion so fast.

I think they said something along the lines of it won't be as we remembered it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shillu View Post
    I think they said something along the lines of it won't be as we remembered it to be.
    Oh, then it's probably going to be nerfed to the ground....

Apparently Heist is going core too with "minimal changes" which I'm not super happy about, levelling and gearing followers that are used only in 1 subset of content reminds me of the awful mission table system in wow and related follower xp / upgrade grind.

On the other hand the whole delay was great for people who also play wow semi-competitively, otherwise the league would land just as season 1 of Shadowlands (raid/m+/pvp) started in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shillu View Post
    Lets hope its not too much nerf. I probably think it's going to be just missing garden and couple of best crafts will be gone.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I just hope the new league removes/nerfs Delirium. Farming 5 orbs just breaks the economy of the league after the first week. It's better at getting most league content then the respective league's encounters.

Got really burnt out during these 3 events, after doing multiple 95 and 90 chars, to a total of 9. Only to get 2 portal and 1 armor pack MTXs lol.I feel scammed. Well, at least I learned not to do that next time and found out some builds that I really like. Endless delve was an interesting approach, got a taste of what SSF feels like.

Hyped for the new league also, praying Harvest doesn't get gutted too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion event happening in 12 minutes

Pair of wings through drops if you watch it

30 min of accumulated time to get them. Also need to have PoE account linked with Twitch one.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The league/atlas it self seems kinda meh but the shop part should be good look I guess and being able to upgrade old leagues on the atlas should be nice.

More importantly I wonder if the inquisitor changes will make shield throw work better.

Man, too distracted to do a deep dive but...what little I've seen seems alright. Did I read correctly that there'd be no busywork/tedium with Harvest? Saw something about not needing to fuck with layouts etc. and if that's true...I may finally engage with the mechanic.

I'm super happy with new reveal, this 1 extra month definitely helped.

First, finally deadeye / elementalist / inquisitor rework! This should have happened a year ago somewhere after assassin / necro rework. New elementalist looks promising - golems respawn if they die, you can spec into elemental absorb shield as a defense (squishyness was a problem of caster elementalist) or into heart of darkness for big damage buff.

Second, new league looks like something we won't have to make a spreadsheet for. Just click altar, kill mobs, pick reward and you can even save a reward for later.

Third, no spreadsheet for harvest either. Just pick 1 of the random fields and see what comes up. Also Oshabi as a random spawn instead of endless map grind (I never spawned her in Harvest because I never had the lifeforce to grow the t3 / t4 seeds so by the time I triggered Oshabi quest I was mostly done with the league). I rather take guaranteed spawns generally, but in this case it was way too slow for a casual player to even reach to her.

Fourth, they got their memo with the stingy supporter packs and both of them have 2 extras (pet + cloak and portal + character glow) instead of 1 like in Heist.

Fifth, they're actually buffing weak skills like crackling lance and weak ascendancies for example reverting the crit nerf on slayer. Also for anyone who likes to play "pop" occultist profane bloom goes from 25% chance to explode -> 40% chance.

This seems to be highest IQ league so far, even topping harvest. If you think its ez kill bosses then oh you will be so dissapointed.

Which is great btw, hate low iq designs. Guess not going back to wow til 9.1 seems real.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how pretty much no one enjoys the watchstone mechanic and they not only kept it, but doubled down on it and made it even more grindy and then added RNG on top of it. What the fuck Chris Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I like how pretty much no one enjoys the watchstone mechanic and they not only kept it, but doubled down on it and made it even more grindy and then added RNG on top of it. What the fuck Chris Wilson?
    I love the watchstone mechanic.

This seems to be highest IQ league so far
    Haven't looked into it yet, but this is a big turnoff. Don't need more pointlessly complex nonsense in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Some folks like it but I'm with you with its execution. I generally loathe it and find myself frequently hitting progression walls requiring a lot of really annoying watchstone/map management that functionally guts my progress. Ran out of red maps just before getting enough stones to spawn Sirus on my SSF character in the December league and just called it quits until it merges with my standard SSF character who has more maps. I like the idea behind it, just not how it's implemented : /

I never was the biggest can of atlas progression, and the watchstones made it way worse for me. I'm just hoping the atlas progression etc. makes it a bit more rewarding and a bit less of a pain in the dick.

I think the new craftable watchstones will make it easier... in trade league.
    If you are stuck, just buy watchstones to fast forward your progress.

But for SSF the new endgame seems to be REALLY good. The atlas skill trees are actually insane for SSF (well, and for trade too tbh).
    Not a fan of locking the boss encounters behind 10 high tier bosses though. Same problems as Conquerors, you can't do them on an alt...

Also Ritual is insanely good for SSF. Basically Perandus in better. You get a chase unique, but don't have the currency? Well, just keep it through a few maps until the price is low enough or you get enough currency. Easy

I normally play trade, but thinking about doing SSF in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Haven't looked into it yet, but this is a big turnoff. Don't need more pointlessly complex nonsense in the game.
    I don't think there's that much convoluted stuff.

The "talent tree" for maps is mostly pick what kind of league mechanic you like and seems each region comes with pre-planned ones. Yes speed farmers will min-max it probably for "most profitable" mechanics but tbh I'm just gonna pick the non-rippy non-crashy ones. I don't use sextants, scarabs and all the other stuff "pros" use and it seems only if you're at that point the min-maxing matters otherwise pick what you like. There's also gonna be a new respec orb for these so if you change your mind it's not all lost.

The ritual thing also seems simple, kill mobs, get points, spend points and you can "save" item for later if it's too expensive.

Harvest comes back as pre-planted random fields so no cables, storage tanks or seed trading. And you get 10 slots for storing crafts, so you don't have to shuffle bazillion horticrafting stations. Limit to 10 also exists so people don't hoard them and presumably to limit the whole trading around for mirror tier item crafting.

The maven orb crafting is something I'll probably never see judging from the fact in 1 year of Sirus existence I saw exactly 1 awakener orb and they're said to be equally rare.

Only thing I kinda didn't pay attention to so I don't know how convoluted it is was the whole boss capture mini game.

Heist theoretically is also gonna be made easier to level rogues etc. but we'll see. They already announced that the rewards will be rebalanced so probably no more 17x currency grand heists. And splits will come un-revealed. To be honest I'd be happy if I don't have to touch Heist any time soon, but knowing GGG they'll force a few Heist-related challenges so I'll have to do it because I'm a sucker for free MTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    When in doubt add more talent trees to the game.
    PoE community's dream would be to choke on (mostly pointless) talent trees, so.. job well done?