Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It doesn't matter what the old EU comics did. If something is silly, it is, be it LucasArts EU or LucasArts Disney conception.

And, given the sheer magnitude of the Disney, i (and probably others) expected MUCH more than rehashing stuff (yeah, that shot goes for the Sequel Trilogy as well)
    Id say it does kinda matter when it comes to writer's "knowing any thing about starwars". rather it's silly or not its still very much a starwar's thing

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Getting that vibe that this whole era they are designing with the High Republic is going to worry more about what sexual organs characters have than making a good story.
    That's what Star Wars is all about these days.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Id say it does kinda matter when it comes to writer's "knowing any thing about starwars". rather it's silly or not its still very much a starwar's thing
    You're actually making an argument that some comics made useless extra pieces on lightsabers a "starwar's thing"?

Instead of accepting it's just a visual concept made by the artists of the comics, you're now saying that it's (kinda) part pf the lightsaber construction canon?

Yeah.... No.
    /spit@Blizzard

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You're actually making an argument that some comics made useless extra pieces on lightsabers a "starwar's thing"?

Instead of accepting it's just a visual concept made by the artists of the comics, you're now saying that it's (kinda) part pf the lightsaber construction canon?

Yeah.... No.
    Having different designs and aesthetic‘s in different era’s is of course part of the Starwars cannon if it wasn’t you’d see the same ships armour sabers ect in the old republic clone wars rebellion ect.

So ya it’s absolutely a Starwars thing even if it’s not part of the clone wars/rebellion era of Starwars.

This looks like a comic for children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    Are you...ok? The sequel trilogy was the biggest turd in cinema history. Especially when one of the movies is a shot for shot remake of an already existing movie. So it's not even a trilogy, just 2 shitty movies and a shitty remake.

The sequel trilogy made everyone gain a new appreciation for the prequel trilogy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    Agreed. People forget that Lucas was 2-4 in the movies he created. New Hope and Empire were the only good things he brought to the franchise, outside of actually creating it in the first place. The rest of the good stuff has come from other writers and directors. It doesn't make any sense to sell it back. Especially considering Disney already recouped the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. People forget that Lucas was 2-4 in the movies he created. New Hope and Empire were the only good things he brought to the franchise, outside of actually creating it in the first place. The rest of the good stuff has come from other writers and directors. It doesn't make any sense to sell it back. Especially considering Disney already recouped the cost.
    Selling back would be dumb. Getting people that love star wars and are good at their craft, now thats a better idea. They clearly did now on some front. Im pretty sure they know their sequel trilogy was not done that well: flip flopping on directors, letting them take the story were they want without talking to each other, etc. Letting people like JJ Abraham write movies, despite him contuniously showing hes a great director, but cant write an entire story to save his life.

I know people like to go well THE MOVIE MADE MONEYZ LUL. Realize 15 years ago Revenge of the Sith almost made 1 billion dollard with 1/3th of the rise of skywalker budget lol. I mean yeah it broken 1 billion dollard, its a star wars film 15 years later. If you adust inflation every single star wars movie is beyond 1 billion lol. Even attack of the clone, only disney has made movies that did not break what 1 billion is currently worth out of star wars. Thats a clear sign, something was miscalculated. You could say well its one thing, but i dunno i think theres more to it. I mean for fuck sake Attack of the CLONE box office is worth the same as rise of skywalker, i start sleeping if i watch that movie.

I also have another theory for why even i am a bit less bitter about the prequel and infact think revenge of the sith is just totally watchable. First its similar to return of the jedi in that there is garbage in it, but also very memorable scenes. Look at it this way. How does Revenge of the sith final climax battle go, its fucking 10 minutes of Yoda flipping and shooting magic at Palpatine. Anakin and Obiwan flipping all over fucking volcanos, fucking non sense but its fucking entertaining as fuck lol. How does Rise of Skywalker final battle go... oh yeah Palpatine shoot lightning for 5 seconds, Rey lifts her lightsaber and he dies... very intense. Its such a shit climax lol, they tired to pull an Harry potter ending, without having the actual story to back it up, they had to tell you why this is gona happen, right before it happens, its like if they found and spoke about the horcrux 5 minute before voldemort died. I almost think this is what happened when JJ wrote it: fuck i dunno how to end it, hmmm how does harry potter end again? Alright lets just do that.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-01-09 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This looks like a comic for children.
    Star Wars is for kids.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Star Wars is for kids.
    How DARE you!

On a more serious note, I'm not into what I'm seeing here. The aesthetic doesn't do it for me, and so far nothing's been compelling story or design in any way. Personal opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    BE that as it may, in my eyes there's a clear difference.

Lucas gave us the original trilogy, and the prequels. 1 was universally good, 1 was either anywhere from decent to the worst thing ever (depending who u ask).
    Disney gave us the new trilogy, that everyone can agree sucks hard.

That gives Lucas 1:0.
    So with Lucas, IMHO, at least there's hope.

Ofc he might F it up too, but I at least give him a chance. I'd never give disney a chance for a new SW movie.
    Lucas gave us kingdom of the Crystal skull
    Disney gave us mandalorian

It's 1:1

Star Wars is for kids.
    Eh, not really true. Some of it certainly the rest of it is just space opera scifi fantasy. Basically a staple in adult fiction since..idk forever.

But this particular section of star wars looks like it's for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The sequel trilogy made everyone gain a new appreciation for the prequel trilogy.
    Sounds silly to me. New bad movies don't make older bad movies good, they're just all bad movies.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Sounds silly to me. New bad movies don't make older bad movies good, they're just all bad movies.
    It's all perspective. Like if you see a black t-shirt you know it's black. Then you see a black 2.0 t-shirt and it's like a black hole no light can escape from so black that you have a hard time realizing what you're seeing.

Are they both black? yes. Is one blacker? yuuuup.

You really just need to open your mind a bit, it's too narrow with statements like that

It's all perspective. Like if you see a black t-shirt you know it's black. Then you see a black 2.0 t-shirt and it's like a black hole no light can escape from so black that you have a hard time realizing what you're seeing.

Are they both black? yes. Is one blacker? yuuuup.

You really just need to open your mind a bit, it's too narrow with statements like that
    I mean, I get some bad can be worse than others, but the bad is still bad. The prequels are still a terribly written, overacted, bad CGI filled, sloppily paced, cringe-inducing borefest even if the sequels have as many if not more flaws. Being slightly better in comparison is one hell of an example of damning with faint praise.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not really true. Some of it certainly the rest of it is just space opera scifi fantasy. Basically a staple in adult fiction since..idk forever.

But this particular section of star wars looks like it's for kids.
    I mean the idea is straight from the mouth of Lucas and something Disney has maintained. Something does not have to rainbows and whacky characters to be aimed towards kids. But of course the primary consumers are adults but how many people do you think got into the franchise as a child? How many people read the EU growing up (or would have if someone bought them the books)?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I mean the idea is straight from the mouth of Lucas and something Disney has maintained. Something does not have to rainbows and whacky characters to be aimed towards kids. But of course the primary consumers are adults but how many people do you think got into the franchise as a child? How many people read the EU growing up (or would have if someone bought them the books)?
    Basically every adult fan of Star Wars likely started of loving it as a kid. It would be interesting to know for sure though. I wonder if the biggest star wars critics are adults who never saw it as a child or liked it as a child and got into them as adults.

I also wonder if all the hardcore fans were child fans. Certainly the crowd that seems to be most upset with the sequels seem to all be fans from childhood. No way of proving it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    JESUS CHRIST...it's PINK...
    Not particularly interested in dignifying the drivel in your reply to me, but I am kinda kicking myself for missing this gem the first time around.

I'll never understand why people have such an axe to grind with this crap. But when looking for things to criticize, you might want to stay away from something as trivial as the color of a lightsaber.

Because maintaining some sort of consistently in-universe was obviously less important to Lucas himself than giving an actor something he thought looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Especially considering Disney already recouped the cost.
    Should recheck your math...

After watching that Trailer in the OP... it's Comics? Pft...