Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    These guilds have publically spoken about how little split-raiding mattered this tier.

I think it was Max who went other their raiders' gear and pointed out how half of their gear came from PvP, 4 items were BoE, maybe 1 item came from the raid and the rest were random ass shitty m+ or whatever pieces (I think Roger killed Denathrius with a 203 weapon or some shit like that). Like, fuck, you get get a 233 weapon from PvP the week mythic Nathria opened iirc, which is just flat out retarded.

The biggest offender this tier were 4 fucking stupid BoEs for every armor type and PvP being a targetable item source while both raiding and m+got nerfed into oblivion in terms of drop chances. And I'm pretty sure that what blizzard is going to take away from this is that the PvP vendor was a mistake and that they drag PvP gearing down to the pathetic, disappointing and frustrating levels of PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    And I'm pretty sure that what blizzard is going to take away from this is that the PvP vendor was a mistake and that they drag PvP gearing down to the pathetic, disappointing and frustrating levels of PvE.
    Or that they should just stop this endless PvP/PvE crossover that forces one to do the other, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Limit
    Killed Dec 23, 2020 21:58:33 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 221.00

MNM
    Killed Jan 6, 2021 19:52:21 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 220.96

Right
    Killed Jan 10, 2021 08:22:22 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 222.11

Pretty ridiculous how much split runs and BoEs mean now to the WF race.
    Gotta remember that Limit is the one who actually solved "how" to beat it while all the other guilds clearing it now are just copying the strat Limit created. The guilds competing for the world first have a vastly more difficult challenge than the guilds who come behind them 3 weeks later, even if ilvl is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    Gotta remember that Limit is the one who actually solved "how" to beat it while all the other guilds clearing it now are just copying the strat Limit created. The guilds competing for the world first have a vastly more difficult challenge than the guilds who come behind them 3 weeks later, even if ilvl is the same.
    This is something often overlooked by people who have not competed for a world first (myself included). Execution on this level of content has to be so precise to begin with, but when you add in the learning and strategizing that is being done at the same time, its a whole other level of complication and challenge.

The guilds that come after, for the most part, they now the HOW, they just have to put it together. Still not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination, but one massive factor has already been "solved" for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Limit
    Killed Dec 23, 2020 21:58:33 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 221.00

MNM
    Killed Jan 6, 2021 19:52:21 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 220.96

Right
    Killed Jan 10, 2021 08:22:22 GMT
    Recorded Raid Item Level: 222.11

Pretty ridiculous how much split runs and BoEs mean now to the WF race.
    Are you trying to tell me that world of warcraft pve players aren't the absolute zenith of gaming skill? That's it's just a matter of time/gold investment? I'm shocked frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    These guilds have publically spoken about how little split-raiding mattered this tier.

I think it was Max who went other their raiders' gear and pointed out how half of their gear came from PvP, 4 items were BoE, maybe 1 item came from the raid and the rest were random ass shitty m+ or whatever pieces (I think Roger killed Denathrius with a 203 weapon or some shit like that). Like, fuck, you get get a 233 weapon from PvP the week mythic Nathria opened iirc, which is just flat out retarded.

The biggest offender this tier were 4 fucking stupid BoEs for every armor type and PvP being a targetable item source while both raiding and m+got nerfed into oblivion in terms of drop chances. And I'm pretty sure that what blizzard is going to take away from this is that the PvP vendor was a mistake and that they drag PvP gearing down to the pathetic, disappointing and frustrating levels of PvE.
    They have access to the pvp gear because they get boosts and account shares, same way to accomplish everything else, they throw money at it. Sorry to break it to you. Getting 233 from mythic is easier than from pvp, for most specs and most of these players are nowhere near capable of reaching top pvp ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that world of warcraft pve players aren't the absolute zenith of gaming skill? That's it's just a matter of time/gold investment? I'm shocked frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

They have access to the pvp gear because they get boosts and account shares, same way to accomplish everything else, they throw money at it. Sorry to break it to you. Getting 233 from mythic is easier than from pvp, for most specs and most of these players are nowhere near capable of reaching top pvp ratings.
    Did one of the mean PvEers beat you in a duel? Wanna show me where the bad man touched you? Like, geez, you sound silly salty.

Nice downplay here bud, it's just absurd to ignore the absolute level of skill players from Limit/Echo show and put it as 'matter of time gold investment', let me ques you are a butthurt pvp player base on your post

Turns out letting pay to win aspects creep into wow was a bad idea. Who could possibly have predicted this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    In LiMiT's case.. They have Trill.. Multi-season R1, MDI competitor, Blizzcon AWC winner, multi-year blizzcon AWC participant.. Mr Warcraft himself, carrying the entire guild, a few at a time, to over 2k rating for highest pvp ilvls from vault.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i liked it better when WF kills happened with ~heroic ilvl. made me think those players were actually a lot better than my guild by the time we got there. nowadays it feels like the biggest difference between them and us is resources/time/preparation and not so much skill.
    Sounds an awful lot like "I could be an Olympic sprinter/weightlifter/thrower/whatever too if only I had the time and resources to train all day"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    In LiMiT's case.. They have Trill.. Multi-season R1, MDI competitor, Blizzcon AWC winner, multi-year blizzcon AWC participant.. Mr Warcraft himself, carrying the entire guild, a few at a time, to over 2k rating for highest pvp ilvls from vault.
    I feel like this is worth a quote. Lul at people who try to make any claim that world first raiders are not skilled.

Oh no doubt that they did really well with their strategies and learning the fights first.
    However, it would be much more exciting of a race if there was not now this huge barrier of BoEs and split runs. A 2 guild race as opposed to a 5-10 guild race. Which is more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Isn't it less constructive to make a insane claim, without posting proof?
    What proof would you like? There were no split runs back then because the lockouts were different. Basically some guy said he was impressed and gave a reason why he was impressed and you came in asking for his WoW CV. What's insane is you going off the deep end with a need to qualify an opinion with irrelevant data.

He was Impressed. He doesn't need to even play to be impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How much were they selling those runs for, with their pre-crazy inflation prices? I can't remember what the going price was.
    I think I payed a max of like 15k. no more than 25 to be certain. all my gold came from simply having leveled lots of alts. not surprisingly given other posts I've seen that other guy make I think they're off their rocker with that hundreds claim.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How much were they selling those runs for, with their pre-crazy inflation prices? I can't remember what the going price was.
    it was really cheap by the end, 80k at most

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I think I payed a max of like 15k. no more than 25 to be certain. all my gold came from simply having leveled lots of alts. not surprisingly given other posts I've seen that other guy make I think they're off their rocker with that hundreds claim.
    LOL, my brain could've misplaced the decimal. I honestly can't remember a decade ago that well.

This. Infinite times easier to follow an already laid out tactic than developing one. Also, if these guilds are at the same ilevel 2 resets later, tells something about using every single tool in the box to the fullest.

So does this mean WoW is officially P2W now?

The race would be much more exciting if BoEs didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    So does this mean WoW is officially P2W now?
    Wow has no stat related items that require cash to obtain, so no.