Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I had one friend who was hooked on Twitch. Day in, day out watching 1-3 streamers spending around $400 of his $900 every 2 week paycheck on 'donations.' There are some that will maybe toss $5 and then because of one Youtuber/Streamer, I watched one guy practically spend his parent's inheritance, lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment, is now homeless and he still continues to give him money. Why? To piss off the streamer's trolls. The streamer he spends money on? Doesn't really give a shit about said person, even though he (the now poor guy) used to mod and defend him to death.

This whole streamer culture is a cancer to gaming and, in my opinion, social life too.
    Well, i am assuming its mostly youths with no real world wisdom tbh, meaning very naive people who do this on Twitch. Bully victims? People with no good friends? I cant imagine people with satisfied lives keep throwing money at "friends". It would be the day when i started handing 5 dollar bills to my friends every time they said something funny.... That would be bizarre wouldn't it?
    If you just willfully throw away that much cash and end up in a cardboard box, well then it was your choice and you most certainly deserve it.

And who is he? never heerd of him before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    People don't just quit their job like this, i'm 100% sure he's just baiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

He does that all the time, his viewer count was dropping pretty badly recently right? So now he can make a grand return again in a month or 2.

He's taking a break of an unspecific duration, and people thinking he's quitting...

I normally don't care enough to become irritated by e-celebs but this guy is such a shitboot that I feel I need to speak my peace, lol.

Not only is this guy actually bad at WoW, flunking hard when he tried playing a Classic Warrior seriously and lost every single duel/WPvP engagement where he didn't have 40 dickriders to bail him out, but he's also genuinely getting carried for any of the impressive achievements in-game like Cutting Edge and Gladiator. This is a guy that tries to set an example of how the game shouldn't have store mounts and other such shortcuts and should be a true RPG, yet blatantly admits to wanting carries and such.

Not only that, he's an extremely toxic individual. His raid leading is complete ass and you could easily tell when he tried leading his own guild during early Castle Nathria, didn't know any of the fights, died almost every pull, yet still kept screaming at people who failed mechanics and dressed them down in an absolutely ironic display. His guild would go into a new boss fight on day 1 and by pull 2 he'll be telling people they are retards for making mistakes and replacing them immediately.

Top it all, he's just a really gross human being if you've seen the absolute state of his living situation. I guess the point of this post is I have no idea how someone like that can become the top WoW streamer. Is this asswipe supposed to be the greatest representation of the average WoW player? If so, it makes me want to quit lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I normally don't care enough to become irritated by e-celebs but this guy is such a shitboot that I feel I need to speak my peace, lol.

Not only is this guy actually bad at WoW, flunking hard when he tried playing a Classic Warrior seriously and lost every single duel/WPvP engagement where he didn't have 40 dickriders to bail him out, but he's also genuinely getting carried for any of the impressive achievements in-game like Cutting Edge and Gladiator. This is a guy that tries to set an example of how the game shouldn't have store mounts and other such shortcuts and should be a true RPG, yet blatantly admits to wanting carries and such.

Not only that, he's an extremely toxic individual. His raid leading is complete ass and you could easily tell when he tried leading his own guild during early Castle Nathria, didn't know any of the fights, died almost every pull, yet still kept screaming at people who failed mechanics and dressed them down in an absolutely ironic display. His guild would go into a new boss fight on day 1 and by pull 2 he'll be telling people they are retards for making mistakes and replacing them immediately.

Top it all, he's just a really gross human being if you've seen the absolute state of his living situation. I guess the point of this post is I have no idea how someone like that can become the top WoW streamer. Is this asswipe supposed to be the greatest representation of the average WoW player? If so, it makes me want to quit lmao.
    Maybe his audience can relate to his slob and toxic lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Maybe his audience can relate to his slob and toxic lifestyle?
    That's what I'm hoping isn't true and is so gross about it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Well, i am assuming its mostly youths with no real world wisdom tbh, meaning very naive people who do this on Twitch. Bully victims? People with no good friends? I cant imagine people with satisfied lives keep throwing money at "friends". It would be the day when i started handing 5 dollar bills to my friends every time they said something funny.... That would be bizarre wouldn't it?
    If you just willfully throw away that much cash and end up in a cardboard box, well then it was your choice and you most certainly deserve it.
    It's all ages, man but, I would assume the majority are youths as well.

To me it's just a weird culture and exploitation of said people. It's almost like you have factions of people and they're pitted against each other over which streamer is best and it gets very cancerous. I mean, I can't tell these folks what to spend their money on, but at least I get a laugh out of people giving their money to millionaires to get their name on the stream for 5 secs only to instantly be forgotten.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    That's what I'm hoping isn't true and is so gross about it all!
    It's the beard then, they all got beards. Ugly scruffy unkempt beards.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Such an irresponsible person should not be on the spotlight. His toxic behaviour influenced many impressionable children who try to imitate him in-game.

We need streamers that show positive, regular human interactions instead of the degenerative behaviour this streamer demonstrated, independent of his behaviour off-camera.

He's just taking a break. Which means everyones youtube feed will soon be flooded with reaction videos to "Asmongold taking a break", which will result in a few reaction videos to "My reaction to Amongold taking a break". Literally cannot wait.

Oh no! Watched him pugging Castle Nathria where people threw themselves at him to boost him with 20 ilevel more than him and then he humiliated them to the dirt because they were trash players, and then at the moment he threw out one guy dozens of people were lining up to experience the same shaming. That was one of the best comedies I watched in a while. Or at least I think it was comedy.

All this salt from the haters, probably hating Asmon for some obscure reason because it's a trend. If you watched couple of his streams you would know that he is just a normal and reasonable guy who is entertaining lot's of us. Go hate on some music artist because of their haircut or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't even blame the boomers on this forum complaining about Asmongold. I'd get mad too if I were 60 years old and, after a long life of constant work, realized I could've become a millionaire just by playing WoW LOLOL.
    I whined about his followers. It's just funny that a guy like Asmon got so much dollars by being him. I just don't get his followers at all, or any tard that throws money at a streamer cause they felt they need to support their hobby.. If you can afford to play a game like wow and stream it, you don't need any kind of support. They're not worth it, what they get from commercials from viewer count is already generous enough

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this means that if you try to appease hardcores instead of whales on twitch you make no money

because hardocres know how to use cashback - whales dont do cashbacks

so what if he had like 20k viewers when they werent really donating anything

those are not your idols - twitch is a work for them

why do you think he is still livingi n his mothers attic .

also im really glad that most toxic wow influencer out there is quiting. this will be very good for the game

Like are you serious here? Im not watching him because I dont really care about WoW streamers (I dont hate him also) but saying hes living with mom because he have no money make you look silly. Hes making milions, cmon man, do some research before spewing this bulshiit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "indefinitely"

For a month

Which one is true? hmmmm
    he's bating. he'll be back
    TIL nobody understands the definition of indefinite
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-01-11 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Also calling Asmongold a toxic wow influencer is just typical MMOC jealousy. If anyone's toxic, then it's you and others on this forum.
    I've seen a few videos of him. The way he addresses other players and they way he communicates is toxic. The only times i've heard/read the word "Sperg" Have been from his content.

Horrible.

My experience with streemers has been mostly positive. I regularly watch

Hearthstone: Trump, Roffle, Regis Killbin, Kibler
    Among Us: Toast, Valkyrae, Quarter Jade, TinnaKitten
    Super Mario Maker: Ryukahr

None of them have a noxious and distasteful personality like Asmongold
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2021-01-11 at 01:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Even though I don't like him at all, and probably a lot of ppl in this thread don't, there is no denying that he is the biggest / most popular WoW streamer, meaning he's a huge influencer, and anything he says or does will have an impact on a lot of his followers/viewers.
    The strategy "I don't like him, that's why I'll argue that this doesn't matter" doesn't really work here. It's like saying Trump doesn't matter just because he's an idiot. You can see how much impact he has/had (mostly negative, but still).

By the way, he said he's only taking a break, and "indefinitely" seems to be "1 month" or so.
    I like how people automatically equate "number of followers" of a popular persona/person to it "obviously" meaning the individual is a big influencer in the wow scene.
    Is he successful? Insanely so, yes, he's living the dream. Is he a standard people should hold upto when it comes to streaming or gaming in general or even pay attention to in terms of opinions/ideas? Not necessarily. Here's why:
    1. He's clearly battling depression brought on by his "career" and how it affects his personal life
    2. He's a very toxic example of a streamer on the Twitch platform. In fact it's a little hypocritical that he has a second stream channel where he doesn't display a cam and constantly victimizes himself all the while whispering to his viewers. You cannot be the epitome of toxicity on 1 channel and then fall back to the other and whine about the hate you get on your 2nd channel when things don't work out according to your plan.
    3. He's a perfect example of a person who doesn't know how to handle the power he so obviously has over his viewers / "followers". Take the fight with T&E, the epitome of his reluctance to accept he holds sway on how his "mob" behaves after he reacts to the content of someone on twitch/YT. He has the power to stop the toxicity by simply not reacting to the content unless it involves him, but no, because that would mean he would have to do something original for a change.

4. and perhaps the biggest reason of them all - Don't you think it's odd how blizzard avoids asmon like the plague when it comes to doing community interviews with devs and whatnot? Heck, they've done interviews with scum such as toweliee and yet they avoid asmon. Given asmon is THE largest twitch personality for WoW, don't you think the devs would leverage him to promote their game? Why do you think they haven't?
    It's because asmon is like the twitch equivalent of 2016 elected Trump. Does he have a massive following? Yes. Is it the following you wish to appeal to? Nope. Plain and simple.

The longer this man takes a step away from twitch, the healthier it is for the WoW scene on twitch as a whole.

P.S - i feel bad for all the OTK hypers who were looking forward to the RTWF coverage. You didn't deserve being ghosted by this new "corporation" the way it happened.