Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Fun fact: apparently Parler doesn't scrub exif data from photos and videos, and they were freely downloadable through the API. So everyone who uploaded photos and videos of themselves during the riot doxed themselves.

How these people did it. Glad they're sending all that information to the FBI.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That sounds really fake. Or at least, indicative of such a shitty system that it beggars belief.
    Its both true and a LOT of companies use shitty systems like this.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

That sounds really fake. Or at least, indicative of such a shitty system that it beggars belief.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch...as_we/giu04o6/

Here's the reddit thread. From reading the thread, it turns out it's a shitty system designed mainly for grifting.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to take a random Reddit post at face value when it sounds that unbelievable. Last I heard, there was just some simple web crawling and archiving of the site going on, not some weird hackerman sounding stuff.

I mean, what does this even mean: "Twilio accidentally revealed which services Parler was using. Turns out it was all the security authentications that were used to register a user."
    I could just be Twilio released a statement saying "We will no longer be providing Parler with X and Y API" and people just figured out by deduction that, oh, these were all the authentication APIs, lol oops

Here's my guess: the idiots that made Parler have zero idea what they were doing a googled "how to clone twitter" and then proceeded to mash solutions together until a useable website came out.

"Patriots" beating a cop with the American flag is just heavy-handed symbolism

The writers of this season really jumped the shark with that one

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

And to think, you supported all of this Trump shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

I believe the writers were either fired from MAD magazine or The Onion. Too much satire going around.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, on some other news that pertains to this, Cumulus Media(major media outlet that employs major right wing talk radio hosts like Mark Levin and Dan Bongino) put out a memo that states that, well, I'll let you read it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ction-results/

Talk-Radio Owner Threatens to Fire Hosts Who Dispute Election Results

A media company that employs right wing talk-radio hosts, including Mark Levin, Dan Bongino, and Ben Shapiro, circulated a memo after the pro-Trump riots on Capitol Hill telling hosts to dial down allegations of election fraud, or else face termination.

Cumulus Media sent the internal memo to employees on Wednesday, according to Inside Music Media. The Atlanta-based company owns 416 radio stations throughout the country, many using a talk-radio format with local and national right-wing personalities.

“We need to help induce national calm NOW,” Cumulus’s executive vice president of content Brian Philips wrote in the memo. The company “will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’”

Philips added, “If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately.”

The move by Cumulus came shortly before Google, Apple, and Amazon ceased hosting social media app Parler. Similar in form to Twitter, Parler became popular with users who chafed over perceived censorship of right-wing views.

However, the site’s hosts claimed Parler was not doing enough to moderate its content for posts that included incitement to violence. Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood has called for the execution of Vice President Mike Pence on the site, for example, although Parler CEO John Matze said that post was removed eventually.

The pro-Trump riot on Wednesday, led by supporters who believe the election was rigged against the president, left dozens of police officers injured. One officer was killed while confronting rioters, and one rioter was shot and killed by police.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, on some other news that pertains to this, Cumulus Media(major media outlet that employs major right wing talk radio hosts like Mark Levin and Dan Bongino) put out a memo that states that, well, I'll let you read it.
    How did they get access to the memo? Sounds like someone really wanted to go job hunting over this, even though they're professional snakes that dance for money.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-11 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    How did they get access to the memo? Sounds like someone really wanted to go ob hunting over this, even though they're professional snakes that dance for money.
    Knowing how some of those hosts are, they did it themselves to drum up support when they eventually get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And to think, you supported all of this Trump shitshow.
    I don’t know either of you, but how does this help anyone? Asking as a European, so don’t really have a stake in this.

I mean, (former) trump supporters catch flack both for turning from him, and sticking with him. So if you know you’re gonna get shit on either way, best stick with the group that doesn’t, even if you don’t agree (anymore)

Always give your opponent an out. -tsun zu

Has to be entirely illegal too; i'm not sure posting about it on Reddit is any wiser then posting riot selfies online.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I don’t know either of you, but how does this help anyone? Asking as a European, so don’t really have a stake in this.

I mean, (former) trump supporters catch flack both for turning from him, and sticking with him. So if you know you’re gonna get shit on either way, best stick with the group that doesn’t, even if you don’t agree (anymore)

That guy thinks he will convince "the other side" that he is right and that we should listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    That guy thinks he will convince "the other side" that he is right and that we should listen to him.
    We should definitely debate him on that, I agree!

...he wasn’t in that post though, unless I grossly misunderstood.

He was given outs numerous times, he never took them. They've had 5 years to take an out, and instead of condemning Trump and his band of merry shitbirds, he's complaining about the symbolism in the article. Maybe people should be more concerned with having principles, than having a fear of admitting they were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no desire to convince Trumpsters, they are not my target.

They are the example.

He was given outs numerous times, he never took them. They've had 5 years to take an out, and instead of condemning Trump and his band of merry shitbirds, he's complaining about the symbolism in the article. Maybe people should be more concerned with having principles, than having a fear of admitting they were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no desire to convince Trumpsters, they are not my target.

They are the example.
    So what? You want them to do what ? What are you trying to achieve ?

They have an out. Admit they were wrong and apologize for what they were warned against 4 years ago and every day since.

Letting them pretend they were against the whole time does nothing but drop our guard the next time.

We aren't asking them to commit honor suicide or even be punished....just admit you were wrong and show us you understand your mistake that cost all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    They have an out. Admit they were wrong and apologize for what they were warned against 4 years ago and every day since.

Letting them pretend they were against the whole time does nothing but drop our guard the next time.

We aren't asking them to commit honor suicide or even be punished....just admit you were wrong and show us you understand your mistake that cost all of us.
    When I see what some are saying here, I wonder how they can see they have an out or whatever.

So what? You want them to do what ? What are you trying to achieve ?
    What do you care?

I want to make sure history doesn't repeat itself, and that they don't get to hide from the fascist bullshit they opted to force upon others. It's the same reason we still teach our kids that the Nazis were bad.

When I see what some are saying here, I wonder how they can see they have an out or whatever.
    Oh fucking stop it.

Trump has been an outright piece of shit from Day 1. None of these people called him out, all they did was argue with people who did.

My god, they defended him when he said his inauguration was the biggest ever (when it was clearly not) and didn't stop no matter how serious things escalated....like using congressional money to blackmail another country into doing his political bidding to mishandling a pandemic so badly 300,000 fucking people are dead.

What do you care?

I want to make sure history doesn't repeat itself, and that they don't get to hide from the fascist bullshit they opted to force upon others. It's the same reason we still teach our kids that the Nazis were bad.
    But history won't repeat itself if you can convince them that they were bad and that they should better, etc.... Do you think you are achieving that ?